Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

That is very true. I guess a lot of us who are into games just think that someone that works with selling games would know some of this stuff. I never mind to much as I don't shop in person much these days. I'm usually happy with online/Amazon.

Ummm...has the fact that the problem is with the GPU, not the CPU, been discussed? I mean, a cooler CPU that draws less power is always good, but if the problem with the solder on the GPU hasn't been fixed, then it doesn't matter too much, does it?

Uhhh, what's up with the HDD lining just a cheap gray plastic now? I'm calling BB tomorrow to see if I can swap it (with my old one). This is not an aesthetic concern, it's a quality concern. This thing is suppose to hold all of my data but it feels and looks like a plastic plate!

[quote name='nintendokid']Uhhh, what's up with the HDD lining just a cheap gray plastic now? I'm calling BB tomorrow to see if I can swap it (with my old one). This is not an aesthetic concern, it's a quality concern. This thing is suppose to hold all of my data but it feels and looks like a plastic plate![/QUOTE]

What do you mean by the hard disc lining? I don't notice anything obviously different on my newest one.

[quote name='Wolfpup']What do you mean by the hard disc lining? I don't notice anything obviously different on my newest one.[/quote]

Puke bucket, ready?

Check out the "HDD" on top - that's not even chrome! That's a faux-stainless steel STICKER!!!! I bet some poor soul has tried taking it off thinking it's the protective film.

Cosmetically, I don't care. Quality wise, well, "Sir, would you like plastic or CHROME?" Gee, let me think...

plastic = materials they use to make Legos and GI Joes and toys...

GIVE ME THE fuckING SHIT THAT THEY USE TO MAKES CAR, AIRPLANES AND SWORDS! METAL, BITCH! WHAT THE fuck, TRYING TO SHOVE THIS GREEN-WORLD, LET'S SAVE THE fuckING FOREST AND ANIMALS, VEGETARIAN DIET, LET'S fuckING DRIVE RUBBER CARS THAT RUN ON CORN KERNELS THAT CAN'T GO FAST ENOUGH TO GET AWAY FROM THE THUG ON FOOT TRYING TO HI-JACK OUR ASSES. WHAT'S NEXT, GIVE OUR SOLDIERS SOME SUPER SOAKERS?!

Lame. This is nothing like complaining about Falcons. In fact, mine is lot 0733 because frankly, I don't care about 65nm. I care about just being able to play the darn thing. But this has crossed the line.

100_1047.jpg

100_1048.jpg

[quote name='nintendokid']Very poor argument. Just think about what you just said...YOU ARE EXPECTING A WORKER AT A GAME SHOP TO KNOW THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF DISC DRIVES.

Their job is to keep the store neat so you can shop easily, to see if they have the game you are looking, and to ring you up. Since when was it part of their job to know what a Falcon vs Zephyr is, what a Jasper is, a Hitachi vs BenQ drive, 175W vs 203W power supply, 2-prong vs 3-prong, lot 0733 vs 0742, Team FDOU vs Team CSON, ATi vs nVidia?

What's next? Restaurant workers have to know how many grams of protein are in each dish? How about what is the difference between free-range chicken vs organic chicken?

What about you? What is your job title and where do you work at? If I wanted to be an ass, I could rip your job title apart and expect you to know shit that you don't need to know.[/quote]

So I guess it's ok for the guy to just walk away and pretend like I wasn't there then? And yes, I do expect people to know a bit about what they do if their working there. If somebody does not know, then they should just say they don't, or get someone else who does. They don't have to pretend they do, or act like they care and then do something else.

I went to a GameStop 10 mins away from that one and had no problem.

If you came to where I worked and asked me something I didn't know. I would tell you I didn't. I wouldn't take you to the side, sit you in a room, and tell you that i'd get some imaginary guy to come tell you about it.

At the SAME GameStop I stood and watched as a guy and girl working there measured the Nintendo DS slot to try and figure out if Pokemon for GameBoy Color would "fit into it" for a customer's kid. Now tell me if those people should be working at a GameStop. A place that sells and buys used games and systems.

[quote name='evanft']Ummm...has the fact that the problem is with the GPU, not the CPU, been discussed? I mean, a cooler CPU that draws less power is always good, but if the problem with the solder on the GPU hasn't been fixed, then it doesn't matter too much, does it?[/quote]

That's what I keep bringing up but nobody seems to care.
It seems that people are flocking to Falcon like it's jesus, but in a few months from now it's not going to matter much when the Jasper is out.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']At the SAME GameStop I stood and watched as a guy and girl working there measured the Nintendo DS slot to try and figure out if Pokemon for GameBoy Color would "fit into it" for a customer's kid. Now tell me if those people should be working at a GameStop. A place that sells and buys used games and systems.[/quote]

That's more understandable because knowing that a DS is compatible with GB/GBA games is retail and product knowledge. But to know the different types of drive, that's really more of a hobbyist's insane hunger for knowledge and research.

[quote name='nintendokid']Uhhh, what's up with the HDD lining just a cheap gray plastic now? I'm calling BB tomorrow to see if I can swap it (with my old one). This is not an aesthetic concern, it's a quality concern. This thing is suppose to hold all of my data but it feels and looks like a plastic plate![/QUOTE]

I noticed that too. I believe only the Elite HDD gets the silver trim on the side now. My launch 360 Pro 20GB had it.

I just saw some 743 lots (Pro and Elite) at Circuit City. Does anyone know Microsoft’s shipping schedule? My Best Buy has been out of the Forza bundle since Black Friday. They have Pros without the games that they held in stock to get rid of with Guitar Hero 2, but those consoles are so old (lot # in the 600s). I have to get it from Best Buy since that is where my gift cards are, so just wondering if anyone knows when Best Buy gets trucks.

[quote name='smoger']i just did, but only today so I don't know if it'll be a Falcon or not..

$335 shipped after 5% coupon i found somewhere(if you want the link i can dig it up) plus maybe 2.2% cash back from Jellyfish(but not sure if i did the jellyfish stuff right)[/quote]

hrm.. 3 days later and my order is still in the "sent to warehouse" state. does buy.com intentionally sit on your order if you choose the free shipping? not that i'm in a terrible rush, but it would be nice to be able to play at least by next weekend.

[quote name='evanft']Ummm...has the fact that the problem is with the GPU, not the CPU, been discussed? I mean, a cooler CPU that draws less power is always good, but if the problem with the solder on the GPU hasn't been fixed, then it doesn't matter too much, does it?[/quote]

The GPU is different as well as the CPU on the new boards. It may not be a 65nm, but it is a different chip and a different design.

[quote name='nintendokid']Puke bucket, ready?

Check out the "HDD" on top - that's not even chrome! That's a faux-stainless steel STICKER!!!! I bet some poor soul has tried taking it off thinking it's the protective film.[/QUOTE]

It used to be metal, and now it's a sticker? I thought the hard drive's color looked a little different. I thought it had a protective film over it, but hadn't taken it off yet (I think my earlier units DID have a protective film there).

I'll have to take a look at it when I get home tonight...

[quote name='wirechild']The GPU is different as well as the CPU on the new boards. It may not be a 65nm, but it is a different chip and a different design.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they think it's...I forget, 80nm maybe. So it's technically true when they said "it's not 65nm", but they didn't bother saying "it has been die shrunk". Apparently it's a half step process that ATi used to use on their PC parts.

My Elite has the two inductors indicative of a Falcon but with the 203W PSU and made by a different Team CDSU or something like that.

[quote name='wowimsocute']if someone buys it, can they please post whether it is a falcon? thanks![/quote]

I shall be the guinea pig! I've been waiting for Amazon to restock them. I had a gift card balance and saving on sales tax is a big win for me.

It should arrive on 12/4. I'll post what I end up with.

I read that people that received repackaged Value Bundles (doesn't say Go Big or Go Pro on the box), were able to return them to Amazon for them with a simple, irate phone call to customer service. Hopefully, I won't have to go thru all that.

Currently, Amazon is out of Premium bundles, but when they come back in stock again, would there be a good chance that they'd be Falcons?

BTW, I'm completely aware of the whole issue of Falcons aren't really much of an improvement over Zephyrs, and that the major change will be seen in the Jasper next summer. But unless we want to wait for the Jasper to come out, I don't think it's unreasonable to want to get a Falcon, even if there are no guarantees over its viability.

[quote name='hollow2g']Is the Falcons really going to guarantee no red lights?[/QUOTE]

No. No guarantee. I don't think there's ever going to be a RRoD-free guarantee with any iteration. But with each new revision of the motherboard, the likelihood should lessen.

Got a "Go Pro" version. CSON 203W on the box (175W power brick) lot 743. New box has no flap for serial number (and the stickers for the 2 free games are placed cleanly). Falcon mobo with BenQ drive. Third try, very happy and it runs so much cooler.

Doh, my 360 finally died shortly after a year. Color became weird and then no video output whatsoever. Googled it and it seems to be a very common problem, but too bad it isn't the red rings of death since that would get me free repair. Should I get the this new 360 bundle for its more reliable hardware or pay 100+ for repairs (though heard numerous horror stories on how repaired units don't last so long).

[quote name='rumblebear']Doh, my 360 finally died shortly after a year. Color became weird and then no video output whatsoever. Googled it and it seems to be a very common problem, but too bad it isn't the red rings of death since that would get me free repair. Should I get the this new 360 bundle for its more reliable hardware or pay 100+ for repairs (though heard numerous horror stories on how repaired units don't last so long).[/quote]

Have you tried using different cables? It may be a problem with those rather than the console itself.

[quote name='abreed']Got a "Go Pro" version. CSON 203W on the box (175W power brick) lot 743. New box has no flap for serial number (and the stickers for the 2 free games are placed cleanly). Falcon mobo with BenQ drive. Third try, very happy and it runs so much cooler.[/QUOTE]

Does it actually say "Go Pro" on it?

It wasn't real chrome. It was very nice looking plastic though.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It used to be metal, and now it's a sticker? I thought the hard drive's color looked a little different. I thought it had a protective film over it, but hadn't taken it off yet (I think my earlier units DID have a protective film there).

I'll have to take a look at it when I get home tonight...[/quote]

360 Pro and Elite are sold out almost everywhere here (maybe a few Pros at Best Buy). What's up, Microsoft? Holiday shopping dollars being left on the table; maybe a few even being diverted to the various PS3 deals :O

You'd think this was 2005, immediately post-launch. It's not the Wii, you know...

[quote name='gantt']360 Pro and Elite are sold out almost everywhere here (maybe a few Pros at Best Buy). What's up, Microsoft? Holiday shopping dollars being left on the table; maybe a few even being diverted to the various PS3 deals :O

You'd think this was 2005, immediately post-launch. It's not the Wii, you know...[/quote]

thats gotta be a regional thing.. i was in a best buy local to here just a few days ago and they had a pallet of them on the salesfloor, stacked over 5' tall.

Finding Elites in Chicago is really hard.....

ANyway - this is my 6th XBOX 360 (4 pros, now used BB warrantee to get Elite). Both non-falcon Elites blew up in 1 week.

Just got Lot 743 at BB Elite with 175W on box, sounds very very quite. 2 free games.
This HAS to be Falcon - right?

[quote name='orimental']Does it actually say "Go Pro" on it?[/QUOTE]

Yes the box does say "Go Pro", they are brand new boxes (other change is more Halo 3 placement on the back, with current games listed, and no flap over the serial number).

Also, the Elites have "Go Big" on them. Again, these were stright off the truck Thursday night.

[quote name='gantt']360 Pro and Elite are sold out almost everywhere here (maybe a few Pros at Best Buy). What's up, Microsoft? Holiday shopping dollars being left on the table; maybe a few even being diverted to the various PS3 deals :O

You'd think this was 2005, immediately post-launch. It's not the Wii, you know...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they were sold out at my local Best Buy (Waterford Lakes) until Thursday when they received a huge shipment of both. I bet most stores will have them out today (Sunday). Also of note is that the local Best Buy must have over 100 PS3 stacked on the floor. It seems everyone wants #1 Wii, #2 Xbox 360, and #3 Wii... the PS3s are not selling at all.

Look on the bright side, if your local store is sold out the next shipment will be new consoles (probably Go Pro/Big versions). That means you will likely get a Falcon now that all the old Zephyrs are gone.

[quote name='abreed']Yeah, they were sold out at my local Best Buy (Waterford Lakes) until Thursday when they received a huge shipment of both. I bet most stores will have them out today (Sunday). Also of note is that the local Best Buy must have over 100 PS3 stacked on the floor. It seems everyone wants #1 Wii, #2 Xbox 360, and #3 Wii... the PS3s are not selling at all.

Look on the bright side, if your local store is sold out the next shipment will be new consoles (probably Go Pro/Big versions). That means you will likely get a Falcon now that all the old Zephyrs are gone.[/quote]

Almost the same thing here.
I'd say about 50 360 arcades on the shelf, around 35 Halo 3 editions, no bundle at all. 0% Wii action. And the PS3's are stacked all the way to the doors.

Amazon has had Elites in Stock off and on again this past week. I almost had one, but it was sold by the time I made it to the check out page.

[quote name='PathMaster']Amazon has had Elites in Stock off and on again this past week. I almost had one, but it was sold by the time I made it to the check out page.[/quote]

I can't believe the demand for the Elite is so high on Amazon! I have seen plenty of Elites locally. I guess it's the no tax and free shipping perks.

Has anyone ordered a 360 Go Pro from Buy.com?

[quote name='lpj8']
Has anyone ordered a 360 Go Pro from Buy.com?[/QUOTE]

I would also like to know this...as I am in the market for a new 360 since my old one broke.

[quote name='lpj8']I can't believe the demand for the Elite is so high on Amazon! I have seen plenty of Elites locally. I guess it's the no tax and free shipping perks.

Has anyone ordered a 360 Go Pro from Buy.com?[/quote]

I like the idea of no tax but it is too risky to purchase from Amazon because if you are looking for a Falcon there it no sure way of checking to see if thats is what they are going to send you. I emailed CS and they said there is no way to check because the products are shipped from a wherehouse. I am going to look locally so I can check the labels on the boxes.

[quote name='CosmosTheMouse']Almost the same thing here.
I'd say about 50 360 arcades on the shelf, around 35 Halo 3 editions, no bundle at all. 0% Wii action. And the PS3's are stacked all the way to the doors.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, all stores around me have tons and tons of Halo 3 360s. I guess someone thought they would be a big seller and it looks like they were completely wrong. I never got what was the point of having that system version anyway (and I would say I am a pretty big Halo 3 fan).

I am so tired of the limited edition crap. A lot of times it seems like they are probably making more limited edition versions than regular editions. If something is limited they should at least number it and release how many they are putting out.

[quote name='snoopcogg']I like the idea of no tax but it is too risky to purchase from Amazon because if you are looking for a Falcon there it no sure way of checking to see if thats is what they are going to send you. I emailed CS and they said there is no way to check because the products are shipped from a wherehouse. I am going to look locally so I can check the labels on the boxes.[/quote]

I'm kinda in the same boat. I'd rather not pay taxes, but I want a Falcon, and who knows what you'll get from Amazon or Buy.com.

Nice thing about Buy.com is that they have a 5% off coupon as well with no tax and free shipping.

A Go Pro comes out to $332.49 shipped. An Elite would be 427.49, if they ever have them in.

Decisions!

The coupon and free shipping/no tax convinced me to order from Buy.com (plus the fact I can't find a Pro version in stock locally, tons of Halo editions and Arcades though). The thing is I ordered last Monday and it still says "sent to warehouse" since Tuesday. They seem to be in stock and the site says usually shipped in 1-2 business days so I don't know whats up. I wonder if free budget shipping is causing the delay.

I can't believe this is selling out... I was thinking of trying to get an elite with the two free games but if it's this hard i better not.

[quote name='abreed']Yeah, all stores around me have tons and tons of Halo 3 360s. I guess someone thought they would be a big seller and it looks like they were completely wrong. I never got what was the point of having that system version anyway (and I would say I am a pretty big Halo 3 fan).[/quote]

I think I LOLd when I read the box the first time: Halo 3 console, Halo 3 controller, Halo 3 this, Halo 3 that... HALO 3 GAME SOLD SEPARATELY. I bet employees wish they had a dollar for every time they've had to explain that.

The only thing taking up more room at BB than the unsold Halo 3 units are the unsold Halo Legendary editions. Oh, and the PS3.

[quote name='Matsumoto11756']The coupon and free shipping/no tax convinced me to order from Buy.com (plus the fact I can't find a Pro version in stock locally, tons of Halo editions and Arcades though). The thing is I ordered last Monday and it still says "sent to warehouse" since Tuesday. They seem to be in stock and the site says usually shipped in 1-2 business days so I don't know whats up. I wonder if free budget shipping is causing the delay.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. Let us know when it ships and what you get. Here's hoping for a Falcon :)

[quote name='gantt']I think I LOLd when I read the box the first time: Halo 3 console, Halo 3 controller, Halo 3 this, Halo 3 that... HALO 3 GAME NOT INCLUDED. I bet employees wish they had a dollar for every time they've had to explain that.

The only thing taking up more room at BB than the unsold Halo 3 units are the unsold Halo Legendary editions. Oh, and the PS3.[/QUOTE]
they were probably trying to emulate trends in Japan where big games get their own customized console released but in very limited quantities

I don't think those come with the game either. Either way they made way too many.

[quote name='vienge']Either way they made way too many.[/QUOTE]

Thats the thing, if they were rare, the drive for them would be so much more (say they made only 5k or 10k). Like I said, it is just a really bad marketing attempt to say something is limited when they make more limiteds then they did of regulars. I can't wait to see how cheap the Halo 3 360s are after Xmas.

$50 extra for a puke system color and one accessory that is normally $20!? Oh… and I don’t get 2 free games… sign me up!

Woot. I got a Elite Falcon at Target. I asked the guy about opening it up to see the power supply and he just ripped it open. O_O Yeah I got a Benq drive too. :D Oh and the left side on my 360 (If you look at it straight) gets sort of warm when I play. Is that normal?

[quote name='abreed']Thats the thing, if they were rare, the drive for them would be so much more (say they made only 5k or 10k). Like I said, it is just a really bad marketing attempt to say something is limited when they make more limiteds then they did of regulars. I can't wait to see how cheap the Halo 3 360s are after Xmas.

$50 extra for a puke system color and one accessory that is normally $20!? Oh… and I don’t get 2 free games… sign me up![/QUOTE]

If you think that's bad, the difference between a Black MacBook and a similarly configured White MacBook is about $125. But standard configurations drive the difference up to $200.

Stores could have easily gotten rid of the Halo 3 Consoles by selling them during Black Friday with the regular edition of Halo 3 packed in.

bread's done
Back