XBLA - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - 1200pts

[quote name='buttasuperb']I don't know what Ice Cold is babbling about[/QUOTE]
This applies to every single one of his posts. I never found anyone annoying enough to ignore because usually it ends up pretty funny when other posters react, but this guy is pushing it.

[quote name='buttasuperb']I don't know what Ice Cold is babbling about, but Super Turbo is widely regarded as one of the best fighting games of all time. Regardless of how many frames of animation it has.

Anyways, as much as I love Alpha 2...

Super Turbo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Alpha series

easily

Can't wait for this game.

PS. Air blocking sucks

PPS. The PS3 dpad could be a billion percent better than the 360's and it would still be garbage. (for fighting games)[/QUOTE]I might actually like the Alpha series a little more than ST (opinion!)... but there is no question that the tournament scene for ST has remained far more active than that of the Alpha series (fact!).

There are some flaws to you logic, Ice...

[quote name='Ice Cold']I am still on the fence about this game. Will I be buying every remake the decide to release? Not to hyped about the game selection either c'mon. [/quote]

Capcom hasn't remade a Street Fighter in YEARS. It's not like they bring out mini-updates every year or 2 now. They did BEFORE in the Championship Edition / Turbo Days, and I suppose you could consider Alpha 3 MAX a revision, too, but it's really not that common.

If Capcom made more remakes, and they where as well made as this one is going to be, then for a small price like this, yeah, it'd be worth it for a lot of us.

[quote name='Ice Cold'] they should have remade something from the Alpha series Far superior animation, art style, and the Alpha series gameplay improvements and additions have made it into Street Fighter 4 the Alpha series really evolved Street Fighter and by every measure its a better selection. air blocks, parrys, air recovery, combos you name it.[/quote]

You have any idea how expensive it'd be for them to remake something as detailed as Alpha? Yes, superior animation and style would be even harder, and more costly, to re-make.

And as much as you believe Alpha improved on SF, not everyone agrees. There is a reason Alpha ideas/characters are "guest" in Street Fighter IV, and Super Turbo ideas and characters are the main focus. "Over Complication" of fighters is one of the biggest reasons people believe Fighters fell out of favor. Simple-yet-deep gameplay appeals to a wider audience, and with all the "casuals" appearing now, games that THEY can play, as well as the "(hard)core" gamers, have a higher potential for success.

SF was at it's commercial height at the "Turbo" days. It had the largest fanbase, was played by the largest amount of people. You know how many times Capcom has mentioned on it's blog, that it wants old fans to return to SF through IV and HDR? Remaking Alpha would NOT achieve this, unfortunately.

[quote name='Ice Cold'] Best solution. go get a copy of this if you can find one HOPE your PS3 has Backwards Compatability Hook it up to an SDTV Yes I said SDTV. Via Componenet or S-Video and Enjoy. at least teh PS3's D-pad is 100% better than the 360's

http://www.scubb.com/images/products/PS2 street fighter anthology_box.jpg
[/quote]

You do know this is the 360 thread, right? Anywho, most of us have played all/most of the old SF games, and we're happy for this game because, hey, guess what, we want THIS game. Anthology is awesome, yes. I own it on PS2 and 360 myself. But it's no HD remix. All the new strats you'll be able to work up in HDR, are NOT possible or plausible with Anniversary. That's like saying "Instead of getting Super Turbo, go buy Championship edition!"

[quote name='Ice Cold'] Or this But I wasn't a huge fan of Third Strikes Roster, but the gameplay and Animations are pure perfection.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=986dD8QCWnU&feature=related[/quote]

Played it, Still play it NOW, Still want HD Remix.

You want a good barometer for how much THIS game is worth it? Look up the "HYPE!" on Shoryuken.com for it. If that doesn't help you understand the ramifications that HDR's netcode and Remix mode could have on SFII and the Fighting game scene in general, then this game is just a lost cause to you.

I think it might be best to just ignore Ice Cold for right now. If MarkMan came out and said it's not worth 1200 points, I might think about not getting it. Why would I listen to some guy that just joined this month? I know it sounds arrogant but I don't like being lectured by people I'm not even familiar with. Hell, he might be JEKKI's doppleganger that we played Gears with on Wednesday night.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Goodeye']I will be getting this day one......[/quote]

How dare you copy off my Xbox thing?

[quote name='BustaUppa']I might actually like the Alpha series a little more than ST (opinion!)... but there is no question that the tournament scene for ST has remained far more active than that of the Alpha series (fact!).[/quote]

I like Alpha as well... I doubt ANYONE remembers this but I was around when someone hacked Callus to play Street Fighter Zero. It was a CPS1 emulator and some guy released a hack that allowed it to play CPS-Changer games, and SFZ was released as a CPS-Changer game. You had to name it as rockmanj.zip. I played the SHIT out of that game... Alpha 2 is my favorite though. Specifically Zero 2 Alpha (the one on the SFAA disc and was only released in Asia). My second favorite is definitely SSF2T though...

I don't think Ice Douche realizes that SF2:HD Remix will probably be the most polished game ever released. I mean seriously, how many times has this game been revised? Like about 8 official builds and a billion transitional ones?

Well I may still get it considering I saved myself 1200 points by NOT buying hyper fighting on XBLA and Resisted everyone telling me to buy Castle Crashers.

I'm jumping in.

after it launches within 6 months which would be close to E3 2009 or way before we will see either Screen shots of Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD REMIX or Alpha 3 Max HD REMIX.

these are games that came out on the PS1 and in Alphas case I think the SNES. Capcom better get moving.

And I will let the UDON Art style pass for HD Remix. But if they DARE change art styles of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 or Alpha. Its gonna get ugly. A few car bombs might need to be placed to send a message.

What's cooler than being cool?!?!?!

It is pretty silly to tell a crowd of people who have been playing ST for 14 years that they will "get bored" of HD Remix after playinig two rounds...

I derive a strange entertainment value from watching this unfold, however. :p
[quote name='Ice Cold']And I will let the UDON Art style pass for HD Remix. But if they DARE change art styles of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 or Alpha. Its gonna get ugly. A few car bombs might need to be placed to send a message.[/QUOTE]I don't think you'll have anything to worry about... just think of how long it took them to finally get HD Remix out. The amount of work it would take to redraw the immense MvC2 roster would be ridiculous. I doubt it would ever happen! At most I'd say we get a Puzzle Fighter-style upscaling.

[quote name='Ice Cold']After it launches within 6 months which would be close to E3 2009 or way before we will see either Screen shots of Marvel vs Capcom 2 HD REMIX or Alpha 3 Max HD REMIX.[/quote]

I don't really care about MvC2 but any console version of Alpha 3 MAX would be appreciated.. especially an HD Remix. :bouncy:

Well at least a properly working version sold on XBLA Aracde for $15 bucks 1200 Microsoft points. Because paying $60 used for it at Gamestop is absurd.

You are so right about how long it would take to do an HD REMIX of Marvel vs Capcom 2 I didn't think of that ouch 2011 if they start today maybe.

It does not work right on the 360 via Backwards Compatability. Even if they don't give it the HD REMIX Treatment. I would be happy with some filters to reduce the jaggies.

Or anything.

Thankfully I have Alpha Anthology or the PS3 via Component to keep me happy. 480p on an HD Tube TV.

And Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 on my PSP 2000.

As a back up, I would love MVC2 on XBLA even if it wasn't HD REMIX I have 360 Component MOnster Cables. Yes I said Monster Cables I know this is CAG and I can be Ban just for mentioning Monster cables but hear me out, I got them as CompUSA was going out of bisiness, for $10. and there is a noteable improvement.

Especially if you are trying to play SD games like Xbox 1 or something thats non HD.

Best possible TV for Gaming HD or SD gaming Hands down its a TUBE HDTV. Colors and Black levels surpass even teh best $5,000 Sony LCD's Bravias.

Managed to grab one at Best Buy on clearance a few years ago for $399 CRT Tubes far surpass and LCD's or Plasmas. And NO BURN IN. Or ghosting or blur.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-30HF66-Upconverting-Widescreen-Pure/dp/B000F0DC32

[quote name='Ice Cold']Well at least a properly working version sold on XBLA Aracde for $15 bucks 1200 Microsoft points. Because paying $60 used for it at Gamestop is absurd.

You are so right about how long it would take to do an HD REMIX of Marvel vs Capcom 2 I didn't think of that ouch 2011 if they start today maybe.

It does not work right on the 360 via Backwards Compatability. Even if they don't give it the HD REMIX Treatment. I would be happy with some filters to reduce the jaggies.

Or anything.

Thankfully I have Alpha Anthology or the PS3 via Component to keep me happy. 480p on an HD Tube TV.

And Street Fighter Alpha Max 3 on my PSP 2000.

As a back up, I would love MVC2 on XBLA even if it wasn't HD REMIX I have 360 Component MOnster Cables. Yes I said Monster Cables I know this is CAG and I can be Ban just for mentioning Monster cables but hear me out, I got them as CompUSA was going out of bisiness, for $10. and there is a noteable improvement.

Especially if you are trying to play SD games like Xbox 1 or something thats non HD.

Best possible TV for Gaming HD or SD gaming Hands down its a TUBE HDTV. Colors and Black levels surpass even teh best $5,000 Sony LCD's Bravias.

Managed to grab one at Best Buy on clearance a few years ago for $399 CRT Tubes far surpass and LCD's or Plasmas. And NO BURN IN. Or ghosting or blur.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-30HF66-Upconverting-Widescreen-Pure/dp/B000F0DC32[/quote]

I really don't see how you can complain about SSF2T being coded on CPS-2 hardware when every version of SFA came out on CPS-2 hardware as well (SFZ3U is Japan only.)

Oh yeah I think my HDMI cables for $3 beats your component cables for $10. :p

Oh yeah and you're retarded if you think your POS CRT beats $5,000 Bravia's.. I used to have a 30" EDTV CRT and my new 42" 1080p LCD destroys it.

We have Hyper Fighting which sold well for $10. And that's a 15 year old game. I think $15 for a HD version is damn worth it.

Too little, Too late, Too expensive. With SFIV not to far away, 15$ is to much for me to waste time with this game. I find myself really cheap when it comes to XBLA games but they away seem to be just a few MS point to many.

PS. yes I did get a ton of free points from that dream challenge thing and I still refuse to use them.

[quote name='Pure Apathy']IGN review is up: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/932/932390p1.html

I can't wait for this. My birthday is next Saturday, so this is like an early present to me :)[/quote]

My B-day's coming up also so I got a buddy who's gonna buy it for me. Of course I can't complain about the price.

And I agree with danked, it is too late when you start comparing it to the up coming SFIV. But the games been pushed back so far I don't think any of us expected it to be this late when we first heard about it a year and a half ago.

[quote name='depascal22']RegalSin2020, is that you?[/QUOTE]
:lol:

I actually think its possible his full user name is Ice Cold Pepsi. +20 cool points for those who understand the reference.

... Really? Getting a SF in November is too late, because there is one coming out mid/late February too?

I could agree if they where a week or 2 apart, but that's sizable time. Enough to get a wonderful feel for the Remix, make some new friends, beat some old ones, find your comfortable characters, explore the less-comfortable ones... I actually kinda like the idea that I'll be able to jump into SFIV while the HDR still feels fairly fresh and relevant.

An HDTV Tube CRT based TV will destroy even the most expensive LCD or Plasma to date date period.

OF course HDTV Tube CRT TV's are no longer made. There were a few last models like the 30" Toshiba and a 34" Sony XBR but thats it

try heading over to the AVS forums and some real TV pros will educate you see how many peolple wish they had a 34" Sony HD Tube

For gaming purposes you can not find a better display.

#1. Colors
#2. no ghosting or blur
#3. Black levels
#4. Plays perfectly sharp in 480p 720p or 1080i mode (Sorry no 1080p) you got me there Plasma.

And Unlike LCD's or Plasma, Regular SD channels TV don't look like crap or as if your wearing prescription glasses coated with light smear of vaseline.

I will admit some Plasmas and LCDs have great picture quality. in 1080p mode which mine can't do.

http://www.av-outlet.com/en-us/dept_335.html

try and make sure your new LCD or Plasma has the DCDI spec and have alot of jaggies a problem I see on alot of LCD's and Plasmas

[quote name='Ice Cold']An HDTV Tube CRT based TV will destroy even the most expensive LCD or Plasma to date date period.

OF course HDTV Tube CRT TV's are no longer made. There were a few last models like the 30" Toshiba and a 34" Sony XBR but thats it

try heading over to the AVS forums and some real TV pros will educate you see how many peolple wish they had a 34" Sony HD Tube

For gaming purposes you can not find a better display.

#1. Colors
#2. no ghosting or blur
#3. Black levels
#4. Plays perfectly sharp in 480p 720p or 1080i mode (Sorry no 1080p) you got me there Plasma.

And Unlike LCD's or Plasma, Regular SD channels TV don't look like crap or as if your wearing prescription glasses coated with light smear of vaseline.

I will admit some Plasmas and LCDs have great picture quality. in 1080p mode which mine can't do.

http://www.av-outlet.com/en-us/dept_335.html

try and make sure your new LCD or Plasma has the DCDI spec and have alot of jaggies a problem I see on alot of LCD's and Plasmas[/quote]

You do realize that jaggies are the result of precise picture implementation? Software is responsible for jaggies and if your POS CRT doesn't display them, it's because they're getting blurred. I'll go enjoy my 42" 1080p thank you.

I can't wait for this to come out ! And as for Marvel vs capcom 2 wasn't there rumors it was coming out for xbla?

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 IMO is the greatest 2D fighter OF ALL TIME

Ice Code, it may well be that tube tv's have several factors that beat out LCDs and Plasmas. I have a Toshiba CRT HDTV in my bedroom. But it is blown out of the water by my 60" HDTV. Size matters a lot, the bigger the better. I feel more immersed in the games and movies on a much bigger screen, rather than nit-picking a few very minor details. HT guys are just so uptight about every tiny little flaw that most people would never even notice.

If tube HDTVs are so bloody fantastic, why did they stop making them, hmmm?

Oops, SFTHDR thread. I'm buying Day One for 1200 mspoints.

[quote name='BoneMonkey80']I can't wait for this to come out ! And as for Marvel vs capcom 2 wasn't there rumors it was coming out for xbla?

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 IMO is the greatest 2D fighter OF ALL TIME[/quote]

As far as 2D fighters go.. Midway, Capcom, SNK, whatever... MvC2 is probably my least favorite... I kind of liked MvC1 but like MSHvSF more... different strokes I guess.

[quote name='gordojones88']Ice Code, it may well be that tube tv's have several factors that beat out LCDs and Plasmas. I have a Toshiba CRT HDTV in my bedroom. But it is blown out of the water by my 60" HDTV. Size matters a lot, the bigger the better. I feel more immersed in the games and movies on a much bigger screen, rather than nit-picking a few very minor details. HT guys are just so uptight about every tiny little flaw that most people would never even notice.

.[/quote]
He can go enjoy his POS 30" CRT.. I'm quite happy with my 42" 1080p LCD.

[quote name='gordojones88']Ice Code, it may well be that tube tv's have several factors that beat out LCDs and Plasmas. I have a Toshiba CRT HDTV in my bedroom. But it is blown out of the water by my 60" HDTV. Size matters a lot, the bigger the better. I feel more immersed in the games and movies on a much bigger screen, rather than nit-picking a few very minor details. HT guys are just so uptight about every tiny little flaw that most people would never even notice.

.[/quote]
He can go enjoy his POS 30" CRT.. I'm quite happy with my 42" 1080p LCD.

[quote name='Ice Cold']An HDTV Tube CRT based TV will destroy even the most expensive LCD or Plasma to date date period.
[/QUOTE]

Almost everything you've said has been kinda dumb-really dumb. This comment strikes me the most... Some people appreciate the blacker blacks of CRT HDTVs but those things weigh a million pounds, generate a ton of heat, and top out at a tiny 34 inches. That technology is on its way out, never to return. Try to keep some perspective.

[quote name='Young Deezy']Another 1200pt game? WTFWTFWTF![/quote]

Please note the fact that we've been getting a torrent of 200 to 800 point community games since the premiere of NXE.

Also note that this 1200 point game is probably going to be 2x, 4x, or even more time larger than almost anything we got back in the 400 / 800-only point days. This is, after all, a game they had to fight for a size increase for, and had to redo the art of, after having already produced a bunch of art that they ended up throwing out.

The Community games really help give us a wide variety of games for low prices, but I also think it might push big publishers towards making more complete (and yes, hence, more expensive) games in the future for the DL markets... (Requisite Request: Treasure, make Guardian Heroes HD! Sega, Old and New Shining Forces! Get to it!)

[quote name='SAB-CA']Please note the fact that we've been getting a torrent of 200 to 800 point community games since the premiere of NXE.

Also note that this 1200 point game is probably going to be 2x, 4x, or even more time larger than almost anything we got back in the 400 / 800-only point days. This is, after all, a game they had to fight for a size increase for, and had to redo the art of, after having already produced a bunch of art that they ended up throwing out.

The Community games really help give us a wide variety of games for low prices, but I also think it might push big publishers towards making more complete (and yes, hence, more expensive) games in the future for the DL markets... (Requisite Request: Treasure, make Guardian Heroes HD! Sega, Old and New Shining Forces! Get to it!)[/quote]

200 point games, WHERE?!

Do they have achievements on them?

[quote name='Young Deezy']200 point games, WHERE?!

Do they have achievements on them?[/quote]

Look for "Community Games" under Games Marketplace. There are 200, 400, and 800 point games.

Nope, they don't have achievements. The only way for them to get them would be to graduate from being community games, to XBLA games. Most of them don't have netplay from what I've noticed, but you can always browse the games info area to be sure (just scroll down the list, anything with orange blocks besides it is an online feature.)

I have a tube CRT XBR Sony 40 inch... but even if that is my 'serious' gaming/competition TV for fighters.

I don't care.

I love my Plasma and LCD much more.

^_^

and lol at the stuff in here! Hope you guys enjoy HD remix! Keep your eyes glued to Capcom Unity for a major announcement next week regarding HOW you should be playing your street fighter ;)

Hey MarkMan! Based on your time with the game, do you know if the BACK button on 360 does anything important? Or does it just act like an extra "B" button when navigating the menus? If I leave it off my modded stick, I wanna make sure I won't be missing out on anything important (since this is one of the main games motivating me to get said mod!).

Why did they stop making HDTV Tube CRT TV's simple MONEY. Biggest HDTV Tube TV I know of was a Sony 34" XBR Widescreen model. Still to this day considered the benchmark and standard by which all LCD's and Plasmas are compared to. Say what you will the CRT Tube have superior image quality hands down.

Now why did they stop making them well Money, that 34" inch XBR weighs 200+lbs easily.

All these TV's must be shipped overseas on Boats shiping is priced on weight. TV companies can make alot more money more profit by saving on shipping costs selling a 42" inchh LCD which weights less than 50 lbs or less profits by selling and shipping a Tube CRT HD 42" inch which weighs 300+lbs. Times thousands of TV.

Don't think its because TV makers out of the goodness of their hearts want to sell you superior TEchnology. LCD's and Plasmas are inferior technology to Tube CRT, Thats why they provide a pooere picture. Sure they look good in HD with and HD Signal but given and SD signal they look terrible Why can't they do both?? HD CRT Tubes sure can.

In time they wil Cath up but none yet. Its kind of silly that LCD's fans have to worry about LAG, (some Wii games are unplayable on LCD's) or MS response times 8ms 6ms etc. or 16.7 Million colors CRT Tube provide BILLIONS or colors. Or Plasma burn in. Best part of Tube CRT's was their great life span and durability 10+ years no degredation in image quality. An a technician can order a replacement part and install it. With LCD's and Plasmas the Image degrades and fixing them is usually out of the question deaed pixels etc.

Imagine a poor sucker ditching his Tube CRT HD Tube because he tought well this new LCD and Plasma are new high tech TV's they must be Better.

Busta: you'll be fine without it...

---

Regarding CRT vs LCD/Plasma.

The difference isn't that dramatic anymore. I don't know about most people, but at 4ms, I can't tell the difference in timing for fighting games. At 8, I definitely can though.

Plasma TVs don't have that response time issue, and burn in is only an issue when 'breaking' the TV in. After the first hundred hours or show it should be fine.

As of right now, newer gen plasmas (as long as you get a good one and do research) perform better than LCDs when it comes to fighting games.

To me, CRT is not an option anymore. I have a bunch of CRT tube tvs I use for running tournaments and all. But that shit takes up way too much space. In fact I'm running events for KOFXII in the future, and I'm not even considering CRT TVs, cuz fuck that pain in the ass lol.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']DMK is going to shit all over you for making statements like that MarkMang.[/quote]

I look forward to it. I probably won't even reply :(

Haha.

I will reply with a win streak on you guys in STHD on my sub par LCD tv :)

[quote name='ivanctorres']What's the arcade stick of choice? With this and SF4 out soon I want to get a good arcade stick.[/quote]

MarkMan is the best person to answer this but I'll just say that MadCatz is coming out with a line of sticks and pads for Street Fighter IV.

Currently, you'll have to track down a DOA or Soul Calibur stick that's made by HORI. There differences between the DOA and SC HORI sticks are only cosmetic. I have one and I really like it.

[quote name='SAB-CA']Look for "Community Games" under Games Marketplace. There are 200, 400, and 800 point games.

Nope, they don't have achievements. The only way for them to get them would be to graduate from being community games, to XBLA games. Most of them don't have netplay from what I've noticed, but you can always browse the games info area to be sure (just scroll down the list, anything with orange blocks besides it is an online feature.)[/quote]

Also, check out the community games thread here.

As of right now, the 360 only has one option...

Hori EX2 (Dead or Alive 4, VF5, SC4 stick, they're all the same)... In December, the Hori Real Arcade PRO EX is coming out, preorders are now open on Amazon. It is a higher quality arcade stick with a Sanwa stick and quick disconnect buttons.

If you want to wait until Feb. The official SF4 arcade sticks/controllers will be out and the premium will have the exact same components as in the official SF4 arcade setup (Sanwa JLF-TP-8Y-SK-W, Sanwa OBSF-30-W)...

It's up to you. I don't want to sound biased, but I would wait. You can buy a cheap stick now and just get rid of it later.

Hey Mark, are we getting a discount? :]

I'm just going to use the analog stick in the mean time, I can wait until Feb. I plan on picking up two controllers and the basic arcade stick.

Ahhh PepsiFan.... That was a very entertaining day or two.

[quote name='CouRageouS']:lol:

I actually think its possible his full user name is Ice Cold Pepsi. +20 cool points for those who understand the reference.[/QUOTE]

bread's done
Back