XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='D0RC']Connect 4 or Connect 4x4? Which one is better?[/QUOTE]

Try the demo for each. You should get some idea which one is more your style.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Torchlight for $10 a good deal or should I wait for $7.50?[/QUOTE]

Well if you buy the 4000 point card for $40 its comes out to 8 for Torchlight. Very worth it I believe. I would wait but Ive waited long enough for this deal. Paid 5 for PC version and 8 for XBLA, I think thats a good deal.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Is Torchlight for $10 a good deal or should I wait for $7.50?[/QUOTE]Honestly, I think $15 is a pretty good deal if you like that sort of game. I am going to pick it up @ 800 points. My friend played the PC version for something like 40 hours.

I finally talked to a buddy who owns the Backbreaker: Vengeance iPhone version. The iPhone version is missing the Euphoria physics engine, which means all the animations are canned and prescripted instead of being calcualated on the fly in real time like they are in the XBLA game.

Seems kind of dumb since the entire point of Backbreaker: Vengeance is the game's physics-based obstacle course hilarity. I guess that's why the iPhone version is only $1.

i love how in the spotlight you see microsoft trying ot push torchlight so badly before it goes on sale. Now that's what i call money hungry. BTW spend $20-$30 and get only $2.50 back is one lame ass reward.

[quote name='Bradisback']Xbox rewards for July.

Buy two 800msp games or above and get 200msp.[/QUOTE]

Not bad! Wish Fruit Ninja Kinect was coming out in July instead of August.

[quote name='Bradisback']Xbox rewards for july.

Buy two 800msp games or above and get 200msp.[/QUOTE]

Nice. If I like the demo for HMH, i'll buy it along with Torchlight to qualify for the reward.

[quote name='Curleh Mustache']Um.. It's already tomorrow and TMNT RS is still on the store.[/QUOTE]
Don't you mean it's already TODAY?!

I bit on Zeno Clash, and will be getting Stacking as well. I haven't felt the need to buy a brand new Arcade title since Shadow Complex, but Half Minute Hero changed that for me!

These deals make me spend so much more money than I usually would. Ugh. I love it.

Hmm, so get 2 games $10 or more, get 200 MSP back. Glad I waited on Half-Minute Hero (entered a contest that ends later today. If I don't win, I'm buying), plus I'll be getting Ms. Splosion Man, so I know I'm gonna be able to get the 200 MSP.

I just hope we get more of these non "first time" ways of earning points.

[quote name='crunchewy']Doh... never mind. Must be 800 points or above. Then again... does Torchlight qualify while it is on sale? I.e. do the deals combine?[/QUOTE]
Interested to know this as well. Torchlight would definitely be one of my 800-point titles.

[quote name='crunchewy']Doh... never mind. Must be 800 points or above. Then again... does Torchlight qualify while it is on sale? I.e. do the deals combine?[/QUOTE]

It's an 800+ point game before and after the sale so there is no reason why it shouldn't count.

I'm probably in for Torchlight, then, and maybe half minute hero, though I haven't actually tried either yet. Will download the demos.

Has anybody else been having problems on xbox.com? Every time I try to queue something up, or nearly every time, it just dumps me back to the home page with nothing actually put into my queue. Then I try to do it again and I just get a Session Expired message. Repeat. Every once in a while it works, but that's maybe 10% of the time. It use to work OK.

[quote name='Dr Akula']I'm bummed Scrabble is not on sale. I told my friend the day before the sale started to pick it up at half price and then I found out, for some reason, it's not included in the sale. Joystiq is reporting that it's on sale, but it is still listed as 800. Maybe there's a chance it will go on sale July 4th? http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/01/ea-celebrates-independence-day-with-a-massive-sale/[/QUOTE]

I'm equally as bummed that Sorry! is left off the list.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']i love how in the spotlight you see microsoft trying ot push torchlight so badly before it goes on sale. Now that's what i call money hungry. BTW spend $20-$30 and get only $2.50 back is one lame ass reward.[/QUOTE]

better than nothing. especially if Torchlight and another game on sale in July for 800msp would count towards it.

Torchlight is going on sale so that's 1 game, another game could easily be a game many of us have been waiting to go on sale like Triggerheart Exelica or whatever else. Not the best of deals, but hey that's 200 msp better than nothing. You can still do the monthly survey's too and get 20 msp for that as well. People will always find something to complain about though, this is cag afterall.

Torchlight is absolutely worth it, I got it when it first came out and I think it is still worth 1200 points. I am looking forward to picking up Stacking when it goes on sale.

I was considering picking up Torchlight and Gatling Gear. but was not happy about the 800 msp price tag for each. With this rebate they come up to 700 msp each. I may be able to live with that.

Tim Schafer just tweeted this:

I heard a rumor that Costume Quest miiiiight be going on sale soon. So you miiiiiiight want to start getting excited.

He didn't specify platform, but if you were thinking of buying it you should probably hold off.

For the people complaining about the 200 point rebate, think about this; A couple months ago there was a 5% rebate on everything you bought and people really liked that idea.

This new promotion is equal to 12.5% back if you buy two 800 point games. A lot of us are really cheap and don't buy 800 point games, but for those who do it is a better deal than the 5% refund for those two purchases.

[quote name='JadeNic']Sorry! and Scrabble are both listed for 400 points now.[/QUOTE]

Added them to the OP. Also, for some reason Sorry! Sliders wasn't appearing, but I tracked it down and added it too.

[quote name='louiedog']Tim Schafer just tweeted this:

He didn't specify platform, but if you were thinking of buying it you should probably hold off.[/QUOTE]

It was just on sale on XBLA though. I hope the DLC goes on sale.

I gave Contra another shot. I think they updated the demo to give you more Rising mode features, but, darn it, I had fun. I went ahead and bought it.

Just... guys, don't tell anyone else I had fun with a game, okay?

Also, are the DLC characters worth the cash?

Actually, I was wondering if Hard Corps: Uprising was worth it. I don't have a lot of points to spend right now, but that game seemed interesting to me (I loved the old NES Contra games). But I've heart it was ridiculously hard and filled with cheap kills. Can anyone offer suggestions either way?

Thanks!

-B

[quote name='louiedog']Tim Schafer just tweeted this:

He didn't specify platform, but if you were thinking of buying it you should probably hold off.[/QUOTE]

Already have Costume Quest, but if true, I hope for the DLC to go on sale as well since I need that yet.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I gave Contra another shot. I think they updated the demo to give you more Rising mode features, but, darn it, I had fun. I went ahead and bought it.

Also, are the DLC characters worth the cash?[/QUOTE]

Don't worry no one will remember tomorrow anyway.

Also I've played the first 2 DLC characters and they are pretty cool. I'm a big fan of the girl with the sword-sorry I forget the names I played them at my brother's place on launch week.

The new character is supposed to be powerful but has very low life. I'll find out next time I go to my brother's place as he bought that one too.

[quote name='Abbadon74']Actually, I was wondering if Hard Corps: Uprising was worth it. I don't have a lot of points to spend right now, but that game seemed interesting to me (I loved the old NES Contra games). But I've heart it was ridiculously hard and filled with cheap kills. Can anyone offer suggestions either way?

Thanks!

-B[/QUOTE]

I bought it and I would definitely say it's worth the 600 points. You heard right on the cheap kills aspect though, some of the later levels are controller throwers.

[quote name='RollingSkull']I gave Contra another shot. I think they updated the demo to give you more Rising mode features, but, darn it, I had fun. I went ahead and bought it.

Also, are the DLC characters worth the cash?[/QUOTE]

You mean it's not

:hot: GARBAGE? :hot:
GARBAGE?
GARBAGE?
GARBAGE?
GARBAGE?
GARBAGE?
GARBAGE?

Anyway, Sayuri, the female samurai is like playing a character from Strider. She is awesome in co-op games but on her own has some trouble getting within a safe range to attack a few bosses. Still, she is a good purchase for someone who wants gameplay variety as she's the most different of the bunch.

Harley is actually the best character for Arcade Mode as he has the most life of everybody. He also costs a little less to max out in Rising Mode.

Don't know much about Leviathan.

DLC characters don't count towards the Achievement for buying everything in Rising Mode - only Bahamut and Krystal do, which is lame. So they may not be a good purchase, depending on whether you want that Achievement or don't mind grinding a lot.

Regarding difficulty, Hard Corps Uprising is perfectly doable for most gamers in Rising Mode. You just need to build up your character a lot, buying more life units, lives, and eventually weapons and abilities. People who enjoy Castlevania HD will likely enjoy it since it's grind-oriented, but unlike Castlevania, you always make progress from every playthrough in Hard Corps Uprising since the shop currency is simply points.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hrmph.

You know what? Your favorite game? Total garbage.

Your second favorite game? Even worse.

EDIT: Your third favorite game is pretty good though, but needed more work.

Your fourth? Only fun with friends, and everyone knows even a dentists office visit is fun with friends.

Told you we liked the same games ;) Hard Corps is sweet man. It's tough at first, but it really grows on you once you start getting the hang of it.

I'm curious... What do you think of my all time favorite game, Grim Fandango?

[quote name='RollingSkull']Hrmph.

You know what? Your favorite game? Total garbage.

Your second favorite game? Even worse.

EDIT: Your third favorite game is pretty good though, but needed more work.

Your fourth? Only fun with friends, and everyone knows even a dentists office visit is fun with friends.[/QUOTE]

i lol'd.

[quote name='sp8001']Told you we liked the same games ;) Hard Corps is sweet man. It's tough at first, but it really grows on you once you start getting the hang of it.

I'm curious... What do you think of my all time favorite game, Grim Fandango?[/QUOTE]

That's like asking me if I like boobies or bacon.

For the record, I am a big fan of boobies and bacon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back