Xbox 360 250 GB Hard Drive $129.99 Amazon FSS UPDATED: Gamestop $97 with coupon 4/2

Anexanhume

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-250GB-Hard-Drive/dp/B003C1VPEY/ref=amb_link_292329822_1?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=top-1&pf_rd_r=1PAXTYCMQ3ANDG2FK97A&pf_rd_t=301&pf_rd_p=1253806422&pf_rd_i=360%20250%20gb

Stock arrives March 28th.

Can get it for 97 at gamestop with a "25off" code.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77266

DISCLAIMER: MAY NOT BE HONORED

UPDATE: Looks like orders are getting canceled by gamestop.

[quote name='truckasauras']I know the web site allows you to apply the 25off code, but if you read the text on there it says "Not valid on consoles or hard drives. Offer subject to change. - XB360 Hard Drive 250GB"

I doubt they will honor the $97 sale price with the coupon. I was ready to purchase this until I saw that text.[/QUOTE]

Update: try the following:

[quote name='paperkut']FYI ... ENT20 (or 10AUTO) works for 250 GB XBOX HD ... LOL.

order before they catch on ... too bad I got mine already ...[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='paperkut']FYI ... ENT20 (or 10AUTO) works for 250 GB XBOX HD ... LOL.

order before they catch on ... too bad I got mine already ...[/QUOTE]

ENT20 does work, comes out to $103.2 before tax... not as good as the 25off, but pretty good nonetheless.

I got my 250GB HDD today. Returned it with my $129.99 receipt from the one I bought in store the day before the 25% off deal started.

$105.xx....crazy cheap.

[quote name='freshzen']I got my 250GB HDD today. Returned it with my $129.99 receipt from the one I bought in store the day before the 25% off deal started.

$105.xx....crazy cheap.[/QUOTE]
Congratulations on getting the deal to go through but "crazy cheap"? Let's not get carried away. $105.xx is still overpriced, IMO.

Mines was canceled today. I got the BS email about my CC info having the wrong expiration date. Called them to update it and they said it would be fixed by the end of the day and then it was canceled.

[quote name='Codemaster']Gah, they cancel my order but still count it as part of the "1 per household" limit. So I can't make a new order...[/QUOTE]

Same happened to me.

Just ordered with ENT20...$103.99 plus tax. Hopefully it goes through...I was going to buy a 250GB for my bro as a grad gift!

Thanks paperkut.

[quote name='Codemaster']Gah, they cancel my order but still count it as part of the "1 per household" limit. So I can't make a new order...[/QUOTE]

and same here...... the website listed my local gamestop as having it in stock and of course they really didn't. I'm attempting to throw money at this company and they thwart me at every chance.

UPDATE: just got a response from customer service.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Whenever you order a product that has a limit per household, even if your order gets cancelled it will still account for your address. If you would like to place this order we recommend that you call 1-800-883-8895 and place the order over the phone as one of our agents can accept a phone order for the item.
Thank you for your time.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent

Last edited by a moderator:
As great of a deal as this may seem to be it makes me wonder if the headache of having to deal with the online issues ordering crap was really worth it. The ONLY reason I got my order to go though was because I called CS and changed the credit card the order was charged against.

In light of the deal Dell is offering for Conviction I am canceling my order from GS, its just too much headache.

Coupon "SAVER" will give you free shipping on the order. I had a $10 promo code and used it too. Came out to $102.92 w/ tax.

Update*** When I went to the "My Account" section is shows that I was charged $100.57. So which one is it? It looks like when they broke down the original estimate they included the shipping in the taxes before they removed the shipping fee. If so, I got a sweet deal!
clear.gif

I assume mine is cancelled, but I haven't received any email indicating such. When I view my account, is says it shipped (w/o tracking info) but the HD price and Disgaea 3's price have both been zero'd out.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']No, Gamestop literally sends these emails as an excuse to cancel orders. Or they're incapable of coming up with a template for price mistake cancellations.[/QUOTE]

LOL, exactly.

it's weird that people think this is a good deal when a regular 250gb harddrive for a laptop can be had for as little as $50. i just purchased a 3rd party one on ebay for $78 and think i got a decent deal. doesn't play xbox 1 games but who really cares

[quote name='el swordo']it's weird that people think this is a good deal when a regular 250gb harddrive for a laptop can be had for as little as $50. i just purchased a 3rd party one on ebay for $78 and think i got a decent deal. doesn't play xbox 1 games but who really cares[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the person doing those mods did not add the Partition 2 or I believe Partition 3. One of those are what lets the 360 play Xbox games.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Already bought mine at full price, ripped it open, and already burned my library to it.

Dammit. Oh well. Enjoy the deal CAGers :D[/QUOTE]

This may be a dumb question, but how do you transfer from one HDD to another? I have a 60 GB right now.

[quote name='xscorpionx']This may be a dumb question, but how do you transfer from one HDD to another? I have a 60 GB right now.[/QUOTE]

All new 250GBs come with a special transfer cable. It's really simple, but will take a while (hours if you're full on your 60GB).

[quote name='xscorpionx']This may be a dumb question, but how do you transfer from one HDD to another? I have a 60 GB right now.[/QUOTE]

Yep, it comes with a special cable and a disc. One end of the cable goes into your new hard drive, the other end in the 360 (and the 360 has your old hard drive attached to it). insert disc and follow the on screen directions, I had a full 20 GB and it took like an hour and 15 min. After that, your old hard drive is blank and everything should be transferred to the new one.

With the new update, do you even need the transfer cable anymore or can you just transfer over everything with the flash/harddrive?

[quote name='Wanderermy']fucking 10% California tax make my total to $113.09[/QUOTE]

I agree, but pulled the trigger anyway...I could ship it elsewhere, but the hassle would cost more than the extra $5 or so in tax...

[quote name='sk3tchcom']Just ordered with ENT20...$103.99 plus tax. Hopefully it goes through...I was going to buy a 250GB for my bro as a grad gift!

Thanks paperkut.[/QUOTE]

FYI...rec'd shipping notice today. So...apparently ENT20 works.

[quote name='gryphter']Yep, it comes with a special cable and a disc. One end of the cable goes into your new hard drive, the other end in the 360 (and the 360 has your old hard drive attached to it). insert disc and follow the on screen directions, I had a full 20 GB and it took like an hour and 15 min. After that, your old hard drive is blank and everything should be transferred to the new one.[/QUOTE]

Question, what about any stuff that says it cannot be copied or move when trying to transfer it to a memory unit? More specifically in my case any Xbox 1 data on my hard drive. I just don't want to lose that Star Wars: KOTOR downloadable content I got since it's discontinued on live now I believe.

I'm trying the ENT20 trick. Came to $113 and some change after CA sales tax. Used free shipping.

We'll see if it actually goes through, I'd definitely love to score a 250gb replacement drive. I'm still working with a 20gb from back at launch... I've gotta say -that hurts. :(

[quote name='HandsomeDan']I'm trying the ENT20 trick. Came to $113 and some change after CA sales tax. Used free shipping.

We'll see if it actually goes through, I'd definitely love to score a 250gb replacement drive. I'm still working with a 20gb from back at launch... I've gotta say -that hurts. :([/QUOTE]

I went through :D I ordered on the 6th's night.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']FYI...rec'd shipping notice today. So...apparently ENT20 works.[/QUOTE]

I just checked mine and according to the site it has shipped with the ENT20 code. It has a weird tracking number though, makes me wonder if they sent it via ups or something instead of usps like last time. I pretty sure it was sent though since the same shipment had two other games in it, of which the code also gave 20% off of.:bouncy:

I'm upgrading for the second time, this time from a 60gb to a 250gb. I'm mainly getting it for convenience. If it wasn't for game installs I wouldn't even bother upgrading. With saves, dlc and other stuff I have on my 60gb I can only put 4 to 5 games on the drive at one time. Now I can just put a bunch on and not have to swap back and forth when the urge to play a short little game with a title that isn't on there.

[quote name='solidus_00']I just checked mine and according to the site it has shipped with the ENT20 code. It has a weird tracking number though, makes me wonder if they sent it via ups or something instead of usps like last time. I pretty sure it was sent though since the same shipment had two other games in it, of which the code also gave 20% off of.:bouncy:

I'm upgrading for the second time, this time from a 60gb to a 250gb. I'm mainly getting it for convenience. If it wasn't for game installs I wouldn't even bother upgrading. With saves, dlc and other stuff I have on my 60gb I can only put 4 to 5 games on the drive at one time. Now I can just put a bunch on and not have to swap back and forth when the urge to play a short little game with a title that isn't on there.[/QUOTE]

Mines shows as shipped too. I also got the weird tracking #, copied it and pasted it in the tracking section of UPS.com and it sure was a UPS tracking #. Scheduled delivery date..April 13th! Got it for $100.57 with a $10 promo code that I had.

[quote name='Agentredd']if any upgraders want to sell a HD bigger than 20gb let me know i'm in the market[/QUOTE]

I think I'm making the upgrade to a 250 from a 120(bought in november of 09) so should be interested in selling.

[quote name='truckasauras']and same here...... the website listed my local gamestop as having it in stock and of course they really didn't. I'm attempting to throw money at this company and they thwart me at every chance.

UPDATE: just got a response from customer service.

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting GameStop.com.

Whenever you order a product that has a limit per household, even if your order gets cancelled it will still account for your address. If you would like to place this order we recommend that you call 1-800-883-8895 and place the order over the phone as one of our agents can accept a phone order for the item.
Thank you for your time.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to respond to this email.

Best regards,
Hilary
Customer Service Agent[/QUOTE]

so after having the order canceled and locked out of online ordering due to the limit 1 per house I try calling customer service like they suggest in their email to me.

I try the ENT20 code and the guy on the phone is like yeah you can't use that on a hard drive either.

I am envious of you people who got the deal to work.

no discounts for me I guess.

[quote name='truckasauras']I try the ENT20 code and the guy on the phone is like yeah you can't use that on a hard drive either.

I am envious of you people who got the deal to work.

no discounts for me I guess.[/QUOTE]

Same thing for me. The 10AUTO code gives a $13.99 discount and free 3-day shipping. That's what I used when I had to order via phone. Obviously not as good as the ENT20 code, but better than nothing! I had to burn GS credit so shopping elsewhere wasn't really an option.

[quote name='thisisapen']Same thing for me. The 10AUTO code gives a $13.99 discount and free 3-day shipping. That's what I used when I had to order via phone. Obviously not as good as the ENT20 code, but better than nothing! I had to burn GS credit so shopping elsewhere wasn't really an option.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the info, I'll give that a try also. In the same boat having like $90 in GS credit to burn. Want to come out of pocket as little as possible for this thing. I'd rather spend my credit on some games, but my 20GB is at capacity for the longest time now. Don't have any spare USB sticks either for that storage.

[quote name='xscorpionx']Mines shows as shipped too. I also got the weird tracking #, copied it and pasted it in the tracking section of UPS.com and it sure was a UPS tracking #. Scheduled delivery date..April 13th! Got it for $100.57 with a $10 promo code that I had. [/QUOTE]

Yeah thats what I figured mine was since it had a Z in it. They shipped half the order usps and the other with the hard drive in it via ups. Sure enough though it shipped, $103 something. I'm betting it will be here either monday or tuesday.

[quote name='Agentredd']if any upgraders want to sell a HD bigger than 20gb let me know i'm in the market[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have a spare 60gb, not exactly sure if I'm going to get rid of it or not at the moment. If I do I'll let you know.

bread's done
Back