XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNEWZ']When KMart ran the deal on the disc version $10 coupon... I figured that was my best bet. No need to have it on the hard drive....

And yes, my question was rhetorical --- I seldom beat the game(s) before they go on sale. My backlog is similarly comical.[/QUOTE]

Dang I must have missed that. Oh well I'm sure it'll get there again.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']When KMart ran the deal on the disc version $10 coupon... I figured that was my best bet. No need to have it on the hard drive....

And yes, my question was rhetorical --- I seldom beat the game(s) before they go on sale. My backlog is similarly comical.[/QUOTE]

I would have bit on that deal when they had it, though i already had the Taiwanese version that was free for a few hours :p.

[quote name='Spylon']This was not a mistake it was the family deal of the month it ended today.[/QUOTE]

I've been waiting a long time to get Costume Quest, guess I will be waiting a while longer.

[quote name='Jabrim']Need to update the OP, Costume Quest is at 1200 points, apparently the 600 points was a mistake and has been reset.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Spylon']This was not a mistake it was the family deal of the month it ended today.[/QUOTE]

It's ok, just yet another person posting shite when they have read fuck all about the offer

[quote name='ivegotalobon']It's ok, just yet another person posting shite when they have read fuck all about the offer[/QUOTE]

Actually since the post gets updated every Tuesday, or appears to anyway and that was leftover about the Costume Quest being 600 pts, it isn't my fault I assumed it started today. So go fuck yourself before you get all holy on me.

[quote name='Jabrim']I've been waiting a long time to get Costume Quest, guess I will be waiting a while longer.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that you missed the sale. I'm sure it will go on sale again, maybe Halloween. Hopefully they will include the DLC in the next sale and you can get the complete package. I am still waiting for the DLC.

[quote name='Shadowiii']Grabbed Marathon Pack. I haven't bought any DC1 dlc, and I figured I'm ready for some new dances.
Probably won't buy any more until DC2, though. Hopefully all the DC1 DLC supports two player, or my wife is gonna be piiissseeeddd....
[/QUOTE]

You would think so since they said you can import DC1 into DC2.

[quote name='Jabrim']I've been waiting a long time to get Costume Quest, guess I will be waiting a while longer.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear that you missed the sale. I'm sure it will go on sale again, maybe Halloween. Hopefully they will include the DLC in the next sale and you can get the complete package. I am still waiting for the DLC.

Fixed the RB3 note. Sorry about the confusion this morning, lots of info was out there but didn't get labeled. As far as Costume Quest, it's my fault for not including the start and end date, but since MS doesn't make the family deal clear to those not in a family plan, I don't like to assume.

So Dance Central 2 will likely be compatible with Dance Central 1 DLC, correct? Figure I should pick this up now because this is definitely a game I'd pick up for the Kinect.

[quote name='reddjoey']Fixed the RB3 note. Sorry about the confusion this morning, lots of info was out there but didn't get labeled. As far as Costume Quest, it's my fault for not including the start and end date, but since MS doesn't make the family deal clear to those not in a family plan, I don't like to assume.[/QUOTE]

This is a great thread, I read it all the time, isn't your fault. Just got huffy cause someone jumped down my throat.

Awww, I thought for a second that the Johnny Cash pack people were talking about was for Dance Central and that would have been amazing.

I haven't played Rock Band in a year but I think I'm still going to buy that Alt Country pack.

[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Awww, I thought for a second that the Johnny Cash pack people were talking about was for Dance Central and that would have been amazing.[/QUOTE]

WTF. :lol:

[quote name='Rollobobo']This XBLA arcade release, SPELUNKY, looks quite promising. No date yet, but I imagine it would be soon. PLUS....Super Meat Boy makes a cameo!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/14/spelunky-xbla-trailer-digs-a-hole-directly-to-our-heart/[/QUOTE]

I've played it a little on the PC when it first came out. Not sure if / how it's been changed since then, but it was fun then I thought. I wouldn't have much issue dropping $10 on it probably.

Just FYI, the Dance Central Marathon Pack doesn't have "We Run This" - Missy Elliot, "Temperature" - Sean Paul, or "Le Freak" - Chic compared to the four Dance Packs. It also has "I Gotta Feeling" - The Black Eyed Peas. Just in case people wanted to figure that out.

I'm definitely going to pick up the Marathon Pack. I'm thinking no, but does any one know if the individual songs from the Dance Packs are also 33% off?

Also, to whoever asked, I'm going to figure that DC1 DLC will work with DC2 even though I didn't hear anything that expressedly said so. They did it for RB and Harmonix is all about building a "platform" our of their games.

P.S. - For some stupid reason when I log in to the CAG forums from my work computer it gives me the terrible mobile (not even iOS) version of the website. What's up with that?

[quote name='JKSonic']While true, Burnout Paradise is a pretty old game at this point, it came out in '08...so really the DLC should probably be at this price by now. It's hard to justify it as a bargain JUST because it's never been on sale this low. For me that's like if BB put Burnout Paradise itself on sale for $15...umm ok kinda cool but for a game that old?...really?

I think one of the dumbest things that MS has always done with DLC is how they do the pricing. Random stuff drops while other stuff never does...then three years down the line they put it on sale. DLC should drop at a rate directly associated with the any MSRP drops to the full retail game.[/QUOTE]I agree that DLC should go down in price as it gets older and more importantly less relevant and occassionally it does, but not often enough. However, it doesn't so that makes this sale on BSI a deal. It's had a regular price drop and now it's on sale. Not to mention it's considered to be a pretty big expansion to the game. It's a good value just for the single player addition and despite being 3 years old I bet you could start a thread revival for the game and get plenty of CAGs to play. You may not even need to do that. I played it a month ago in the afternoon and got into a race or two no problem. Shoot, I played Burnout REVENGE that evening and got into a few races no problem and that was a launch game or came out shortly thereafter. Honestly, I think they shoulda put ALL the Bo:p content on sale. That goes for NFS:HP too.

Bummer I saw they fixed the Days of Thunder price. Even 400 points for that seems over priced. Played the demo for Scrap Metal and I'm thinking I'll bite even though that's probably also too high. I'm desperate for a new arcade game and I can see having some fun with it.

[quote name='jdawgg76']I agree that DLC should go down in price as it gets older and more importantly less relevant and occassionally it does, but not often enough. However, it doesn't so that makes this sale on BSI a deal. It's had a regular price drop and now it's on sale. Not to mention it's considered to be a pretty big expansion to the game. It's a good value just for the single player addition and despite being 3 years old I bet you could start a thread revival for the game and get plenty of CAGs to play. You may not even need to do that. I played it a month ago in the afternoon and got into a race or two no problem. Shoot, I played Burnout REVENGE that evening and got into a few races no problem and that was a launch game or came out shortly thereafter. Honestly, I think they shoulda put ALL the Bo:p content on sale. That goes for NFS:HP too.[/QUOTE]

I only wish the Ultimate Box was released for 360 in the US. (I don't think it made it to anything other than the PC in the US)

Not sure why they called MtG 2012 in mid June but...it's decent.

The deck editing isn't true deck editing but at least you can substitute cards now vs. just add bonus unlocked cards or not. It also seems to auto balance your land as well if you add extra unlocked card.

i.e. you unlock 3 - new creature cards, you can "remove/replace" them in the deck it's tied to so long as you don't go under 60 cards in your library.

You'll see a lot of familiar decks and characters from the previous MtG game but it seems to support more co-op play...some of the puzzles are a joke, seriously...as long as you can press a button you'll probably beat the first 6 or 7. If you like MtG it's worth 800 ms points.

[quote name='reddjoey']I only wish the Ultimate Box was released for 360 in the US. (I don't think it made it to anything other than the PC in the US)[/QUOTE]Seriously. I waited forever until I gave up and just the regular old version at Blockbuster for $5 in a B1G1. I have a ginormous backlog so I don't mind waiting on a lot of games especially if I think there will be a GOTY type compilation like Fallout 3 or Forza 3, etc. Last I saw Ultimate Box was only PC still.

[quote name='100xp']Not sure why they called MtG 2012 in mid June but...it's decent.[/QUOTE]It's dated 2012 to beat NCAA 2012 and Madden to the punch.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Bummer I saw they fixed the Days of Thunder price. Even 400 points for that seems over priced. Played the demo for Scrap Metal and I'm thinking I'll bite even though that's probably also too high. I'm desperate for a new arcade game and I can see having some fun with it.[/QUOTE]

Scrap Metal is fun and it'll fill the gap for time if you're waiting on more sales or something new to look forward to. For 600 ms points i'd say buy it. It's got online and offline play, avatar awards, leaderboards and more. I bought it @ launch and don't regret it but I like those types of games.

Spelunky looks like fun and adventurous, but I have a feeling it won't do as well as it's perceived. Hence: keflings, ilomilo and raskulls. All of them are good games and under the radar. I've gotten people into all of those games and they didn't even know much about them really. I think they've been on sale before but even @ full price they're all worth the $. Especially when all 3 are purchased and can be linked to each other (as in being able to use characters from others games in the other games) I think that was a good idea. I wonder if Spelunky will have any secret characters like that or anything else.

By the way, what's up with the ncaa 09 march madness edition (MME) on xbl arcade? No demo, never heard much of it. Been wanting a sports type game to play on arcade as I don't buy retail sports games but ain't heard much about it. Already finished the NBA 2K10 Draft Combine game and that was fun.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Scrap Metal is fun and it'll fill the gap for time if you're waiting on more sales or something new to look forward to. For 600 ms points i'd say buy it. It's got online and offline play, avatar awards, leaderboards and more. I bought it @ launch and don't regret it but I like those types of games.[/QUOTE]

I think you may have me at avatar awards. Definitely looking to fill the gap so this sounds like a good enough fit.

can anyone who bought scrap metal tell us if it receives a title update when starting up? some of the flaws listed in reviews seem like the couldve been fixed... i might pick this puppy up, i too am suffering from xbla purchase withdrawls.

[quote name='bajingo']can anyone who bought scrap metal tell us if it receives a title update when starting up? some of the flaws listed in reviews seem like the couldve been fixed... i might pick this puppy up, i too am suffering from xbla purchase withdrawls.[/QUOTE]
I bought it when it came out and haven't played it since 3/30/10 and it didn't have a title update when I just launched it. Hope that helps

While I was tempted to buy the marathon pack, I already had a few of those songs, so it looked like a waste. I picked up the DC Pack 1 and I'm enjoying it so far. I wish instead all songs were 33-50% off instead of having to buy the songs in packs. It's really a slap in the face to people who have been purchasing songs, but would like to pick up some more.

I don't know but it's pretty bad. I bought the PS version at an earlier sale and it's just about the most dull shooter I've ever played.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']It's really a slap in the face to people who have been purchasing songs, but would like to pick up some more.[/QUOTE]

No it's not, and you would do well to lose the sense of entitlement. Things go on sale or get bundled after you buy them sometimes. It's a part of life.

[quote name='eastx']No it's not, and you would do well to lose the sense of entitlement.[/QUOTE]

You would do well to stop jumping to conclusions because I was not talking about myself because I have not purchased most of the songs. I was merely speaking out for those who purchased most of the songs, have proven their loyalty to Harmonix, and now cannot take part in this deal. So yes, actually it is a slap in the face because they could have easily had a deal in which all songs were discounted instead of packs. Sure, it doesn't concern me, but it's still a valid point I feel should be made.

Saying it's a part of life could be applied to anything. Complacency may be fine with you, but it doesn't do anything to change the current state of things.

I ended up picking up the Fatboy Slim song for Dance Central and the Armed and Dangerous pack for NFS Hot Pursuit. I am pretty pleased, especially with the NFS pack because it finally gave me that jolt to play the game again this weekend.

[quote name='nadohawk']I think I have not spent any points in almost half a year. These deals are getting really lame.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. When I finally get XBL Gold while PSN was down they start getting all these lame deals. Still wish I could have gotten the Ilomilo and Portal deals a few months ago. 1200 points, waiting on another 800 from the 3 month deal, and nothing on sale to spend it on.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']You would do well to stop jumping to conclusions because I was not talking about myself because I have not purchased most of the songs. I was merely speaking out for those who purchased most of the songs, have proven their loyalty to Harmonix, and now cannot take part in this deal. So yes, actually it is a slap in the face because they could have easily had a deal in which all songs were discounted instead of packs. Sure, it doesn't concern me, but it's still a valid point I feel should be made.

Saying it's a part of life could be applied to anything. Complacency may be fine with you, but it doesn't do anything to change the current state of things.[/QUOTE]

When you buy something you are saying that you agree that the price you are going to pay is acceptable to you. If it goes on sale a day later, it doesn't make that previous purchase somehow unfair. It was the decision of the buyer to get it at that price.

[quote name='ZForce915']When you buy something you are saying that you agree that the price you are going to pay is acceptable to you. If it goes on sale a day later, it doesn't make that previous purchase somehow unfair. It was the decision of the buyer to get it at that price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, but I'm talking about how if you already bought one song in the pack, the deal almost becomes pointless. It's not about the purchase of the song at full price that bothers me, it's the inability to purchase other songs at a discounted price now. It seems like a much different scenario.

[quote name='bsmiff']Has 1942: Joint Strike ever gone on sale? I noticed it's 50% off on PSN right now.[/QUOTE]
I THINK it has, but it sucks anyway.

Decided to bite on Scrap Metal (Didn't hurt as much as you think). Not a bad little game. Really feels more like an 800 point game. Going to go for all the golds so I can get the RC car avatar award. Hope it's cool. If anyone wants to play some multiplayer hit me up.

[quote name='mrniceguy8']Yeah, I understand where you're coming from, but I'm talking about how if you already bought one song in the pack, the deal almost becomes pointless. It's not about the purchase of the song at full price that bothers me, it's the inability to purchase other songs at a discounted price now. It seems like a much different scenario.[/QUOTE]

That's just how the sale is set up. It's too bad they're not all available individually, but all that means is that the deal will be useful for some people but not everybody. They're not under any obligation to put even one piece of Dance Central content on sale or bundle it. The fact that they are doing so is good for many people, even if not everybody. That's all there is to it. To repeat, not everyone is entitled to benefit from or take advantage of any particular sale. And what ZForce said.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nadohawk']I think I have not spent any points in almost half a year. These deals are getting really lame.[/QUOTE]

I agree that the recent deals suck, but in the past 6 months there have been over 60 arcade games on sale. That isn't counting dlc or anything else. If you haven't found anything to buy in that long then you are really hard to please.

[quote name='Jhuntley']Yeah. When I finally get XBL Gold while PSN was down they start getting all these lame deals. Still wish I could have gotten the Ilomilo and Portal deals a few months ago. 1200 points, waiting on another 800 from the 3 month deal, and nothing on sale to spend it on.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat I bought castlevania SotN when I first joined and nothing since

[quote name='fader089']I agree that the recent deals suck, but in the past 6 months there have been over 60 arcade games on sale. That isn't counting dlc or anything else. If you haven't found anything to buy in that long then you are really hard to please.[/QUOTE]

Not really. I own 30 arcade games so I know some of the games I owned were on sale, which did nothing for me. And DLC only works if you own the games (or want the game in the future). And finally there is how people work. There are some arcade games and DLC that I really want, but I want them to go on sale for me to buy them. If I jump on some of these sales that I don't really want then there is a possibility that I wouldn't have the points for the stuff I really do want.

And because those things I really want are not going on sale, then it is totally worth saying the recent deals suck, but not that I am hard to please.

I mean sure you could have bought a game or some DLC in the past 6 months, but I honestly haven't been interested in all that much since December and I haven't even been saving my points for anything. The only things I can think of that I bought were Sid Meier's Pirates, X-Men Arcade, and Risk Factions. Everything else I have passed on. But that is more so because I barely play arcade games as it is and I don't need to add arcade games I will barely play to my backlog, unless the game does really interest me.

[quote name='Kaltic']Not really. I own 30 arcade games so I know some of the games I owned were on sale, which did nothing for me. And DLC only works if you own the games (or want the game in the future). And finally there is how people work. There are some arcade games and DLC that I really want, but I want them to go on sale for me to buy them. If I jump on some of these sales that I don't really want then there is a possibility that I wouldn't have the points for the stuff I really do want.

And because those things I really want are not going on sale, then it is totally worth saying the recent deals suck, but not that I am hard to please.

I mean sure you could have bought a game or some DLC in the past 6 months, but I honestly haven't been interested in all that much since December and I haven't even been saving my points for anything. The only things I can think of that I bought were Sid Meier's Pirates, X-Men Arcade, and Risk Factions. Everything else I have passed on. But that is more so because I barely play arcade games as it is and I don't need to add arcade games I will barely play to my backlog, unless the game does really interest me.[/QUOTE]

It isn't really fair to say that the deals suck (in general) just because they don't have the specific things you want though. It sounds like if you didn't find any games out of more than 60 then you probably only want a very small selection of items. Naturally there will be less of a chance that you will get what you want if you only want a few things.

I am curious what you'd like to see on sale. I feel the same way as you about not buying anything unless it is DotW. That is why I just now got around to buying Big Surf Island even though Burnout Paradise is one of my favorite Xbox 360 games ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back