XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still confused as to what exactly the Family Gold Pack Deal is, but regardless, I went ahead and picked up the Fancy Pants Adventure. For $5, looks like a lot of fun!

It is not up yet (I thought it was supposed to be today) but the Brink DLC "Agents of Change" should be available sometime. It is free the first 2 weeks so you might as well purchase it in case you ever get the game or rent it. IF the DLC changes the AI I might be willing to try it again but the name of the this DLC could not be any more ironic because this game definitely needed some Changes. Post if you happen to find it on the Marketplace before I see it.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is not up yet (I thought it was supposed to be today) but the Brink DLC "Agents of Change" should be available sometime. It is free the first 2 weeks so you might as well purchase it in case you ever get the game or rent it. IF the DLC changes the AI I might be willing to try it again but the name of the this DLC could not be any more ironic because this game definitely needed some Changes. Post if you happen to find it on the Marketplace before I see it.[/QUOTE]

Actually, they did release a patch to improve the bots AI last week. They're not geniuses by any stretch of the imagination. But they are a lot better than they were. They don't abandon people fighting/carrying objectives in order to go take a supply command post anymore. They place mines/turrets in better places (unfortunately engineers STILL don't disarm mines).

It is supposed to come out today, I think they usually start appearing on Live @2-3PM EST

[quote name='glennfrank']Actually, they did release a patch to improve the bots AI last week. They're not geniuses by any stretch of the imagination. But they are a lot better than they were. They don't abandon people fighting/carrying objectives in order to go take a supply command post anymore. They place mines/turrets in better places (unfortunately engineers STILL don't disarm mines).

It is supposed to come out today, I think they usually start appearing on Live @2-3PM EST[/QUOTE]

Well if the AI is even a little bit better it could really help the game. I liked the art style and some of the perks were cool but I would get so frustrated at times it just did not make it worth it. After the update I might try another rental at Redbox and if I like what I see maybe pick up a cheap copy sometime.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well if the AI is even a little bit better it could really help the game.[/QUOTE]

Definitely better. I even had a team full of bots actually complete all mission objectives without the old stupidity (running around all over the place when they're carrying the datakey/fuel etc) on me while I was going for some other achievements. I was surprised at their efficiency.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is not up yet (I thought it was supposed to be today) but the Brink DLC "Agents of Change" should be available sometime. It is free the first 2 weeks so you might as well purchase it in case you ever get the game or rent it. IF the DLC changes the AI I might be willing to try it again but the name of the this DLC could not be any more ironic because this game definitely needed some Changes. Post if you happen to find it on the Marketplace before I see it.[/QUOTE]

The DLC is available through the Dashboard...just look under add-ons. Still not showing up on the website.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well this is not a "deal" per se unless you own a Prestige/Hardened Edition of BLOPs. The last DLC for the game is an ALL ZOMBIES map pack. It contains 4 remastered WaW zombie maps + a new MOON map. It will be $15 but the Prestige/Hardened buyers will get the new map for Free.

http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/all-zombies-rezurrection-dlc-coming-for-black-ops-and-jimmy-z-talks/[/QUOTE]

It may qualify as a deal if you consider what the codes cost on ebay. People should be aware before they spend $50+ or whatever the going rate is now.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Well this is not a "deal" per se unless you own a Prestige/Hardened Edition of BLOPs. The last DLC for the game is an ALL ZOMBIES map pack. It contains 4 remastered WaW zombie maps + a new MOON map. It will be $15 but the Prestige/Hardened buyers will get the new map for Free.

http://oneofswords.com/2011/08/all-zombies-rezurrection-dlc-coming-for-black-ops-and-jimmy-z-talks/[/QUOTE]

Damn I hate you. I was going to post this, oh well. Should be great for people who plan on trying to get the $2 back in MSP. I'm actually happy Treyarch did this. day 1 for me

[quote name='ooga']Lucky for you then that this week you can change your gametag for the low low price of whatever it is. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Believe me, I'm trying, but someone else has what I want. I'll continue to try until the week is over.

[quote name='Cheapskate']I think they're trying to test what the lowest rebate they can give is and still get a sales spike. Last month it was 200 msp for essentially 1600 in games, now 160 msp for 1600 in add-ons.[/QUOTE]

For me, since I took advantage of the last day of the DLC sales and got the two Halo: Reach map packs and the Community Choice Forza 3 DLC, my purchasing has already spiked for the month. I am just glad the rewards did offer something to go on top of those deals.

However, I am 600MSP short of the goal, and I have the rest of this month to determine how to fill that void. So far, I am leaning towards the Lumines Live booster pack which is exactly 600MSP. I think that and the Tokyo Club Mix was not on the Qubed disc, and I need that verified if it can be played with the disc. (Also, ugh, on the Tokyo Club Mix DLC being 350MSP, means I will have to find another DLC which has a "50" at the end of it to even out the Microsoft Points)

Fruit Ninja Kinect is up and available to download for those who purchased it from the Microsoft Store awhile back. I redeemed my code on xbox.com a few hours ago and am playing it now on my xbox 360. It'll automatically give you 2 gamerpics unlocked after launching the game (and getting to the main menu), it has 6 avatar awards also and the standard 12 achievements.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Fruit Ninja Kinect is up and available to download for those who purchased it from the Microsoft Store awhile back. I redeemed my code on xbox.com a few hours ago and am playing it now on my xbox 360. It'll automatically give you 2 gamerpics unlocked after launching the game (and getting to the main menu), it has 6 avatar awards also and the standard 12 achievements.[/QUOTE]

Nice, but let me know when Toy Soldiers: Cold War can be played.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Fruit Ninja Kinect is up and available to download for those who purchased it from the Microsoft Store awhile back. I redeemed my code on xbox.com a few hours ago and am playing it now on my xbox 360. It'll automatically give you 2 gamerpics unlocked after launching the game (and getting to the main menu), it has 6 avatar awards also and the standard 12 achievements.[/QUOTE]

What do you think of it?

I saw one Mom say that they had something like it at a local arcade and it's a hit with all the tweens. On a preview of Gunstringer on Kotaku (I think), they mentioned if you hear people having fun and laughing it's because we are next to Fruit Ninja Kinect.

Seems like it could be a fun goof around/party game.

Just wondering if the new toy soldiers will be any different from the last one, seems like a DLC to me anyway, very fun game though, but you don't feel like replaying it once you beat the campaign.

[quote name='wakawakawa']What do you think of it?

I saw one Mom say that they had something like it at a local arcade and it's a hit with all the tweens. On a preview of Gunstringer on Kotaku (I think), they mentioned if you hear people having fun and laughing it's because we are next to Fruit Ninja Kinect.

Seems like it could be a fun goof around/party game.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the one at the arcade is pretty cool. Giant touch screen though, not any type of motion sensor...

I love the game on the iPhone, and I'd get it in a heartbeat if I had Kinect.

6 avatar awards, interesting. I like when they add avatar awards to games, feel like a little extra value for the purchase. Especially if they are a prop or something cool beyond a dumb tshirt that has the name of the game on it (that you could hardly read). Costume quest has one of the best awards in my opinion.

Purchase and Earn Buy 1600 Points worth of game add-ons in August and get 160 Points back! Purchase

What stacks with the xbox rewards ^, I wanna purchase ilomilo or maybe some other XBLA game and want to get reward points back.

[quote name='karyadi'] Purchase and Earn Buy 1600 Points worth of game add-ons in August and get 160 Points back! Purchase

What stacks with the xbox rewards ^, I wanna purchase ilomilo or maybe some other XBLA game and want to get reward points back.[/QUOTE]

Arcade games don't count, only game add-ons

[quote name='karyadi'] Purchase and Earn Buy 1600 Points worth of game add-ons in August and get 160 Points back! Purchase

What stacks with the xbox rewards ^, I wanna purchase ilomilo or maybe some other XBLA game and want to get reward points back.[/QUOTE]

it reads add-on content. So from what I would gather just buying ilomilo would not count towards the rebate, but if you bought the add-on/dlc for the game it would count towards the 1600.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']it reads add-on content. So from what I would gather just buying ilomilo would not count towards the rebate, but if you bought the add-on/dlc for the game it would count towards the 1600.[/QUOTE]

I did that though, for Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 2. I did bought the 3 DLC packs for Mass effect 2 980 while they were on sale and I bought the DLC for DA:2 for 800. This is all around the same time frame. I bought them through the Dashboard. I don't know how it works so can someone explain to me?

Fruit Ninja Kinect is fun, but am unsure of the lasting appeal for some people since it has no online multiplayer play. It's got a party mode also for local coop play (up to 4 players), zen mode, arcade and a few other game modes. I'm ranked #1 on the leaderboards :) Overall, for $10 I'd say buy it.

Achievements, Avatar awards, Gamer Pictures, various game modes, easy to navigate menu, fun gameplay and all I'd say it's well worth the money.

Hoping that MS puts up some better deals this week. Maybe some more DLC add ons to go with the August rewards promotion. But knowing how they are, they'll prolly do it the last week of August(i.e. August 30-September 5 :roll:)

[quote name='Dustinator']Hoping that MS puts up some better deals this week. Maybe some more DLC add ons to go with the August rewards promotion. But knowing how they are, they'll prolly do it the last week of August(i.e. August 30-September 5 :roll:)[/QUOTE]

A couple people mentioned that they usually run pretty bad deals during the Summer of Arcade. Next week will probably be a discount an avatar t-shirts and jean shorts.

[quote name='imretarded']A couple people mentioned that they usually run pretty bad deals during the Summer of Arcade. Next week will probably be a discount an avatar t-shirts and jean shorts.[/QUOTE]

Oh you beat me to the punch on that idea. Here, let me float out a couple more ideas:

- two words: zombies week!
- any combination of: Sonic 4 ep.1, Peggle, Risk Factions, Alien Breed ep.1, SF2: Hyper fighting
- rewards: buy 800MSP of themes/gamerpics get 40MSP back
- buy a Jersey Shore avatar part get the 2011 avatar glasses free (a 40MSP value!)

In all seriousness, I do hope there is some deal for an XBLA title, because not all of us own a Kinect sensor. With this week's Summer of Arcade offering of Fruit Ninja Kinect, and the plan for monthly Kinect titles, I feel left out on games I am able to play. Child of Eden alone is not enough to convince me to eat the cost of the peripheral at this time, but with more Kinect XBLA titles coming, there may be new Deals of the Week which primarily focus on those games in the weeks to come.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='vamn']I thought that Jersey Shore avatar stuff was a joke. Then I clicked the link and saw it was real.
And a piece of my soul died.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'm going to be the envy of all my friends when my avatar has The Situation abs and Snooki hair!

Please God, kill me now.

I went to look at the jersey shore outfits to see how stupid they were. I noticed Voltron outfit though when did they get that? I wish World of Keflings would get some DLC because I'd totally buy that outfit and walk around in my friend's game as Voltron.

Just some recommendations if you need to fill out a DLC quota for the month.

Dead Space 2 Severed is basically two standalone chapters of Dead Space 2. Same gameplay, only bite-sized. 560 points last I checked but I could be wrong.

Enslaved - Pigsy's Perfect 10. For 800 points, if you at all liked Enslaved, I highly recommend this. You play as that fat slob Pigsy and, accompanied by his cute robot pal and a banjo twanging soundtrack, he shakes up the Enslaved gameplay with some light stealth, skulduggery, and shooting. It's a wonderful twist to the game and probably could have carried an entire product on its own.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Just some recommendations if you need to fill out a DLC quota for the month.

Dead Space 2 Severed is basically two standalone chapters of Dead Space 2. Same gameplay, only bite-sized. 560 points last I checked but I could be wrong.

Enslaved - Pigsy's Perfect 10. For 800 points, if you at all liked Enslaved, I highly recommend this. You play as that fat slob Pigsy and, accompanied by his cute robot pal and a banjo twanging soundtrack, he shakes up the Enslaved gameplay with some light stealth, skulduggery, and shooting. It's a wonderful twist to the game and probably could have carried an entire product on its own.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reminder about the Enslaved DLC. I heard it was excellent and I haven't gotten to the game yet but I would like to run the DLC with it at the same time so this will be at the top of my list come the end of the month since I doubt it'll go on sale.

Why would they put a arcade title for sale? They have to sell the summer of arcade titles. I hope they do a discount on dlc like Homefront, Worms, or call it a map-pack discount with all map-packs of call of duty discounted for 50%

im hoping (and its most likely a long shot) for some more new vegas dlc too go on sale soon. picked up dead money when it was on sale, and now i want the others

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']im hoping (and its most likely a long shot) for some more new vegas dlc too go on sale soon. picked up dead money when it was on sale, and now i want the others[/QUOTE]

I'm also hoping for this but I'm expecting they will wait until the 4th DLC is released and then put them all half price before Skyrim comes out. Although, Steam did just have a sale with them all 50% off so who knows.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Enslaved - Pigsy's Perfect 10. For 800 points, if you at all liked Enslaved, I highly recommend this. You play as that fat slob Pigsy and, accompanied by his cute robot pal and a banjo twanging soundtrack, he shakes up the Enslaved gameplay with some light stealth, skulduggery, and shooting. It's a wonderful twist to the game and probably could have carried an entire product on its own.[/QUOTE]I've been wanting to get this (plus I should go back & get more achievements in the game), but I've been waiting for a sale for it to be $5. Though glad to hear more praise for the DLC.

Now that I finished DtR Retribution, I'm going back to Enslaved now. I want to get the DLC(chievos are a plus), but the CAG in me refuses to pay 800 points for it. I'd pick it up no hesitation for 400.

Blacklight, blitz and swarm are skips for me if they're the August price drop. Both are still too high for me. Heck, blitz was a rip for me even though I got it for 160 points

Been thinking about this one...with Toy Soldiers Cold War right around the corner don't know if I should wait to see if the DLC for the original drops in price, but either way I want to get it to put towards the XBL rewards. Thoughts? Advice?

So why is everyone jumping on this spend 1600 points on dlc get 160 back? I did last months buy two games over 800 and get 200 back and even with that I felt was a poor deal so how is spending the same amount and getting less back worth it?

[quote name='exileinoblivion']So why is everyone jumping on this spend 1600 points on dlc get 160 back? I did last months buy two games over 800 and get 200 back and even with that I felt was a poor deal so how is spending the same amount and getting less back worth it?[/QUOTE]

Like most people have said, if the content is on sale and you were planning on buying it anyway, why not get something (even if it is a small percentage) back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back