XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Spylon']Those have got to be the price drops for the month of August. Now for Swarm to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

This. It seemed like a $10 game to begin with. Getting pretty sick of games being put on the marketplace for more than they are worth. ITSP being the most recent example-from the demo it really feels like a cool $10 title but $15? Not so much. I will consider picking it up for $5 though when it goes on sale for that which seems quite likely if this is a permanent price drop. Seemed to drop pretty quick so I have my hopes up since I missed my chance to get it free.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']This. It seemed like a $10 game to begin with. Getting pretty sick of games being put on the marketplace for more than they are worth. ITSP being the most recent example-from the demo it really feels like a cool $10 title but $15? Not so much. I will consider picking it up for $5 though when it goes on sale for that which seems quite likely if this is a permanent price drop. Seemed to drop pretty quick so I have my hopes up since I missed my chance to get it free.[/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts.

I just hope the marvel pinball tables go on sale this month!

Since everyone wants to say certain items shouldn't be priced what they are, i'll say the Pinball FX 2 Tables shouldn't cost $2.50-$3 each. Maybe a pack of 5 tables for $10 would be okay (especially with current promotions going on in XBL Rewards), but spending $3 for just 1 table is ridiculous. Lot of these games on xbla don't even have online multiplayer, don't see how $15 for a game like swarm is justified. I'll wait for more price drops..

It's gotten to the point that with the rise in XBLA prices and my massive backlog, I refuse to buy 99% of the games when they come out and just wait for a sale.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Since everyone wants to say certain items shouldn't be priced what they are, i'll say the Pinball FX 2 Tables shouldn't cost $2.50-$3 each. Maybe a pack of 5 tables for $10 would be okay (especially with current promotions going on in XBL Rewards), but spending $3 for just 1 table is ridiculous. Lot of these games on xbla don't even have online multiplayer, don't see how $15 for a game like swarm is justified. I'll wait for more price drops..[/QUOTE]

FX2 tables should totally cost as much as they do. Most pinball fans will agree, $2.50 or $3 to own and play a machine forever isn't bad at all, especially considering how many hours it really takes to truly master even one of them.

Think of how many quarters you've pumped into a pinball machine in your life. I can think of a few that I've blown $50 on at least in my lifetime. Granted an FX2 table isn't exactly like owning an actual pin, but you get the idea.

I am a CAG through and through, but will gladly pay full price for an FX2 table if it interests me. Sorry to jump off topic, but I've got to defend Zen on this one. Nothing quite like supporting an indie developer that's reviving a dying form of gaming, and for a reasonable price!

[quote name='bsmiff']FX2 tables should totally cost as much as they do. Most pinball fans will agree, $2.50 or $3 to own and play a machine forever isn't bad at all, especially considering how many hours it really takes to truly master even one of them.

Think of how many quarters you've pumped into a pinball machine in your life. I can think of a few that I've blown $50 on at least in my lifetime. Granted an FX2 table isn't exactly like owning an actual pin, but you get the idea.

I am a CAG through and through, but will gladly pay full price for an FX2 table if it interests me. Sorry to jump off topic, but I've got to defend Zen on this one. Nothing quite like supporting an indie developer that's reviving a dying form of gaming, and for a reasonable price![/QUOTE]

Pumping quarters into a pinball is a thing of the past, times have changed and they've gone digital. You can't compare your childhood to times these days. That's like comparing the price of gas, groceries and such from then to now..can't happen. Indie developer? They're beyond that stage, Zen has established themselves. I still say it's too much per table, so I vote with my wallet as some would say. They should lower the prices a bit or just have a sale to attract more people. Afterall, we're on CAG. By the way, I never spent that much money on just pinball. I play a bit of everything.

A Pinball FX2 table is worth $3 easily.

The only reason you would think otherwise is probably because what you really want is to be able to have ALL of them and at $3 a piece you'd need to fork over $20 or more. But if there were only one table available you'd snatch it up at $3 and enjoy it. Don't let your collector/pokemon gotta have them all mentality keep you from buying and enjoying a table.

[quote name='intoxicated662']Pumping quarters into a pinball is a thing of the past, times have changed and they've gone digital. You can't compare your childhood to times these days. That's like comparing the price of gas, groceries and such from then to now..can't happen. Indie developer? They're beyond that stage, Zen has established themselves. I still say it's too much per table, so I vote with my wallet as some would say. They should lower the prices a bit or just have a sale to attract more people. Afterall, we're on CAG. By the way, I never spent that much money on just pinball. I play a bit of everything.[/QUOTE]

Though I called pinball a dying form of gaming, it's only because fewer machines are being manufactured. Pumping quarters into actual pinball machines is still very much alive, depending on where you live. Most machines run about 50 cents per play these days, more popular machines sometimes cost a buck, which only strengthens my "forbidden" comparison.

But ya know, if you're unwilling to allow people to compare digital and physical pinball in any way, I can see why you're unwilling to spend Zen's asking prices.

And establishing yourself by making quality products that people are willing to buy doesn't determine whether or not you're independent. But that's a totally different discussion.

That said, here's hoping for the big blowout FX2 sale everyone wants. I'll be on the leaderboards waiting for ya :)

[quote name='ZForce915']A Pinball FX2 table is worth $3 easily.

The only reason you would think otherwise is probably because what you really want is to be able to have ALL of them and at $3 a piece you'd need to fork over $20 or more. But if there were only one table available you'd snatch it up at $3 and enjoy it. Don't let your collector/pokemon gotta have them all mentality keep you from buying and enjoying a table.[/QUOTE]

What are you rambling about? I'm no collector, much less a pokemon fan. If you want to go that route, then it's like me saying stop being cheap and waiting for a price drop/sale and just buy games at launch & regular price.

I'm sure many people will agree that a pfx2 sale would be a good thing. They did well last year when they had a sale.

[quote name='ZForce915']A Pinball FX2 table is worth $3 easily.

The only reason you would think otherwise is probably because what you really want is to be able to have ALL of them and at $3 a piece you'd need to fork over $20 or more. But if there were only one table available you'd snatch it up at $3 and enjoy it. Don't let your collector/pokemon gotta have them all mentality keep you from buying and enjoying a table.[/QUOTE]
Saying a pinball table is easily worth $3 is your opinion. But saying it's because he prolly wants then all, is a dead wrong assumption. I want to pick up the Captain America table only, but I refuse to pay $3. Heck, I can't even convince myself to pay $2 for a Rock Band track anymore. I'll wait for sales we had months ago when Johnny Cash was half off.

Oh, and the gamerscore whore in me would be fine with only having 35 points on my tag after playing the Cpt. America table. Give us a fx2 sale Zen!!!

The value of the pinball tables really depends on what you are comparing them to and how much play time you get out of one. Rock Band songs are 2-3 dollars so compared to that the tables are a pretty good deal.

I don't feel strongly either way since I'm not a big pinball fan. It would be nice if they were a little cheaper, but I don't see them as a bad deal if you are going to get a few hours of fun out of them.

I too feel that $3 a table is seemingly high. However I also agree that when compared to getting a single song for $2 in RB (of which I have bought 100s) it seems like a much more reasonable deal. Even moreso when you consider playing one at an arcade. I could easily pump $5 into an arcade pinball table and not think twice about it. Yet in the XBLA marketplace it is cause for heavy pause. I guess everything is relative.

That being said I sincerely hope they have a killer Pinball FX sale this month as I would buy them out.

[quote name='Dustinator']Saying a pinball table is easily worth $3 is your opinion. But saying it's because he prolly wants then all, is a dead wrong assumption. I want to pick up the Captain America table only, but I refuse to pay $3. Heck, I can't even convince myself to pay $2 for a Rock Band track anymore. I'll wait for sales we had months ago when Johnny Cash was half off.

Oh, and the gamerscore whore in me would be fine with only having 35 points on my tag after playing the Cpt. America table. Give us a fx2 sale Zen!!![/QUOTE]

If you can't pony up the $3 measly dollars for the Captain America table then that is pretty sad. Pinball FX2 was a free download and you're not even willing to give the developer $3 for a table? You want a sale on that? Yeah, I know this is cheapassgamer.com but that's sad.

Not exactly a "OMG I must go change my tag NAO cuz of savings!!! AHHHH" kind of deal. I guess still good for those who initially made uncreative tags (not to say mine is that great, of course).

[quote name='wakawakawa']Joystiq has a new preview of The Baconing. It says .. The Baconing will launch on August 30 for $15 on PSN, as part of the Play promotion. A launch date for the PC, Mac and Xbox 360 has not been announced.

Hopefully it comes out on XBLA soon after. Maybe Sept 7 along with Crimson Alliance.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/08/08/the-baconing-preview-new-blood-old-thongs/[/QUOTE]

Man I can't wait for that. I absolutely loved the Deathspanks. Picked 'em both up when they were on sale together and I gotta say they were absolutely worth every point. Kinda hoping they go on sale again on PSN so I can play through them again.

[quote name='ZForce915']If you can't pony up the $3 measly dollars for the Captain America table then that is pretty sad. Pinball FX2 was a free download and you're not even willing to give the developer $3 for a table? You want a sale on that? Yeah, I know this is cheapassgamer.com but that's sad.[/QUOTE]

Can't and Won't are 2 completely different things. Again, you're assuming so just stop. How do you know he (or others) didn't buy the tables from part 1 to use in dlc? You must have all the tables or are a diehard zen fan.

Either way, hope the tables do go on sale. By the way, some of the tables I purchased from the original pinball fx don't show up as purchased in pfx2 for some reason but I can play them fine..weird.

Not sure if it was asked, but does anyone know if the Mortal Kombat Season Pass (4 dlc characters) count as DLC for the promotion?

Seems like it should.

[quote name='Spylon']Those have got to be the price drops for the month of August. Now for Swarm to go on sale.[/QUOTE]

perm price drops? because both Blacklight & Blitz have been on sale before and at a lower price than the current price drops.

[quote name='Zonic505']I've been wanting to get this (plus I should go back & get more achievements in the game), but I've been waiting for a sale for it to be $5. Though glad to hear more praise for the DLC.[/QUOTE]

Do you think it will ever go on sale though? Enslaved didn't sell so well, it might affect it's deal of the week chance.

[quote name='clickpow']Do you think it will ever go on sale though? Enslaved didn't sell so well, it might affect it's deal of the week chance.[/QUOTE]
I really want Pigsy's Perfect Ten to go on sale, but as time passes I wonder if it will. It depends on many things, if the publisher wants MS to discount it, MS wants to drop it, etc.

I dunno. Just speculating is all I'm doin. Now I forsee the pinball fx2 tables going on sale sometime in the future because fx1 was on sale before.

[quote name='sstcrush']Looking for Beyond Good and Evil Price Drop...[/QUOTE]

me and you my friend... I would really like to try it and its been 5 months since its come out

[quote name='destro4eva']C'mon MS give me the last 2 DLC for Fallout NV at 400 point each. That's the sale I want, now do it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed!

[quote name='destro4eva']C'mon MS give me the last 2 DLC for Fallout NV at 400 point each. That's the sale I want, now do it.[/QUOTE]

This makes three of us.

How is Fancy Pants Adventures?

Are the extra levels worth the price?

Is the co-op good?

Thanks

[quote name='intoxicated662']Can't and Won't are 2 completely different things. Again, you're assuming so just stop. How do you know he (or others) didn't buy the tables from part 1 to use in dlc? You must have all the tables or are a diehard zen fan.

Either way, hope the tables do go on sale. By the way, some of the tables I purchased from the original pinball fx don't show up as purchased in pfx2 for some reason but I can play them fine..weird.[/QUOTE]

Were the original Pinball FX tables on your hard drive the first time you started Pinball FX 2? Were the licenses for the tables either purchased on that Xbox 360 or with the same gamertag?

A pop-up message should have appeared that allowed you to download the new versions of any previously purchased tables. Pinball FX and Pinball FX 2 use separate DLC. Try clearing your cache and restarting Pinball FX 2 with no save data present. If you're still having trouble, post a message here.

I am surprised by the number of cheapos who will buy a $5 piece of DLC that lasts a couple hours but refuse to buy a pinball table with unlimited plays at $3. Yes, most XBLA games are overpriced. That's a difficult to case to argue with Pinball FX 2. Here are a few points to consider for those of you waiting on a sale:

• $3 buys 4.5 plays on a new table from Stern.
  • Pinball FX 2 has been at the top of the XBLA charts since its release last October. Games that sell this well are generally discounted for a single day at the end of the year.
  • Content for Microsoft's Game Room, a similar platform, has never been reduced.
  • It took two and a half years for Pinball FX to go on sale (50% off DotW). The DLC for Pinball FX was never discounted.
  • Buying a single table enables two avatar awards to be earned: a hoodie worth $2 and an outfit worth $3-4 (based on equivalent Marketplace prices).
  • Pinball FX 2 is the only Xbox game to support avatar props.
  • Eight more tables are planned for 2011. According to a recent interview with Zen, tables released next year are likely to be more expensive. Captain America and Fantastic Four were probably underpriced.
  • There will not be a compilation disc offering all the tables at a lower price.
  • Zen takes care of its customers:
    • All of the original Pinball FX content could be imported into Pinball FX 2 for free. Every table was redesigned with new physics, graphics, and achievements.
    • A free 'Pinball FX 2.5' update coming next year will add many new features.
    • Any tables purchased now are likely to work with Pinball FX 3(D?). The original Pinball FX and its DLC were delisted after Pinball FX 2 was released. The newer versions of the individual tables are more expensive, and they're only compatible with Pinball FX 2.

I have a hunch that the Pinball FX 2 content will not be on sale until Christmas, when the Vengeance and Virtue pack is planned for released. The Core, Classic, and Marvel packs will likely be 400 MSP. I doubt the individual tables will be discounted.

If you fancy Captain America, I recommend buying it, especially if it fills your August reward quota. Cap is a strong representation of Zen's product line. Ms. 'Splosion Man should be available by the end of the month. It may be the best table Zen has created.

Thanks for that ^. For 50 cents to $1 more (compared to a rock band song) it isn't so bad, but that's if you play pinball fx 2 often. I hardly ever play it really and don't find many people playing online @ night but still. For the couple of tables I need to completely have them all I might just get them now since they captain America and others will unlikely go on sale anytime soon. Ah I just got my msp from bing anyways so it's all good.

I tried fancy pants adventure and just couldn't get into the game, I'll pass.

I wish the Saint's Row 2 packs would go on sale, those and the WWE All Stars packs, probably too early for the WWE packs but the Saint's Row 2 packs are long overdue for a sale. I dunno why but I feel like since Guitar Hero is dead for now all of the songs should go on sale for 100 points each instead of the 160, and DJ Hero songs should be 200 points. That will never happen though.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Rock Band DLC sale? Hmm...[/QUOTE]

If that Bon Jovi Greatest Hits for RB3 is half off then I may consider getting it...

Price drops or sale, I'm not sure, but it looks like Call of Duty Games on Demand are slightly cheaper now. 1600 as opposed to 2400 for CoD 2 & 4, 3200 rather than 4000 for MW2. Not great, but...something.

Gamertag change, Rock Band Songs...What could be better than those two?!!? I know!! It's Band Hero Avatar marketplace zzzzzzzzzzzz

Where's the proof for a rock band DLC sale? Don't tease me like that if you have no source......cause a Rock Band dlc sale would be AWESOME. I have ton of songs in my backlog and it would be an easy way to meet the August reward quota

[quote name='Dustinator']Where's the proof for a rock band DLC sale? Don't tease me like that if you have no source......cause a Rock Band dlc sale would be AWESOME. I have ton of songs in my backlog and it would be an easy way to meet the August reward quota[/QUOTE]

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Metallica Pack 01- 440>320
Blink-182 Pack 02- 440>320
Lady Gaga Pack 01- 560>400
Greatest Hits: Rock Band Edition- 1600>1200
Queen Pack 01- 1280>960

[quote name='bardockkun']If that Bon Jovi Greatest Hits for RB3 is half off then I may consider getting it...[/QUOTE]

Only 25% off. Still, Rock and DLC doesn't go on sale very often. "You Give Love A Bad Name" from Lego Rock Band is really fun to play.

I would probably consider Bon Jovi as well if I hadn't already bought a couple tracks from it and already own the non-RB3 versions of a few tracks. Plus I already own 2 of the other track packs.

Well, this isn't the Rock Band sale I'd been hoping for. Already bought the Lady Gaga and Metallica packs, I still don't yet have RB3 for the Bon Jovi pack, I despise Blink 182, and many of the Queen songs in that pack were released again as RB3 tunes.

For your assistance: "Another One Bites the Dust," "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," "Fat Bottomed Girls," and "Tie Your Mother Down" are the four songs from the Queen pack on sale that were NOT re-released later in optimized RB3 tracks. Now, do you pay 960 MSP for the pack including those, or 640 points for those four tracks and then 800 points for the Queen RB3 Enhanced Pack? I think I'll opt for the latter eventually, or better yet, hold out for a sale on the Enhanced Pack.

Ugggggghhhh, I can't wait til' Summer of Arcade is over so we can get some half-decent deals back. I don't understand their logic if they discount good stuff I'm still going to buy that AND the Summer of Arcade game(s) I want especially if they kept the buy 3 get this much back, buy 5 get this much back. Instead they discount CRAP and remove the SoA tier system, well guess what, they lose money. I came THIS close to getting Bastion, but I'm sticking to my guns and waiting for it to go on sale. The only game I'm getting Day 1 is Toy Soldiers Cold War because I LOVED the first one and was so impressed by it's quality.
+1 But, make that the last THREE (Already bought Dead Money for $5 during the 1 day sale) I learned my lesson after buying the first two Fallout 3 DLCs full price. All of the DLC is going to eventually be half off, on multiple occasions. I can either pay $40 for all 4 or $20 and I choose the latter. And considering how broken & bug ridden NV is I have no problem waiting.

[quote name='Skram']http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Metallica Pack 01- 440>320
Blink-182 Pack 02- 440>320
Lady Gaga Pack 01- 560>400
Greatest Hits: Rock Band Edition- 1600>1200
Queen Pack 01- 1280>960[/QUOTE]
Ah, thanks for the link Skram :)

I was hoping for a RB sale soon and here it is! Bad news is this deal kinda sucks. Many of those packs have been on sale before. The Bon Jovi hits pack is the only new one. And hasn't Lady Gaga pack 01 been on sale 3-4 times before?! Lame......and who would buy this Queen 01 pack when you can get the Queen RB3 edition pack which has harmonies and keys? I know there are some songs in the 01 pack that aren't in the RB3 edition, but still.

Microsoft dropped the ball on this RB sale. Too much recycled stuff. The Metallica pack is turning into the Risk Factions joke for RB users now

BARF!!!!! Where's the Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 or Might and Magic Clash of Heroes sale. Now THATS what I want...but at this point I just welcome any XBLA discounts.

Another week of FAIL Microsoft.

I already have the Lady Gaga tracks from when they went on sale at Thanksgiving, and I've got both of the RB3 Queen packs, so I'll be giving this a pass. Really wish they'd just do a big Rock Band/Guitar Hero sale like they did last summer instead of just a few packs.

Apologies if I posted this already, but I can't find it in the last few pages. My power went off last night shortly after after writing it, so I may not have actually submitted it. Bloodrayne Betrayel has been pushed back to October 5th. You may want to change that in the OP, reddjoey. It's most likely due to it being part of the PSN promo later this month. Also, Rock of Ages is up for pre-order on Steam with a list price of $9.99. That most likely means 800 points for us. That makes me happy as it sounded really interesting when I heard it detailed in a segment on The Joystiq Show a couple of weeks ago. *And CAG isn't letting me break this up into paragraphs. I've been having weird issues with the message editor over the last couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back