XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
I was confused when my account gained 1800MSP as well. I had thought I won some random old sweepstakes, but 1800MSP was not a number they offered on those dashboard ads. I checked the rewards which didn't match the quantity. After some research on the forums here, I realize they deposited last month's rewards 5 times.

I am tempted to spend it all in a blaze of buying glory. Yet I am wary of potential repercussions of using the erroneous MS points.

I understand accounts can be rewound which my friend had to have happen, but that usually is a week's process. The bought items go into the account history as owned. The only thing I am certain of here is some Microsoft employee may get fired over this. Yet, I am elated at the favor something has shined upon me.

I am just going to wait and see what happens. Wasn't planning on buying anything right now. Might get toy soldiers 2 next week if the points are still there or maybe wait a lil long and get the resident evil hd remakes on GoD.

Awesome if they are still there, if not oh well I'm not out anything

[quote name='Crono-00']I was confused when my account gained 1800MSP as well. I had thought I won some random old sweepstakes, but 1800MSP was not a number they offered on those dashboard ads. I checked the rewards which didn't match the quantity. After some research on the forums here, I realize they deposited last month's rewards 5 times.

I am tempted to spend it all in a blaze of buying glory. Yet I am wary of potential repercussions of using the erroneous MS points.

I understand accounts can be rewound which my friend had to have happen, but that usually is a week's process. The bought items go into the account history as owned. The only thing I am certain of here is some Microsoft employee may get fired over this. Yet, I am elated at the favor something has shined upon me.[/QUOTE]

What seems really weird to me is that my Rewards account page still shows the points as pending.

From @XboxSupport "There was a known issue with the rewards system. The points you were rewarded are yours. ^PS"

Which is kind of awesome. Hooray for system screw-ups!

[quote name='Surreal_Sunshine']From @XboxSupport "There was a known issue with the rewards system. The points you were rewarded are yours. ^PS"

Which is kind of awesome. Hooray for system screw-ups![/QUOTE]

Good, because I was considering taking a middle ground and going on my spending spree but buying some obscure indie games to absolve some guilt. I'll still get something from there, but now I know I can have some go towards my list of games I intend to get on the Game Marketplace anyway.

Xbox Live Rewards just upgraded itself to best rewards program ever. However, some karmic justice would say the rewards will soon cease or they could be potentially awful in the future.

I am glad you got that information fast, Surreal_Sunshine. Otherwise I was tempted to empty out my account for the time being for Deathsmiles 2 on the GoD service. I appreciate the speed of your response.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']I would buy an Xbox origanal or two if they lowered them to like $5. BS that they try to charge $15 and then on "sale" for $10.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Never got the original Xbox and wouldn't mind buying some originals but not when they're sold at a price I can find plenty of quality current gen games for.

[quote name='Crono-00']Good, because I was considering taking a middle ground and going on my spending spree but buying some obscure indie games to absolve some guilt. I'll still get something from there, but now I know I can have some go towards my list of games I intend to get on the Game Marketplace anyway.

Xbox Live Rewards just upgraded itself to best rewards program ever. However, some karmic justice would say the rewards will soon cease or they could be potentially awful in the future.[/QUOTE]

I was completely shocked to get that response from XBox Support. I just wanted it cleared up so I wouldn't have to keep track of how many points I could safely spend.

[quote name='Crono-00']Good, because I was considering taking a middle ground and going on my spending spree but buying some obscure indie games to absolve some guilt. I'll still get something from there, but now I know I can have some go towards my list of games I intend to get on the Game Marketplace anyway.

Xbox Live Rewards just upgraded itself to best rewards program ever. However, some karmic justice would say the rewards will soon cease or they could be potentially awful in the future.

I am glad you got that information fast, Surreal_Sunshine. Otherwise I was tempted to empty out my account for the time being for Deathsmiles 2 on the GoD service. I appreciate the speed of your response.[/QUOTE]

Deathsmiles 2x is still worth it =) :bouncy:. I was going to splurge and spend my points on Eternal Sonata games on demand.

Got 1650 points instead of 270.

The Situation abs are mine!...and Toy Soldiers 2.

I was gonna grab Ms Splosion Man also, but I bet it will hit a sale September/October.

I still haven't even gotten my 200 points much less 2000. :(

I also waited until the very last day in July for whatever that may be worth.

[quote name='JStryke']I still haven't even gotten my 200 points much less 2000. :(

I also waited until the very last day in July for whatever that may be worth.[/QUOTE]

Might want to check your transactions on xbox.com to see what day MS recognized you as making the purchase. Back in March when they had 5% back rewards, I bought a bunch of stuff on the last day of the month, but they actually registered as being purchased on April 1. Luckily, they ran the 5% promotion again in April so it didn't end up costing me. If the qualifying purchases do end up showing for July, you should send them an e-mail. They were quick to respond and rectify the situation I had earlier in the year with points not showing up in my account.

So can you use points to get games on demand? For some reason I thought you had to use cash.
I picked up some dlc I couldn't justify buying with "earned" points. Got Darth Vader for SoulCalibur IV and the DLC for the Maw.

[quote name='crookshow']Might want to check your transactions on xbox.com to see what day MS recognized you as making the purchase. Back in March when they had 5% back rewards, I bought a bunch of stuff on the last day of the month, but they actually registered as being purchased on April 1. Luckily, they ran the 5% promotion again in April so it didn't end up costing me. If the qualifying purchases do end up showing for July, you should send them an e-mail. They were quick to respond and rectify the situation I had earlier in the year with points not showing up in my account.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you just reminded me to check my account for march and april since I didn't recall seeing points get refunded then. So thanks for that. But my memory is failing me. Was that an xbox rewards only or was that for anybody to get in on?

[quote name='crookshow']^It was through xbox rewards[/QUOTE]

Ah, so not getting those is ok then. Not like it was an awful lot anyways. Not that 200 is either, but meh. Should still at least get those since I did finally sign up for the rewards program early or mid last month.

[quote name='JStryke']I still haven't even gotten my 200 points much less 2000. :(

I also waited until the very last day in July for whatever that may be worth.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Made two purchases 800 pts or more but didn't get my 200 pts back.

I tweeted them and I guess they are looking into it. Sucks :(

[quote name='ooga']WTF??? They reduced the points again. I had 2100 a couple of hours ago. Now I'm down to 420. Easy come easy go!![/QUOTE]

Yeah, i have no idea what's going on now. Maybe I misunderstood the message from XBox Support? The weird thing is that my beginning balance on points changed, not any of the transactions.
http://twitpic.com/64n4q4/full

I read the mistake MS made and went to billing.microsoft.com and saw 6 x 300 msp added but I only see a 300 msp difference on my account. Went from 4860 to 5160 msp now, weird.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I read the mistake MS made and went to billing.microsoft.com and saw 6 x 300 msp added but I only see a 300 msp difference on my account. Went from 4860 to 5160 msp now, weird.[/QUOTE]

The same thing happened to me as it looks like to compensate for the glitch they lowered my points to the point where 6x the amount brought me back to the amount I had before. I had 7040 then I noticed they lowered it to 5240 then they added 300 points x7 as 300 was how much I earned. It seems like a giant mess but I guess that was the only way they thought of to fix their glitch.

Yeah, even when you check billing.microsoft.com it does not show for me -300 msp or nothing. It still shows 300 msp earned 8/11/2011 6 times but in reality it's just 300 msp given to me overall. What are the 300 msp free for anyways? Seems like everyone got a courtesy 300 msp free period. I checked my other gamertags and none got them though.

I just checked again and it's messed up. It shows my beginning balance was 2960 when in reality it was 4860. So they subtracted msp, then added some and in the end the only difference overall was +300 msp. What a mess........

[quote name='Skoad']Aww, I have 790 points somehow. They don't make 10 points anything, do they.[/QUOTE]

Lowest MS Point item I had found belongs to Bulletwitch DLC which are 20MSP each. I still have to get that game, such that one day I may need it to even out my Microsoft Point balance.

I guess the best option would be to use that extra 10MSP and use it with DLC that ends with a "50". I know the Lumines Live! Tokyo Club Mix DLC is 350MSP and not included on the Qubed disc. Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head are Sonic Unleashed DLC which are 250MSP each. Basically use that 10MSP and add it to what would have otherwise been a 240MSP purchase. One may have to sift through a lot on the Game Marketplace for those items, though.

When I was making a joke about bad DotW or Xbox Live Rewards offers, I decided not to make up "buy 3 music videos on Zune Marketplace, get a 3-day early sneak peek of the new Xbox dashboard with Youtube!" because I am not familiar with the Zune deals, and likely not going to be part of a DotW. Then again, I do recall some of those countdown to New Years deals being on videos. EDIT: my joke bad deal idea refers to how some of those music videos, I think were priced at 159MSP, leaving an odd 1MSP left on an account

God bless you, RedJoey. You're a saint and a true American/Canadian/European hero.

Totally picking up Fable next week, anyone know if it's the Lost Chapters version - I assume not...

My July Microsoft rewards points were also late to show up, and they got posted to my account 5 times. For my August statement period my starting balance was supposed to be 560 MSP, but like the others posting here, they cleared out all of my previous balances (i.e. they're missing from my previous statements) and gave me a -320 starting balance for August to account for their mistake. Sounds like a quick fix, but at least my ending points are correct. Just thought I'd share....

Also, excellent thread! Only wished I had found it earlier (or was watching the Deal of Week closer on the dashboard); missed out on a couple games I wanted that were on sale (Alien Breeds, Dishwasher, Geometry Wars 2, etc.). Hoping there's a good chance they get discounted again (and related to that, I agree with others who have stated that it would be nice for more of the older XBLA games to get a permanent price reduction, to possibly help boost sales).

EDIT: More examples of the Rewards system snafu here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292253&page=10

[quote name='drktrpr1']God bless you, RedJoey. You're a saint and a true American/Canadian/European hero.

Totally picking up Fable next week, anyone know if it's the Lost Chapters version - I assume not...[/QUOTE]
Checking Games on Demand and the only version of Fable seems to be the vanilla original. So chances of Lost Chapters seem to be slim to nil.

[quote name='The Brief Chef']I would love MS dearly if they would add Psychonauts as part of their Xbox Originals sale[/QUOTE]

I doubt Microsoft has anything to do with it not being part of the sale.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Do you think that me buying the MK season Pass through GS will count towards this month's rewards promo or does it have to be through the marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Marketplace

[quote name='drktrpr1']God bless you, RedJoey. You're a saint and a true American/Canadian/European hero.

Totally picking up Fable next week, anyone know if it's the Lost Chapters version - I assume not...[/QUOTE]

Nope. It's not the Lost Chapters version. You're better off getting it on Amazon or eBay.

I've always hated how original Xbox games force you to go offline, I would like to chat with my friends or something while playing

[quote name='Kimura']I've always hated how original Xbox games force you to go offline, I would like to chat with my friends or something while playing[/QUOTE]
This. I know there's limitations due to it being a regular xbox game, but still. Minor quip I guess

Kinda glad next week's deals aren't killer cause I'll be moving all of next week. Plus, I'll be buying next week's RB3 songs, Fallout Boy........sorry, that was a really bad joke :lol:

Can anyone tell me if monkey island 2 has ever been a dotw? I'm getting antsy and I may just plop down the 800.

[quote name='Curlis']Can anyone tell me if monkey island 2 has ever been a dotw? I'm getting antsy and I may just plop down the 800.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it has. And more than once if I remember correctly.

[quote name='Curlis']Can anyone tell me if monkey island 2 has ever been a dotw? I'm getting antsy and I may just plop down the 800.[/QUOTE]
It seems to be one of those titles that likes to go on sale once or twice a year (along with the first Monkey Island) so I would definitely wait for a sale on it. I'd recommend waiting for RISK: Factions too if you are wanting to snag that too.

Here's a link to Spylon's webpage on the game-It's been on sale twice in recent history:

http://hdfanatic.com/xbldb/offer-details/?offer=66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d80258410a53

Also Spylon if you read this I liked the old format for pricing history better. I could read instantly when something was discounted whereas this new system I can't read so well. My vision isn't the best and the tiny text is harder to read than it has to be. Granted it looks nicer but for me it's a trade-off of style over function. Maybe have the old chart below the new graph? Just a suggestion.

any word on the Ugly Americans avatar items? it's currently past the date it was supposed to be released. (I like the show, I'm just curious to see what they're going to offer)

and...any word on the actual release date for Dungeon Defenders? (I know it's been submitted to XBL but that seems so long ago).

[quote name='100xp']any word on the Ugly Americans avatar items? it's currently past the date it was supposed to be released. (I like the show, I'm just curious to see what they're going to offer)

and...any word on the actual release date for Dungeon Defenders? (I know it's been submitted to XBL but that seems so long ago).[/QUOTE]
Looks like it'll be a shirt and a demon baby prop.

I might grab it as well, but its strange that they haven't released it yet.

Ah, the final week of Summer of Arcade. After this week, I can only hope Deal of the Week comes back with a bang. That meaning, we get something we have always wanted for less than what we expected, in general. The reality, is more likely to not meet those expectations, but I can still hope.

Onto this week's deal, I have mentioned before how it is encouraging that Xbox Originals are offered, and the potential for other Xbox Original titles could be offered in the future. I still hope for titles like Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, Psychonauts, Guilty Gear X2 #Reload, even Burnout 3 (despite me owning it on disc because I found that title to be the pinnacle of the series). Alas, what makes me give a sadface is the offering of Fable not being the Lost Chapters version as well as it having been on Deal of the Week a couple times before.

It is still encouraging because there is still some form of acknowledgement backwards compatibility still exists. They don't even have the backwards compatibility list on the official xbox.com website anymore (where I can find it). I have to consult the wikipedia entry to look up what good oldie to hunt down. It is disappointing one does have to sign off of Xbox Live when playing something from the original Xbox on the 360, but sometimes, some games like Jet Set Radio Future or Panzer Dragoon Orta deserves to live on (for me).

-----

I also looked up some past Deal of the Week offers, thanks to this site. I found out that I got my 360 and started gold membership around the time of DotW's inception (Black Friday 2008), based on that site. Although I do remember Rez HD was also offered for less as well around then too, because it was one of my very first XBLA purchases (and slight regret now since I did eventually buy the Qubed disc which included the game).

From that history listed on that site, I did realize I had bought an XBLA title on Deal of the Week during the Summer of Arcade promotion. R-type Dimensions was on sale, and that did not stop me from getting Shadow Complex as well on its release day. That's the only exception, so I can say having a deal on another XBLA title does not cannibalize the sale of a Summer of Arcade game for me.

[quote name='100xp']any word on the Ugly Americans avatar items? it's currently past the date it was supposed to be released. (I like the show, I'm just curious to see what they're going to offer)

and...any word on the actual release date for Dungeon Defenders? (I know it's been submitted to XBL but that seems so long ago).[/QUOTE]

As of about an hour and a half ago, they haven't decided on a release date.
http://www.forums.trendyent.com/sho...dated-8-13-2011)&p=44988&viewfull=1#post44988

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back