XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GamerDude316']What do you guys think the odds are of another sale on The Lost and Damned anytime soon for GTA IV? I just switched 360's and apparently the license for it didnt transfer over (and it doesnt show up in my purchase history) so I need to get it again and bummed I missed the 1/2 off sale. You think it'll drop again soon or am I tough out of luck?[/QUOTE]
Go here and transfer your licenses

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

Did you download it on a different console than the one you're transferring from? I went to transfer licenses awhile back and found that even though MS said they transferred my licenses on a broken console when they sent me a new replacement, they hadn't. In fact I had to transfer licenses from three different consoles at the time.

All of those except Megaman 9 have been on sale before so by proxy that is the one you should get.

Seriously, Megaman 10's been on sale like thrice now yet Megaman 9 never has, it's really weird.

Does the Marvel Pinball count as a 800 game towards the 200?

Might just wait. Anything I wanna buy for 800 could go on sale soon/later for 400.

[quote name='donburns99']Deciding on a 2nd game for the Rewards promotion. Right now I'm considering:

1. Blade Kitten
  2. Catan
  3. Crystal Defenders
  4. Mega Man 9
  5. Puzzle Quest 2
  6. Switchball
I'd imagine Blade Kitten and Puzzle Quest 2 have the best chance to go on sale in the future. The rest will probably never go on sale.

Any opinions? Or any reasons to avoid any of the above choices?[/QUOTE]

Catan can be had on eBay for a couple bucks usually. I snagged it with Pac-man CE and Poker Smash for $8 a few months ago.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Did you download it on a different console than the one you're transferring from? I went to transfer licenses awhile back and found that even though MS said they transferred my licenses on a broken console when they sent me a new replacement, they hadn't. In fact I had to transfer licenses from three different consoles at the time.[/QUOTE]

Nope it was the same console. It may have been a different profile though because I noticed when I was backing files up to my USB that some of my TLAD files were under a different profile, and so I wonder if the initial download might have been on it too by mistake. It was a couple years ago so I dont remember the exact details of it. Not a huge deal though as I barely played it, I'll probably just get it next time I get a 1600 MSP card

[quote name='Exu']All of those except Megaman 9 have been on sale before so by proxy that is the one you should get.

Seriously, Megaman 10's been on sale like thrice now yet Megaman 9 never has, it's really weird.[/QUOTE]Crystal Defenders and Switchball have also never been on sale (according to XBLDB). I agree though, I've been patiently waiting for 9 to go on sale, but it keeps getting passed over.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Catan can be had on eBay for a couple bucks usually. I snagged it with Pac-man CE and Poker Smash for $8 a few months ago.[/QUOTE]This would be a great alternative, but how do you search for it on eBay? I didn't know there were codes/game cards for Catan and nothing comes up if I add "XBLA" to the search.

[quote name='reddjoey']I didn't really enjoy Blade Kitten....[/QUOTE]Any specific reason why? I played 5-10 minutes of the demo and it seemed decent. I liked the exploration and wall climbing of it.

[quote name='Exu']Pinball FX2 tables and Hasbro Family Game Night games do not count because they're classed as add-ons.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I thought I read a post about it awhile back asking it too.

[quote name='reddjoey']I didn't really enjoy Blade Kitten....[/QUOTE]Is it just more of the same? I tried the demo & thought it was "meh", especially for something that was originally $15.

Yeah, I don't get why MM9 hasn't been on sale, yet MM10 was on sale twice. I'm still waiting for Capcom to put Puzzle Fighter on sale.

[quote name='donburns99']Crystal Defenders and Switchball have also never been on sale (according to XBLDB). I agree though, I've been patiently waiting for 9 to go on sale, but it keeps getting passed over.[/QUOTE]

Crystal Defenders did go on sale for 400 points once. I bought it then. Very plain tower defense game, but not bad if you love the genre and Final Fantasy.

[quote name='Exu']Pinball FX2 tables and Hasbro Family Game Night games do not count because they're classed as add-ons.[/QUOTE]

So the Pinball FX2 "core" tables are considered add-ons? I sure hope not, I would love to get the rebate. Does anyone know of a source specifically stating that they would not be included in the promotion for July?

[quote name='donburns99']This would be a great alternative, but how do you search for it on eBay? I didn't know there were codes/game cards for Catan and nothing comes up if I add "XBLA" to the search.[/QUOTE]

Best thing to do is just search Xbox Catan and you should see some codes. There are only a few games that came pre-printed on cards so you could just search Xbox code and you might find some more.

Catan & Poker Smash - 2 XBOX 360 Live Arcade Games 5.99
is what its labeled I bought it from goodymaniac who still sells them. If you really didn't want poker smash maybe he'd sell catan for cheaper. The guy got back to me in a few hours on a question I had about them and was quick on sending the codes.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']Catan & Poker Smash - 2 XBOX 360 Live Arcade Games 5.99
is what its labeled I bought it from goodymaniac who still sells them. If you really didn't want poker smash maybe he'd sell catan for cheaper. The guy got back to me in a few hours on a question I had about them and was quick on sending the codes.[/QUOTE]

Remember he does have that listed as OBO. If he's the same one I bought from I would offer him $2-3 and see if he bites. He might conteroffer for like $3-4. Either way I'd wager you can snag them even cheaper than he has posted. ;)

Any thoughts on the Halo Reach DLC maps for 400 pts each? I would be purchasing mainly for team slayer.
Did they ever address the dlc maps not showing up in team slayer b/c someone doesn't have them or are your still basically forced to only play them in the "premium" playlist?

[quote name='0dantheman0']Any thoughts on the Halo Reach DLC maps for 400 pts each? I would be purchasing mainly for team slayer.
Did they ever address the dlc maps not showing up in team slayer b/c someone doesn't have them or are your still basically forced to only play them in the "premium" playlist?[/QUOTE]

They very rarely show up on the basic playlist matchmaking, so if you want to play them you have to do the "DLC matchmaking". I like the DLC maps. They provide good variety after you played the basic maps dozens of times.

[quote name='0dantheman0']Any thoughts on the Halo Reach DLC maps for 400 pts each?[/QUOTE]$5 for each map pack is definitely worth it since a lot of people still play. They should have been $5 each to begin with anyway.

[quote name='JDMoney']So the Pinball FX2 "core" tables are considered add-ons? I sure hope not, I would love to get the rebate. Does anyone know of a source specifically stating that they would not be included in the promotion for July?[/QUOTE]

No source handy, but I can concur that they're classified as an add-on as well. The reason is, Pinball FX 1 is delisted. If you were able to buy them as the original game, it would be different, but as is, they're only DLC for part 2.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Do anyone know if I use a 1-month code, it is considered GOLD and I can partake in the savings?[/QUOTE]

Yes, 1-month and longer codes make you officially a Gold subscriber.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Do anyone know if I use a 1-month code, it is considered GOLD and I can partake in the savings?[/QUOTE]

Anything 1 month+ makes you a Gold member that can enjoy sales.

As for the Reach mappacks, they're definitely worth $5 each (which I agree should have been the price anyway). 6 maps for $10 is a solid price, even with the billions of custom maps people make. Besides, with Halo: CE Anniversary using the Reach multiplayer engine and pulling an ODST with 7 exclusive multiplayer Reach maps, (they're remakes of Halo: CE maps) Reach is going to keep being played for the forseeable future until Halo 4 comes out. Also, Halo: CE Anniversary will NOT come with the map packs on disc. Also, do you really see Microsoft doing a price drop on these map packs ever? *cough* Halo 3's Mythic 2 (formerly ODST exclusive) map pack is STILL $10 when not on sale, even when ODST sells for $15 used. *cough*

I would recommend holding off until tomorrow for purchase though to see if there'll be some Xbox Live Rewards August promo that can be bundled with this sale. At least that's what I'm doing.

Also, Fable 2 Pub Games isn't that bad only because if you don't patch it, there's a glitch for the easiest earned gold in the entire game. Otherwise, just buy the DLCs if you wanna score that Completionist achievement, everything but Fortune's Tower is a major pain in the ass.

[quote name='mrosnwo']No source handy, but I can concur that they're classified as an add-on as well. The reason is, Pinball FX 1 is delisted. If you were able to buy them as the original game, it would be different, but as is, they're only DLC for part 2.[/QUOTE]

Oh hell, that's what I picked as my second 800 point game after Torchlight.

Regardless, I'll enjoy it more than any of the other 800 point games I was thinking about.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Oh hell, that's what I picked as my second 800 point game after Torchlight.

Regardless, I'll enjoy it more than any of the other 800 point games I was thinking about.[/QUOTE]

Still pissed I missed out on Torchlight being on sale, since I don't expect a price-drop for another century. Can't think of any other XBLA title this month that was discounted to 800, done on purpose, I bet.

Thanks guys/gals! When does the ME2 DLC sale expire? Usually a DotW last a week, but starts on Monday... However it seems ME2 DLC sale started mid-week.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Thanks guys/gals! When does the ME2 DLC sale expire? Usually a DotW last a week, but starts on Monday... However it seems ME2 DLC sale started mid-week.[/QUOTE]

DotW starts on Tuesdays ends on Mondays now.

[quote name='gamingdroid']Thanks guys/gals! When does the ME2 DLC sale expire? Usually a DotW last a week, but starts on Monday... However it seems ME2 DLC sale started mid-week.[/QUOTE]

I'm under the impression the ME2 sale started Tuesday on schedule. (I only know because I was obsessively checking this week for a discounted Arcade title) So, tomorrow should be the last day, like with the Microsoft Studios sale.

A bit last minute, but on the fence with the buy two 800 point game special. Looking at maybe Strania and King of Fighters Sky Stage. Partially on the fence as that'll wipe me of most of my points. Or possibly even 1942: Joint Strike instead of one of the other two.

[quote name='eastx']Crystal Defenders did go on sale for 400 points once. I bought it then. Very plain tower defense game, but not bad if you love the genre and Final Fantasy.[/QUOTE]

Eastx is correct. xbldb is accurate from 10-25-2010 on but I have manually added all of the dotw sales that I know about. I have yet to add special sales. If anybody notices an error please let me know about it and I will fix it as soon as possible.

As far as the 800 point game I went with Pinball fx. If you stI'll have a copy of part 1 the xbox market place allows you to purchase it even thou it is deslisted. This also gets you the classic tables in part 2. The dlc is gone for part one thou.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally ended up buying Outland @ 800 to match with Torchlight and get the 200 rebate, but I only bought it about 10 PM (Eastern) tonight. I hope that doesn't cause a problem. I played Bastion and some other demos, but Outland seemed more fun. I've already played through the first boss. Great game so far!

[quote name='crunchewy']I finally ended up buying Outland @ 800 to match with Torchlight and get the 200 rebate, but I only bought it about 10 PM (Eastern) tonight. I hope that doesn't cause a problem. I played Bastion and some other demos, but Outland seemed more fun. I've already played through the first boss. Great game so far![/QUOTE]

Yikes. I hope you get lucky. I bought stuff early on the last day in March for the 5% back and when I checked my purchases they registered as April. I suggest you check on the xbox website to see if your purchase was in August.

[quote name='JDMoney']So the Pinball FX2 "core" tables are considered add-ons? I sure hope not, I would love to get the rebate. Does anyone know of a source specifically stating that they would not be included in the promotion for July?[/QUOTE]

I'm still hoping that some of the fx2 table packs go on sale sometime soon. I keep resisting picking them up, but I don't know how much longer I can wait as I have all but one of the single tables.

[quote name='crunchewy']I finally ended up buying Outland @ 800 to match with Torchlight and get the 200 rebate, but I only bought it about 10 PM (Eastern) tonight. I hope that doesn't cause a problem. I played Bastion and some other demos, but Outland seemed more fun. I've already played through the first boss. Great game so far![/QUOTE]

Nice choice! I have been enjoying Outland. I still need to get around to finishing it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Yikes. I hope you get lucky. I bought stuff early on the last day in March for the 5% back and when I checked my purchases they registered as April. I suggest you check on the xbox website to see if your purchase was in August.[/QUOTE]

I bought Ms. Splosion Man tonight at around the same time as crunc is to qualify for the rebate, along with my MLB Bobblehead purchase earlier in July. My purchase history on xbox.com clearly states I bought it on 7/31/11. I have faith that the points will show up in the next few days.

I caught a quick look at the rewards site and it looks like there is a "spend 1600 get 160 back" for August. I'm not sure of the exact details though.

[quote name='sp8001']I caught a quick look at the rewards site and it looks like there is a "spend 1600 get 160 back" for August. I'm not sure of the exact details though.[/QUOTE]
Well i got Arrival in the short window it was mis-priced on the off chance it wouldnt be in the ME2 sale & because of that fucker Major Nelson, i got the kinect sports dlc when he said the sale was only on for 1 day

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Hmmm, might be time to finally grab that blasted Puzzle Quest expansion...[/QUOTE]

Good idea!

[quote name='eastx']Good idea![/QUOTE]

Of course if we buy it, we've pretty much guaranteed that it'll finally drop the very next day to 80 points after all these years...

Argh, wish I had waited on that MS DLC, as I bought 840 points worth of stuff, so I would have been over halfway there. Forgot about the 200 points back for a 2nd arcade game (bought Torchlight earlier), but there wasn't anything I desperately wanted anyway, so whatever.

$20 worth for $2? I don't know, I don't think I'll be able to spend that much, especially since there's not many games coming out this month, & even then, I don't think they're gonna have DLC. Might sit out on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back