XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

I knew this game would be 1200 points, so that means no sale for me. I understand why they're charging a "premium" amount, but I'm not supporting that nonsense.

[quote name='RudyPants']I knew this game would be 1200 points, so that means no sale for me. I understand why they're charging a "premium" amount, but I'm not supporting that nonsense.[/quote]

Welcome to the minority, i predict this game will outsell hyper fighting and will have superior netcode in comparison to sf4. I think most of the die hards were expecting 1600pts, so 1200 is a welcome price.

Anyone that wants to kick my blue blanka ass later this week - please add me as a friend. I would much rather get beaten by a CAG than by some racist, homophobic 12 year-old on Live.

I can't wait for this game, I just need to get an arcade stick now.

[quote name='MarkMan']As of right now, the 360 only has one option...

Hori EX2 (Dead or Alive 4, VF5, SC4 stick, they're all the same)... In December, the Hori Real Arcade PRO EX is coming out, preorders are now open on Amazon. It is a higher quality arcade stick with a Sanwa stick and quick disconnect buttons.

If you want to wait until Feb. The official SF4 arcade sticks/controllers will be out and the premium will have the exact same components as in the official SF4 arcade setup (Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK-W, Sanwa OBSF-30-W)...

It's up to you. I don't want to sound biased, but I would wait. You can buy a cheap stick now and just get rid of it later.[/QUOTE]

Thanks mark! I am just going to wait and see.

Thak

[quote name='hufferstl']Anyone that wants to kick my blue blanka ass later this week - please add me as a friend. I would much rather get beaten by a CAG than by some racist, homophobic 12 year-old on Live.[/quote]

Just a reminder to all, I made a sliver account named CAG SSF2THDR so the CAGs could add that to their friends list and make it easier to find other CAGs to play with.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']Just a reminder to all, I made a sliver account named CAG SSF2THDR so the CAGs could add that to their friends list and make it easier to find other CAGs to play with.[/quote]

I added that tag. I'll be willing to play a lot (once I get back into the old school sf groove :) )

How many times have I chose Guile in HF, only for someone to leave their Ken/Ryu pick, and pick Blanka/Honda? Yay, I might actually be able to play Guile against the ENTIRE CAST now, WOHOO! Thanks blind selection!

The "SNK Motions" for Zangief/Hawk almost makes me wish there was a new grappler character, lol. Z and H now have super throw motions that are just like Shermie in KoF! Now if only either of them where half as interesting to look at as her...

Looking forward to giving too many old characters new chances... XD

I'm getting this next Tuesday. Man... I am a tool. CURSE YOU CAPCOM AND YOUR CONSTANT RE-RELEASING OF STREET FIGHTER II!!!

After reading that Blog and ALL that they added to the game all the way to counting frames and dipswitches is amazing. Makes me feel sad for the people who bought SF2HF on XBLA when it came out for 1200 micropoints. I almost did, but didn't so I'll consider HD REMIX basically free.

And it gives me super high hopes that Capcom will remake Marvel vs Capcom 2 for XBLA.

ahhh Captain America, Spiderman, Wolverine, vs. Magneto, Omega Red, Ryu

3 vs 3 tag team game play = awesome and since it was a CPS3 mainboard game the animations are double or tripple the amount of SF2 Turbo with tripple the characters.

[quote name='Ice Cold']After reading that Blog and ALL that they added to the game all the way to counting frames and dipswitches is amazing. Makes me feel sad for the people who bought SF2HF on XBLA when it came out for 1200 micropoints. I almost did, but didn't so I'll consider HD REMIX basically free.

And it gives me super high hopes that Capcom will remake Marvel vs Capcom 2 for XBLA.

3 vs 3 tag team game play = awesome and since it was a CPS3 mainboard game the animations are double or tripple the amount of SF2 Turbo with tripple the characters.[/quote]

It was 800 points.

MVC2 is coming to XBLA.

[quote name='Ice Cold']People with PS3's are playing HD REMIX as we speak. WTF? gives with this 1 day delay?[/QUOTE]

Is it up on the PSN already?

Here's the lowdown on why this is, shecky. Take a powder and listen:

XBL updates on Wednesdays.

PSN updates on Thursdays, except during weeks where holidays fall on Thursdays.

There's a holiday this Thursday. We celebrate our colonial heritage. And by 'colonial,' I mean our heritage of seizing land and declaring it as our own based on some foolhardy notion of divine right.

But that's neither here nor there. PSN updates on Tuesday this week, so now you have to wait a whole 24 hours to play a game that PSN users are (though realistically it'll be like an 8 hour difference since PSN updates are usually late in the day and XBL updates early in the morning); PSN users have to wait 24-48 hours longer every week for the same stuff on XBL. Big fuckin' deal. Go snuggle on your crying towel until Wednesday morning if it matters that much to you.

EDIT: MvC2? Got confirmation of that, Trakan?

Hit boxes and dipswitches additions are amazing, along with all the other stuff. I can't wait to show my older brothers this on Thanksgiving. They were in high school during the Street Fighter II explosion when everyone was in the arcades so they're going to go nuts.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but for the 9 colors it should be..
-Jab
-Strong
-Fierce
-Short
-Forward
-Roundhouse
-Punch x 3
-Kick x 3
-Any button (hold for 3 seconds)

At least thats how I remember it worked.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Someone correct me if I'm wrong but for the 9 colors it should be..
-Jab
-Strong
-Fierce
-Short
-Forward
-Roundhouse
-Punch x 3
-Kick x 3
-Any button (hold for 3 seconds)

At least thats how I remember it worked.[/QUOTE]I think it was:
- the six attack buttons
- start
- hold any button
- hold any two buttons
- another color if you just let time run out

my memory is foggy though!

[quote name='Ice Cold']After reading that Blog and ALL that they added to the game all the way to counting frames and dipswitches is amazing. Makes me feel sad for the people who bought SF2HF on XBLA when it came out for 1200 micropoints. I almost did, but didn't so I'll consider HD REMIX basically free.

3 vs 3 tag team game play = awesome and since it was a CPS3 mainboard game the animations are double or tripple the amount of SF2 Turbo with tripple the characters.[/quote]

umm... NO

Marvel vs. Capcom 2 was a Naomi ROM cart, basically a dreamcast system in the arcade.

CPS3 was for Street Fighter 3 and JoJo Bizaro....

[quote name='depascal22']When will this go live? I might stay up tonight just so I can download it while I'm sleeping.[/quote]

I find stuff shows up anywhere from 2-4 AM CST.

I am staying up till midnight who will join me?

and the Day MvC2 comes out on XBLA, I will be missing for 48 hours hopefully no one reports me as kidnapped.

Its a freakin shame Microsoft refuses to fix the glitches and bugs on the Disk based MvC2 backwards compatability on the 360.

I think its a Conspiracy how they won't fix the Mega Man Xbox 1 games won't fix the Metal Slug games

its like they refuse to or have some deal where Capcom and SNK are telling them don't add these as BC. Because we want gamers to re-buy DLC based copies

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I find stuff shows up anywhere from 2-4 AM CST.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ice Cold']I am staying up till midnight who will join me?
[/quote]

Idiot.

major problem found. I just heard the HD Remix announcer he sounds like a total jerk 20 year old trying to make his voice sound deep. Lame what was wrong with the gruff sounding Aracde voice. Example

He pronounced "Ryu Wins" as "Ree-u Wins" not "Rii-u Wins" for heaves sake 14 years people We all know its "Rii-u"

Thats HD REMIX pronouncing "Reee-u wins" will irk me bad.

on a side note Soul Calibur 4 was utter garbage, cheap ring outs and small fighting arena, MK vs DC is a far better fighter.

But it seems like Fighters these days are all about "Gimmic" and selling out

Street Fighter Capcom lead the way by Partnering with MARVEL (awesome game)
Soul Calibur ruined itself years ago. Link, Spawn Yoda Darth Vader guest characters
Dead or Aline 4 Master Chief Seriously"? lame
Mortal Kombat licenced DC Characters Batman etc second best to Capcom Marvel.

from a gameplay persepective nothing beats Street Fighter Alpha Anthology on a PS3 via BC. Also Street Fighter Alpha MAX 3 on PSP is awesome.

sorry for the rant. I lose control when talking about the fighter genre.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It got rated by the ESRB and a placeholder was put up on parternet.[/QUOTE]

Earthbound's VC release is on the VC too. And so has NES Pro Wrestling, since the fuckin' *launch* of the Wii, IIRC. ESRB is reliable, but only so much so.

7) Double-blind character selection online. When you’re playing online, don’t you hate it when your opponent refuses to pick a character until the last possible moment because he’s trying to make you pick first? He wants to see who you pick so he can pick the best character to beat yours. In HD Remix, all online play has double-blind character selection. That means that you cannot see who your opponent picked or even where his character selection box is until both of you finish picking your characters. Now there’s no reason to stall on this screen, you might as well just pick your character right away.

It about freaking time!

I'm excited about 6-person rooms! 2 active players and 4 spectators. Have they mentioned any special modes for switching out the players (loser stays, "quarter match," etc)???

The double blind character selection is awesome. Hyper Fighting sucked in this aspect cause you could re-pick your character. It's annoying to see someone pick a character I do good against only to have them cancel it and pick someone I hate fighting against.

Any word on how they're dealing with drop outs? I hope they make it so they count as a lose. You don't know how many times I'll play people better than me where I squeak out a win only to have the jerk quit.

I just went through and added a bunch of you to the CAG SSF2THDR silver account. If I missed you, sorry.

If anyone else wants to be added to the list, just add it as a friend and I'll accept it.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']I just went through and added a bunch of you to the CAG SSF2THDR silver account. If I missed you, sorry.

If anyone else wants to be added to the list, just add it as a friend and I'll accept it.[/quote]

I don't understand how we're going to match up using that account? That's a duplicate account for you right? Not your main one? Is that a friend or some kind of room or what? I'd like to get in for sure...

Is anyone else more excited about SF2:HD Remix than SFIV? :D

just unloaded some GamingLagoon credit to get Xbox points for this! Haven't had any luck with that site in a while, but thankfully I already had 30 points sitting there so I put 'em to good use!

wish I had my custom stick ready (still in the planning stage), but even on a crippled pad I'll be more than happy to get in on this tomorrow!

[quote name='PhrostByte']I don't understand how we're going to match up using that account? That's a duplicate account for you right? Not your main one? Is that a friend or some kind of room or what? I'd like to get in for sure...

Is anyone else more excited about SF2:HD Remix than SFIV? :D[/quote]

Once you have the account on your friends list, just select it and choose view friends. Then you can see all of the CAGs who added that tag as a friend.

[quote name='Rodimus']The double blind character selection is awesome. Hyper Fighting sucked in this aspect cause you could re-pick your character. It's annoying to see someone pick a character I do good against only to have them cancel it and pick someone I hate fighting against.

Any word on how they're dealing with drop outs? I hope they make it so they count as a lose. You don't know how many times I'll play people better than me where I squeak out a win only to have the jerk quit.[/quote]

In the comments he said you get a lose for disconnecting.

I didn't see it posted in this thread, but Capcom will be releasing another special edition like they did for Mega Man 9:
http://capcom-unity.com/snow_infern...per_turbo_hyper_champion_special_edition_pack
:drool:

Also, I love the Guile avatar on the CAG SSF2THDR gamertag. :lol:

[quote name='yukine']Also, I love the Guile avatar on the CAG SSF2THDR gamertag. :lol:[/quote]

Thanks, I was trying to make something that would fit in with the gamertag.

bread's done
Back