Xbox "Games with Gold" - Dead Rising 2 & Case Zero Free *8/15 - 8/31*

I think no one said this 'til now but Dead Rising 2 is not region locked like the previous free games. At least I could download it completely. Case Zero is region locked, download stops at 80%
noticed that too but works fine with a VPN connection.

and btw: Resident Evil is not region locked and works fine with a PAL console.

Games with Gold for September: Magic 2013 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in September will be Magic 2013 and Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas.

Starting Sunday (September 1st) Magic 2013 (Normally US $9.99) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through September 15th .

Then on September 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can download Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas (Normally US $19.99) for free. Note: South Africa Xbox Live members will receive Shadowrun instead of RSV.

As a reminder, the “Games With Gold” program gives Xbox LIVE Gold Members 2 free games to keep each month. A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month.

LMAO man do they look sad. 

getting all sorts of grief for their choice of free games (deservedly so)

they really shouldn't have announced this 'games for gold' as such a big thing, and just had little surprises for us.. or if announced, they needed to do much better.

i bet their kicking themselves for almost everything at E3.

'hey look magic is free for a few days', is much better than.. 'we're gonna give you free games... and it's... magic!'

almost a worse case scenario; giving stuff away, while still looking kind of bad doing so.

Ugh, I wish they'd fix their crappy website. Can't preload/download the demo of Magic because I have "no valid payment options on file."

My converted points still don't show up and the damned thing is free, I don't have a valid payment option on file on purpose. 

This is why MS tends to suck, they abandon things like the xbox.com site when they get bored.

Take your pick for the announcement:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb8Sa0jp7Pw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iiryJwvDtc[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
Eh, not that good of games tbh. I definitely try out Magic 2013 and I already have the other game. I can't beilve it's 20 bucks on the marketplace I got it years ago at a gamestop for $1.99, seems like a ripoff to sell it at that much. Also to people who get the Rainbow 6 game make sure to grab the free DLC that the game has, it includes a couple new maps and such. The Marketplace thread should have the links.

Has anyone tried to play Magic 2013? Me and my friends tried a week ago and none of us could connect, it was like they took the servers down like they did for the first two games.

I dont caremmuch about rabinbow six i never played any of them, but magic is cool.  even if it's old as hell 2013 was 2012 edition i think

Ugh, I wish they'd fix their crappy website. Can't preload/download the demo of Magic because I have "no valid payment options on file."

My converted points still don't show up and the damned thing is free, I don't have a valid payment option on file on purpose.

This is why MS tends to suck, they abandon things like the xbox.com site when they get bored.
My fiance ran into this problem with AC2.

She was on the console, although you might be able to do it on the site as well. It will say switch currency or switch payment option, and then after she switched back to MS points it was Free to download.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back