Xbox 360 250 GB Hard Drive $129.99 Amazon FSS UPDATED: Gamestop $97 with coupon 4/2

Anexanhume

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003C1VPEY/ref=amb_link_292329822_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-1&pf_rd_r=1PAXTYCMQ3ANDG2FK97A&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1253806422&pf_rd_i=360%20250%20gb

Stock arrives March 28th.

Can get it for 97 at gamestop with a "25off" code.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77266

DISCLAIMER: MAY NOT BE HONORED

UPDATE: Looks like orders are getting canceled by gamestop.

[quote name='truckasauras']I know the web site allows you to apply the 25off code, but if you read the text on there it says "Not valid on consoles or hard drives. Offer subject to change. - XB360 Hard Drive 250GB"

I doubt they will honor the $97 sale price with the coupon. I was ready to purchase this until I saw that text.[/QUOTE]

Update: try the following:

[quote name='paperkut']FYI ... ENT20 (or 10AUTO) works for 250 GB XBOX HD ... LOL.

order before they catch on ... too bad I got mine already ...[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mtxbass1']Got one of these drives today at gamestop. Had 1 hour 33 minutes remaining in the transfer.

Tick. Tick. Tick. The 250 GB drive was dead.

Wonderful. Not even 8 hours old and the drive died.[/QUOTE]
Was it a used or refurbed one or brand new?

[quote name='lllGurulll']Was it a used or refurbed one or brand new?[/QUOTE]

Completely brand new in the package.

I'm trying the second drive as I type this.

I'll probably upgrade too. I have a ton of arcade games and DLC, plus I like to install most of my disc-based games.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Got one of these drives today at gamestop. Had 1 hour 33 minutes remaining in the transfer.

Tick. Tick. Tick. The 250 GB drive was dead.

Wonderful. Not even 8 hours old and the drive died.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for making me freaked out that my drive could be broken when it comes in next week.

Keep in mind the next firmware update will enable the use of USB drives to store game saves, DLC, and demos. I believe you will be able to use up to two 16GB USB drives for a total of 32GB of fast storage!

I am waiting to see if the rumored Xbox 360 slim comes out and hopely it will have a deal with this included

[quote name='pacifickarma']Keep in mind the next firmware update will enable the use of USB drives to store game saves, DLC, and demos. I believe you will be able to use up to two 16GB USB drives for a total of 32GB of fast storage![/QUOTE]

The issue with that is that you will most likely need a high end usb drive or it will not even work because you are going to need at least decent write and read speeds and a drive that doesn't degrade fast aka not cheap.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']Agreed.
I ALMOST caved and got one of those COD systems as my walmart had em marked to $300. And then just sell my system and the 120GB Hard Drive. Glad I didnt though.[/QUOTE]

Dude you should have jumped all over that. 250GB HD, 2 controllers, and MW2 for 300? That's a hell of a deal.

[quote name='ryanflucas']I'm tempted to buy one of these, transfer my files to it, and then sell my old 120GB drive for $75.[/QUOTE]
I did exactly this via CL when I bought my FF13 Console. Sold it in one day. If you include the original transfer kit (if you have it) you're almost guaranteed to sell it.

Yuck! I am appalled by that price (the cost of the enclosed 250GB HD, without the plastic shell, is only around $45 (and that is without the bulk discount Microsoft gets for buying many of these HD's at once...so it is even cheaper than that for them)), especially when they got that talk about "recession proof gaming" on xbox live. At that price I will be put into a personal recession. :p

I guess at least the shipping is free... lawl. :p

@tominator:
You just need a USB 2.0 drive shouldn't you? What difference does the quality make? All that will determine is how long the drive will last as flash drives have a finite number of reads/writes and inevitably wear out...especially under constant use. At least Microsoft is tossing us a proverbial bone here. 2 x 16 = 32...my HD is only 20GB, so I welcome anymore space I can get until the ridiculous price of xbox 360 HD's come down...or there is a sale/deal :whistle2:D

I find it kinda funny that this 250 gb hdd is for sale when the ms rep who came to the tru where I work said it wouldn't be available as a stand alone thing and would be kept exclusive to the bundles. Last time I trust him!

[quote name='Gertle627']I find it kinda funny that this 250 gb hdd is for sale when the ms rep who came to the tru where I work said it wouldn't be available as a stand alone thing and would be kept exclusive to the bundles. Last time I trust him![/QUOTE]

Salesmen are often no more than that...salesmen. They're given merchandise, and told to sell. They often have no clue as to what's really going on, and most don't care. They push what they have...not necessarily the item that will replace it.

[quote name='RedRingOfDeath']Yu@tominator:
You just need a USB 2.0 drive shouldn't you? What difference does the quality make? All that will determine is how long the drive will last as flash drives have a finite number of reads/writes and inevitably wear out...especially under constant use. At least Microsoft is tossing us a proverbial bone here. 2 x 16 = 32...my HD is only 20GB, so I welcome anymore space I can get until the ridiculous price of xbox 360 HD's come down...or there is a sale/deal :whistle2:D[/QUOTE]

Cheap drives for one have do not have the read and write speeds so that you would be able to play an arcade game off of them mainly and the other issue is that the build quality of these drives since cheap ones are made cheap materials so the number of times you would be able to read and write is greatly diminished. Does not really matter though since the 360 will not even accept a drive that is not fast enough.

[quote name='crunchewy']Something to consider before you put out your cash for one of these: will it work with the rumored "Slim" 360? If not and you think you might want to upgrade to the new design, this might not be a good investment.[/QUOTE]

The slim motherboard is a hoax. It was from the HD-DVD add on

I bit on the drive. I'm a sucker. Oh well. I'll make some of my money back when I sell my 120GB.
Now I'll be able to install all my games and never hear the disc drive again, quiet 360 will be worth it in the end.

[quote name='Anexanhume']Updated OP for gamestop deal.[/QUOTE]

I know the web site allows you to apply the 25off code, but if you read the text on there it says "Not valid on consoles or hard drives. Offer subject to change. - XB360 Hard Drive 250GB"

I doubt they will honor the $97 sale price with the coupon. I was ready to purchase this until I saw that text.

[quote name='truckasauras']I know the web site allows you to apply the 25off code, but if you read the text on there it says "Not valid on consoles or hard drives. Offer subject to change. - XB360 Hard Drive 250GB"

I doubt they will honor the $97 sale price with the coupon. I was ready to purchase this until I saw that text.[/QUOTE]

What's the harm in trying? At worst they cancel your order. At best, you actually get it at the $97 price.

Thanks, I'll update OP regardless.

[quote name='BingoBrown']What's the harm in trying? At worst they cancel your order. At best, you actually get it at the $97 price.[/QUOTE]

yeah... tried myself and crossing my fingers they cancel the order instead of just charge my card the full amount.

even if they do charge my card at least I had 92 bucks worth in gift card cash left.

FYI if you try to use the code at gamestop.com you will get the following message after you get to the final payment process.

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles or hard drives. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change.

[quote name='Naramie']FYI if you try to use the code at gamestop.com you will get the following message after you get to the final payment process.

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:25OFF - 25% off any order $100 or more. Online only. Not valid on consoles or hard drives. May not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change.[/QUOTE]

Well, that message wasn't there when I ordered this A.M. Nor was there any restriction on the coupon not being valid on hard drives. If they cancel my order, I'm not gonna be too happy.

They are cancelling orders. Now if you try to order, it will show the coupon in your cart....but it will remove the discount at the end of the checkout (after you enter your CC information).

Dear Valued Customer,

Our records indicate that you recently placed order number ######### with us at GameStop.com or EBgames.com. Thank you for your business.

Unfortunately our system was unable to process your order. This has resulted in the order’s cancellation. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

As a possible solution, we would recommend these steps:

• Contact your financial institution and confirm that the information they have on file matches with all the information you included when you placed your order.

• Limit your purchase to less than $500 if you are a first time Gamestop.com customer.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email and we will be more than happy to assist you further.
You may also contact us at 1-800-883-8895.

Best Regards

Valerie
Gamestop.com
Power To The Players

Bleh just got the email

Hey everyone, just tried it with Battlefield 2 and the 250GB hard drive in the cart and the coupon deducted 25% off from each item(250GB HDD $129.99 -$32.50 and Battlefield 2 $59.99 - $15.00 for a total of $142.48!!! If I remove the game it tells me the coupon isn't valid on hard drives/consoles when the HDD is the only item, but it works if both items are in there. So try different combos of stuff in your cart to get some mad savings. Yay to online glitches!!!

[quote name='bengalboy']Hey everyone, just tried it with Battlefield 2 and the 250GB hard drive in the cart and the coupon deducted 25% off from each item(250GB HDD $129.99 -$32.50 and Battlefield 2 $59.99 - $15.00 for a total of $142.48!!! If I remove the game it tells me the coupon isn't valid on hard drives/consoles when the HDD is the only item, but it works if both items are in there. So try different combos of stuff in your cart to get some mad savings. Yay to online glitches!!![/QUOTE]

It doesn't work on the very last confirmation step. Technical limitation of their system or underhanded technique by gamestop? Either makes them terrible.

[quote name='Dijital']Yep just tried as well and I got 250gb HDD and Splinter Cell Conviction for $151 Shipped!![/QUOTE]

Did you actually finish the transaction? It removes it from the coupon cart in the very last step (after you enter in your credit card info).

I still have the page / session open at the final checkout, with the coupon intact. I still have no idea if I should pull the plug and go for it or not. I'm still debating if I want to waste $104 for more HDD space.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']I still have the page / session open at the final checkout, with the coupon intact. I still have no idea if I should pull the plug and go for it or not. I'm still debating if I want to waste $104 for more HDD space.[/QUOTE]

Don't do it, cause I was in the same boat as you. My order was $104.31 total. As soon as I hit purchase. My reciept said $139.09. They charged me full price for it. So I quickly called and cancelled the order.

[quote name='Ray5555']Don't do it, cause I was in the same boat as you. My order was $104.31 total. As soon as I hit purchase. My reciept said $139.09. They charged me full price for it. So I quickly called and cancelled the order.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, just closed off the page. I would have been pissed if that happened, so thank you.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Thanks, just closed off the page. I would have been pissed if that happened, so thank you.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome. I couldn't pass up a $40 savings. But after seeing the end result and them charging me full price I decided to cancel my order, and warn other Cag members. Thanks to this site, and it's members I saved Thousands of dollars over the years.

[quote name='Ray5555']Don't do it, cause I was in the same boat as you. My order was $104.31 total. As soon as I hit purchase. My reciept said $139.09. They charged me full price for it. So I quickly called and cancelled the order.[/QUOTE]

I had that same issue. So I went and did the order again, and finally got the total to be right.

Umm this doesn't look very reassuring:

Dear Valued Customer,
Our records indicate that you recently placed order number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX with us at GameStop.com or EBgames.com. Thank you for your business.

While processing your order, we were unable to verify your billing information with your financial institution. To continue processing your order, we will need a copy of your current credit card statement.

Please fax your current credit card statement to 817-722-7720.

The statement must include the following information:
* your name
* billing address
* last four digits of the card number used for the order (For security purposes, please do not include your full credit card. Please block out all but the last 4 digits.)

To ensure speedy service, please write your order number at the top of the statement.

Please note that we are unable to accept screen shots, attachments, uploads, or links to websites to verify your billing information.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-883-8895. Please note that if a resolution is not met within 48 hours, your order may be cancelled.

Thank you again for your business. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best Regards,
GameStop.Com
Power To The Players

Sounds like they are trying to screw me over!

[quote name='Dijital']Umm this doesn't look very reassuring:

Dear Valued Customer,
Our records indicate that you recently placed order number XXXXXXXXXXXXXX with us at GameStop.com or EBgames.com. Thank you for your business.

While processing your order, we were unable to verify your billing information with your financial institution. To continue processing your order, we will need a copy of your current credit card statement.

Please fax your current credit card statement to 817-722-7720.

The statement must include the following information:
* your name
* billing address
* last four digits of the card number used for the order (For security purposes, please do not include your full credit card. Please block out all but the last 4 digits.)

To ensure speedy service, please write your order number at the top of the statement.

Please note that we are unable to accept screen shots, attachments, uploads, or links to websites to verify your billing information.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email. You may also contact us at 1-800-883-8895. Please note that if a resolution is not met within 48 hours, your order may be cancelled.

Thank you again for your business. We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Best Regards,
GameStop.Com
Power To The Players

Sounds like they are trying to screw me over![/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like you didn't type your credit card information in correctly!

[quote name='microcuts777']Sounds to me like you didn't type your credit card information in correctly![/QUOTE]

no, I got the same email. they caught onto the ruse.

Also on the gamestop orders page my account shows that order was canceled.

Well apparently I got lucky when I changed it to a different credit card.

XB360 HARD DRIVE 250GB (MICROS - Xbox 360 1 1 $97.49 Shipped

FYI ... ENT20 (or 10AUTO) works for 250 GB XBOX HD ... LOL.

order before they catch on ... too bad I got mine already ...

[quote name='microcuts777']Sounds to me like you didn't type your credit card information in correctly![/QUOTE]
No, Gamestop literally sends these emails as an excuse to cancel orders. Or they're incapable of coming up with a template for price mistake cancellations.

bread's done
Back