Xbox 360 Premium & Elite w/Forza 2 & Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Supplies Running Out

PyroGamer

Banned
Microsoft this morning confirmed part of the bundle rumor that's been ravaging the Internet for weeks: All Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Elites will now come with free copies of Forza Motorsport 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance, a $90 value.
http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/microsoft-gives-away-two-games-with-360s-308136.php

Nice to hear the double-game bundles are finally back. Hopefully they keep bundling such great games, too (as opposed to the Tetris Worlds crap they started resorting to on the OG Xbox)

Hot on the heels of a price reduction for all Xbox 360 consoles, Microsoft is now giving holiday buyers even more value by including two great games with every Xbox 360 console and Xbox 360 Elite, a retail savings of $90 for consumers. The acclaimed "Forza Motorsport 2" (Microsoft Game Studios) and "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" (Activision) will both be included for the recently reduced prices of $349.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 and $449.99 (U.S.) for Xbox 360 Elite. Both bundles will be available retail-wide by the end of October.

amazon.com says they'll start shipping this Sat with the bundle. Is this the gopro bundle or a new xbox with the 2 games they bundled themselves?

I got one about a week ago. I'm really not interested in the extra 2 games. Whats the best option to do with them? I heard together they don't trade for as much.

So I waited until CES because of all the rumors of a new 360 being announced. Didn't happen though, so I guess my hunt for a elite holiday bundle commences.

i need a little help here. i cant find any 360 pro bundles near me. so should i just buy a arcade bundle and just get the hard drive separately. i can just buy a headset and ethernet cable ( i need a fifty footer anyway) for $40 if i wanted them. i dont have an HD tv right now anyway so i dont really need the component cables. composite cables will work on SD tvs and computer monitors right?

[quote name='Danil ACE']I mentioned this here somewhere before, but I was able to sell my unopened Forza/Marvel for $40. So if you find one of those, and you don't want the games, you should be able to sell it to cover sales tax.[/quote]

Ebay is flooded with those pack-ins now. $20 + shipping seems to be average now. So yeah, sales tax.

Sam's had a nice bundle with the Forza/MUA pack-in, an extra controller, a play-and-charge kit, and a bag for $400. It was hard to leave all of that on the table but I ended up buying a Falcon Pro at Best Buy the day after Christmas w/o pack-in. I know there's no promise it'll be RROD-free, but I wanted to hedge my bets as much as I could.

I'll pick up Forza 2 along with Crackdown and something else during the next GameStop B2G1 sale. Totally obsessed with BioShock at the moment anyway, and there's a ton of other Christmas games to play until then.

[quote name='whatup5']i need a little help here. i cant find any 360 pro bundles near me. so should i just buy a arcade bundle and just get the hard drive separately. i can just buy a headset and ethernet cable ( i need a fifty footer anyway) for $40 if i wanted them. i dont have an HD tv right now anyway so i dont really need the component cables. composite cables will work on SD tvs and computer monitors right?[/quote]
The arcade SUX ! Just order the PRO bundle from Amazon.com for $349 shipped to your door no tax and FREE SUPER SAVER SHIPPING and its even a bundle with FORZA 2 and MARVEL ULTIMATE ALLIANCE !!:applause:

Shows instock right now and I am SURE it will be a Falcon BY NOW. The amazon forums confirm as much.

The BUNDLES are near extinct at this point I think so this is a GOOD DEAL !
:D

That's what I would do anyways.

Xfactor4

P.S. You could also check your local KMART or SEARS ! They have these bundles as well and I bought a GO PRO bundle just last week from my local Kmart since they got in a fresh shipment after NEW YEARS ! Just FYI... And yes, it was a lot #745 FDOU 175w Falcon too ! Be alert though because my local Kmart had 3 bundles, 2 LOT #745 and 1 LOT #731 OLD STOCK on the shelf. The NEW LOT 745's ! has the new GO PRO PRINTING on the actual box and the OLD ZEPHYR LOT #731 did not !:cool:

P.P.S. As you hunt for your Falcon, don't worry about the fact that the NEW stickers cover up the LOT # and TEAM # ! All this info is in the LAST 5 digits of the serial code anyways ! If the last 5 digits of the serial number are 74505 for example, the legend is (Y)ear(WEek#)(TEam#) as in 74505=YWKTE=2007 build date, week # 745 (November), and Team #05 or FDOU !

If the last 2 digits of the serial # are 07 then it is team CSON which is still ok although serial numbers ending with #05 are preferred since FDOU is the better choice ! Get as HIGH a lot # as possible since there are of course 52 weeks in each year so LOT #(7)01-(7)52 for all of 2007 build weeks !

Just thought I'd mention that I finally got my 360 'Pro' (premium) from buy.com. It was not a falcon chipset machine, but with the dvd drive scratching problems I've heard about, I'm not so sure I'm disappointed about that.

[quote name='mike.m']Just thought I'd mention that I finally got my 360 'Pro' (premium) from buy.com. It was not a falcon chipset machine, but with the dvd drive scratching problems I've heard about, I'm not so sure I'm disappointed about that.[/quote]

I just Googled and read some of the xbox.com forum postings; I haven't seen anything about a connection between Falcons and disc scratching. Can you please provide your source?

after much debating i decided i finally bought a 360, i got the pro holiday bundle from buy.com and after using the 5% off coupon code(sorry i don't have the link i just did a search of this forum and found one, thanks!) and the free shipping and no sales tax it was 334.99. And yes it was a Falcon!!!

Just as a heads up for those new to XB360, the online service has been having a LOT of weird, intermittent problems. You would think that would only apply to online multiplayer, but even if you're just signing into XBL to track achievements or access unlocked Live Arcade games, it can make it look like your console is completely hung. The irony is, it's not unlike the behavior you get when your Xbox is on it's way to the graveyard. It's been that way for a couple weeks now.

Go Microsoft!

Oh, and the bundle is a sweet deal. I got the Pro bundle from the Frys.com deal and it was worth every penny. Marvel Ultimate Alliance is an addictive button masher with nice achievement points. I'm saving Forza 2 for when I get the itch for a racing game.

So if I buy one from Buy.com (they are currently out of stock) you think a good chance of a Falcon/BenQ? I used the 5% off (only $15 off max) coupon and called Amazon to see if they would price match it. They wouldn't and in fact were kind of rude about it. Seems silly. Was going to buy an extra controller and some games with it too. Wouldn't discount a $600 order $15. I guess that is their loss. Comments?

[quote name='Guru006']So if I buy one from Buy.com (they are currently out of stock) you think a good chance of a Falcon/BenQ? I used the 5% off (only $15 off max) coupon and called Amazon to see if they would price match it. They wouldn't and in fact were kind of rude about it. Seems silly. Was going to buy an extra controller and some games with it too. Wouldn't discount a $600 order $15. I guess that is their loss. Comments?[/quote]

I think that is your best bet personally. Since it is now Jan 08 and they are currently out of stock, when they are back in stock I just think they will HAVE TO BE Falcons at this stage in the game ! :D

Heck, even my local Kmart is getting LOT #745 Falcon's these days. lol..

Xfactor4

[quote name='mike.m']
[quote name='gantt']
[quote name='mike.m']Just thought I'd mention that I finally got my 360 'Pro' (premium) from buy.com. It was not a falcon chipset machine, but with the dvd drive scratching problems I've heard about, I'm not so sure I'm disappointed about that.[/quote]
I just Googled and read some of the xbox.com forum postings; I haven't seen anything about a connection between Falcons and disc scratching. Can you please provide your source?[/quote]
http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/Microsoft-admits-scratch-problem-with-Xbox-360.html

There's a quote where MS acknowledges 'a problem', and it appears to only be affecting systems manufactured after Dec. '06[/quote]

The post in your link is dated 4/15/07 and states "The problem also seems to be mainly found by consoles produced in December 2006" (not "after" 12/06). According to everything I've read, this is well before the Falcon was rolled into production. I still don't see the connection between Falcons and disc scratching that your post implies. If you're concerned about this scratching issue based on this link, I'd be more concerned with a pre-Falcon unit, especially one manufactured in late 2006/early 2007.

[quote name='Guru006']So if I buy one from Buy.com (they are currently out of stock) you think a good chance of a Falcon/BenQ?[/quote]

FYI, I have a Falcon/BenQ and a Falcon/Hitachi side-by-side and I find the Hitachi preferable to the BenQ. They're probably very similar in volume (they measure the same on an audio meter), but the pitch of the drive noise is more irritating on the BenQ and seems louder. The Hitachi makes noticeable optical-drive reading noises when it accesses the disc, but this is infrequent compared to the ongoing spinning drive noise.

I realize most people think the BenQ is better; maybe there is significant unit-to-unit variation, or maybe it depends on your hearing. You should keep an open mind if you get a Hitachi, IMO.

[quote name='Guru006']So if I buy one from Buy.com (they are currently out of stock) you think a good chance of a Falcon/BenQ? I used the 5% off (only $15 off max) coupon and called Amazon to see if they would price match it. They wouldn't and in fact were kind of rude about it. Seems silly. Was going to buy an extra controller and some games with it too. Wouldn't discount a $600 order $15. I guess that is their loss. Comments?[/quote]

Yeah. Amazon only pricematches itself.

Regarding the BenQ, mine sounds even louder running Oblivion than it did running Bioshock. I didn't realize it would vary, but I shouldn't have gotten this version of Oblivion.

My local TRU and Target both had one 360 Pro Bundle in stock with MUA/Forza. Lot was 746 FDOU 175w. If you're in the Cleveland area, there's still a few floating around.

After returning my 203 watt "maybe Falcon" I've been waiting to track down a 175 watt system but find only Arcade Packs or an odd Halo 3 Edition.

Since supplies on the "Holiday" bundle seem to be running out should I buy the first one I see or is there going to be a new bundle or some kind of price drop in the near future?

[quote name='gantt']FYI, I have a Falcon/BenQ and a Falcon/Hitachi side-by-side and I find the Hitachi preferable to the BenQ. They're probably very similar in volume (they measure the same on an audio meter), but the pitch of the drive noise is more irritating on the BenQ and seems louder. The Hitachi makes noticeable optical-drive reading noises when it accesses the disc, but this is infrequent compared to the ongoing spinning drive noise.

I realize most people think the BenQ is better; maybe there is significant unit-to-unit variation, or maybe it depends on your hearing. You should keep an open mind if you get a Hitachi, IMO.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to agree with you. I've had 2 different Hitachi and 2 different BenQs and I have always prefer the Hitachi drives. Maybe because these are the revised Hitachi drives?

Received my replacement 360 from CC. Looks like its probably a Zypher. The lot #is 741 and the PSU is 203. I couldn't see inside as I'm at work and don't have my flashlight. I'm just going to run my 360 for a long time and see if it shits itself.

[quote name='Deathmonkey']
Since supplies on the "Holiday" bundle seem to be running out should I buy the first one I see or is there going to be a new bundle or some kind of price drop in the near future?[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing. I know if I wait a few more weeks, all the stores that sold out a few weeks ago (Best Buy) should get new shipments, which would most likely be the newer version. But Forza is a pretty cool game...

[quote name='Kayden']Received my replacement 360 from CC. Looks like its probably a Zypher. The lot #is 741 and the PSU is 203. I couldn't see inside as I'm at work and don't have my flashlight. I'm just going to run my 360 for a long time and see if it shits itself.[/quote]

LOT #741 is probably a FALCON even though the PSU says 203 watt. Also, the box might say 203 watt but the power supply might still be 175 watt.

ALSO, some Falcons do SHIP WITH a 203 watt Power Supply so I do advise doing the flashlight test.

I still think it is a Falcon though being built the 41st week of 2007.

My lot #742 is a Falcon with 175 watt PSU but the box said 203 watts.

Good luck !

Xfactor4

I just traded mine in at Gamestop. Probably not the best you can get for them, but check our Wiki to see what I got (and add like 30% or whatever if you get in on that trade 4 games in deal and have an Edge card).

When did they start releasing the 360 elite's with the two free games? I ordered one on-line from BB since no stores had one in stock in my vicinity and even though the Manufacturer date is Nov. 14 2007, it didn't come with the two games, and it didn't even have the HDMI cable!

No, its a Zypher.[quote name='Xfactor4']LOT #741 is probably a FALCON even though the PSU says 203 watt. Also, the box might say 203 watt but the power supply might still be 175 watt.

ALSO, some Falcons do SHIP WITH a 203 watt Power Supply so I do advise doing the flashlight test.

I still think it is a Falcon though being built the 41st week of 2007.

My lot #742 is a Falcon with 175 watt PSU but the box said 203 watts.

Good luck !

Xfactor4[/quote]

[quote name='Kayden']No, its a Zypher.[/quote]

Actually its 'Zephyr' and did you do the flashlight test ?

It is YOUR business and all but I have a lot 742 and know MANY people with a LOT #740 and they are ALL falcons. Some with 203 watt an some with 175 watt.

I just don't understand how yours would be in the middle. It's not like they switch back and forth between Zephyr and Falcon MOBO's on the assembly line !?!?:roll:

Xfactor4

[quote name='Xfactor4']I just don't understand how yours would be in the middle. It's not like they switch back and forth between Zephyr and Falcon MOBO's on the assembly line !?!?:roll:[/QUOTE]
There's more than one assembly line in a factory. Not all of them are doing exactly the same thing.

Yes. I'm positive and it makes perfect sense. They have a POS product they know will break but they don't want to eat the cost of all those old boards they have yet to ship. So they make a new revision and slowly slip the old ones out with them in hopes they'll be confused for the new version.

Three inducers and a 203w PSU.

Do you know people with 740 Falcons because they sorted through them or did they just happen to get them?

[quote name='Xfactor4']Actually its 'Zephyr' and did you do the flashlight test ?

It is YOUR business and all but I have a lot 742 and know MANY people with a LOT #740 and they are ALL falcons. Some with 203 watt an some with 175 watt.

I just don't understand how yours would be in the middle. It's not like they switch back and forth between Zephyr and Falcon MOBO's on the assembly line !?!?:roll:

Xfactor4[/quote]

Is there a preferred combination?

Zephyr vs. Falcon

BenQ vs Hitachi

Also, can you tell from looking at the box? If not, where can you look to see?

My issue is, short of buying the unit and looking at home, how can I tell?

Thanks!

I second that motion..

Mines a lot #741
Team FDOU
203 W

Three Inductors proven with flashlight..

Although, mine has been perfect since Christmas, and it sometimes runs for 6 hours at a time with no freezing, etc.

Just make sure you guys actually CHECK (look inside with a flashlight) before saying it's a Zephyr, and then say you've done that, because I'm sure there are people who claim it's a Zephyr, but never actually looked inside it.

Mine's a 739 FDOU and it's a Falcon.

Orrimarrko, Falcon's preferable because it has a better shot of finally being reliable-although we don't really know yet.

Drives...I don't know. BenQ is supposed to be quieter, but I've got one, and while it is quieter than my old 360s, it still sounds like a leaf blower and is enough that I'd rather play a game on any other platform if possible.

[quote name='Inf^Shini']When did they start releasing the 360 elite's with the two free games? I ordered one on-line from BB since no stores had one in stock in my vicinity and even though the Manufacturer date is Nov. 14 2007, it didn't come with the two games, and it didn't even have the HDMI cable![/QUOTE]

Months ago. They've dried up in a lot of places, may be hard to get now. The regular 360 has never shipped with an HDMI cable, though it should have an HDMI port (or else something's really wrong!)

[quote name='xtreme_Zr2']Although, mine has been perfect since Christmas, and it sometimes runs for 6 hours at a time with no freezing, etc.[/quote]

6 hours at a time without freezing! Hot damn! My PS2 has been running for 3 days now without freezing (long level, no save capability, only short bursts of free time) - and I don't notice it's on most of the time, because it doesn't sound like a jet engine. Amazing how we've lowered our expectations for "nex gen."

[quote name='gantt']6 hours at a time without freezing! Hot damn! My PS2 has been running for 3 days now without freezing (long level, no save capability, only short bursts of free time) - and I don't notice it's on most of the time, because it doesn't sound like a jet engine. Amazing how we've lowered our expectations for "nex gen."[/quote]

hahaha...thanks smart a$$! Yes its true, my slim ps2 will also run for miles on end, however most of 360's problems seem to happen when running for extended periods of time..i guess thats why i feel lucky? (for lack of a better word.)

360s are garbage and I wish I didn't have a stack of (free) games I wanted to play. Most of them I could play on my PS3, but I can't get those free.

My old original Xbox brick has been running great all these years, while my 360 seems so much more fragile. I understand that it builds up heat, but I'm still amazed how loud the system is while playing a game and how warm the console is after having it on for a few hours. That's just ineffiency on MS's part. Sure the warranty for the RROD is nice, but they shouldn't have had to deal with this in the first place. I don't hear any PS3 owners (not that I really know any) complain about their consoles on how loud they run and how they overheat.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Just make sure you guys actually CHECK (look inside with a flashlight) before saying it's a Zephyr, and then say you've done that, because I'm sure there are people who claim it's a Zephyr, but never actually looked inside it.

Mine's a 739 FDOU and it's a Falcon.

Orrimarrko, Falcon's preferable because it has a better shot of finally being reliable-although we don't really know yet.

Drives...I don't know. BenQ is supposed to be quieter, but I've got one, and while it is quieter than my old 360s, it still sounds like a leaf blower and is enough that I'd rather play a game on any other platform if possible.

Months ago. They've dried up in a lot of places, may be hard to get now. The regular 360 has never shipped with an HDMI cable, though it should have an HDMI port (or else something's really wrong!)[/QUOTE]

sorry, forgot to mention my lot 743 had been flashlight tested and showed 3 inductor rings. zephyr.

Btw, I did doublecheck and I indeed do have a falcon. Thanks for the tip of doing the test with the Xbox 360 flat and shining the light sideways on the right side.

Sorry guys, a bit off-topic, but I were to sign up for the free 1 month trial of Amazon prime, could I essentially use it to get 2-day shipping on this, cancel afterwards, and not have to pay the fee for the service itself?

Thanks!

Btw, my local TRU store has the Pro systems in stock, but now they're without the bundles. If you can find one now, consider yourself lucky.

bread's done
Back