XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
Got Scott Pilgrim the last time it was on sale. If you can ignore that it has no online multiplayer (only local), then it's a pretty decent beat-'em-up, not to mention movie-based game.

Also, despite saying that it's available next week, the BBQ Chef pack for DR2: OTR is available now.

Dishwashe vampire smile is 400 pts. This is a sale price correct? I think it was 800. If someone posted already sorry. In a hurry.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Dishwashe vampire smile is 400 pts. This is a sale price correct? I think it was 800. If someone posted already sorry. In a hurry.[/QUOTE]

Current price shows at 800, which I guess is the original price. Strange given how many games are released at 1200 now a days.

Wow, week of 11/8 is all repeat games. Great time to pick up Shinobi or SP if you missed them.

... I guess when VS smiles I'll break my streak of no new content/games.

[quote name='MastrMeatWad']Dishwashe vampire smile is 400 pts. This is a sale price correct? I think it was 800. If someone posted already sorry. In a hurry.[/QUOTE]

Yep, that's the sale price. Glad they finally have a game I want on sale.

[quote name='drawingboard']Would it have killed them to include the Scott Pilgrim dlc? Christ.[/QUOTE]

THIS. The DLC should ALWAYS be on sale when the game itself is.... Microsoft no like my monies....

[quote name='utopianmachine']I haven't seen the movie, although I've given my stepfather the movie on DVD and all the manga. I'm thinking of borrowing the movie the next time I visit my parents. The demo was entertaining, I recall, and I'm sure it'll be more entertaining for only 400 points. :D[/QUOTE]

The movie was my last Netflix DVD. :cry:. Hoping to pick up the bluray on BF.

I also want to vouch for Deadliest Warrior as being dumb fun. Online community is still active(last I played). I think I grabbed it on impulse at 160pts. Anyone who wants to have some fun couch co-op that will end in alot of bickering about cheap tactics and possibly a real fist fight, grab it. :lol:

[quote name='drawingboard']Would it have killed them to include the Scott Pilgrim dlc? Christ.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It's not like another platform named Steam had Costume on Quest for cheaper than xbl did AND it included the dlc for free....

With Microsoft, sometimes it feels like a marriage. It works and you love it most of the time, but at times you get really pissed off at it. Then you see some hotty w/a better bod and great smile(Steam) and you can't help but sigh and wonder what if you left??

I know that sounds horrible and is a bad analogy, but with the deals Steam has and PSN+ running a promo where you buy a year and get Jurassic Park for free....I can't help but think I'm getting shafted. And I'm already committed to MS with 135k+ chievos and tons of games and arcade games, so no going back. It's like having kids and my family the wife. Oh what to do?!?! LOL

[quote name='Dustinator']Same here. It's not like another platform named Steam had Costume on Quest for cheaper than xbl did AND it included the dlc for free....

With Microsoft, sometimes it feels like a marriage. It works and you love it most of the time, but at times you get really pissed off at it. Then you see some hotty w/a better bod and great smile(Steam) and you can't help but sigh and wonder what if you left??

I know that sounds horrible and is a bad analogy, but with the deals Steam has and PSN+ running a promo where you buy a year and get Jurassic Park for free....I can't help but think I'm getting shafted. And I'm already committed to MS with 135k+ chievos and tons of games and arcade games, so no going back. It's like having kids and my family the wife. Oh what to do?!?! LOL[/QUOTE]

Buy points at a big discount. It's the emotional affair of your marriage analogy. Rather than the full on affair of leaving Microsoft.

[quote name='akilshohen']They should put up the 2nd Deadliest Warrior on sale instead.[/QUOTE]

This.

The first one has been on sale at least twice now.

[quote name='wmclark']I'll finally be picking up VS .... AND Risk Factions... I've resisted every time but omg... it has finally worked it's voodoo on me[/QUOTE]

I hope you're jjoking....if not, it's guys like you that ruin people's marriages

[quote name='Narsis84']The movie was my last Netflix DVD. :cry:. Hoping to pick up the bluray on BF.[/QUOTE]

FYI, it's pretty easy to find a pre-viewed copy of Scott Pilgrim on Blu-ray at Blockbuster, and they've been running a buy 5 for $20 sale for a while now (valid on titles $9.99 and lower). So, if you can find 4 others you want, it's essentially $4 for Scott Pilgrim. You ain't gonna beat that on Black Friday.

[quote name='Thrinn']A new character, Knives.[/QUOTE]It also adds 3 more achievements (50G total), plus 2 more modes, Battle Royale and Dodge Ball. They probably would've only made it 1/2 off since it's $2.

I'm getting really sick of seeing so many repeat sales but I'm sure some people will be happy about next weeks deals. It's just a shame when there are so many titles that have never seen a discount.

I don't remember, was there a black friday sale last year?

Yes shinobi. Loved that game on the sega. Automatic buy. They should include games that are 400 MSP on sale alittle bit more often. How is Deadilest Warrior? I played the demo but it was ok, does it get any better or what?

I might get Limbo, but it's gone on sale before and it will go on sale again. So I don't know. I think I might just wait for it to hit 400 points. Seems likely to get there at some point.

Getting The Dishwasher: VS I really enjoyed the first game and I heard the second one is better and more polished. Xbox.com need to update so I can put this in my queue.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Yes shinobi. Loved that game on the sega. Automatic buy. They should include games that are 400 MSP on sale alittle bit more often. How is Deadilest Warrior? I played the demo but it was ok, does it get any better or what?[/QUOTE]

You ever play Bushido Blade? That's basically what Deadliest Warrior is. Tries to be closer to a real scenario than wailing away at opponents who show no damage like in Soul Calibur.

So a fight can last 3 seconds or go on for awhile as you block and parry. It's fun for awhile and worth it for 200 points which is what I paid for it in a previous sale or for 400 points it's still a good deal.

Was the original Shinobi included on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? I believe that it was just Shinobi III. If that's true I would definitely be tempted to grab a great classic for 200 points that can live on my hard drive for quick plays.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Was the original Shinobi included on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? I believe that it was just Shinobi III. If that's true I would definitely be tempted to grab a great classic for 200 points that can live on my hard drive for quick plays.[/QUOTE]

You could unlock the original arcade game. The XBLA version is a fairly easy 200 achievement points.

[quote name='Gabrius']THIS. The DLC should ALWAYS be on sale when the game itself is.... Microsoft no like my monies....[/QUOTE]

I'm willing to bet that they sell a shitload of DLC at full price because people buying the game on sale justify the savings as a reason to buy the DLC. So while I agree with you, MS probably does this on purpose to sell more overpriced DLC.

[quote name='BingoBrown']FYI, it's pretty easy to find a pre-viewed copy of Scott Pilgrim on Blu-ray at Blockbuster, and they've been running a buy 5 for $20 sale for a while now (valid on titles $9.99 and lower).[/QUOTE]

You mean easy, as in easy if yours didn't close down and you don't have to drive 2 or more hours to one.

[quote name='gubmccargen']Was the original Shinobi included on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection? I believe that it was just Shinobi III. If that's true I would definitely be tempted to grab a great classic for 200 points that can live on my hard drive for quick plays.[/QUOTE]

This. The geneis 6-pak was the only game I had on my sega ( I was 5-6) and I played to death this, sonic, golden axe, and my favorite streets of rage 1. I bought every game that was on there on the xbox expect SOR because its the second and not the first. It was revenge of shinobi that was included on that, so i cant wait to play the first. Also Im the first one to ask but whats going to be this month's price reduction. Hopefully some arcade games go on sale (metal slug):pray:.

Now you're bringing back all the nostalgia. I must have beaten Golden Axe 35 times but I still would come back for another playthrough. Sometimes I would play it just to see the awesome credit sequence at the end where each enemy would make a curtain call with their ridiculous names over their heads. I was so disappointed that the free PSN+ version didn't have that. Was that a difference between the arcade and Genesis versions or something?

Yes, most every Sega downloadable game has extremely reasonable achievements/trophies. I like it.

[quote name='danstabbingworth']I'm willing to bet that they sell a shitload of DLC at full price because people buying the game on sale justify the savings as a reason to buy the DLC. So while I agree with you, MS probably does this on purpose to sell more overpriced DLC.[/QUOTE]

Proof positive that Microsoft doesn't know who exactly is buying all of this sale data.... because if they realized how much money they are losing out on, I guarantee this would change.

[quote name='Dustinator']Same here. It's not like another platform named Steam had Costume on Quest for cheaper than xbl did AND it included the dlc for free....

I know that sounds horrible and is a bad analogy, but with the deals Steam has and PSN+ running a promo where you buy a year and get Jurassic Park for free....I can't help but think I'm getting shafted. And I'm already committed to MS with 135k+ chievos and tons of games and arcade games, so no going back. It's like having kids and my family the wife. Oh what to do?!?! LOL[/QUOTE]

lol. I understand friend. I understand.

[quote name='Narsis84']Buy points at a big discount. It's the emotional affair of your marriage analogy. Rather than the full on affair of leaving Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Since it's not listed as part of the deal of the week perhaps Risk has finally gotten that permanent price drop it so desperately needs.[/QUOTE]

Chrono Gear, Risk Factions is gold only. I think it's the Family Pack deal. :(

[quote name='reddjoey']Thanks again Spylon for making it a little easier to run this thread.[/QUOTE]

:cool: My pleasure. I don't always have time to post deal summaries on xbldb.com so it's great to see that others are sharing the info.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Since it's not listed as part of the deal of the week perhaps Risk has finally gotten that permanent price drop it so desperately needs.[/QUOTE]

Price drops don't usually say "Gold exclusive" only right?

[quote name='Zonic505']It also adds 3 more achievements (50G total), plus 2 more modes, Battle Royale and Dodge Ball. They probably would've only made it 1/2 off since it's $2.[/QUOTE]

The game itself was DotW'd at half off 3 months after it came out (the week Scott Pilgrim came out on DVD/Blu). The Knives Chau DLC has been out for over 10 months now.
And why not offer more Scott Pilgrim stuff? There's buttloads more avatar items.

[quote name='Spylon']Chrono Gear, Risk Factions is gold only. I think it's the Family Pack deal. :([/QUOTE]

Blech. Hadn't checked for it on xbox.com just saw it listed as a price drop on your website. Ah well.

[quote name='Exu']Guys.

Guys.

When did we last have a decent sale? Because I honestly can't remember.[/QUOTE]

We did have that crazy awesome sale that had Outland for 400msp at the end of September. I know a month feels like a long time but relatively speaking it was pretty recent. But forget that and let's all look forward to a (hopefully) really good Black Friday sale. I'm looking at you, Trenched.

[quote name='Exu']Guys.

Guys.

They've pretty much switched to having small, mostly insignificant weekly deals and then having a decent big sale. So I imagine we are on hold until thanksgiving for anything decent.

Big sales that aren't gold exclusive.

The ends really aren't justifying the means with XBL membership anymore.

But yeah you're right about Outland. I was having a dig through the XBLA section recently, realised Gel and Yosumin have still never dropped.

I dunno. If Im able to buy 1 thing from the week's dotw is consider it a success. Next week, even though DW has been on sale many times before and even cheaper, Ill be buying shinobi and I cant wait for it.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Blech. Hadn't checked for it on xbox.com just saw it listed as a price drop on your website. Ah well.[/QUOTE]

I added gold prices to the list. It's small but there. Maybe I need badges or some graphic to make some details easier to identify.

[quote name='buckythekat']grabbed Vampire Smile

wish they'd put the first Dishwasher game on sale too[/QUOTE]

+1 I missed the sale on the first one and have been waiting ever since.

is there no DOTW? nothing is showing up where it's usually located on my dashboard

edit: nevermind, just read back a few pages. not sure why it isnt showing up on the dashboard for me.

still interested in limbo, but I've waited this long, I see it being 400 for black friday or holiday sale. i'd get deadliest warrior next week if it were the new one. so looks like nothing for me the next few weeks

[quote name='Exu']Guys.

Guys.

The thing I've noticed is that sales have slowly gotten worse (in my mind) because over the last 2 years I've picked up pretty much everything I've wanted on a DOTW sale previously. There's just not a whole lot of content left for Xbox to put on sale that I don't already have and still want, except for newer stuff but it usually takes 6 months for new stuff to go on sale. (Almost 7 for Vampire Smile which released April 6).

The only time I consider a sell to be "bad" is when it doesn't even have ONE new piece of content on sale and I consider them "AWFUL" when they are DLC sales for one specific game that have been on sale multiple times (SEE: BFBC2, Halo Games, COD Games, Fallout, Borderlands, etc)

As someone above said, if I can get one game per DOTW I consider the sale a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back