Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Walt Jay']FYI, if anyone was curious on what games will be out this week with Game Room.[/QUOTE]

Wow that is retro as can be! I will grab super contra but the others wow i will pass. The football atari 2600 made me laugh and gag at the same time.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Wow that is retro as can be! I will grab super contra but the others wow i will pass. The football atari 2600 made me laugh and gag at the same time.[/QUOTE]

It's Super Cobra btw.

Looks like it's time to grab Mothership Zeta for Fallout 3. I hated spending $10 on it since it wasn't considered that great. However 400 points when I got my 1600 point card for $10 in the k-mart coupon fiasco is a no brainer for me.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA'] I know ms loves to pull support once a new console is out so maybe best to get disc ver if they release them for such things now. The new console is not to far off.[/QUOTE]

huh?

I'll pick up the Mothership Zeta DLC I think, I'll have it all then which will at least give me the option of getting all the Achievements.

[quote name='Fearbeard']It's Super Cobra btw.

Looks like it's time to grab Mothership Zeta for Fallout 3. I hated spending $10 on it since it wasn't considered that great. However 400 points when I got my 1600 point card for $10 in the k-mart coupon fiasco is a no brainer for me.[/QUOTE]

Got a card for $10 too and its an easy choice to turn that $10 into my missing 4 DLC :)

[quote name='reddjoey']
--Download the full or trail version of a Block Party title each week to be give a partial code for a unique avatar prop. The code will appear in the Game Market place section. (9XBX9-9RCD9-9BCK9-9???9-9???9)
*** XBoX-aRCaDe-BloCK ( speculation on 4 & 5 - PaRTy - PRoP - BBQ)
[/QUOTE]

My guess for the last two are PRT and GMS for Party Games...tried it and failed...though that's not to say it isn't as it might not be active yet.

So buying the Mothership Zeta DLC, still trying to decide whether im interested in Zeno Clash, though Megaman 10 is an insta-buy for me.

Wish i could have gotten in on the Block Party deal (Especially since i brought Perfect Dark and Toy Soldiers), but there is no way in hell i can justify Scrap Metal for 1200

Oh, and a tip for anyone planning to buy ALL of the Fallout 3 DLC during this sale. You can easily find one of the 2 DLC Discs used in a Gamestop (There are 2 of them, and they both have 2 DLC packs each on them), install the DLC, then return them, and save yourself 15ish dollars. The only one not available in disc form is Mothership Zeta

[quote name='Walt Jay']Wow. I was bracing for $20, but not above $15 works even better. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Unless something the equivalent of a retail game gets released on XBLA, i doubt they are gonna charge 1600 for anything anytime soon.

[quote name='dgwillia006']
Oh, and a tip for anyone planning to buy ALL of the Fallout 3 DLC during this sale. You can easily find one of the 2 DLC Discs used in a Gamestop (There are 2 of them, and they both have 2 DLC packs each on them), install the DLC, then return them, and save yourself 15ish dollars. The only one not available in disc form is Mothership Zeta[/QUOTE]

GOTY has all 5 on one disc.....

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']GOTY has all 5 on one disc.....[/QUOTE]

Yeah but GOTY is like 40-50 dollars, you can easily find Fallout 3 for 15-20 (Some of us even got it during Gamestops B1G1 deal), then buy and return both of the DLC Discs (Which barely cost like 13.50 used after using an Edge Card), install and return them, and just buy Mothership Zeta and save out on 20+ Dollars.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Yeah but GOTY is like 40-50 dollars, you can easily find Fallout 3 for 15-20 (Some of us even got it during Gamestops B1G1 deal), then buy and return both of the DLC Discs (Which barely cost like 13.50 used after using an Edge Card), install and return them, and just buy Mothership Zeta and save out on 20+ Dollars.[/QUOTE]

well i was saying get the goty used and return it after you install and save on that also, then just get a vanilla copy of fallout 3

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']well i was saying get the goty used and return it after you install and save on that also, then just get a vanilla copy of fallout 3[/QUOTE]

Oh, didnt know the GOTY's disc worked like that.

[quote name='dgwillia006']Oh, didnt know the GOTY's disc worked like that.[/QUOTE]

only on 360, has a second disc you install from my understanding, i already had the dlc before it came out though so i didnt do it this way

Hmm good tips on both Mother Ship Zeta and the GotY edition. Basically the same thing as Oblivion then? Think I will try a used GotY first and see if I can get all the DLC that way.

Also is anyone else grabbing Zeno Clash? I missed it when it was really cheap on Steam, and while I want the XBL version its rough paying $15 when it was like $5 on Steam or something? Granted that was a sale price but still.

[quote name='gunstar808']Hmm good tips on both Mother Ship Zeta and the GotY edition. Basically the same thing as Oblivion then? Think I will try a used GotY first and see if I can get all the DLC that way.

Also is anyone else grabbing Zeno Clash? I missed it when it was really cheap on Steam, and while I want the XBL version its rough paying $15 when it was like $5 on Steam or something? Granted that was a sale price but still.[/QUOTE]

It looks pretty fun, though cash is fairly tight for me, so im probally gonna pass. (It looks fun, but the lack of multiplayer turned me away, along with the fact i still have an XBLA backlog of 10+ games, including Perfect Dark, Toy Soldiers, and Vandal Hearts)

well if i get 500 points i have enough for 2, what do you guys suggjest for me, im new to fallout 3 (just got it last week)

[quote name='dgwillia006']I heard Zeta was the best as far as the items go, though i personally just got it myself, so i dont have any personal experience[/QUOTE]
ign said that point lookout and broken steel are the best so i was thinking of getting those, is this deal all week or just today?

OK, on "kind of" a related topic,
Has anyone heard about the EA 800 point rebate from a while back and if it would be applied on items bought through the "deal of the week/day"?

The thread is still out there in the deal graveyard, go take a look I'm sure there's a lot of people who bought stuff on sale that would have commented if they didn't get it.

[quote name='jab1235']well if i get 500 points i have enough for 2, what do you guys suggjest for me, im new to fallout 3 (just got it last week)[/QUOTE]

Broken Steel and Point Lookout, definitely. They offer the most content for the dollar.

[quote name='jab1235']well if i get 500 points i have enough for 2, what do you guys suggjest for me, im new to fallout 3 (just got it last week)[/QUOTE]

broken steel and point lookout, as others have said. easily the best 2 of the 5

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']broken steel and point lookout, as others have said. easily the best 2 of the 5[/QUOTE]

[quote name='aheineken']Broken Steel and Point Lookout, definitely. They offer the most content for the dollar.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the advice, just got the two :)

From Major Nelson:

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:
March 29: Cyber Troopers Virtual-On Oratorio Tangram, 800 Points
April 5: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2, 400 points each

Major updated his site

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2010/03/23/xbox-live-marketplace-release-schedule-march-23.aspx

Geometry Wars 2 on sale soon for half price, that's a great deal

Also I'm personally excited for the second Magic DLC pack next week

Also,

SALE: Between April 1st and April 7th, there will be Ten Arcade Games on sale (like Super Street Fighter II HD, South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY and Defense Grid: The Awakening) I’ll post the complete list of titles and sale prices as soon as get my hands on it.

Hopefully some great deals here

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']broken steel and point lookout, as others have said. easily the best 2 of the 5[/QUOTE]

In for these ones then. Thanks!

i got codes for O.A. and the Pitt if fellow cags need either of them, gonna get the GOTY, so i don't need them, will trade them for other dlc or xbla games or target clearence games etc. PM me.

I paid fifteen dollars for Virtual On? I don't remember doing that!

That list of arcade games coming on sale has me excited.

[quote name='dallow']Thanks much![/QUOTE]

No prob, glad to help. :)

[quote name='spree4567']SALE: Between April 1st and April 7th, there will be Ten Arcade Games on sale (like Super Street Fighter II HD, South Park LET'S GO TOWER DEFENSE PLAY and Defense Grid: The Awakening) I’ll post the complete list of titles and sale prices as soon as get my hands on it.[/QUOTE]That's great to hear. I'm really looking forward to this.

I can't wait until the full list of the ten discounted games is revealed.

I also can't wait for Geometry Wars 2. 400 points seems like a great price for it, and the multiplayer should be a blast with my friends.

I think that April 1st - 7th sale will be open to both Gold and Silver members, like the Countdown to New Years.

Game Packs 1 & 2 are free. They might not be now, though as there's something wrong with Game Room atm. You have to download them from your console while you're in Game Room. Hit the Guide button, then left. It should appear at the bottom of the blades. Now once you download Pack 1, do the same for Pack 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back