XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bsmiff']Hate to tell you this but SF2 Turbo HD was 50% off last week.[/QUOTE]

it's ok. it will be on sale again sooner or later.

[quote name='S1yth']I'm not crying, I just sprayed myself with mace. Yeah, that's it. Let me guess, they probably had MvC2 on sale as well huh? I do not want to live anymore.[/QUOTE]

HAhaha yeah they did.

I think I might use a 10 off coupon from GS and grab Dead Rising 2. Already got Case Zero when it released and have been waiting for a cheap price on the 360 version.

As a huge fan of Street Fighter II Turbo (it's the best fighting game ever imo) I have to say that it's really not worth picking up at this point unless you want achievements or have buddies to play with offline. The online experience is easily among the worst on Live. Last time I played online was back in October 2010 and there were STILL heads camping at the character select screen for wins. And that's not counting the players who will disconnect when they lose, then you have to wait 30 seconds to return to the lobby.

[quote name='Abeja']HAhaha yeah they did. [/QUOTE]

vnf9m1.jpg

The treatment my 360 is getting today.

[quote name='S1yth']Got a bit too excited when I thought it was Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD. Been wanting that one for a while but not for 1200 points. Oh well, picking up RISK and Contra maybe.[/QUOTE]
Risk is wayyyy more better than it should be @ 400pts, so it's a bargain. As for Contra, are you expecting the NES gamer-friendly & fun version, or the punishing arcade version without continues ... because you're getting the latter.

Man, I wish I'd gotten in on that Portal deal last week (or two weeks ago). I want to go back and play that. It would be convenient to have it on XBLA.

Hoooray!! I mean oh Shit!
I can't decide whether to be happy that Castlevania is on sale or be pissed off that it came so soon after an avalanche of XBLA sales in the last few weeks. I already have a mountain of games in backlog. It will takes years (seriously) before I can get to some of these games. But I cannot....resist....spending....cash on these sales!
Maybe I can accrue some bing points befoer this sale is over and cushion the hit to my wallet a bit! :cry:

A warning for those purchasing Banjo-Kazooie - wait to do the Bottles puzzles until after you've collected all the music notes in the game. In the N64 original, music notes respawned when you reenter a level, but the XBLA port doesn't respawn them once they've been collected. This mechanic has a related bug with the Bottles puzzles, where a cut scene plays in the background showing Banjo going through some of the game's later levels. If Banjo collects any notes in the cut scene, they disappear from that level and can't be collected without starting over.

While there is a patch that is supposed to fix this, I've seen people post on other forums that they had missing notes after the patch was released, even when trying a different save slot. Not sure if they just couldn't find notes or if the patch didn't fully fix the bug, but saving those Bottles puzzles for the end is a guaranteed workaround.

[quote name='emg28']In Banjo-Kazooie, Case Zero and Case West. I would've passed on the DR2 DLC if they weren't stand-alone.

Add me to the list of those waiting for a sub-$20 price on DR2. I really wasn't able to get into the first Dead Rising so i'm hoping Case Zero gets me to give it a second chance.[/QUOTE]

Try out Case Zero, it was literally designed to be an elaborate, and cheap, demo for the game with its own story and missions. If you enjoy it then you know whether it is worth snatching DR2, or at the very least what price you'll be willing to pay.

I honestly bought DR2 the week it came out, for $40 after a Kmart $20 coupon (and got another coupon that I used to get Vanquish for $15 if I'm not mistaken), but haven't even touched it. :applause: Thankfully there hasn't been much in the way of sales for it to make me feel like an idiot.

You know what, that's it, this week, I'm knocking out Dead Space 2 and Dead Rising 2! I am, I swear!

For those who want a XBLA Street Fighter 2 game, do yourself a favor and look into SF2: HDR. You can play the rebalanced version or the classic Super Turbo, and there is a community for the game on XBL. It's MUCH better than buying the Hyper Fighting if you are serious about yer SF and can afford it.

Ok picked up dr case west and thats it from these sales, my wallet thanks me lol

But next week with cv sales going on it could get crazy lol

I already own cv hd but i have been holding out on dlc hoping for a sale!! I just hope characters Are included as well.

And also have the family gold pack deals gone dead? Havent seen one in weeks:(

Well I am pleasantly surprised with this weeks sales. DR2 Case Zero is an absolute steal at 200 points. I got it for 400 and had a blast with it. Even if you are not a huge Dead Rising fan it is a nice intro to the 2nd game and the achievements are doable with a few playthroughs. I have been waiting to play Case West so I am definitely buying it at 400 points. Might bite on the Castlevania stuff but I will go play the demo to be sure.

edit: I am wondering why they only put 2 of the 4 costume packs on sale? For a $1 each I would have been willing to get the other ones...hmm strange.

760 points for all of the Castlevania DLC is not that bad. I have really been wanting to get them all but each one seems so over priced. A little under $10 for all of them however is more reasonable.

[quote name='Bradisback']
And also have the family gold pack deals gone dead? Havent seen one in weeks:([/QUOTE]

Gold family sales seem to be only for one week and are the first week of the month. I track price changes on my website, but I haven't flagged them, so it's hard for me to remember what the family pack sales were. If anybody has a list of the family pack sales I can double check duration and time periods.

The last Family Pack sale was Spare Parts.

Spylon
- Latest Price Changes

[quote name='Spylon']Gold family sales seem to be only for one week and are the first week of the month. I track price changes on my website, but I haven't flagged them, so it's hard for me to remember what the family pack sales were. If anybody has a list of the family pack sales I can double check duration and time periods.

The last Family Pack sale was Spare Parts.

Spylon
- Latest Price Changes[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure on the exact timing, but yes, they seem to be somewhat random. It is possible that they are on some form of hiatus as they sort it out since so far they've been a bit of a mess (no clear indication when the sales go till, and reports of people who have the family plan not seeing the dealts, etc.) Who knows.

I'm almost certainly going to be in for Case West this week, Banjo certainly is tempting. Just wish my Bing Rewards points were closer to redeeming.

So I do not have either Castlevania games. If you were to select only one which is best. Symphony seems to be the choice but I will try both demos. I guess it it also the cheaper of the two but if HoD is much much longer than that is a plus.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']I'm not sure on the exact timing, but yes, they seem to be somewhat random. It is possible that they are on some form of hiatus as they sort it out since so far they've been a bit of a mess (no clear indication when the sales go till, and reports of people who have the family plan not seeing the dealts, etc.) Who knows.[/QUOTE]

I've been on the family plan since the beginning and the first one was Peggle.

I know that one lasted a month. After that I can't recall the other ones or I would look up the dates.

SotN is one of the best PS1 era games, and (IMO) easily the best of the Castlevania series. Highly recommended.

Found the Jan Family Pack Sale. It was Disney Avatar Gear. I don't track avatar gear not found on game pages. One Week only.

Feb was Yu-Gi-Oh! One week only.

Mar was Sonic Adventure. One week only.

Click the links to see the price history I recorded.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I do not have either Castlevania games. If you were to select only one which is best. Symphony seems to be the choice but I will try both demos. I guess it it also the cheaper of the two but if HoD is much much longer than that is a plus.[/QUOTE]

Harmony of Despair is multiplayer-focused and you need the extra stages to get the most out of it. You'd probably be happier with Symphony of the Night (excellent single-player game) if you're not a huge Castlevania fan.

Just bought Case West and Centipede/Millipede. Man, so many nice XBLA deals this year!

[quote name='Solder']SotN is one of the best PS1 era games, and (IMO) easily the best of the Castlevania series. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='eastx']Harmony of Despair is multiplayer-focused and you need the extra stages to get the most out of it. You'd probably be happier with Symphony of the Night (excellent single-player game) if you're not a huge Castlevania fan.

Just bought Case West and Centipede/Millipede. Man, so many nice XBLA deals this year![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I think that is the way I am going to go as soon as the sale price shows up for me.

[quote name='Spylon']No one can see the Castlevania sales, they start next week. :D[/QUOTE]

Ok I am officially stupid for the day...maybe the week.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So I do not have either Castlevania games. If you were to select only one which is best. Symphony seems to be the choice but I will try both demos. I guess it it also the cheaper of the two but if HoD is much much longer than that is a plus.[/QUOTE]

I've got a 250gb hard drive with plenty of space on it and Castlevania HD is the only XBLA game I own that is not on it. If you haven't played SotN there is pretty much no chance you will enjoy HD much less enjoy it more. It's a miserable grind of a game that requires a whole truck load of caveats to go through before endorsing.

And I just saw on wiki, they added a stage based on Legion? Legion? Why would anyone want that.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wait Centipede/Millipede are on sale too? I missed them last time. Swish![/QUOTE]

I picked that up last time it was 200. Well worth the points!!

Definitely going to try and get a cheap 1 month code so I can get the 2 DR games.

By the way if anyone wants a co-op partner for Contra just send me a message over live.

Fine, you guys convinced me to get DR: CW. I 200/200 CZ and played the retail game a little bit, but I have the same problem with DR2 that I did with DR1. I just don't know how to manage the clock in that game.

[quote name='Gertle627']Fine, you guys convinced me to get DR: CW. I 200/200 CZ and played the retail game a little bit, but I have the same problem with DR2 that I did with DR1. I just don't know how to manage the clock in that game.[/QUOTE]

You'll probably like CW then. It's by far the easiest of the bunch to manage your time in.

Sweet thread man, thanks for the hard work, sadly enough though, nothing I'm wanting to get this week, but will pick up SotN for sure next week

[quote name='CTK']So is Case West and Case Zero worth the purchase if I haven't played DR2 yet?[/QUOTE]
I haven't picked up DR2 yet, but I'm planning on picking up Case Zero for 200 points and holding off on Case West for now. Once I get/beat DR2, then I'll think about moving onto Case West (as it takes place after DR2 I believe, or contains some spoilers). And I'd like to think we'll see it on sale again at some point.

By now it's law for zombie video games to require no real story. Just go in and kill some undead mofo's. Dead Rising series is no different. So really if your concern is story, don't be.

Plus Dead Rising 2 honestly showed that the gameplay has not aged well from Dead Rising 1. If anything Dead Rising: Case Zero (and probably Case West) are really all the Dead Rising you'll need in life.

[quote name='bardockkun']By now it's law for zombie video games to require no real story. Just go in and kill some undead mofo's. Dead Rising series is no different. So really if your concern is story, don't be.

Plus Dead Rising 2 honestly showed that the gameplay has not aged well from Dead Rising 1. If anything Dead Rising: Case Zero (and probably Case West) are really all the Dead Rising you'll need in life.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree... I bought Case Zero for full price and honestly really liked it. It was just long enough for me to enjoy and short enough not to get sick of it. I got 100% of the achievements on it and I honestly had fun doing all of it. Couldn't get into the full version of DR 2... I think I just got bored of it and honestly only like my zombies in spurts. I'll probably take a look at Case West since it's stand alone and it sounds similar to Case Zero if it's confined to one area.

I really liked all three iterations of Dead Rising 2, though DR2's bosses were just really pale attempts at capturing the quality of DR1's.

Never, ever understood the appeal of SotN but for the price it isn't too bad.

Castlevania HD is just tripe though especially since you need MP to enjoy it, but by now the MP mode is all people with max level grinded gear.

Got Case Zero. I basically played Dead Rising 1 for about 3-4 hours before getting mad and quitting. I'm figuring Case Zero is about that length, so I'll have fun killing zombies in weird ways and then it'll end right when I'm done with it.

And Castlevania: SOTN is one of my favorite games ever. It's worth buying just for the soundtrack, seriously.

[quote name='spaceboykevin']anyone know what is included in the upcoming version of DR2?[/QUOTE]

The only news is that it is a "what-if" of the main story. No mentions of DLC or Cases being included.

[quote name='spaceboykevin']anyone know what is included in the upcoming version of DR2?[/QUOTE]

As far as the gameplay is concerned all I've heard so far is that there's new item combinations and a single new area to explore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back