Xbox "Games with Gold" - Dead Rising 2 & Case Zero Free *8/15 - 8/31*

Maybe someone with a bit more experience could help clarify something for me.

"*“Games with Gold” bonus games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for paid Gold members only. Each participating Xbox 360 game (selected by Xbox) available for download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. Offer available in all Xbox Live countries while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient."

That's the print mentioned at the bottom of the page. Am I right in assuming it means while the game is chosen, in this case Fable 3 till 6/15 that means I can only download it between that time period? Or does that mean I can "purchase" the game as it's free and then choose to download it at a later date past the 15th? Reason I ask is because I have the 20gb HDD (older model) so I wanted to make sure I have room for future free items they'll offer.

For instance I download Fable 3 now, play it a few and then after the 15th delete it, get the new one, but perhaps two months from now go back and redownload Fable 3. Is that possible or would I have to pay the price it currently is in the marketplace?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Once you download it it's yours.

Many people I know with 20gb Hard Drives operate this way. Play a game, delete the game, move onto another game, re-download the game if their in the mood. Doing this, there's no reason to even upgrade beyond 20gb.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait till Microcheap gives us Perfect Dark Zero and Gears of War 1 and other launch titles.
Considering how the games so far are Fable 3, Halo 3, and Assassin's Creed 2, I doubt that's the path they're gonna take. Not brand brand new games, but not super old obscure games either.

Maybe someone with a bit more experience could help clarify something for me.

"*“Games with Gold” bonus games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for paid Gold members only. Each participating Xbox 360 game (selected by Xbox) available for download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. Offer available in all Xbox Live countries while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient."

That's the print mentioned at the bottom of the page. Am I right in assuming it means while the game is chosen, in this case Fable 3 till 6/15 that means I can only download it between that time period? Or does that mean I can "purchase" the game as it's free and then choose to download it at a later date past the 15th? Reason I ask is because I have the 20gb HDD (older model) so I wanted to make sure I have room for future free items they'll offer.

For instance I download Fable 3 now, play it a few and then after the 15th delete it, get the new one, but perhaps two months from now go back and redownload Fable 3. Is that possible or would I have to pay the price it currently is in the marketplace?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.
Once you download it it's yours.
Many people I know with 20gb Hard Drives operate this way. Play a game, delete the game, move onto another game, re-download the game if their in the mood. Doing this, there's no reason to even upgrade beyond 20gb.
Unless you play more than one game at a time

The 48-Hour Gold Passes however have just increased in value though because of this promotion... Here's hoping they do decide to stick around with this idea because it's the best one that they have come up with.
According to a user in the Fable 3 thread, those codes do not allow you to get in on this deal, which makes sense, as those codes AFAIK never allowed you to take advantage of the Gold Sales.

I would like any of the following games to be free since I never bought them for one reason or another. These would be good candidates IMO

Alan Wake
Bioshock
Dead Space
Fallout: New Vegas
L.A. Noire
Mirror's Edge
The Orange Box
Portal 2
Prince of Persia
Resident Evil 4
Tales of Vesperia
Transformers: War for Cybertron
Vanquish

Considering my HDD space is drying up (I've yet to even redeem GeOW 1 code) along with a few more GoD games waiting to be downloaded, I think I'm just going to load up the games on my download history :p

Is that free month code reusable? I used it to grab Fable and I'm hoping to grab AC2 since I never played it but the subsciption is more than the games would cost to buy and I don't play online games on my Xbox.

Also, this Xbox deal only lasts until the One comes out, and I'm guessing this doesn't carry over to the One. So you'll only be having the GoDs on your 360, which may or may not be a good thing depending on if you'd like to get a One around launch date.
No prob. I'm not getting an Xbox One. I have way too many games on 360 I've yet to play, plus I still need to buy a PS3 and play the exclusives on it at some point.
In the same boat, literally need to kill my 360 backlog then on to the PS3 games. Wait, is the PS4 backwards compatible?

Also, this Xbox deal only lasts until the One comes out, and I'm guessing this doesn't carry over to the One. So you'll only be having the GoDs on your 360, which may or may not be a good thing depending on if you'd like to get a One around launch date.
No prob. I'm not getting an Xbox One. I have way too many games on 360 I've yet to play, plus I still need to buy a PS3 and play the exclusives on it at some point.
In the same boat, literally need to kill my 360 backlog then on to the PS3 games. Wait, is the PS4 backwards compatible?
Nope, but they're working on being able to stream PS3 games over the cloud which they should have up and running a few months after the PS4 is released.

I just can't download Fable 3 for the life of me. It always gives me an error  on 70% can't download item and once I do re-download it starts from beginning. Any Idea, anyone?

I used VPN to start downloading in first place, just a heads up. ANYONE :(

Elite49, on 11 Jun 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:3 games announced that most have played or don't want too. Good going MS you really are showing respect to us long term LIVE users.
even though i may agree te games arent new but they only announced 3 of the 24 games. you have to have faith and i have had my xbox 360 since launch n i love especially multiplayer!!

Elite49, on 11 Jun 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:3 games announced that most have played or don't want too. Good going MS you really are showing respect to us long term LIVE users.
even though i may agree te games arent new but they only announced 3 of the 24 games. you have to have faith and i have had my xbox 360 since launch n i love especially multiplayer!!
Do you have downs?

sigh...... again, who told you that this PROMO it's going to be for a year?:

"As a message of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Microsoft announced that every qualifying Xbox Live Gold member — new or existing — will receive two free Xbox 360 game downloads per month STARTING July 1 UNTIL Dec. 31, 2013, including popular titles “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And to celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold will receive a free download of “Fable III.”

That means 13 titles in TOTAL, not 24, gosh!!

I too couldn't download the Fable 3 game for whatever reason when it was showing up as FREE for gold members, but now it's reflecting a price of $19.99 for gold members... what gives?

Does anyone else see the Halo 3 giveaway as a really sly way to get more money from people via DLC?

The Mythic Packs still aren't free last I checked, and I forget about the other DLC packs other than Cold Storage which has always been free.

And you can't install the DLC from the Halo 3 MP disc from ODST, so you'll have to buy the DLC if you want to use it with the free download.

Quik Quest everyone.....

I was trying to play with my son on the Fable 3 and it gave some notice that he did not have the DLC and asked if he wanted to update to include it.

Confused on what happened....After that, I went into the Storage and saw that the Traitor Reach and Day 1 DLC were also downloaded after the Fable 3 had finished but it does not show up on any of our accounts as being Download History. Did this happen to anyone else or is this something that was free?

Just curious about this......

Quik Quest everyone.....

I was trying to play with my son on the Fable 3 and it gave some notice that he did not have the DLC and asked if he wanted to update to include it.

Confused on what happened....After that, I went into the Storage and saw that the Traitor Reach and Day 1 DLC were also downloaded after the Fable 3 had finished but it does not show up on any of our accounts as being Download History. Did this happen to anyone else or is this something that was free?

Yeh, i got day one and the traitors thing

More information on when we will get the games each month

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/21/xbox-live-gold-members-get-free-game-on-1st-and-16th-of-each-month-through-2013/

Quik Quest everyone.....

Curious indeed.

My lady love DLed the game on the Living Room 360 and she did not get either.

Guess some get it and others do not?

Quik Quest everyone.....

Curious indeed.

My lady love DLed the game on the Living Room 360 and she did not get either.

Guess some get it and others do not?
No one should have gotten any DLc with the download unless they went into the marketplace and downloaded them separately. You may hav e just gotten a compatibility pack in the update so at you can play with people who do have the DLC

Says that we are to get a game on the 1st and 16th of each month.  So where is our game for the 16th of June?

Their press release stated since the promotion started in the middle of June (it was like the 10th I believe) that Fable III was for the last half of June.

Their press release stated since the promotion started in the middle of June (it was like the 10th I believe) that Fable III was for the last half of June.
Fable is not part of the promo.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/18/fable-3-will-be-free-until-june-30-not-part-of-microsofts-games-with-gold-incentive/
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/games-with-gold

Terms & Conditions: *“Games with Gold” free games offer available 6/10/13-12/31/13 for qualified paid Gold members only. Two free games per month starts on July 1. The game available in June is a special bonus game that will be available from 6/10 – 6/30. Each participating Xbox 360 game (selected by Xbox) available for download from Marketplace only during specified half-month window; available games may vary by country. Some titles may only be available for download by account holders 18+. Kinect and/or hard drive required for some games. Offer available in all Xbox Live countries while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

3/3 Games I owned sometime. Wish August is good. Still have Halo 3 might probably get it out so can play with a barrage of people playing ti online.

As for Fable 3 can't download it after 80% it always stops, never happened to me with any legit purchase ever but since I have only bought 2 gods in my entire lifespan of xbla, may be I will have issues with others

Fable 3 was originally a glitch that was added as the bonus game at the last minute so they could make it look like it was on purpose.

"As a message of thanks to the millions of Xbox fans around the world for their passion and loyalty, Microsoft announced that every qualifying Xbox Live Gold member — new or existing — will receive two free Xbox 360 game downloads per month STARTING July 1 UNTIL Dec. 31, 2013, including popular titles “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II.” And to celebrate E3 in the month of June, Xbox Live Gold will receive a free download of “Fable III.”

thanks for clearing all that up and i now will pass on paying for live

thanks for clearing all that up and i now will pass on paying for live
The key word there is "two"...two free games per month starting july 1....they only gave one in June because it started at the midpoint.

3/3 Games I owned sometime. Wish August is good. Still have Halo 3 might probably get it out so can play with a barrage of people playing ti online.

As for Fable 3 can't download it after 80% it always stops, never happened to me with any legit purchase ever but since I have only bought 2 gods in my entire lifespan of xbla, may be I will have issues with others
Sounds like its your HDD to me. Make sure it has room on your HDD. The download is a little over 5gig. If you do have the room you might need a new HDD

I just can't download Fable 3 for the life of me. It always gives me an error on 70% can't download item and once I do re-download it starts from beginning. Any Idea, anyone?

I used VPN to start downloading in first place, just a heads up. ANYONE :(
I don't know if anyone is still having difficulty downloading but this might work. Go into your hard drive, delete it, and then try downloading again.

I was downloading Halo Waypoint from the Halo Anniversary disc and it kept stopping at 80%. Tried several times unsuccessfully and saw it on my HD so I deleted it. Tried the download again and it worked.

Also they tell you there are two games a month and u have half a month to dl each game meaning... 1 free game each 2 weeks

1. no, Fable III it wasn't a mistake, but the free download filtered before they could announce the "Games with Gold" promo.

2. and most important,  this promo it's NO under any evaluation or ANY EXTEND PERIOD.

Corporate vice president of Microsoft Studios, Phil Spencer, his answer was more than clear on this point:

"We've done the announcement up through the launch of Xbox One. We definitely value the Xbox Gold subscribers -- we think those people are the backbone of our ecosystem, they're the most active players. We want to reward them, and think that rewarding them is good for us."

please, do not post any unconfirmed news, this only makes people start bi%^ng, because someone posted something (without any trustworthy source or official source)

. We definitely value the Xbox Gold subscribers -- we think those people are the backbone of our ecosystem, they're the most active players. We want to reward them, and think that rewarding them is good for us
2 bad they didn't think about this years ago

bread's done
Back