XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sp8001']You were half way right, not Sega but Popcap lol. Just watched it via the dash and all Crazy Larry does is explain this weeks DotW :(

Kinda weird tho, during the clip I swear he mentioned Worms 2: Armageddon for half off, lol. Anyone else notice that?

Anyways... False Alarm guys :(

I guess I will be picking up Trouble Witches tonight :)[/QUOTE]

He said Worms 2 Armageddon, but showed something else

Played the trial of heavy weapon and when it was over I purchased it. Game surprised me but of course I made it through the trial without dieing once and then right after I buy it then it becomes difficult and I lose all three of my lives in less than 90 seconds.

[quote name='Spylon']Hopefully there is a next month. Xbox rewards is supposed to end this month.
http://rewards.xbox.com/terms-and-conditions/
1. The current phase of the Program begins at 5:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on December 1, 2010, and is scheduled to end at 3:59 p.m. GMT on June 30, 2011 (the “Program Period”), but Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify, suspend, or cancel the Program, at its discretion, at any time in accordance with Section G of these Terms.[/QUOTE]

I likes my xbox rewards - hope they keep the program!

[quote name='Zonic505']Wonder if this means Ubisoft doesn't have the rights to TMNT after the month ends.

......So hoping Konami gets the rights back so we can get the original version.[/QUOTE]

First sentence of the article says it's an expired license. I think I got it for full price Day 1. I loved the original in the arcade and on SNES so I'm not too upset I paid way too much for it.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']happy i got this last year for half off. Wasn't this really cheap last year on black friday?[/QUOTE]

I think it was about 200 then.

[quote name='KASPENN']If you guys are looking to get Catan or Poker Smash, there's this guy from the Netherlands that's selling the two of them together for $5.99 on ebay. I bought Poker Smash from him a few months back after a fellow cag told me about it. I received an e-mail with the code a few hours after I purchased it. (I live in Texas and got the code to work, so it isn't region locked). His feedback is 98.5% and he seems to have more than 10 still available.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Catan-Poker-Sma...3740?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item4aa95a3edc[/QUOTE]

I offered him $4. Here's hoping! :bouncy:

[quote name='Spylon']Hopefully there is a next month. Xbox rewards is supposed to end this month.
http://rewards.xbox.com/terms-and-conditions/
1. The current phase of the Program begins at 5:00 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time (“GMT”) on December 1, 2010, and is scheduled to end at 3:59 p.m. GMT on June 30, 2011 (the “Program Period”), but Sponsor reserves the right to shorten, extend, modify, suspend, or cancel the Program, at its discretion, at any time in accordance with Section G of these Terms.[/QUOTE]

I really hope there is a next month as well, they still owe me 240 MS Points.

So I read the fine print on the MK Season Pass and discovered that the Klassic Skins Pack #1 is NOT included. So they are offering this pass for more than the LA Noire one AND it doesn't even include all the current & upcoming DLC? What the fuck are they thinking?? I was considering buying the pass anyway since it's still discounted but the fact that it's not even including all the current & upcoming content is where I have to draw the "I don't think so" line. I really want additional characters cause I'm kind of a sucker for them but damn they really pushed me too far I think.

Am I overreacting or are they just being greedy? I realize they could have not offered a pass at all and then everyone would be stuck spending 400 points per freaking character (which seems disgustingly overpriced to me) and I wouldn't be as mad. It just seems like they want to ride the LA Noire Pass' coattails without following their pricing model.

Good thing I bought TMNT RS during the Christmas sale.

If Xbox Rewards is ending this month, they better transfer the MSP remainder instead of the dumb 100-point threshold.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']So I read the fine print on the MK Season Pass and discovered that the Klassic Skins Pack #1 is NOT included. So they are offering this pass for more than the LA Noire one AND it doesn't even include all the current & upcoming DLC? What the fuck are they thinking?? I was considering buying the pass anyway since it's still discounted but the fact that it's not even including all the current & upcoming content is where I have to draw the "I don't think so" line. I really want additional characters cause I'm kind of a sucker for them but damn they really pushed me too far I think.

Am I overreacting or are they just being greedy? I realize they could have not offered a pass at all and then everyone would be stuck spending 400 points per freaking character (which seems disgustingly overpriced to me) and I wouldn't be as mad. It just seems like they want to ride the LA Noire Pass' coattails without following their pricing model.[/QUOTE]
I really don't see it as that big of a deal. You get 1 character for free if you buy the pass and all future costumes are free with the compatibility updates, so the pass is only for the downloadable characters. Honestly, I'd be grateful for the 1 free character if I was you, PSN users like myself don't get the chance to save by getting a season pass, we have to resort to gamesharing if we want it at a discount.

Also, 400 points for a character is a steal. They could charge a lot more for a character than 5 bucks.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Am I overreacting or are they just being greedy? I realize they could have not offered a pass at all and then everyone would be stuck spending 400 points per freaking character (which seems disgustingly overpriced to me) and I wouldn't be as mad. It just seems like they want to ride the LA Noire Pass' coattails without following their pricing model.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say it on the name, but you aren't paying for costumes, you're paying for characters. It's not greedy at all, I'd say. With the discount you save on getting that fourth character (which you said you would probably get anyway), you can buy that Kostume Pack and get it for free thanks to that bundle. If it wasn't there, you'd be looking at 2000 points for all that instead of 1600. It also doesn't inflate the price for people who only want the characters, not the costumes, so it saves everyone money.

Super Meat Boy needs to go on sale. Came out what, October? It's nowhere in the top downloads so it can't be selling much. I want it, but knowing that it was originally $10 I'm not going to be the shmuck that pays $15 for it now.

[quote name='VexxedCS']Super Meat Boy needs to go on sale. Came out what, October? It's nowhere in the top downloads so it can't be selling much. I want it, but knowing that it was originally $10 I'm not going to be the shmuck that pays $15 for it now.[/QUOTE]
Just so you know, you can still get it for 10 bucks at GameStop. :D

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I really don't see it as that big of a deal. You get 1 character for free if you buy the pass and all future costumes are free with the compatibility updates, so the pass is only for the downloadable characters. Honestly, I'd be grateful for the 1 free character if I was you, PSN users like myself don't get the chance to save by getting a season pass, we have to resort to gamesharing if we want it at a discount.

Also, 400 points for a character is a steal. They could charge a lot more for a character than 5 bucks.[/QUOTE]

Yea I normally buy my fighters on PS3 but I got a sweet deal on the Fightstick bundle for 360. All future costumes are free? Are we assuming they won't release anymore costumes? That being said it still seems like the other costumes should be included anyway. If I buy a "Season Pass" I would hope that ALL the DLC out now and going forward to the end of the season would be included. I know if I had bought the pass first and noticed the Klassic Pack #1 wasn't included I would have been super annoyed. Now that I know ahead of time I won't be as mad when I don't get it. I imagine there's going to be a few people a little upset when they assume and don't read the fine print.

Also, you really think $5 isn't the maximum (at least) reasonable price for a single DLC character? I realize they can make a significant impact on a game like this and there's certainly more work involved than other games since there are all kinds of balancing issues that go along with them, but I can't possibly imagine anyone charging more than $5 for a single character.

[quote name='HumpsMcLovin']It doesn't say it on the name, but you aren't paying for costumes, you're paying for characters. It's not greedy at all, I'd say. With the discount you save on getting that fourth character (which you said you would probably get anyway), you can buy that Kostume Pack and get it for free thanks to that bundle. If it wasn't there, you'd be looking at 2000 points for all that instead of 1600. It also doesn't inflate the price for people who only want the characters, not the costumes, so it saves everyone money.[/QUOTE]

FWIW they do list the 8 Klassic Character Skins as part of the package deal so it's not like it's really a surprise bonus. So I would disagree and argue that we ARE, in fact, paying for the costumes. So by your math it's actually ~2800MSP retail, asssuming they sell each pack (2 seperate releases listed) for 400 MSP each, for only 1200 points. That certainly makes it sound like a better deal.

[quote name='Firvagor']If Xbox Rewards is ending this month, they better transfer the MSP remainder instead of the dumb 100-point threshold.[/QUOTE]They should've done it by the dollar. I hated how I was 20 points short of 400 MSP (because they didn't count the survey I did the 1st day of April despite they gave my MSP to me weeks AFTER I took it), so I couldn't really get any games...

Wonder if they'll do the "buy # games, get ## MSP back" deal for Summer of Arcade again.

Regarding the MK Season pass, a total of 6 more downloadable costumes come with it. Sektor and Cyrax were free for everyone, but season pass nets you the classic Noob and Smoke costumes for next month as well along with four more unannounced character costumes. So a total 6 costumes (not counting Sektor and Cyrax) and 4 characters is what you're paying for.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yea I normally buy my fighters on PS3 but I got a sweet deal on the Fightstick bundle for 360. All future costumes are free? Are we assuming they won't release anymore costumes? That being said it still seems like the other costumes should be included anyway. If I buy a "Season Pass" I would hope that ALL the DLC out now and going forward to the end of the season would be included. I know if I had bought the pass first and noticed the Klassic Pack #1 wasn't included I would have been super annoyed. Now that I know ahead of time I won't be as mad when I don't get it. I imagine there's going to be a few people a little upset when they assume and don't read the fine print.

Also, you really think $5 isn't the maximum (at least) reasonable price for a single DLC character? I realize they can make a significant impact on a game like this and there's certainly more work involved than other games since there are all kinds of balancing issues that go along with them, but I can't possibly imagine anyone charging more than $5 for a single character.
[/QUOTE]
Okay, I was wrong, expecting the new Klassic Kostumes to be free in compatability packs like Cyrax/Sektor are. And yes! Man, $5 is super reasonable for a character! BlazBlue Continuum Shift's DLC characters costs 7 bucks, which is too high for me. $5 is my threshold for an entirely new character.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']BlazBlue Continuum Shift's DLC characters costs 7 bucks, which is too high for me. $5 is my threshold for an entirely new character.[/QUOTE]

This absolutely. Those are insanely overpriced. $5 is the max imo. For Pete's sake I could buy an arcade game as good as Peggle for $5. Probably why I struggle with single character DLC when it gets to be more than ~$2 a pop. I ended up buying some of the Castlevania HD characters for I think $2-3 (retail MSP *shudder*) a piece and that felt pricey. I honestly think most DLC characters should come in packs not as stand-alones. Especially at that price. Imo $5 should be a bundle of 2 characters for a game like MK. Castlevania it should have been like 4 of them.

[quote name='bardockkun']Regarding the MK Season pass, a total of 6 more downloadable costumes come with it. Sektor and Cyrax were free for everyone, but season pass nets you the classic Noob and Smoke costumes for next month as well along with four more unannounced character costumes. So a total 6 costumes (not counting Sektor and Cyrax) and 4 characters is what you're paying for.[/QUOTE]

I like how they state 8 skins in the ad making me believe that there are 8 "for sale" ones included. Just double checked and they do include Sektor and Cyrax in the ad. Getting more and more annoyed every time I look at it. Especially since I'm probably going to bite anyway. Kinda hoping they do a Season Pass sale for 800 points. Perhaps an early buyer discount like the L.A. Noire Pass (though sadly that would have started by now). Ha!

I can't imagine paying $5 just for a character to use in a fighting game, that stuff should be $1-2 tops. Then again maybe I'm a bit spoiled as I spent a total of like $18 and got Mass Effect 2 brand new (for $10) and all the DLC on sale for around $2 each. $5 for one additional character to fight with? no way.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']First sentence of the article says it's an expired license. I think I got it for full price Day 1. I loved the original in the arcade and on SNES so I'm not too upset I paid way too much for it.[/QUOTE]

Too bad they ruined the remake and it's nothing like the SNES or arcade version. I bought it when it was on sale for 160(even though i knew better) and still regret buying it.

I don't mind the price for the characters........ unless they are already on the disc(looking at you marvel 3)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bardockkun']Regarding the MK Season pass, a total of 6 more downloadable costumes come with it. Sektor and Cyrax were free for everyone, but season pass nets you the classic Noob and Smoke costumes for next month as well along with four more unannounced character costumes. So a total 6 costumes (not counting Sektor and Cyrax) and 4 characters is what you're paying for.[/QUOTE]

No all those costumes are going to be free. The season pass is only for fighters. Either xbox or Nethrealm know that $5 is robbery so they think that a couple of extra costumes clears everything up. I don't think so and i will gladly wait for a reduced price for the season pass

Has the DLC for Dead Space 2 been on sale before? I'd like to see that one drop a bit.

Need the newest Fallout NV one to drop in price too.

[quote name='destro4eva']Has the DLC for Dead Space 2 been on sale before? I'd like to see that one drop a bit.

Need the newest Fallout NV one to drop in price too.[/QUOTE]

You mean Severed? I'm waiting for a sale on that too.

Tried out the demos for Gatling Gears and Heavy Weapon last night - enjoyed them both, but not sure if I'll get neither, one or both...

Picked up Bejeweled Blitz, Heavy Weapon, and AstroPop (already had most of the others). On the fence for Bejeweled 2 (already have it on PC) and Gatling Gears. I didn't realize it was a twin stick shooter so that was a nice surprise, but not sure if I can stomach the 800 points or wait to see if it dips further. The game being relatively new, you guys think the chances are good it'll go on sale again?

[quote name='JStryke']Picked up Bejeweled Blitz, Heavy Weapon, and AstroPop (already had most of the others). On the fence for Bejeweled 2 (already have it on PC) and Gatling Gears. I didn't realize it was a twin stick shooter so that was a nice surprise, but not sure if I can stomach the 800 points or wait to see if it dips further. The game being relatively new, you guys think the chances are good it'll go on sale again?[/QUOTE]

If you already have Bejeweled 2 for PC, you should probably hold off on buying it. Bejeweled 3 is coming out soon on XBLA and it's pretty much the same game. It even has Bejeweled Blitz-style game mode.

As for Gatling Gears, at 33% off I'd wait. PvZ was 33% before and it's 50% off now. Same goes for a lot of other games. But you may be waiting about a year for it.

[quote name='vamn']If you already have Bejeweled 2 for PC, you should probably hold off on buying it. Bejeweled 3 is coming out soon on XBLA and it's pretty much the same game. It even has Bejeweled Blitz-style game mode.

As for Gatling Gears, at 33% off I'd wait. PvZ was 33% before and it's 50% off now. Same goes for a lot of other games. But you may be waiting about a year for it.[/QUOTE]

I think that advice is solid.... depending on how much you want the particular game. A 200 point difference would be worth it to me if my interest was minimal, but if I really wanted to play the game I wouldn't wait 6 months, a year, or possibly never to save $2.50.

[quote name='vamn']As for Gatling Gears, at 33% off I'd wait. PvZ was 33% before and it's 50% off now. Same goes for a lot of other games. But you may be waiting about a year for it.[/QUOTE]

I'd wager much sooner. If it's already on sale this soon after release it must be selling poorly. I wouldn't be surprised if this one drops hard and fast. 800 should have been retail imo. I bet it'll either see a permanent drop to 800 or a 600 point sale within 6 months.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'd wager much sooner. If it's already on sale this soon after release it must be selling poorly. I wouldn't be surprised if this one drops hard and fast. 800 should have been retail imo. I bet it'll either see a permanent drop to 800 or a 600 point sale within 6 months.[/QUOTE]

Why are we even calling this a sale? Has EA announced it as such? I think it's a price drop. I don't recall the dashboard ad saying it was a sale.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I'd wager much sooner. If it's already on sale this soon after release it must be selling poorly. I wouldn't be surprised if this one drops hard and fast. 800 should have been retail imo. I bet it'll either see a permanent drop to 800 or a 600 point sale within 6 months.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly

[quote name='BrolyB593']My thoughts exactly[/QUOTE]
I left it ambiguous in OP b/c I haven't seen any chatter outside of this thread about it.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Bejeweled 2 is fun, as always, but way behind newer, cheaper versions on PC and smartphones. And the achievements are a huge pain.[/QUOTE]

The game is fun. But the soundtrack... man, does that need updating.
Every time I play, I suddenly have the overwhelming urge to watch Highlander 2 or Masters of the Universe.

Still debating on Astropop and Feeding Frenzy 2. I liked the first feeding frenzy but the gameplay got real stale later on and the 2nd is probably more of the same.
Astropop seems like it gets difficult later on and I don't feel like getting pissed off.
I'll probably hold off til sunday for purchasing either.

Waiting on 200 points to buy a game is simply stupid, in my opinion. Gatling Gears and Heavy Weapon is great, one for 400 and one for 800 is a steal in my opinion for what you are getting. If you want to wait possibly months to save $2.50 then by all means, go ahead.

[quote name='Jabrim']If you want to wait possibly months to save $2.50 then by all means, go ahead.[/QUOTE]

Will do. Why wait for a sale at all when the price differences are max ~$10 off? It's all small change discounts but we want them all the same.

I don't buy $2+ iPhone games for the same reason.

Wonder if Torchlight will go on sale any time soon. I very much want the game and I do realize it is worth the $15 but something inside me just screams that I need a deal on it. Maybe it's the lack of multiplayer. :whistle2:k

[quote name='jinxpalm']Wonder if Torchlight will go on sale any time soon. I very much want the game and I do realize it is worth the $15 but something inside me just screams that I need a deal on it. Maybe it's the lack of multiplayer. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on that. Hard for me to shell out 15 bucks for an XBLA title, even if it is well worth the cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back