Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Deal

I wouldn't be surprised if someone's reached out to their CS last night in fear that they'd get overcharged. I still have two codes as "preparing" on my order, so I guess we'll see what happens today.

Still, 18 months of gamepass for $60 was a heck of a ride, that's for sure

Costco cancelled my first order for three.  I tried to reorder and, as soon as I hit submit, I saw it was now charging me $104 for the three.  Fortunately, that was also cancelled and now it continues to say $34 each in the cart, presumably because I already "ordered" the three $20 cards (despite them being cancelled) 
shrug.gif

So... ordered from Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to use the $5 monthly coupon from my Pro membership at GameStop this morning to save $5 on the 3 month Game Pass Ultimate card that's on sale for $20, and the girl at the counter claimed that the coupon isn't working on Black Friday.  That is a load of bullsh...

The manager got tired of me complaining, and she just took $5 off the total purchase that also included another game.  But they both spent most of the transaction trying to get me to renew my Pro membership that expires on New Year's Day.

My advice - buy your 3 month Game Pass Ultimate from anywhere except GameStop.  I am so tired of their upselling and shady tactics.  :bomb:

Do we think Target will charge us for the extra codes? I ordered 3 but got 6. Idk if I should redeem, worst case they charge me $60 extra total since it’s $20 on sale right?

Do we think Target will charge us for the extra codes? I ordered 3 but got 6. Idk if I should redeem, worst case they charge me $60 extra total since it’s $20 on sale right?
I don't know any more than anyone else does, but I highly doubt it. Just ask all those people who got their $1 codes for Yoshi Yarn on NSW almost a year ago.

How long between codes did it take for them to send the second set? Or were all six on one email?

12 hours since I ordered still no codes received.
Weird. Mine came within 20 mins. Just ordered at 10AM.

I ordered 2 codes at midnight last night and got 2 codes emailed at 3am but the target order still says preparing. Whether I get 2 more woopsie codes or not I'm good with the price I paid for the extra gamepass ultimate time

I don't know if this is common knowledge or a glitch for me, but I just redeemed a code from Best Buy for 3 months of GPU and it offered an extra month to turn on recurring billing.  I accepted and got 4 months total added.  When I removed recurring billing, it removed one day from my account.  I then repeated it with another 3 month code and got another 4 months added (minus one day when recurring billing is turned off each time).

I tried to use the $5 monthly coupon from my Pro membership at GameStop this morning to save $5 on the 3 month Game Pass Ultimate card that's on sale for $20, and the girl at the counter claimed that the coupon isn't working on Black Friday.  That is a load of bullsh...

The manager got tired of me complaining, and she just took $5 off the total purchase that also included another game.  But they both spent most of the transaction trying to get me to renew my Pro membership that expires on New Year's Day.

My advice - buy your 3 month Game Pass Ultimate from anywhere except GameStop.  I am so tired of their upselling and shady tactics.  :bomb:
That's just how they operate. You can't leave without them harassing you about something which includes insulting you, upselling you, lying to you, etc. The $5 certificates barely work on anything anyway so there's really no point to their membership unless you trade in games to them frequently or plan on buying regular priced stuff from them 12 times a year.

I was considering getting Game Pass but even with this great deal my backlog is just way too big to even consider it.

That's just how they operate. You can't leave without them harassing you about something which includes insulting you, upselling you, lying to you, etc. The $5 certificates barely work on anything anyway so there's really no point to their membership unless you trade in games to them frequently or plan on buying regular priced stuff from them 12 times a year.

I was considering getting Game Pass but even with this great deal my backlog is just way too big to even consider it.
I thought the same thing about Game Pass Ultimate until I finally pulled the trigger on it last year. Other than trying out games that I might not purchase otherwise, I enjoy the Game Pass Rewards and Perks that come with it. You can earn Microsoft Rewards points each month by completing certain challenges most of which are pretty easy, and there are exclusive DLCs that you can claim for certain games. I've been playing video games since I was 3 (I'm 41 now), and I need another game like I need a hole in my head. But I enjoy using Game Pass.

Just redeemed the 6 codes I bought from target at $19.99. Didnt get any extra codes like others have reported, but did get the +1 month when turning on auto renew on each card (turned off auto billing after each code of course). 2 years for $120 is so awesome for the best value in gaming!

Damn I wish now that I had ordered some from Target to get the extras ;). Meanwhile my one store pickup order for a physical card at Best Buy is still pending from yesterday. That's OK - I wouldn't be heading up there any time soon anyway.

I guess it's just as well I didn't get the extra Target codes. As I said before, I wouldn't be able to enter them for months and by then who knows if the codes would be valid.

I thought the same thing about Game Pass Ultimate until I finally pulled the trigger on it last year. Other than trying out games that I might not purchase otherwise, I enjoy the Game Pass Rewards and Perks that come with it. You can earn Microsoft Rewards points each month by completing certain challenges most of which are pretty easy, and there are exclusive DLCs that you can claim for certain games. I've been playing video games since I was 3 (I'm 41 now), and I need another game like I need a hole in my head. But I enjoy using Game Pass.
Likewise, I thought the same when I first heard about it. It sounded really bad for me since I don't play that many different games. But then when I found out about the gold conversion a few weeks ago after I got my Series X, I decided to give it a shot. And now I've gotten my son (who lives in a different town - I'm already gamesharing with my other son at home) signed up for 3 years too. It's already changed how I play games. Now instead of just playing one game all the time (Destiny 2), I'm giving a variety of indie games a shot now.

As an added bonus, I've been able to sell off a few physical games that I got for my boys to pay for some of the sub too. Just sold Forza Horizon 4, Outer Worlds, and Jedi Fallen Order - cleared about $80 for them. Hopefully my buyers don't see how cheap Forza and Outer Worlds are for BF! I sold them just before the BF prices came up.

Sounds like Target struggled getting the system to keep up and when they manually sent 3 codes to people, it kicked out the original order. I’d say all’s fair for their initial failure.

I was ready to buy the 3 month GPU for $23 at BB but heard about the EA to GPU conversion. I bought 2 EA Access subscriptions from Shop To for about $44 and immediately received my codes. They were converted to 8 months. So about $5.50/month. Just another option for current GPU subscribers.
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MENTIONING THIS ... $44'ish for 8 months is fantastic!

Oh yeah I didn't open my sixth one when I got it last night and it's already a dead link. Go ahead and open and save your codes if you haven't already to be safe

Reached out to support after still not getting mine almost 24 hours later they told me to wait upto 48 hours to get mine. Since they're aware in a delay of these orders being processed.

Damn I wish now that I had ordered some from Target to get the extras ;). Meanwhile my one store pickup order for a physical card at Best Buy is still pending from yesterday. That's OK - I wouldn't be heading up there any time soon anyway.

I guess it's just as well I didn't get the extra Target codes. As I said before, I wouldn't be able to enter them for months and by then who knows if the codes would be valid.

Likewise, I thought the same when I first heard about it. It sounded really bad for me since I don't play that many different games. But then when I found out about the gold conversion a few weeks ago after I got my Series X, I decided to give it a shot. And now I've gotten my son (who lives in a different town - I'm already gamesharing with my other son at home) signed up for 3 years too. It's already changed how I play games. Now instead of just playing one game all the time (Destiny 2), I'm giving a variety of indie games a shot now.

As an added bonus, I've been able to sell off a few physical games that I got for my boys to pay for some of the sub too. Just sold Forza Horizon 4, Outer Worlds, and Jedi Fallen Order - cleared about $80 for them. Hopefully my buyers don't see how cheap Forza and Outer Worlds are for BF! I sold them just before the BF prices came up.
Speaking of indie games, I've actually discovered some great indies from using Game Pass too. Hotshot Racing is my new favorite racing game. I also enjoy Demon's Tilt, Forager, and Neon Abyss. So, yeah, that $6 a month or so is totally worth it.

Just a heads up. My GPU expired yesterday but I added EA Play codes from shopto before it expired. Although it says I have 2 years of GPU on my subscription management, it’s not registering I have GPU on the GamePass app. I’m unable to get check in points from the GamePass app and console. It says “Not Active” and wants me to join GamePass on the app. It’s weird because I can access all the GamePass games and GwG Xbox One games but not the 360 GwG games. I’ll wait a couple days and contact MS and see what’s up. It did glitch out and gave us 1 year of GPU instead of 4 months from the shopto EA Play codes, so that’s probably why it’s glitched now.

Just a heads up. My GPU expired yesterday but I added EA Play codes from shopto before it expired. Although it says I have 2 years of GPU on my subscription management, it’s not registering I have GPU on the GamePass app. I’m unable to get check in points from the GamePass app and console. It says “Not Active” and wants me to join GamePass on the app. It’s weird because I can access all the GamePass games and GwG Xbox One games but not the 360 GwG games. I’ll wait a couple days and contact MS and see what’s up. It did glitch out and gave us 1 year of GPU instead of 4 months from the shopto EA Play codes, so that’s probably why it’s glitched now.
It's prob just a lag in it updating. I would think you would still have access to 360 GwG though.

I ended up only receiving two codes, and got two "you've been charged 21.xx" notifications. Cool.

I'm curious about y'all who doubled up. How many "you've been charged" emails did you get?

I ordered 3 in one order but received 6 email codes and only one charge email. I never got a disregard email but I redeemed them right away. I wonder if the ones who waited had theirs revoked?

I ordered 3 in one order but received 6 email codes and only one charge email. I never got a disregard email but I redeemed them right away. I wonder if the ones who waited had theirs revoked?
That's what happened with the yoshi switch digital codes for $1. I didn't get in on that ons but read that anyone who was sitting on them to sell lost them when they started deactivating the codes that hadn't been redeemed, bur the ones that were redeemed didn't get revoked.

Is there a trick to getting my Ultimate subscription to work on my sons Xbox? He is able to use my basic XBL stuff but if he goes to Game Pass to download a game it prompts him to subscribe to it before he can download any games. I have already made his console the “Home” console while under my Gamertag but while he’s under his Gamertag he can’t do anything accept play online. Am I missing something? Would he always need to be under my Gamertag on that console before he could download any Game Pass games and than switch to his to play them?

Is there a trick to getting my Ultimate subscription to work on my sons Xbox? He is able to use my basic XBL stuff but if he goes to Game Pass to download a game it prompts him to subscribe to it before he can download any games. I have already made his console the “Home” console while under my Gamertag but while he’s under his Gamertag he can’t do anything accept play online. Am I missing something? Would he always need to be under my Gamertag on that console before he could download any Game Pass games and than switch to his to play them?
I assume you've already set up "Family sharing" and family settings in the Xbox accounts' settings?

Usually I install the game and then my son can launch it. I haven't tried to let him install a game but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work that way and your account needs to be the one to do the install.

I ended up only receiving two codes, and got two "you've been charged 21.xx" notifications. Cool.

I'm curious about y'all who doubled up. How many "you've been charged" emails did you get?
I only bought 2 as I picked up 2 from BB the day before. I didn't get any doubles. I did have problems trying to receive the codes through the email links. Next morning the links were loading.

I didn't get charged tax though. So with redcard I only paid $19, good enough for me.

My son's Xbox is set up as my home one. But, yeah, see below...

I assume you've already set up "Family sharing" and family settings in the Xbox accounts' settings?

Usually I install the game and then my son can launch it. I haven't tried to let him install a game but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't work that way and your account needs to be the one to do the install.
Yeah, I think I needed to download stuff using my account. Once it's there, he can play it no problem (even when I'm not logged onto his Xbox).

My son's Xbox is set up as my home one. But, yeah, see below...

Yeah, I think I needed to download stuff using my account. Once it's there, he can play it no problem (even when I'm not logged onto his Xbox).
Don't think there is a way around this, you have to download it for him. Except for free to play games, he should be able to download those.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I had a similar problem, but I was completely locked out of the app and games after my original subscription ended even though I added 2 years on the EA glitch. Tried to get some help from MS support but they were pretty worthless. Had me power cycle and remove and readd my main account. After that I decided to get a 3 month code from Target, and it ended up converting the 2 years of EA I added (showed up as gamepass ultimate on my MS account page) at 1:1. I'm not sure if the deal is still live, but you should pick one up in case you end up getting locked out like I was.

For those wondering, I just noticed an email I missed from target telling me about the error and that I'm not being charged extra, jsyk

Put an order for a 3 month ultimate code from target about 9 hours ago. Still haven't gotten a code. 

Go to “My games & apps,” down to “full library” then you can select Game Pass or EA Play and download the games from there.

I don’t think I had to set up any family sharing settings

So my subscription ends on December 6, 2020. I have several 3 month codes to use. Any reason to hold off until my sub ends before I use the codes? Any chance for a $1 resub once it expires?
You won't see another $1/month or "1:1 carry-over" deal for any existing GP account. As a Game-Pass user, your backend profile switched from XBL to XGP, and it's a 1-way trip, assuming the news is true they're about to close down the "Live" brand, or at transfer XBL-Gold benefits (just multiplayer, not free stuff) to all XBL accounts (what has been the XBL-Silver level). The purpose of those deals was to copy more information about you to the new GP database with your consent, not just to be nice. :D/

You won't see another $1/month or "1:1 carry-over" deal for any existing GP account. As a Game-Pass user, your backend profile switched from XBL to XGP, and it's a 1-way trip, assuming the news is true they're about to close down the "Live" brand, or at transfer XBL-Gold benefits (just multiplayer, not free stuff) to all XBL accounts (what has been the XBL-Silver level). The purpose of those deals was to copy more information about you to the new GP database with your consent, not just to be nice. :D/
Shouldn't he let it lapse, then fill up on gold, then take advantage of the just announced 3 month for $1 GPU?

This is what I see on the GPU FAQ:

Note The upgrade of any prepaid time to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate can’t be reverted back to Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, or EA Play, and you can’t receive a refund for these subscriptions. You can, however, rejoin Xbox Live Gold, Xbox Game Pass, or EA Play when your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription ends.

Just giving everyone a heads up, it took Target 4 days to send me my codes for Ultimate. I didn't email or call just decided to give it a week since I was in no rush to get them.
However, there may be a glitch in their system cause I was sent double the codes I bought?
Just paid $60 for 18 months of Ultimate but with the auto renew deal got 2 years out of it. I'll take it!

bread's done
Back