XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Carcassonne is really good. Catan is pretty good but the AI is pretty dimwitted compared to real players and doesn't even play as a newbie right. Still both games function well enough in SP.

[quote name='Zbornak']I've been waiting too and I'm very happy they finally put it on sale. Now if they'd finally put Vandal Hearts : Flames of Judgment on sale, I'd be really happy.[/QUOTE]

They have once, otherwise I probably wouldn't own it. Hopefully you luck out and it drops again in the near future. :)

[quote name='vamn']Saints Row Double Pack (1 & 2) is $20 on Amazon.[/QUOTE]

This. Saints Row 1 has the better traditional multiplayer according to a good bit (tbh, I didn't care for either, but I did give SR1 the slight edge in that aspect) and the stories tie together so playing through them in order would be nice. (I did them backwards and it's not a huge deal, but there are a few recurring characters and such that can spoil things).

[quote name='white3er']Should I get the fallout vegas dlc? Or are they coming out with a goty version?[/QUOTE]

I would only get it if you plan to play it right away. Other, there probably will be a GOTY version.

Awesome, I've been waiting on a deal for Catan. I bought that and Magic the Gathering 2012. I already had Carcassonne, otherwise I would have been interested in thst too!

I can't decide on Catan. I have it for my iPad and that's a good version to play solo and is likely to be the one that gets the most such play, so getting Catan for XBLA only makes sense if I have friends to play with online. Some do have it, but can we manage to coordinate? Hmm....

After waiting over a year for Quake Arena to hit that 400 price point, I downloaded the demo and fired it up...super excited to play it since it's been over 8 years since I gave it a whirl.

Time has not been kind to this game.....it's sad to look forward to a game as a CAG waiting patiently for it to become a DotW and the game just hasn't aged well. Ah well, I'll save my points for next week and pick up the Saints Row 2 dlc. Achievement points give me extra motivation to get those.

Picked up just Outland last week and super glad I tried the demo due to the positive feedback in this thread. Thanks!!

[quote name='basis']Regarding Catan, MS has NEVER had a sale for it till now and I've been waiting for it to go on sale for AGES! It used to be free for new Gold members if I recalled correctly and I played it on my friend's 360. Then a couple of months back I broke down and paid full price for it.

No regrets and it's still one of the more popular XBLA titles.[/QUOTE]

No. Carcasonne was free. Catan was not.

For those saying Catan is only worth it if you have friends playing online --- remember that this game has been around for 5 years and STILL has an active online community.

Yes, finally another NV DLC on sale. Picked up the next one. Now to wait for the rest to go on sale.

Played the Orcs Must Die demo and I liked it because it's right up my "I Love Anything Tower Defense" alley, but no Multi or Co-Op at all and an asking price of 1200?! L-O-L. It's now chalked up to sale fodder. If it was 800 I'd maybe even considered it as a palate cleanser from the Fall big releases. Shot themselves in the foot with the high asking price, now I'll just wait til' it hits 400 someday.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Carcassonne is really good. Catan is pretty good but the AI is pretty dimwitted compared to real players and doesn't even play as a newbie right. Still both games function well enough in SP.[/QUOTE]

Are you kidding the AI is just fine, I see the xbox win games all the time against real ppl. What burns my butt is the fact there was a glitch that prevented me from getting all the achievements. And I really wish they produce some of the addons such as seafarers.

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']

Played the Orcs Must Die demo and I liked it because it's right up my "I Love Anything Tower Defense" alley, but no Multi or Co-Op at all and an asking price of 1200?! L-O-L. It's now chalked up to sale fodder. If it was 800 I'd maybe even considered it as a palate cleanser from the Fall big releases. Shot themselves in the foot with the high asking price, now I'll just wait til' it hits 400 someday.[/QUOTE]

Feel the exact same way. I'd bite on this at 10 bucks just as a way to kill time till Dungeon Defenders, but that is only 2 weeks away and the same price for what looks to be 10x the game.

This had potential, but man it's pretty lackluster.

so Nba Jam On Fire Edition is out, but there is no demo for it. First time in a long time i've seen a game on xbla with no demo. I thought Sega Bass Fishing was going to have Kinect support? Or at least peripheral support

[quote name='intoxicated662']so Nba Jam On Fire Edition is out, but there is no demo for it. First time in a long time i've seen a game on xbla with no demo. I thought Sega Bass Fishing was going to have Kinect support? Or at least peripheral support[/QUOTE]

There's supposed to be a demo. For some reason it's just not available right now. Both Major Nelson and XBox support say it should be.

[quote name='intoxicated662']so Nba Jam On Fire Edition is out, but there is no demo for it. First time in a long time i've seen a game on xbla with no demo. I thought Sega Bass Fishing was going to have Kinect support? Or at least peripheral support[/QUOTE]

You've never seen it because it's not allowed, you can't offer a game on Live without a demo.
It'll be up shortly

The Quake demo I played was a lot of fun but it worries me that I couldn't find a match online. I'll try again in a few days to see if the sale reinvigorates the online community. I want to pick it up but not if I can't play online.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']The Quake demo I played was a lot of fun but it worries me that I couldn't find a match online. I'll try again in a few days to see if the sale reinvigorates the online community. I want to pick it up but not if I can't play online.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if the demo lets you play with people who have the full game or if you'd only be able to find a match if other demo players are also trying.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Man microsoft and the xbox have been fucking up lately. Maybe because of the new dashboard? BTW go and get Magic 2012. That is all[/QUOTE]

I'm one of the lucky people for whom the "new xbox experience" ruined my old 360's ability to cache games unless they were installed. So I am NOT looking forward to this dashboard upgrade at all.

[quote name='biledriver']I'm one of the lucky people for whom the "new xbox experience" ruined my old 360's ability to cache games unless they were installed. So I am NOT looking forward to this dashboard upgrade at all.[/QUOTE]
Attn: biledriver ... are you using an original HDD from Microsoft, or your own custom drive in a 3rd-party shell that you partitioned yourself? The cache partitions are highly sensitive, and shouldn't be simply hacked. Otherwise, I would try 1) hard-resetting the cache (http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/troubleshoot/hardware/clear-system-cache) ... and if that doesn't work, then 2) backup to another (official) HDD, then blow away your HDD, and move everything back. Either of those "should" solve your issues with the cache.

[quote name='Solder']Feel the exact same way. I'd bite on this at 10 bucks just as a way to kill time till Dungeon Defenders, but that is only 2 weeks away and the same price for what looks to be 10x the game.

This had potential, but man it's pretty lackluster.[/QUOTE]

Yep agree with what you said as well, can't wait for Dungeon Defenders and doesn't it have FOUR player Co-op?. Looks fantastic!

Random question. When was the last time anyone saw banjo kazooie/tooie on sale? I know they've been up there for quite some time.

[quote name='stoned99']Are you kidding the AI is just fine, I see the xbox win games all the time against real ppl. What burns my butt is the fact there was a glitch that prevented me from getting all the achievements. And I really wish they produce some of the addons such as seafarers.[/QUOTE]
I found Catan's AI to be passable at "expert" & 10 pt wins ... but you can easily build up wins when you change the 1st turn's build order & set wins @ 7pts, since "longest road" can be gained so quickly (it's holding onto it thru 10pts that gets harder). Agree that MS should've paid Big Huge a few more $$$ to produce the DLC during the game's initial development, but it was obviously a rush job to get the game out, and Big Huge nearly closed shop soon afterwards.

Anyone else get a strange leaderboard error in Torchlight? The leaderbord says I have 5 million gold. How I wish that were true. I guess I can't enjoy climbing my friends' leaderboard now...

[quote name='Spylon']Are people interested in free themes and gamer pics? Should I add a page to my website for these? My "feed" already includes free dlc.[/QUOTE]
Only if you want to do the work, but I'd concentrate more on a "summary" page, so that people can see the sale items all at once without thumbnails or extra info. But then we're getting into duplicating CAG's OP's. Your page is AWESOME for catching all the price adjustments, so as long as you do 1 thing WELL, then it's got value to the community. :)

[quote name='Fear No Darkness']Yep agree with what you said as well, can't wait for Dungeon Defenders and doesn't it have FOUR player Co-op?. Looks fantastic![/QUOTE]

Yup, Dungeon Defenders has 4 player Co-Op, 4 different classes, and equipment. It blows Orcs Must Die out of the water.

Had they released this game mid-summer it'd do better but 2 weeks away from a VERY similar game that looks like it's been polished for more than a year? Yeah, I'll be waiting for 600 points or less now.

Didn't really know where to put this, but not Sale related:
Stay away from Renegade Ops on the x360. It looks like Sega compromised the audio quality to come under the 2gb size limit for xbox live.

If you look at the size on the PSN, it's well over 2gb, hence Sega must've used some compression and seems to have screwed up the sound throughout the game. It's not a constant problem, but you will hear crackling, and unexpected noises every so often. Shipwreck also mentioned some freezing on one of his postings, although I have no experienced that myself.

Wow, Orcs Must Die! is a lot of fun. Other than the art style and theme I really don't see the comparison to Dungeon Defenders. Tower Defense vs MMO--not the same. Can't wait for this game to go on sale. With Crimson Alliance's DLC coming next week and then Dungeon Defenders the week after I'm going to try to finish up Torchlight this week so I can be ready for those.

[quote name='dragonjud']Didn't really know where to put this, but not Sale related:
Stay away from Renegade Ops on the x360. It looks like Sega compromised the audio quality to come under the 2gb size limit for xbox live.

If you look at the size on the PSN, it's well over 2gb, hence Sega must've used some compression and seems to have screwed up the sound throughout the game. It's not a constant problem, but you will hear crackling, and unexpected noises every so often. Shipwreck also mentioned some freezing on one of his postings, although I have no experienced that myself.[/QUOTE]

That is truly disappointing to hear. I passed on the PSN Play because I wanted to play Renegade Ops on 360 and gameshare it with my brother to play with him online.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow, Orcs Must Die! is a lot of fun. Other than the art style and theme I really don't see the comparison to Dungeon Defenders. Tower Defense vs MMO--not the same. Can't wait for this game to go on sale. With Crimson Alliance's DLC coming next week and then Dungeon Defenders the week after I'm going to try to finish up Torchlight this week so I can be ready for those.[/QUOTE]

Neither of those two games is a Massive Multiplayer Online game (MMO).

[quote name='Tha Doc']Want to get in on the Shadow Complex deal next week but Deal of the Week is Gold exclusive isn't it?[/QUOTE]

yeah bro so you better pony up for some gold

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Wow, Orcs Must Die! is a lot of fun. Other than the art style and theme I really don't see the comparison to Dungeon Defenders. Tower Defense vs MMO--not the same. Can't wait for this game to go on sale. [/QUOTE]

They're both 3rd person Tower Defense games, based on using traps and combat to protect a crystal.

That's not the same?

Hmmm, Thinking of getting Magic, I bought it on steam about a year ago and only played through the tutorial and never got back to it...

[quote name='Solder']They're both 3rd person Tower Defense games, based on using traps and combat to protect a crystal.

That's not the same?[/QUOTE]

Maybe I misunderstood the nature of Dungeon Defenders? I thought it was a 4 player online RPG (more akin to Diablo). I use the term MMO for that type of game. At least since PSO.

Guess I will have to actually watch the gameplay videos. When I'm interested in a game I go dark and wait to play it when it comes out. This is a terrible blow to my anticipation for the game. :(

EDIT: Just watched a quick video of the game. Still looks like a lot of fun but not at all what I was expecting. There is DEFINITELY a lot of similarity to Orcs Must Die! It really is a shame the two are coming out so close to each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Chrono Gear']Maybe I misunderstood the nature of Dungeon Defenders? I thought it was a 4 player online RPG (more akin to Diablo). I use the term MMO for that type of game. At least since PSO.
[/QUOTE]

Phantasy Star Online isn't an MMO either. It's simply an RPG with online multiplayer. Sorry man, but you've got to work out your acronyms.

[quote name='eastx']Phantasy Star Online isn't an MMO either. It's simply an RPG with online multiplayer. Sorry man, but you've got to work out your acronyms.[/QUOTE]

PSO was an MMO for it's day. At least that's what we called it. But yes, by today's definition of an MMO it's definitely not. But a room filled with people was enough for us way back when. Online could not possibly support hundreds, if not thousands, of players like it can now.

[quote name='ACruncher']Mine too. :) Next hopefully Castle Crashers?[/QUOTE]
That's been on sale like two or three times already I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back