XBLA - Vigilante 8 Arcade - 800pts

[quote name='fart_bubble']noticed that in the demo. They might drive around each other but they won't attack each other.[/QUOTE]

Did the original do that? I hate "gang rape AI" it is lazy ass programing if you ask me. I kinda gave up on games that have that kind of AI along time ago. That's a big minus if its true.

[quote name='KingDox']Did the original do that? I hate "gang rape AI" it is lazy ass programing if you ask me. I kinda gave up on games that have that kind of AI along time ago. That's a big minus if its true.[/quote]
Hasn't it always been that way with car combat games? I Remember V8 on the N64 was no different, same with the Twisted Metal games.

[quote name='bardockkun']Hasn't it always been that way with car combat games? I Remember V8 on the N64 was no different, same with the Twisted Metal games.[/QUOTE]

I don't recall Twisted Metal being that way at all. I remember laughing while playing TM2 while sitting on the roofs of Paris while they all shot the shit out of each other in the streets and they couldn't touch me.

Actually, I can confirm that the AI doesn't only go after you. The AI nearly killed another car, without me even going near it or touching it when I was doing Quest mode yesterday. It was only on a level with more then two opponents though, in-which they attacked each other.

Downloaded V8 last night, game was definitely as good as I remember it being, the single player is buggy but still good and the online multiplayer seemed to run fine.

Music was really good to.

Has anyone been able to get online multi to work? I have only been able to play one game online, now I get no results in matchmaking. Is this the abandoned arcade game syndrome? Add me w/ V8 in the FR, if you wanna play.

Yeah, the problem with this one is that it hit the same week that Gears 2 hit so it got overlooked. It's a shame though, its a great game.

I'm kinda disappointed. Back when V8 was on ps1, I played it constantly. I was getting all excited when I saw it in the marketplace, but its the "arcade" version. Doesnt feel the same to me. Kinda like paperboy lol these games just dont feel the way I remember them feeling

Does anyone want to play this sometime. There is 0 online community for this it seems. I never see a game up.

[quote name='Klank']Does anyone want to play this sometime. There is 0 online community for this it seems. I never see a game up.[/quote]

I've got it. I had it the first day and couldn't find an online game to play.

[quote name='mike.m']I've got it. I had it the first day and couldn't find an online game to play.[/quote]

Well if we could get 4 or 5 people together some night we could really rock the game. 1 on 1's are fun but not as fun as having a whole bunch of people. However I will still play 1 on 1 if you want to friend me my name on live is Klank Smash

I don't remember the N64/PS1 version being this brutally difficult.

The AI is biblical.

bread's done
Back