XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Anyone think the Mass Effect 2 DLC will go on sale before Mass Effect 3 comes out. Has it ever been on sale?[/QUOTE]
Every piece of DLC was on sale in December (minus The Arrival for obvious reason) for 200 points. So it's possible, though don't know if it'll ever get that cheap again though.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']I'm with you on that. Hard for me to shell out 15 bucks for an XBLA title, even if it is well worth the cash.[/QUOTE]

That's how I'm feeling about Trenched too. The demo blew me away but I'm still going to wait for a sale on it.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Anyone think the Mass Effect 2 DLC will go on sale before Mass Effect 3 comes out. Has it ever been on sale?[/QUOTE]

It has been on sale at least once. All but the most recent DLC was on sale in December for I believe 200 points each. There is a poll on the dashboard for the next Member's Choice deal and ME2's DLC is winning the vote at my last check in.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']I'm with you on that. Hard for me to shell out 15 bucks for an XBLA title, even if it is well worth the cash.[/QUOTE]

I'm the same way... If I don't buy it at launch, then I usually wait for a sale. I do make exceptions though.

Anyone have any sale predictions on Guwange? It seems to be right at the ripe age for a discount, but I feel this title may be too niche for a DotW sale... My gut is telling me that it might never go on sale. Let me know what you guys think.

Also missed out on an (much) earlier Ikaruga deal and I would love to add this one to the collection for half off.

I got Trenched(normal price), Zuma(on sale), Plants Vs. Zombies(on sale), Star Raiders (CRAP!), and The HaloL Reach Defiant map-pack (normal price).

[quote name='sp8001']I'm the same way... If I don't buy it at launch, then I usually wait for a sale. I do make exceptions though.

Anyone have any sale predictions on Guwange? It seems to be right at the ripe age for a discount, but I feel this title may be too niche for a DotW sale... My gut is telling me that it might never go on sale. Let me know what you guys think.

Also missed out on an (much) earlier Ikaruga deal and I would love to add this one to the collection for half off.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will go on sale but cave is pretty "buddy, buddy" with Microsoft at the moment.

On main topic
- I bought sonic adventure dlc while it was on sale. Yet I didn't know I had to collect emblems before I could play metal sonic :cry:

[quote name='sp8001']I'm the same way... If I don't buy it at launch, then I usually wait for a sale. I do make exceptions though.

Also missed out on an (much) earlier Ikaruga deal and I would love to add this one to the collection for half off.[/QUOTE]

Ikaruga and R-type are the only two shmups I recall having ever gone on sale, but they're also the two most well known shmups on XBLA. You're right in that Guwange is extremely niche will little mass appeal to justify a sale. There's still people waiting for a sale on Triggerheart years after its release. I'd say go with your gut feeling on this one.

Anyone that's really into shmups is use to having to buy import discs for $30-80 a piece. By comparison $10 is already a pretty good deal.

[quote name='Stephan123']In the UK/US you can vote for your deal of the week in July

Mass Effect 2 DLC
Left 4 Dead 2 DLC
Assassins Creed 2 DLC
And something else ;)[/QUOTE]

The last one is battlefield bad company. Mass effect 2 dlc is winning by leagues. I wanted AC 2 dlc since i've been waiting on a sale for that for an eternity so i can play brotherhood. :drool:

oh well.

[quote name='Stephan123']In the UK/US you can vote for your deal of the week in July

Mass Effect 2 DLC
Left 4 Dead 2 DLC
Assassins Creed 2 DLC
And something else ;)[/QUOTE]

I have still yet to see on the dash or a website where you can vote. Where do you vote at?

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Will do. Why wait for a sale at all when the price differences are max ~$10 off? It's all small change discounts but we want them all the same.

I don't buy $2+ iPhone games for the same reason.[/QUOTE]

I agree on saving everything you can, especially in the economy being in the way it is now. But, if there is a game I know I will enjoy and have a lot of fun with, if I have to pay a few more dollars to get it right away I usually will. I did this with L.A. Noire just because I was so excited about the game and wanted to play it as soon as I could.

[quote name='anthonyn']The last one is battlefield bad company. Mass effect 2 dlc is winning by leagues. I wanted AC 2 dlc since i've been waiting on a sale for that for an eternity so i can play brotherhood. :drool:

oh well.[/QUOTE]
If I remember correctly, the dlc for AC2 wasn't that great. I payed full price for both, but I don't even remember what happened. Why not just start on Brotherhood?

I wonder if L4D2 is worth voting for since the first one did get a GOTY edition. I'd rather have the Mass Effect 2 DLC on sale personally.

If there is a GOTY coming, im surprised it hasnt been announced by now. Either way, i wouldnt mind if L4D2 or ME2 won, still havent gotten the newest ME2 stuff.

bejeweled is just straight up match three.

Bejeweled blitz has twist (think hexic) and match 3, done is 1 min spurts, so you match as much in 1 min as possible.

both are fun games, but get blitz now and wait for bejeweled 3. coming soon to xbla

EDIT: Also did anyone play Gatling Gears, my cohost and I loved the trial but not 1200 points love it, so we picked up at 800 and we are floored by the customization! Def give it a chance.

[quote name='therocky2']Can anyone give me impressions of bejeweled vs bejeweled blitz?[/QUOTE]

Blitz is played in one minute sessions. It's frantic and fun but not everyone will enjoy the pace. Blitz also has some pretty good multiplayer modes: Party, in which a bunch of people basically play separately but they are rated at the end, and Battle, a two-player battle that displays both player's fields simultaneously. Oh yeah, and it has Bejeweled Twist (still in one minute sessions), which is not much fun at all IMO.

Both games are good in their own ways. As a single-player experience, I think Bejeweled 2 would be more rewarding. But Blitz is social and you can play it in short spurts, so it's worth owning if you play games online.

Bought Heavy Weapon and Gatling Gears earlier with the points i'd been saving for CoD map pack tuesday lol. Both are fun games, played more HW so far as online is crazy fun and very alive which I was happy to see.

[quote name='$hady']Bought Heavy Weapon and Gatling Gears earlier with the points i'd been saving for CoD map pack tuesday lol. Both are fun games, played more HW so far as online is crazy fun and very alive which I was happy to see.[/QUOTE]

Heavy weapon is worth every penny.

Picked up feeding frenzy 2 this morning. The only ones I don't own are bejeweled 2 which I'm not going to get and Astropop which I'm debating on. Might pick up Astropop at last minute.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Picked up Trench and had a BLAST with it played the Gatling Gears demo and liked it but was like neeeeh for 1200, but for 800. Hmmmm. :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
I agree, trenched is a fucking blast!!!! I highly recommend it!

[quote name='therocky2']Can anyone give me impressions of bejeweled vs bejeweled blitz?[/QUOTE]

Bejeweled is basically like every bejeweled released and bejeweled blitz is basically a 60 second time attack mode found in the standard bejeweleds. In other words, get the regular bejeweled.

[quote name='Curleh Mustache']Bejeweled is basically like every bejeweled released and bejeweled blitz is basically a 30 second time attack mode found in the standard bejeweleds. In other words, get the regular bejeweled.[/QUOTE]

Or if you like rpgs get Puzzle Quest instead. It's Bejeweled with giant rats and such.

Does anyone have confirmation on whether Gatling Gears is a temporary sale or permanent price drop? I'm currently 200 Microsoft Points short of the 800 Microsoft Points price, but the reviews look mostly positive for it.

I just want to know if I need more Microsoft Points before the update on Tuesday. Thanks in advance. :)

[quote name='fei33']Does anyone have confirmation on whether Gatling Gears is a temporary sale or permanent price drop? I'm currently 200 Microsoft Points short of the 800 Microsoft Points price, but the reviews look mostly positive for it.

I just want to know if I need more Microsoft Points before the update on Tuesday. Thanks in advance. :)[/QUOTE]
temporary sale.

I played the demo, it's really fun and looks worth 800msp, but I think I'll wait and grab it cheaper at a later date.

What harry hood said. It's not stated either way anywhere but I'd say there's a 90% chance this is a temporary sale. If you feel it's worth the 800 points go for it. Otherwise personally I'd recommend sitting this one out until it hits the eventual 400-600 points.

Also I checked out that website that is supposed to show all past discount history but I already know it's inaccurate because I looked at Virtual-On and it shows only the most recent sale when I know for a fact it was a DotW discount for 800 points a couple years ago. I was poking around to see if any of the ancient stuff I want has ever been on sale but after seeing that I can't be sure now.

[quote name='Jhuntley']If I remember correctly, the dlc for AC2 wasn't that great. I payed full price for both, but I don't even remember what happened. Why not just start on Brotherhood?[/QUOTE]

That's what I've heard but I'm a petty completionest. :cold:
But my friend might be lending me brotherhood soon so if he does I'll start it. but i still want the ac2 dlc....eventually.

Question, if I buy PvZ online rather than on my console, I will be able to download it in 2 months since it's attached to my gamer tag right? I left my console in storage on campus so I won't be able to use it until September.

[quote name='gotdott']Question, if I buy PvZ online rather than on my console, I will be able to download it in 2 months since it's attached to my gamer tag right? I left my console in storage on campus so I won't be able to use it until September.[/QUOTE]

Yep. The only issue I could see if you sign in on someone else's console first and download the game, I think it would give their console the console license.

[quote name='wakawakawa']Yep. The only issue I could see if you sign in on someone else's console first and download the game, I think it would give their console the console license.[/QUOTE]

Only if your profile stays on said friend's console if you take off your profile from their console once you downloaded it, they get the trial version. Once you buy it, it's yours to keep, but why not buy the retail version that comes with the other 2 games?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Only if your profile stays on said friend's console if you take off your profile from their console once you downloaded it, they get the trial version. Once you buy it, it's yours to keep, but why not buy the retail version that comes with the other 2 games?[/QUOTE]
not true, if he downloads it on another console the license is tied to that console and can be played by any gamertag, if he wants to then play it on his console he needs to be signed in to xbox live and both consoles can run it at the same time

[quote name='ivegotalobon']not true, if he downloads it on another console the license is tied to that console and can be played by any gamertag, if he wants to then play it on his console he needs to be signed in to xbox live and both consoles can run it at the same time[/QUOTE]

is that only for games that you just downloaded? 2 days ago I recovered my gt on a friend's xbox and downloaded marvel vs capcom 2 and played it since i owned it then when i left i delted my gt off his xbox and he tried to play the game but it was the trial.

If you buy Peggle, you might as well get Peggle Nights as well! Astropop starts off fun, but it gets hard as hell after 20 levels or so.

I picked up Bejeweled Blitz and skipped Heavy Weapon. I already have PvZ on disc, but still wondering if I should just buy it online so I can boot it up from the HDD.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Only if your profile stays on said friend's console if you take off your profile from their console once you downloaded it, they get the trial version. Once you buy it, it's yours to keep, but why not buy the retail version that comes with the other 2 games?[/QUOTE]

The sale prices for the 3 games combined are currently cheaper than the retail disc. You don't get a case and disc, but you also don't have to listen to the jetliner taking off sound of the disc spinning in the drive. :lol:

[quote name='vamn']The sale prices for the 3 games combined are currently cheaper than the retail disc. You don't get a case and disc, but you also don't have to listen to the jetliner taking off sound of the disc spinning in the drive. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I don't just fly Air Xbox. They say these new models are safer but I've been in 3 crashes before. Too bad my PS3 superjet started to make a lot of noise. I fear the next time I fly with them I may end up seeing yellow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back