XBLA Sales| CLOSED THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
THREAD HAS MOVED TO HERE.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming Xbox Live Marketplace Sales for the US*. This include the Deal of the Week, Family Plan Sale Item, and any other sales or promotions. I have also included the upcoming Xbox Live Arcade releases. Most sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and some sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

[IMG-L=6565]17018[/IMG-L]
Xbox Live Deal of the Week:

11/8 - Legendary Warriors

XBLA:
-Deadliest Warrior: The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Scott Pilgrim The Game - 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic - Quick Look
-Shinobi - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

-Deadliest Warrior Samurai Helmet - 80 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Scott Pilgrim Guitar (Prop) - 120 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Family Gold Pack Deal:

Misc Sales:

?????? - Pets GOLD MEMBERS ONLY
-Cat (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off
-Pug Dog (Pet) - 160 Microsoft Points - 33% off

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='BingoBrown']Got Dance Central 1 & 2 in Target's B2G1 for about $60. Used the 240 MS points in each case to pay for the export of DC1 songs. Locked in the trade value for DC1 @ Amazon for $14, so that knocks it down to $46.[/QUOTE]
Amazingly, Amazon still wants DC1 copies for $14, so I locked in there as well. All in all, a decent value when you add in the dozens of songs from the Kinect Anniversary event. :)

[quote name='Artrigis']That is your site?
Thank you, Ive been looking for something like this. I wanted to see if some games I want to buy have gone on sale before, if they have how long ago, if there is a trend that makes game price drops predictable.[/QUOTE]

Artrigis,

You are welcome.

:cool:

The site is a hobby of mine so I don't get to work on it as much as I would like. The site scans xbox.com periodically and I maintain a very detailed database from the scans. If there is something interesting you would like to see let me know and if it's possible I can add it to my todo list. Not sure when it will get done but it'll be on the list. :)

[quote name='Spylon']Artrigis,

You are welcome.

:cool:

The site is a hobby of mine so I don't get to work on it as much as I would like. The site scans xbox.com periodically and I maintain a very detailed database from the scans. If there is something interesting you would like to see let me know and if it's possible I can add it to my todo list. Not sure when it will get done but it'll be on the list. :)[/QUOTE]

Can you add GFWL (Games For Windows Live) as well? That would be sweet!

[quote name='RollingSkull']No, XBLIG is a craphole. There's no pretending about it. No mindlessness about it. The only halfway decent stuff is lol retro gimmick platformers and BOY HOWDY INDIE GAMING DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH OF THOSE. That's why Sequence and Cthulu escaped that hellhole.

I'm just surprised Vorpal and Soulwhateverer haven't escaped to Steam yet. Those are about the only two (Soulsomethinger had two and Vorpal 2 approaches so technically four) worthwhile games.[/QUOTE]

The point I was making to whatever n00bs I first quoted to incite the Indie conversation is that you can get some great Indie games for the price of what is essentially wallpaper. I agree that there are a lot of shitty games, but people shouldn't dismiss the entire category just because a friend tried Avatar Butter-Churning and didn't like it. In my opinion, it's idiotic to spend $1+ on a digital fashion accessory that nobody really cares about when you could have the experience of playing Vorpal, or any other great Indie title. I would choose the experience the completely useless themes any day. Avatar clothing as well, because you can just unlock special outfits by playing games.

You were thinking of Soulcaster, by the way. That's a fun game. I doubt it'll get ported to Steam, but Your Doodles Are Bugged is on both, so you never know. If it does, I require moar content.

[quote name='Blade']The point I was making to whatever n00bs I first quoted to incite the Indie conversation is that you can get some great Indie games for the price of what is essentially wallpaper. I agree that there are a lot of shitty games, but people shouldn't dismiss the entire category just because a friend tried Avatar Butter-Churning and didn't like it. In my opinion, it's idiotic to spend $1+ on a digital fashion accessory that nobody really cares about when you could have the experience of playing Vorpal, or any other great Indie title. I would choose the experience the completely useless themes any day. Avatar clothing as well, because you can just unlock special outfits by playing games.

You were thinking of Soulcaster, by the way. That's a fun game. I doubt it'll get ported to Steam, but Your Doodles Are Bugged is on both, so you never know. If it does, I require moar content.[/QUOTE]

I briefly looked at all of the links of yours, none of those look very appealing to me, it may be that I have a rather large backlog so I feel rich in games, but I dont see wanting any of those games, I guess I want more production value in the types of games I play.

To me, it seems like the best indie games that are available, might be comparable to a good iphone game. And not comparable to arcade titles.

Blade, I tried pretty much all the games you mentioned. They all suck.

Actually, I really liked Monsters Probably Stole My Princess as a minigame and would have rather had that on Steam than Whos That Flying (WTF). Shoot 1up is good but I'm never going to play more than the demo of it. Most of the rest I hadn't tried or were lol retro gimmick platformers that did not impress.

[quote name='MechaGojira']So many positive comments about Dishwasher: VS that I just had to grab it! Darn you CAGers, you're supposed to be helping me save money![/QUOTE]

That is a slippery slope but true. I am here to save money but sometimes the sale and CAG recommendations does make me go "well, it's only 400MSP" but that has led me to some regret purchases like Kingdom for Keflings (nothing say fun like busy work) and Gatling Gears (the long sale droughts weaken my ability to resist when I already have MSP at the ready). However, I do love James Silva's Dishwasher: Vampire Smile. I found Vampire Smile to be one of my most favorite games of 2010, but I do recognize my taste in games is very odd and different from most (tend to like critically panned games, and higher chance to dislike critically acclaimed games; so I cannot recommend anything to anyone because of my taste in games is so different). Vampire Smile is actually fair even on the hardest difficulty, unlike its predecessor which was unfair on normal. I mentioned before my favorite track of the game, The Sunken March, on the game is so good, I left the game paused to hear it loop a few times. The song is so great to combo enemies to I wished the enemies would continually spawn more; totally badass music for asskicking. The creator/programmer/musician did offer the game's soundtrack up for "pay what you want" pricepoint on the studio's site, and I am guilted into donating one day.

Given all thing tend to conform to the 90% $#|+ to 10% stuff ratio (stuff doesn't imply good), the indie games channel does have a larger proportion of $#|+, but there are gems to be found. For me, again with my unique taste in games, I love a game there called Downtown Smash Dodgeball (it may be listed at the bottom of the "all" section if it is listed under its Japanese title; I cannot remember at this time). The game is a bit costly for an indie game at 800MSP, but I love it and purchased it anyway (better than my Keflings and GatGears purchases combined by milestones).

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']Ooh gee, an avatar baseball hat, how generous.[/QUOTE]

Yea, this "Promo" is so discusting, I think I am going to be sick. (and yes, not even bother looking up how to spell that word)
:puke:

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Crono-00']That is a slippery slope but true. I am here to save money but sometimes the sale and CAG recommendations does make me go "well, it's only 400MSP" but that has led me to some regret purchases like Kingdom for Keflings (nothing say fun like busy work) and Gatling Gears (the long sale droughts weaken my ability to resist when I already have MSP at the ready). However, I do love James Silva's Dishwasher: Vampire Smile. I found Vampire Smile to be one of my most favorite games of 2010, but I do recognize my taste in games is very odd and different from most (tend to like critically panned games, and higher chance to dislike critically acclaimed games; so I cannot recommend anything to anyone because of my taste in games is so different). Vampire Smile is actually fair even on the hardest difficulty, unlike its predecessor which was unfair on normal. I mentioned before my favorite track of the game, The Sunken March, on the game is so good, I left the game paused to hear it loop a few times. The song is so great to combo enemies to I wished the enemies would continually spawn more; totally badass music for asskicking. The creator/programmer/musician did offer the game's soundtrack up for "pay what you want" pricepoint on the studio's site, and I am guilted into donating one day.

Given all thing tend to conform to the 90% $#|+ to 10% stuff ratio (stuff doesn't imply good), the indie games channel does have a larger proportion of $#|+, but there are gems to be found. For me, again with my unique taste in games, I love a game there called Downtown Smash Dodgeball (it may be listed at the bottom of the "all" section if it is listed under its Japanese title; I cannot remember at this time). The game is a bit costly for an indie game at 800MSP, but I love it and purchased it anyway (better than my Keflings and GatGears purchases combined by milestones).[/QUOTE]

Kingdom of Keflings is addictively awesome.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Kingdom of Keflings is addictively awesome.[/QUOTE]

+1

I enjoyed my time with both keflings games and would enjoy a third if they make one.

Was totally looking forward to the sale on Scott Pilgrim, but now my account is on hold while they investigate the recent hacking (or unauthorized access as Microsoft likes to call it).

I will say, as long as I get re-credited my stuff (like the 125 bucks they spent and my base 1000 ms points) I think I will come out on top because then I will have gotten 15 gs from Fifa 12 for free, from them.

I never saw these discounted...

Carnival Games:
-Coasterama Pack - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off
-Monkey Dancin Pack - 200 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Kinect Sports:
-Calorie Challenge Pack - 160 Microsoft Points - 50% off - Metacritic

Kinect Labs:
-Kinect Sparkler - 80 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic

[quote name='stikman']I never saw these discounted...

Carnival Games:

Kinect Sports:

Kinect Labs:
-Kinect Sparkler - 80 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic[/QUOTE]

I think Coasterama was on for a couple of days. I really hate the way MS did this promo. It was sloppy and ill-executed.

I got both Carnival games DLCs on sale at different times but I had to keep checking it myself. I never saw the Sparkler go on sale except for the first few hours of when the whole sale started...

[quote name='Nico0020']99.9% of indie games are pure garbage, but there are so many things on indie games that the .1 percent is worth checking out. My two favorites are Kaiten Patissier and its sequel Ura Kaiten Patissier. They are great puzzle platformers. I HIGHLY suggest them.
[/QUOTE]I agree with you, I think there are actually only a few that I can honestly suggest.

Bub Block just came out and it's pretty fun, it's multiplayer only though.

[quote name='Kaltic']Was totally looking forward to the sale on Scott Pilgrim, but now my account is on hold while they investigate the recent hacking (or unauthorized access as Microsoft likes to call it).

I will say, as long as I get re-credited my stuff (like the 125 bucks they spent and my base 1000 ms points) I think I will come out on top because then I will have gotten 15 gs from Fifa 12 for free, from them.[/QUOTE]

I seriously don't know how Microsoft are keeping this hacking from becoming a bigger story. It's happening to a lot of people and there is obviously a leak somewhere.

[quote name='biledriver']I seriously don't know how Microsoft are keeping this hacking from becoming a bigger story. It's happening to a lot of people and there is obviously a leak somewhere.[/QUOTE]

Definitely. It actually happened to my brother and myself today, and it is easy enough to find a lot of cases online. I just wonder if it is a Microsoft or EA blunder, since almost all the cases include Fifa.

[quote name='Kaltic']Definitely. It actually happened to my brother and myself today, and it is easy enough to find a lot of cases online. I just wonder if it is a Microsoft or EA blunder, since almost all the cases include Fifa.[/QUOTE]

It's already been reported somewhere (very quietly, apparently) that it's EA's fault. FIFA opens some kind of security loophole in the Live servers. 'Tis odd that they haven't fixed it yet...

[quote name='stikman']I never saw these discounted...

Carnival Games:

Kinect Sports:

Kinect Labs:
-Kinect Sparkler - 80 Microsoft Points - 67% off - Metacritic[/QUOTE]

I picked up the calorie challenge pack when it was on sale the first week. And I shoulda got Sparkler when I saw it on the dash for 80 points :(

Also, I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but Kinect Sports Season 2: Calorie Challenge Pack #1 is FREE. I just downloaded it a few hours ago since I saw it show up in the game marketplace under add ons.

Has the AC: Brotherhood DLC gone on sale ever?
I grabbed the stuff for AC:2 when it went on sale recently and just beat Brotherhood this past weekend. Now I want the DLC.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I think the dotw prices are now live. Just got shinobi for 200 MSP[/QUOTE]

Yup. Just got Shinobi and Scott Pilgrim. And I decided to pick up Limbo and Vampire Smile also.

I've bought way too many dotw arcade games in the past couple months... Cruse all these good deals!!

[quote name='EYEL1NER']Has the AC: Brotherhood DLC gone on sale ever?
I grabbed the stuff for AC:2 when it went on sale recently and just beat Brotherhood this past weekend. Now I want the DLC.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe the Brotherhood DLC has gone on sale yet. Maybe during the Christmas sale?

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']Yup. Just got Shinobi and Scott Pilgrim. And I decided to pick up Limbo and Vampire Smile also.

I've bought way too many dotw arcade games in the past couple months... Cruse all these good deals!!

I don't believe the Brotherhood DLC has gone on sale yet. Maybe during the Christmas sale?[/QUOTE]

same here, too bad in my case i paid for price for them cause I coudnt wait any longer for them to go on sale.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']I think the dotw prices are now live. Just got shinobi for 200 MSP[/QUOTE]
Awesome, I just picked up Shinobi too.

[quote name='Kaltic']Was totally looking forward to the sale on Scott Pilgrim, but now my account is on hold while they investigate the recent hacking (or unauthorized access as Microsoft likes to call it).

I will say, as long as I get re-credited my stuff (like the 125 bucks they spent and my base 1000 ms points) I think I will come out on top because then I will have gotten 15 gs from Fifa 12 for free, from them.[/QUOTE]

Happened to me! Took about 3 weeks to fix and they gave me back my points and 2 1 month codes.

I feel for you. My friend finally got his Live account back a few days ago, along with all the MS Points stockpiled from sales we've found. It took a bit over 3 months for the account to be restored, and my friend was very disappointed to hear about Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes and Outland going on sale durring that period. I do not believe Fifa was involved in that hacking, but it is tragic to miss out on games at discounted prices when it is out of your control.

Like usual with my odd taste in games (tend to like critically panned games, and vice versa with critically acclaimed games), I did like the Scott Pilgrim game a lot. Opposed to Castle Crashers (which I really disliked, despite all the praise), I felt Scott Pilgrim had brawler mechanics done right. I am a big fan of brawlers, pixel art, chiptunes, and the original comic, thus the game spoke to my sensibilities. The only unfortunate aspect about the game is a lack of online capability. At 400MSP, I feel the quality to cost means the purchase holds value. However, the game had been on sale before so I am disapointed this week's deal doesn't cater to me.

I had resisted Deadliest Warrior when it was up for 160MSP. I know the comparison to the old Bushido Blade games, but even those old games I feel benefits from rose colored glasses of nostalgia. The Bushido Blade games benefitted from their newness at the time. I found the Deadliest Warrior show's evaluations/criterium/process flawed, so the licensed game I feel is diminished. The demo didn't impress me.

Here's to hoping for great Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals on Xbox Live.

Anyone know what the price drops are going to be for November? I looked through the last few pages, but didn't see anything.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']+1

I enjoyed my time with both keflings games and would enjoy a third if they make one.[/QUOTE]

They did make a third, it's on the PS3 called Akimi Village.

Scott Pilgrim is a pretty good deal for 400. I bought it before I even saw the movie just because the demo was so fun. It reminds me of a snes/sega era beat em up with a better storyline. 4 Player Online and Offline co-op. I ended up putting the movie on my netflix que after I beat the game lol.

[quote name='RiPPn']They did make a third, it's on the PS3 called Akimi Village.[/QUOTE]

Oh really? I might have to check it out. I've heard of the game but knew nothing about it.

[quote name='shinn']Are there no games coming on xbla?[/QUOTE]Only game coming tomorrow is Fusion: Genesis.

I'm still waiting for Sega to confirm a release date for Sonic CD aside from Dec.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']+1

I enjoyed my time with both keflings games and would enjoy a third if they make one.[/QUOTE]

Go buy the DLC for World of Keflings now.

It's a fun 2hrs.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Go buy the DLC for World of Keflings now.

It's a fun 2hrs.[/QUOTE]

I totally should too. It probably won't ever go on sale but my inner CAG is always hesitant.

[quote name='ZombiesWorld']I don't believe the Brotherhood DLC has gone on sale yet. Maybe during the Christmas sale?[/QUOTE]
Hopefully.

[quote name='RiPPn']They did make a third, it's on the PS3 called Akimi Village.[/QUOTE]

Except, I'd describe Akimi Village has being more like a half-step between Kingdom For Keflings and World Of Keflings. World Of has gameplay advances that Akimi Village doesn't have, which might make it feel like a step backward to someone who is used to things like, say, the Kefling assistants that help carry building parts for you.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']I totally should too. It probably won't ever go on sale but my inner CAG is always hesitant.[/QUOTE]

Bought it day of release. Remembered how much I really enjoyed the Keflings games. I took my time and walked away to do things around the house as needed and ended up finishing it 100% in 2hrs, 8 minutes.

I figure if I wanted to, it could be done in about 1hr.

Given that is was only 320 points, I figured it wasn't a huge loss if it ever DOES go on sale.

[quote name='eastx']It's already been reported somewhere (very quietly, apparently) that it's EA's fault. FIFA opens some kind of security loophole in the Live servers. 'Tis odd that they haven't fixed it yet...[/QUOTE]

Well I know an informal poll of hacked people at Gamefaqs found that pretty much everybody who got hacked seemed to use the same password when they signed up for anything EA as their Xbox live one.

So as a public service announcement, if you did that you might want to change both passwords just in case that is the loophole.

Yea worst case scenario the DLC would drop 160 msp so I'd only burn an extra $2. When I finish Dungeon Defenders I might go ahead and pick up the DLC.

[quote name='biledriver']Well I know an informal poll of hacked people at Gamefaqs found that pretty much everybody who got hacked seemed to use the same password when they signed up for anything EA as their Xbox live one.

So as a public service announcement, if you did that you might want to change both passwords just in case that is the loophole.[/QUOTE]
Yeah that's what it seems to be-- the EA accounts were compromised, and anyone who had the same password for Live got that account hacked too.

[quote name='Ciffy']Anyone know what the price drops are going to be for November? I looked through the last few pages, but didn't see anything.[/QUOTE]
It could be these, but we haven't received "official" word from Microsoft

Games on Demand
Mortal Kombat vs DC - 2400 MSP > 1600 MSP
Fable III - 3200 MSP > 2400 MSP
Halo Reach - 4800 MSP > 3200 MSP

Also, I picked up Costume Quest over a year ago when it was on sale for the first time at 600 points, and I finally got around to playing & beating it during Halloween. Such a fun little game......I splurged and picked up the Grubins on Ice DLC for 400 points. Double Fine deserves my money after that wonderful game :D

[quote name='byeatman']Anybody know if the xbla version of shinobi is the same as the Ultimate Genesis Version (the arcade one)?[/QUOTE]

I've played both, and they seem identical to me. Of course, the obvious difference is the XBLA version has its own 200 Gamerscore.

BTW - If you have't played the original Shinobi in a long time, you're probably going to hate it. I did. I can't believe I used to love it. Nostalgia is a ruthless b*tch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back