Xbox "Games with Gold" - Dead Rising 2 & Case Zero Free *8/15 - 8/31*

Last edited by a moderator:
They never actually said Halo 3 and AC 2 would be the first titles, they were just the first to be announced as part of the sale, they did not give. Time frame for when those specific games would be free except that it oiled be sometime within the coming months.

They never actually said Halo 3 and AC 2 would be the first titles, they were just the first to be announced as part of the sale, they did not give. Time frame for when those specific games would be free except that it oiled be sometime within the coming months.
After re-watching I do agree with this BUT they certainly gave the impression to people that those were first and did not correct anyone.

Gee, I wonder why they didn't say, "And the first game is Defense Grid!" at the conference? Oh yeah, they would have had their asses laughed out of there. I'm sorry but everything they said at that entire conference was written by lawyers and made to deceive normal people (non-lawyers). Why even use the phrase "and to kick off", why not just say, "two of the games"?

Every fucking move they make makes me want the Xbox One even less.

I can't believe them!! Sony never gives arcade games!

Oh wait...
I love how you point to Sony in defense of Microsoft for everything. Hey, PS+ had a much better launch than this. Even if PS+ was HORRIBLE the entire time they had the program (which I've never paid for myself), that wouldn't make this good. One company's bad practices do not justify another company's bad practices.

Defense Grid: The Awakening,XBLA GAME?!
where is Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2(XBOX 360 GoD)?

Games with Gold for July 1: Defense Grid: The Awakening

http://majornelson.com/2013/06/30/games-with-gold-for-july-1-defense-grid-the-awakening/

Defense GridAs part of the “Games With Gold” program announced at E3 in June, I wanted to give you a heads up the next title will be Defense Grid: The Awakening. Normally 800 Microsoft Points, Defense Grid: The Awakening will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members July 1st through July 15th .

As a reminder, the program gives Xbox LIVE Gold Members 2 free games to keep each month. A new title will be available the 1st and 16th of each month.

the worst part its that they are now putting XBLA games in the promo and not only GonD's so maybe assassins creed 2 and halo 3 will be the cherry on top of cake and they will throw garbage xbla at us like uno, joust, undertow, bankshotbilliards, marble blast ultra and so on

Pretty sure u can buy halo 3 and assassins creed 2 for under 10$ as well just like defense grid is 800 msp. I don't know why everyone thinks those old games are amazing. What do U expect ppl? If those were the two games mentioned then be prepared to b let down

No assassin 2 no halo 3 just shit game .... 

Defense Grid: The Awakening and at this time now i didnt see FREE just 800 msp so i cant download it maybe they repair this later. 

I have no clue what this game is but beleive it I am happy cause I owned AC 2 and Halo since ages and also had Fable, Finally something to get me excited.

P.S = Going to see what it is

I love how you point to Sony in defense of Microsoft for everything. Hey, PS+ had a much better launch than this. Even if PS+ was HORRIBLE the entire time they had the program (which I've never paid for myself), that wouldn't make this good. One company's bad practices do not justify another company's bad practices.

I don't think a free Fable game and a free defense game is bad business practice. But apparently you do.

They never said the first game you will get free will be Halo 3 then AC2!

They said...

I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed two, and Halo three

Doesn't sound like something to be so upset about to me.

Ehhh.

Not bad.

It's free. I don't see why you people are complaining.

It's not like they said "In July, we'll give out AC II and Halo 3. Did they?

No.

Major Nelson confirmed it that in July you will get AC 2 and Halo 3.

And as to the game, not my cup of tea but still free is free and will play it and I prefer it over AC 2 and Halo 3. One XBLA and one GOD per month seems a far better idea to me.

Ehhh.
Not bad.
It's free. I don't see why you people are complaining.
It's not like they said "In July, we'll give out AC II and Halo 3. Did they?
No.
(we don't allow you to post links just yet...)

Xbox Consoles News When to expect your free Xbox Live Gold games - Xbox 360 - The Official Magazine

When to expect your free Xbox Live Gold games

Fable 3 gives way to Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3, later this summer
Microsoft has detailed exactly when Xbox Live Gold members will get their hands on two free games, as promised during the manufacturer's E3 presser. Get your diary out, and draw a big smiley face on the 1st and 16th of every month between now and the end of the year.

Fable 3 is currently free to download from the Marketplace - it'll give way to Assassin's Creed 2 and Halo 3 next month.
"As our way of saying thanks, we're giving all active Gold members two bonus Xbox 360 games each month for the rest of the year," reads a blurb. "Each specially selected, fan-favourite game will be available to download only for a limited time, so grab them before they're gone and keep them no matter what."

Look everyone. Stop complaining about what free game you want because at the end of the day, MS are giving us all 2 free games a month. It doesn't matter what those games are, but they are FREE. So stop complaining. I don't have the July game, so I will be downloading and seeing what it's like. AC2 and Halo 3 will soon come, but in the meantime, they're still giving us free games.

I don't like or at least haven't been able to get into this type of game but at least it's free. It would be better if they included all the extra content stuff for free too.

I think if people want to complain they can do it, it's not like we plede allegiance to any company. They make money out of us, they want to keep making money out of us, they're not making us a favor.

Just a thought.

Look everyone. Stop complaining about what free game you want because at the end of the day, MS are giving us all 2 free games a month. It doesn't matter what those games are, but they are FREE. So stop complaining. I don't have the July game, so I will be downloading and seeing what it's like. AC2 and Halo 3 will soon come, but in the meantime, they're still giving us free games.
Well, they are not free. They are part of the $35-60 you paid for a year of Gold. If Silver account got these too THEN they would be free.

You would think they would start off the program with a game people actually like. Rather than some game genre that very few people enjoy, and those who do likely already bought this game. I already finished AC2 and dont like Halo, but starting with one of those titles would have been the better move. Especially considering how they promoted those two at E3. Microsoft would have been better off staying home from E3 this year, because everything they announced has turned sour.

Just xbox give free shit games... And watch PS+ i see they have battlefield 3 for free. This is nice game ! And microsoft? they have many people and big money. If u want play multi on xbox u need gold. Playstation? no need u can play multiplayer. We pay very much coas, peoples PS ? no, and look they have very very nice promotion we no.Why they write Assassin 2 and Halo 3 on july can be free. If i go marketplace games with gold i see just fable 3. Now they cheated people. For me this is not good for people from Microsoft. they do not give us the grace hopeless game for the PlayStation is a lot better and are not deceived. ( SRY FOR MY ENgLISH ) :)

Well, they are not free. They are part of the $35-60 you paid for a year of Gold. If Silver account got these too THEN they would be free.

You would think they would start off the program with a game people actually like. Rather than some game genre that very few people enjoy, and those who do likely already bought this game. I already finished AC2 and dont like Halo, but starting with one of those titles would have been the better move. Especially considering how they promoted those two at E3. Microsoft would have been better off staying home from E3 this year, because everything they announced has turned sour.

They are free if you didn't sign up knowing these were a benefit like I did in 2005. So they are free to me, a new benefit.

Kinda takes folks boasting about PS+ out of the mix too.

https://twitter.com/majornelson/status/351472618001547265

Larry HrybVerified account‏@majornelson  

FAQ: “Halo 3” and “Assassin’s Creed II" were mentioned as part of the program - no date was given for their release

They never said the first game you will get free will be Halo 3 then AC2!

They said...

I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed two, and Halo three

Doesn't sound like something to be so upset about to me.
What they actually said was "and to kick off that program I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed two, and Halo three"

By adding in the "to kick off" part it makes the statement seem completely different without it actually changing the meaning. They perfectly crafted this statement to mislead everyone. Hell they even confused their own twitter support account and didn't even correct them.

https://twitter.com/XboxSupport3/statuses/344548314995384320

I don't know why you feel the need to pop up whenever people are upset with MS Matsui. People have legitimate gripes with MS business practices. They have a PR department and they'll be just fine, they don't need you. The standard insert diss to PS+ comment in so many of your posts is getting pretty old as well. Just because someone doesn't like a move MS makes doesn't mean they are in love with PS unlike your obvious MS can do no wrong attitude.

In the end this is actually better for me I already have AC and Halo and would probably have most of the retails they would have released. Arcade games I'm less likely to have but it was still a shady move to make and let everyone believe one thing and not correct them for weeks.

What they actually said was "and to kick off that program I’d like to share just two of the titles we’re going to offer over the next few months – Assassin’s Creed two, and Halo three"

By adding in the "to kick off" part it makes the statement seem completely different without it actually changing the meaning. They perfectly crafted this statement to mislead everyone.
This! The line was filtered thru their PR department to make the program sound better than the program actually is. For example, the title of this thread is "Games on Demand". That's not true yet either but that was the perception that was reported on and that Microsoft did nothing to stop (until the nay-nay-nay by Larry Hyrb). There is no reason to use the phrase "And to kick off that program", unless you want to make it seem like Halo 3 and Assassin's Creed 2 is the beginning (coming in July). Why would you "kick off" by announcing two random titles in the lineup. In reality, they'll probably be the only notable highlights.

Either way, I'm happy to get any free games. I've been looking for an example of a good Tower Defense game. But come on, Microsoft. Stop the double speak and learn to manage expectations better.

They are free if you didn't sign up knowing these were a benefit like I did in 2005. So they are free to me, a new benefit.

Kinda takes folks boasting about PS+ out of the mix too.
I wouldn't say that, while we DO get to "permanently" keep these games on Xbox rather than the semi-rental of PS+ games, PS+ consistently gives out several games a month, with some new-newish stuff here and there. And it isn't a 6 month PR grab, it's been going for a while and presumably will continue with the PS4.

If MS gives us ONE game that isn't 4+ years old, I'll give them some credit, but the current promotion is a joke when you look at what they're trying to do with it. Which is try to wave away the mountain of terrible PR they've built up over the past couple of months-years and compete with what was a vastly superior luxury service instead of a requirement. Even with PS+ becoming required with PS4, it still sounds like you get more bang out of your free account. They've said you can use the extra services like Netflix free, and F2P games don't need it.

I was going to ask if Defense Grid was worth downloading, but it looks like the majority hates it. It's still a step toward improvement. We could still be stuck with the joke that is Xbox Rewards until just recently, (the addition of the punchcards were good, but late for me, as I had already purchased the bulk of my 80+ arcade titles before they implemented them).

I was going to ask if Defense Grid was worth downloading, but it looks like the majority hates it. It's still a step toward improvement. We could still be stuck with the joke that is Xbox Rewards until just recently, (the addition of the punchcards were good, but late for me, as I had already purchased the bulk of my 80+ arcade titles before they implemented them).
No no no, Defense Grid is actually a really good game. It is a terrific tower defense, totally worth grabbing even if it wasn't free. It just sucks that a several year old indie arcade game is what is being offered when they out and out said H3 and AC2 would be the games this month. DG is great, just no where near worth what people expected to receive.

Meh, it's a free game (and a lot of people also said they like it). People just complain too much because they think they're entitled to something. Just be happy you're getting something.

Meh, it's a free game (and a lot of people also said they like it). People just complain too much because they think they're entitled to something. Just be happy you're getting something.
Not free for me as I already own it. I do not own Halo 3 or Ass Creed 2. This game is too long and too hard. Most people will never finish this tower defense game.

Not free for me as I already own it. I do not own Halo 3 or Ass Creed 2. This game is too long and too hard. Most people will never finish this tower defense game.
In this situation I'd say you are in the minority with having this game but not the other 2. I didn't even really know or care about this game before but I bought, played, beat and got rid of halo and ass creed years ago. Halo 3 is something almost everyone with a 360 has played while ass creed 2 was probably the only good game of the series

I already own Halo 3 (as I'm sure everyone does) but if I download it does that mean I can play it directly from the HDD without having to swap discs? I also own ODST and have installed the disc with all the H3 multiplayer maps.

so i got Grid Defense yesterday... and i really like it :)

it's a very good game and i never heard of it till now....

i have always been a sucker for a decent tower defense

(it's games like this that make me wish microsoft would do something similar to Wii-u and the vita....... i'd love to play grid defense on a handheld and then back on the tv...)

I am blown away at the amount of bitching about free things in this thread. Free is free, and these are not terrible games by any means. We should be happy with MS finally trying to win our hearts over. We all know Microsofts sucks, but it is nice to get something, really anything for free! 

I already own Halo 3 (as I'm sure everyone does) but if I download it does that mean I can play it directly from the HDD without having to swap discs? I also own ODST and have installed the disc with all the H3 multiplayer maps.
Yes, if you download any game you have no need for the disc, that's kind of the point.

http://majornelson.com/2013/07/31/games-with-gold-for-august-crackdown-dead-rising-2-dr2-case-zero/

The next set of free games for Xbox Live Members in August will be Crackdown, Dead Rising 2 and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero.

Starting tomorrow (August 1st) the award winning Xbox 360 exclusive Crackdown (Normally 800 points) will be free for Xbox LIVE Gold members through August 15th .

Then on August 16th, Xbox Live Gold Members can grab BOTH Dear Rising 2 (Normally US $14.99) and Dead Rising 2: Case Zero (Normally 400 points) for free.

Just xbox give free shit games... And watch PS+ i see they have battlefield 3 for free. This is nice game ! And microsoft? they have many people and big money. If u want play multi on xbox u need gold. Playstation? no need u can play multiplayer. We pay very much coas, peoples PS ? no, and look they have very very nice promotion we no.Why they write Assassin 2 and Halo 3 on july can be free. If i go marketplace games with gold i see just fable 3. Now they cheated people. For me this is not good for people from Microsoft. they do not give us the grace hopeless game for the PlayStation is a lot better and are not deceived. ( SRY FOR MY ENgLISH ) :)
Don't you have anything better to do that come and try to troll on this thread? :roll:

bread's done
Back