Xbox "Games with Gold" - Dead Rising 2 & Case Zero Free *8/15 - 8/31*

Do not forget to get the FREE Crackdown add ons as well. I saw em and just added them to cue after this 6.+ Gig game downloads.

Really looking forward to DR2 and Case Zero. Son wanted those for a while but was waiting on a good sale to grab them. FREE is best sale price i can think of!

Cheers!!

How I wish that my internet wasn't limited to 10GB per month. 6+ GB for Crackdown, 6+ GB again for Dead Rising. Ah well, I suppose I can leave one in my download history and get it next month... unless next month's games are massive downloads too. :/

This month's two games don't seem that bad, certainly better than Defence Grid...

it's not that these games are terrible. but they're not very good.

Speak for yourself. Crackdown has held the test of time very well. Just played a few hours last night and damn it has held up well!

How I wish that my internet wasn't limited to 10GB per month. 6+ GB for Crackdown, 6+ GB again for Dead Rising.
Download them overnight when it doesn't count towards your limit, that's what I'll be doing. Downloading/auto off in standby mode is great and also vital for GoD

Mah, surely it's worth the 5€ per month, but it's tricky: some titles are owned already from everyone (like Ac2 and Halo3, I'm pretty sure more then half of gold users had them already) and the other half aren't the best that could give away... (CrackDown 2 would have been enjoyed more, as anyway it's not that recent title. And Defense Grid... seriusly?  that game has been given free already everywhere, it's just a minigame, not even an arcade ._.)

I hope untill christmas we will see good titles :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How I wish that my internet wasn't limited to 10GB per month. 6+ GB for Crackdown, 6+ GB again for Dead Rising. Ah well, I suppose I can leave one in my download history and get it next month... unless next month's games are massive downloads too. :/
Just start the download then immediately cancel it, this "purchases" the game on your account and lets you download it whenever you want.

EDIT: Or you can use your download history too, yeah...

This month's two games don't seem that bad, certainly better than Defence Grid...
Just purchase them and when they get put on the Download Queue, just delete it. That way, it will be on your download history and you're free to download it whenever you want.

P.S. What internet company gave you a 10GB limit?

The nice thing of those games with gold is that if you don't have gold you can just create a new account and start the trial month to download 2 games for free  :)

The nice thing of those games with gold is that if you don't have gold you can just create a new account and start the trial month to download 2 games for free :)
so all you have to do is create a new account and you can get gold ? or is there more to it

If he's from the UK then BT so all you do is download overnight when it doesn't count towards your limit.
Yeah, I'm from the UK, and I hate BT and their limits... I knew some companies did the overnght downloads not counting towards your limit thing, but I don't know if BT do it?

so all you have to do is create a new account and you can get gold ? or is there more to it
The first few accounts you make on a console will be offered free 30 day gold, iirc. Probably the first three accounts? I know it's not unlimited, that's for sure.

Yeah, I'm from the UK, and I hate BT and their limits... I knew some companies did the overnght downloads not counting towards your limit thing, but I don't know if BT do it? .
Check your usage on your account if you can access it where it will show day/night usage but if you/person who set it up/pays doesnt know then im guessing bt dont allow.

How much £/gb are you charged? 10gb is a shocker and isnt good for GoD

I'm pretty sure BT don't do the overnight downloads thing, I can't find anything about it on my usage. I get charged £5 for every 5GB extra used (which means even if I go over the limit by 0.1GB or something, I still get charged £5). So yeah, overall it's not great for downloading GoD. I've never really downloaded that many until now, but I can't miss all these free ones.

I'm going to have to keep them in my purchase/download history and download them later, then. That's going to be a big backlog if there's many more months like this though. xD

Anyway, sorry for hijacking this thread with my broadband grumbling. :p

I always heard the US had the worst Internet. Those rates are almost as bad as we get charged for cell phone data.

I agree with the others. Start the download then cancel it.

Yeah that price seems standard, get them in your history and use the extra 5gb to the fullest. Yup its going to be tough mate all the best with it

"I really hope we get a Batman game for free"

i'll second that.. i'm kind of expecting the first arkham to be among future titles.

crackdown's alright, but i got it with my 360  way back, so i skipped it.

stoked for dead rising 2 though, skipped that one upon release (on zombie overload with left 4 dead's at the time ;) ) but enjoyed the first

Case Zero is free for games for gold in Korea. The Korea version is also stackable for achievements. But I heard its hard to create a korean account because you need an I-Pin number.

Well 1 set of 2 free is fine.  I'm never played DR 2, and I bought Case Zero on sale a ways back (like 10/2010) and still havent' played it XD lol why do i buy so much stuff ( O yea cause it's free w/ Bing y not XD)

if you dont have gold make up an indian account for free one month and download dr2 and you can play it on any profile on your xbox

im from the uk

Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD is also free (Games with Gold offer) on the UAE xbox marketplace. Just create an US account on the console (IMPORTANT); start the 1-month gold trial (you'll need a credit card); go to your account on xbox[.]com and disable automatic renewal for the account you just created to avoid any problems with your credit card; migrate region to UAE (the 1-month gold trial will be transferred too); download the game (no region lock on it). Then you can play it with any account logged in to LIVE only on the first console you downloaded the game on. You're welcome.

Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD is also free (Games with Gold offer) on the UAE xbox marketplace. Just create an US account on the console (IMPORTANT); start the 1-month gold trial (you'll need a credit card); go to your account on xbox[.]com and disable automatic renewal for the account you just created to avoid any problems with your credit card; migrate region to UAE (the 1-month gold trial will be transferred too); download the game (no region lock on it). Then you can play it with any account logged in to LIVE only on the first console you downloaded the game on. You're welcome.
UAE?

It gives the same error with a Japanese VPN. Something about the region of game not matching the console and it doesn't let me download it.

I had the same problem with Shadowrun.
Don't waste your time. RE Code Veronica X HD is in Japanese and is NTSC/J Region locked. So you can't play it accept a J region console and even if you have the console the game is in Japanese.

Why would you need UAE Account?

Is there something special there?
The something special there is the free game Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD from the Games with Gold offer. There's absolutely no region lock on it (at least when I got it) and it's in English. If you have a credit card don't miss out on it. It's a really easy procces.

On another note, that's BIOHAZARD Code Veronica that's region locked, for NTSC/J console only and Japanese language only.

The something special there is the free game Resident Evil Code Veronica X HD from the Games with Gold offer. There's absolutely no region lock on it (at least when I got it) and it's in English. If you have a credit card don't miss out on it. It's a really easy procces.
The UAE marketplace copy is most definitely region locked.

The UAE marketplace copy is most definitely region locked.
I also gotta mention I live in Romania and I have a PAL console. The fact that I got it successfully downloaded proves that it is neither country locked (I used my regular romanian connection to d/l it all the way) nor console region locked (UAE is in Asia with local NTSC/J region and my console is PAL and it works; maybe it doesn't work on NTSC/U consoles, I can't say I know that). Don't assume it's region locked and go see for yourself. It might have got locked in the meantime, but I doubt it.

I also gotta mention I live in Romania and I have a PAL console. The fact that I got it successfully downloaded proves that it is neither country locked (I used my regular romanian connection to d/l it all the way) nor console region locked (UAE is in Asia with local NTSC/J region and my console is PAL and it works; maybe it doesn't work on NTSC/U consoles, I can't say I know that). Don't assume it's region locked and go see for yourself. It might have got locked in the meantime, but I doubt it.
CONSOLE region locked is what I mean. NTSC/U consoles cannot use it. You should have specified your PAL console to begin with.

I think no one said this 'til now but Dead Rising 2 is not region locked like the previous free games. At least I could download it completely. Case Zero is region locked, download stops at 80%

bread's done
Back