Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd pick up South Park if...I hadn't already spent hours at my friends house playing and beating it. I definitely enjoyed it though, a lot of fun to play intoxicated, doesn't take too much concentration, but still a challenge. Plus...dirty South Park humor (game is actually funny).

[quote name='yruluis']I haven't bought an xbla game in a while too bad none of the games interest me. I've never tried the demo's for any of the april fools sales. Demoing them is too much of a hassle for me.[/QUOTE]

Demoing is a hassle? I think it's more of a lack of interest than it literally being a hassle.

[quote name='yruluis']Demoing them is too much of a hassle for me.[/QUOTE]

Lol?

Anyway, might pick up Street Fighter, seems like a cheap enough price.

Rocket Riot is a hidden gem! Picked it up on release and don't regret it at all. Easily worth your 400 points.

As for me, I'll probably be picking up Street Fighter and South Park. Anything else of interest, I've already got.

does anyone know how to use the twin stickk controls?

It seems that if i make the right joystick go left and the right one go right, its a jump... any other tips? Unfortunately, there is no manual for this

Will consider these, probably end up buying 1 or 2:
April 5th: Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 800 pts 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off

Xbox LIVE Ten Arcade Game Sale: April 1st - April 7th
- Defense Grid: The Awakening 800 pts 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
- Mad Tracks 800 pts 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
- Rocket Riot 800 pts 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
- Schizoid 800 pts 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
- South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play! 800 pts 400 Microsoft Points - 50% off
- Super Street Fighter 2 HD Remix 1200 pts 560 Microsoft Points - 55% off

Also on deck:
-"Very Soon": Doom II: Hell on Earth

Super Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix looks pretty sweet for 560 pts. Too bad I only have the crappy D-pad on the regular remote to play with. Is a cheap arcade stick at least better than the normal controller?

Wow, with this sale and the PSN sale I'll be buying a lot of DL games this week!

I'm definitely getting Defense Grid (excellent reviews), Mad Tracks (local multiplayer with the kiddies), Rocket Riot (again, excellent reviews), and Wallace & Gromit (decent reviews plus always liked the cartoon and never finished the GC version + kids will like it).

I'm not sure on the others yet. But I'll be buying 4 PSN games as well and already bought Age of Booty for $4.99 on the PS3 the other week. I guess it is no surprise but I'm starting to build a fairly big backlog of downloaded games to add to the massive backlog of disc-based games :roll:.

But as long as they keep having these sales I'll keep buying - they need to be encouraged to do it as much as possible. I've also stopped buying any DL games at full price because of the backlog.

FWIW, from the PSN sale I'll be getting: Mushroom Wars - $4.99, Magic Orbz - $4.99, Cuboid - $4.99, and probably Smash Cars - $7.49.

And yet I'll be spending all my gaming time getting that FF XIII platinum ;).

[quote name='reininop']Super Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix looks pretty sweet for 560 pts. Too bad I only have the crappy D-pad on the regular remote to play with. Is a cheap arcade stick at least better than the normal controller?[/QUOTE]

Yes. In almost every case, yes. There's been mostly positive feedback on the MadCatz fightpads too, which are a fairly cheap option.

Not sure if NewEgg still has it on sale, but a few days back, they were selling the Tekken 6 bundle with wireless fightstick for $60.

[quote name='reininop']Super Street Fighter Turbo HD Remix looks pretty sweet for 560 pts. Too bad I only have the crappy D-pad on the regular remote to play with. Is a cheap arcade stick at least better than the normal controller?[/QUOTE]

I NEVER use the pad but the Analog stick is fine. I was ranked in the low 300s using the analog stick. Almost 7,500 matches later(and a year and a half) I'm STILL playing this game daily...it's a steal at 560.

Gonna pick up South Park. The demo was fun and it seems like it's be a great game to play locally with friends. Already have Defense Grid on PC, great game!

already have Defense Grid and SP, both were worth the 800 i spend. Age of Booty and Lumines will most def be mine. Maybe the others too. Geometry Wars also. Cannot wait!

Thanks OP! In for SP, Defense Grid, Lumines and Geometry Wars 2. I wish Microsoft would do sales like this more often. I'm hoping that Trials HD is on sale again in the future since I foolishly passed on it when it was.

Amazon has the 360 Madcatz SE Fightstick for $45 with free shipping. Picked one up a week ago and am loving it so far.

Am I crazy, or did I read somewhere that Mega Man 9 was going to be on sale soon? Maybe it's just late and I'm confusing it with the release of 10 for some reason...

[quote name='bigredvan14']Am I crazy, or did I read somewhere that Mega Man 9 was going to be on sale soon? Maybe it's just late and I'm confusing it with the release of 10 for some reason...[/QUOTE]

There was speculation before the complete list was revealed that mega man 9 would be one of the ten games on sale. As far as I know it is still regular price and not included in this sale (unfortunately).

Rocket Riot is pure joy. I was hoping that would be included in the sale. If they could have gotten away with it, they should have named the game Halo Worms.

Looks like the sale is active already for Age of Booty, Defense Grid, Lumines, Mad Tracks, Rocket Riot, Schizoid and Wallace and Gromit. Some aren't showing price change on the console, but they are on xbox.com

South Park and SSF2THD show the sale price on the console, but when you go to buy it, it changes to non-sale price.

[quote name='xlaxparkax']I was about to buy SSF2THD, but it still shows up at 1,200 MS Points. Guess I'll have to wait a bit more.[/QUOTE]

Click the purchase button and the price will change.

Bought Mad Tracks, Rocket Riot, South Park, SFIIHD & Track & Field.

Are these games going to be on sale through the 7th? I was thinking it would be like the holiday sale where it was one a day but there are 10 games. I remember them having problems just changing the price for one thing a day though.

[quote name='Vyrtigo']Looks like the sale is active already for Age of Booty, Defense Grid, Lumines, Mad Tracks, Rocket Riot, Schizoid and Wallace and Gromit. Some aren't showing price change on the console, but they are on xbox.com

South Park and SSF2THD show the sale price on the console, but when you go to buy it, it changes to non-sale price.[/QUOTE]
Awesome :) looks like I'll be burning points tonight!

the showdown begins, psn vs xbl..lol. it's a win win situation since I have both consoles. I currently already had 7 out of 10 of those games so i'll be picking up age of booty, mad tracks and wallace & gromit episode 1. I think they should of put the whole 4 episodes of w&g on sale but this will do. Good stuff and if anyone is skeptical, i'd say most of these games are worth buying and hope the online multiplayer for them starts to get more activity.

Is there an actual US press release, or at least update from Microsoft, confirming the titles that are on sale? I see nothing on Major's site about this.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is there an actual US press release, or at least update from Microsoft, confirming the titles that are on sale? I see nothing on Major's site about this.[/QUOTE]

Just checked the links. And it seems the sales are live. So I guess no need for confirmation.

The only one that didn't seem active yet was South Park. I only checked out what I was interested in, so there might be more.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Just checked the links. And it seems the sales are live. So I guess no need for confirmation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='chimpster1313']Just bought Rocket Riot, Age of Booty, and South Park. Might get Defense Grid before this sale is up.[/QUOTE]

I highly recommend Defense Grid. If I hadn't already bought it on PC I would get it for 360.

I just bought South Park.

South Park seems to went active sometime in the past 45 minutes or so I checked 45 minutes ago and was still 800 point so I bought Rocket Riot and when done playing that at about ten minutes ago I checked again and it was 400.

Crap now I have to wait til I get off work to play any of these. :(

Wish they would do these sales more often. With the 200 + arcade games 1 deal a week (sometimes 3) sucks.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Is there an actual US press release, or at least update from Microsoft, confirming the titles that are on sale? I see nothing on Major's site about this.[/QUOTE]

The list is on Major Nelson's blog- and unlike the DOTW, they're good for both Gold and Silver members.

[quote name='hoofrog']Major Nelson's site (www.majornelson.com) has been updated and I grabbed Defense Grid.[/QUOTE]

I love Defense Grid on the PC. Not sure I can justify purchasing it again just because it's cheap, yet I'm still tempted....

i got south park and defense grid, tryed the demo's for rocket riot and lumines but wasn't really blown away, are those two worth getting on sale?

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']does anyone know how to use the twin stickk controls?

It seems that if i make the right joystick go left and the right one go right, its a jump... any other tips? Unfortunately, there is no manual for this[/QUOTE]

Yeah if you hold left with both you go left, hold right with both, you go right and up with both you go forward etc. If you press them apart you jump and together you cancel the jump. If you press up on the right and down on the left you turn left and vice versa to turn right. I love this game! Id love to play so add me to your XBL

I picked up Rocket Riot. Not much else on the list interests me. I'd love to see a few certain other titles come up for sale if they do something like this again in the future.

I think I'll be picking up Mad Tracks & Age of Booty, I already own all the other games except for W&G and that one didnt really do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back