Xbox 360 GameFly Deals with Free Shipping: Wolverine, Ghostbusters, Juarez 2 $10

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']So I FINALLY received my copy of Wolverine (nearly 1 week after I ordered - shipped from PA to me in VA)

And I have to say, this thing looks like it was opened once, played, than put back in it's case only to be traded. The funny thing is, there was still security labels and cellophane still covering the case![/QUOTE]

that's how the copy of Mass Effect I bought from them way back when was. it even still had the orange "do not sell until" sticker on it!

Got my copy of Wolverine yesterday. The game is not perfect, but it is fun. The disc has minor scratches, but the box was nearly perfect.

just tried to get 3 ps3 games from them. between the time of adding to cart and buying (2 min top) 2 were already out of stock. stock dropped from 55 games to 32 games in those 2 minutes.

Well I got my CoJ and it is in good condition.

I see if you are a non member and order 3-4 games shipping only comes out to 2 bucks per game.

Something I will keep in mind in the future.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Whats the normal turn around time to receive a game from Gamefly. Mine was shipped on 2/3 and I still don't have it yet.[/QUOTE]

You should of got it in by now. I usually contact them when it hits 9-10 days. They are nice about replacements so contact them tomorrow if it does not come in. I am in NY and it takes 5-7 tops for me.

[quote name='Nightmarecast25']Got my CoJ today and the only problem is one of the plastic holders for the manual was broken, but that's it.[/QUOTE]

email them...theyll send you a new case free of charge.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']You should of got it in by now. I usually contact them when it hits 9-10 days. They are nice about replacements so contact them tomorrow if it does not come in. I am in NY and it takes 5-7 tops for me.[/QUOTE]

Well I contacted them and they said it was "lost in the mail" and are crediting me back my money, why can't they just send me another copy??

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Well I contacted them and they said it was "lost in the mail" and are crediting me back my money, why can't they just send me another copy??[/QUOTE]

The good news is it might still show, I had this happen and it showed after 3 weeks. If you don't feel too badly about it keep and take the credit.

[quote name='tightclaws']The good news is it might still show, I had this happen and it showed after 3 weeks. If you don't feel too badly about it keep and take the credit.[/QUOTE]

This is committing mail fraud. Which is a felony. Is that really worth it?

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']This is committing mail fraud. Which is a felony. Is that really worth it?[/QUOTE]

It's not committing mail fraud if the company who sent it tells you it was lost in the mail and you are just using that company's own policies. If the USPS eventually finds it and you get it, the ethical thing to do would be to inform Gamefly, but you wouldn't be committing mail fraud if you didn't.

Well my copy of Call of Jaurez finally showed up. 13 days after it was shipped...from Pittsburgh. I live 4 hours from Pittsburgh....anyway. I emailed Gamefly back because the credit they issued me for it being "lost in the mail" was placed back on my CC.

I guess we will see if they charge me again

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']This is committing mail fraud. Which is a felony. Is that really worth it?[/QUOTE]

You're wrong, if you don't know what you're talking about then you need to stop talking.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Well my copy of Call of Jaurez finally showed up. 13 days after it was shipped...from Pittsburgh. I live 4 hours from Pittsburgh....anyway. I emailed Gamefly back because the credit they issued me for it being "lost in the mail" was placed back on my CC.

I guess we will see if they charge me again[/QUOTE]

They will, same thing happened to me during the December sales with Pure...I finally got my copy of COJ today.

Got my copy of CoJ a day or two ago myself, also in Pittsburgh, get rentals in two days tops, but every time I buy a game, takes at least a week. All I can think of is they get shipped from California to the distribution center, then out to the customers.

Disc had a bunch of surface scratches, case is mint.

Just to clarify, I live 15 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh...

Ugh...I somehow resisted Prototype last go around, but once I saw it drop a dollar this week, the next thing I knew I was reading a confirmation email saying it would be here next week sometime. Gawd, I need help...:wall:

[quote name='genfuyung']Tempted for Wolfenstein. Wish there werent so many multiplayer achievements.[/QUOTE]

Same, I was ready to purchase but forgot about no free shipping, so total was over $20 and I cancelled... Maybe with FS

[quote name='funkflexmctough']Same, I was ready to purchase but forgot about no free shipping, so total was over $20 and I cancelled... Maybe with FS[/QUOTE]
I was in the same boat, after reading that the patch had fixed the single player glitches I decided I wanted to pick it up again, but the $5 shipping is a kick in the nuts. EDIT-I just scored a copy off ebay for $18 so I'm happy wth that.

Pretty Good deal for level 3 members:

If you got a $5 coupon + are a level 3 member you can get Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing for $30 with free shipping. So if your a level 3 and got a $5 coupon lying around thats $20 off retail.

I picked up Call of Juarez and Wolverine and both were scratched to hell and back :cry: Call of Juarez seems to play fine (I'm not too far in) but all of Wolverine's cut scenes would skip and pick back up (though the gameplay was fine and I was able to finish the game). I normally don't buy used and thats why :bomb: . I think I'll stick to finding awesome deals on CAG from places like newegg :whee:

[quote name='powersurge']I picked up Call of Juarez and Wolverine and both were scratched to hell and back :cry: Call of Juarez seems to play fine (I'm not too far in) but all of Wolverine's cut scenes would skip and pick back up (though the gameplay was fine and I was able to finish the game). I normally don't buy used and thats why :bomb: . I think I'll stick to finding awesome deals on CAG from places like newegg :whee:[/QUOTE]

Email there support they will refund you. I had 5 out of 20 games that had to be sent back. There discs the ones from closet NY Hub most come with chips all on the outer edge of the discs. Some sound like a jet plane taking off cause of it but do pass the install test. The prices on some games are to good so i will order again. If i see it for a few bucks elsewhere i will order somewhere else then. I hope they get better at testing stuff cause 3 out of the 5 i got bad was unplayable disc error on 2 consoles tested on plus a friends.

I bought Wolverine and Call of Juarez BIB when they were $10 w FS, the CoJBiB disc was okay but my Wolverine disc had dented edges but played okay.

After I beat it and traded in to GS, they deducted $3 for "Refurbish Fee" (Stupid Gamestop) though I still managed to get $14.22 for it (after promo and EDGE deal).

[quote name='marineal']after reading this thread, i'm glad i didn't order from gamefly at all.[/QUOTE]

I think you're just sore for missing out on the initial deal.

Honestly, I've heard more praise than horror stories in this thread regarding the condition of the games. Hell, mine still had it's security stickers attached, not to mention looks brand new (not a single scratch).

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I think you're just sore for missing out on the initial deal.

Honestly, I've heard more praise than horror stories in this thread regarding the condition of the games. Hell, mine still had it's security stickers attached, not to mention looks brand new (not a single scratch).[/QUOTE]

I've only bought 3 games from them total and everyone I got was in terrible condition. I had to get 2 of them resurfaced. Since its cheap I can't say to much.

I like Gamefly sale price... but most of the games are in bad condition...and a lot of people are having problems with discs... Since I started shopping at Gamefly.... I had a lot of problems with bad discs in my Xbox 360.... I returned and received my refund... oh yeah... but it's not supposed to happen, I mean no many times....

After two weeks of deliberation I decided to pull the trigger on Sacred 2. Not bad with my $5 coupon - it was like $14.xx after coupon because I'm a member. I've always had no problems with Gamefly.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']prototype is a PS2 game , it's complete shit.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I doubt the PS2 could do that much geometry on the screen at once. They went for poly count, not enhanced graphics. Some do the other way.

[quote name='miguel2003']I like Gamefly sale price... but most of the games are in bad condition...and a lot of people are having problems with discs... Since I started shopping at Gamefly.... I had a lot of problems with bad discs in my Xbox 360.... I returned and received my refund... oh yeah... but it's not supposed to happen, I mean no many times....[/QUOTE]

All 30+ of mine have been scratched to SHIT. It pisses me off...

BlazBlue is ~$11 after coupon & Level 3 discount.

I bit on that, always wanted to get it (yes I'm aware of the update coming out)

edit: I should mention I am a Level 3 member

[quote name='Fire_Thief']All 30+ of mine have been scratched to SHIT. It pisses me off...[/QUOTE]

I know about 3-5 out of 40 or so ordered came almost like new shape. The rest seem to all have chips all around the outer edge of them. How can so many have that problem? I know most passed the install test but how do people chip them so often at GF. I wonder if those sleeves they send out for rentals does it in transit? I never seen a dvd from netflix or blockbuster have all this outside edge chips all over.

Anyways i am happy if they pass the install test so no biggie. You got to remember if there scratched badly they might read fine but they do strain your console lasers faster. I tend to buy new of all the sports games since they read intense stuff nonstop. The stuff i buy from GF i usually install to the HD so it does not wear my laser in a month or 2 of heavy use.

Just got an email with a list of 360 games named February Xbox 360 sale. Wasn't sure if it was new but the date for the sale said

- Paying members receive free shipping on all used titles.
- Pricing is valid on orders placed from February 23 through March 1, 2010.

http://resp.email.gamefly.com/gf40/wmws/GMFY/1266940491653_402/w364681.php?custcode=GMFY

Damnation $7.99

Major League Baseball 2K9 $7.99

Afro Samurai $9.99

Bionic Commando $9.99

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood $9.99

Fuel $9.99

Ghostbusters $9.99

Infernal: Hell's Vengeance $9.99

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 $9.99

Rise of the Argonauts $9.99

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen $9.99

Velvet Assassin $9.99

Wanted: Weapons of Fate $9.99

Wheelman $9.99

FIFA Soccer 09 $12.99

Fight Night Round 4 $12.99

Left 4 Dead $12.99

Red Faction: Guerrilla $12.99

Wolfenstein $12.99

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits $14.99

Sacred 2: Fallen Angel $14.99

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger $17.99

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare $24.99

The Beatles: Rock Band $27.99

Raven Squad $7.99

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $9.99

Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires $12.99

Overlord II $12.99

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 $16.99

Prototype $16.99

Picked up Ghostbusters (like everyone else, LOL), thought about getting Red Faction but i'm kinda pissed I paid full price when I bought it for my brother for Xmas, so i'll wait until it hits $10 with free shipping (or less). No interest in Call of Juarez or CoD.

[quote name='RudyPants']After two weeks of deliberation I decided to pull the trigger on Sacred 2. Not bad with my $5 coupon - it was like $14.xx after coupon because I'm a member. I've always had no problems with Gamefly.[/QUOTE]

I loved this game. Overlooked by many people. Also my two cents on gamefly, Every game i ordered from them worked perfectly. (isn't that the only thing thing that should matter?)

I picked up Velvet Assassin and Wolfenstein. I love bad games makes me appreciate the good ones more both for under $20. I love Game Fly.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 for $16.99 is pretty darn nice.

A price that low for a game i can play fully in co-op sounds like a good deal to me.

:grouphug:

I need fellow Cag'ers advice. I forgot that I had $5 credit from Gamefly and need suggestions on a used title. I've got Red Faction, Juarez, Wolfenstein and Marvel 2 on my short list of contenders... thoughts?

[quote name='j0dy77']I need fellow Cag'ers advice. I forgot that I had $5 credit from Gamefly and need suggestions on a used title. I've got Red Faction, Juarez, Wolfenstein and Marvel 2 on my short list of contenders... thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Red Faction by far the best game on your list.

bread's done
Back