Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
crash course is awesome. I bought it day one (after they fixed the price). Honestly it is the best designed map as far as VS mode goes. Multiple and constantly branching paths, equal treatment to the infected and survivors. And short enough so you don't have to spend an hour and a half just to play one full game of vs. Also makes some of the more tedious achievements a bit easier.

Dammit, I traded in my copy of L4D a while back, and I'm sure with this sale going on that game's play amount is going to skyrocket over the next week or 2.

[quote name='frpilot']I'm assuming crash course is not included in GOTY edition which I got on amazon's b2g1 free sale? I guess I'll have to pick it up if it's on sale.

I'd play through all of l4d, since i just got the game and haven't even opened it yet, but I can't dedicate all my time to it and beat the game in 3 days. Maybe a few hours a night.[/QUOTE]

that's what i meant, maybe do a scene a night, or something like that, my gt is TheREALmikey14.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I can't beat level 69 in Rocket Riot... GRRR. Getting sooooo frustrated![/QUOTE]

I had a hard enough time getting past level 20 (Jim Bob/box spaming). It wasn't until after I beat it on about my 25th try that my dumb ass realized you have to press the A button to activate the power ups. I thought they were all automatic like the red ones. I'm sure that's not the problem you're having but I still wanted to share/vent.

I'm around level 60 now so I'll see what you mean soon enough. Still a great game though. It's the kind of game that randomly pops into my thoughts during the day like few others have (a la L4D, Goldeneye and Plants v Zombies). Yeah, it's that serious.

[quote name='Nico0020']crash course is awesome. I bought it day one (after they fixed the price). Honestly it is the best designed map as far as VS mode goes. Multiple and constantly branching paths, equal treatment to the infected and survivors. And short enough so you don't have to spend an hour and a half just to play one full game of vs. Also makes some of the more tedious achievements a bit easier.[/QUOTE]

This.

any word on if the underdome riot will ever go on sale, i have bought zombie island and secret armory at full price, well worth 10 bucks a piece imo, but i heard that underdome riot is not nearly as good so i have held off on buying it

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Nothing good for me besides Final Fight and Afterburner but I'm getting those on the PS3. Doom 2 I'm looking forward to. If it's 800 points, I'll wait for it to be 400. Not going to do the same mistake I did with the first Doom. Bought it for 800 points and a month later they decide to drop it to 400 points.[/QUOTE]

Doom didn't drop to 400 points a month after its release. It was like a year later.

Final Fight: Double Impact and Afterburner are indeed looking awesome though!

[quote name='probin74243']I had a hard enough time getting past level 20 (Jim Bob/box spaming). It wasn't until after I beat it on about my 25th try that my dumb ass realized you have to press the A button to activate the power ups. I thought they were all automatic like the red ones. I'm sure that's not the problem you're having but I still wanted to share/vent.

I'm around level 60 now so I'll see what you mean soon enough. Still a great game though. It's the kind of game that randomly pops into my thoughts during the day like few others have (a la L4D, Goldeneye and Plants v Zombies). Yeah, it's that serious.[/QUOTE]

Each level says how many tries it took.

Level 69 took 124 tries. WTF. That level is so unbalanced! After I beat it, I got to level 80 in about 20 tries since beating level 69. I saved because I was getting sleepy though. I am at the final stretch (and I can see it being a bitch)!

I really like the game. When it came out, I played the demo and loved it. I was trying to trade for a code (I find it hard justifying $10 downloads sometimes). Very pleased with my purchase at $5.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']Each level says how many tries it took.

Level 69 took 124 tries. WTF. That level is so unbalanced! After I beat it, I got to level 80 in about 20 tries since beating level 69. I saved because I was getting sleepy though. I am at the final stretch (and I can see it being a bitch)!

I really like the game. When it came out, I played the demo and loved it. I was trying to trade for a code (I find it hard justifying $10 downloads sometimes). Very pleased with my purchase at $5.[/QUOTE]

124 tries? Geez, I can't wait. Level 61 was kicking my butt last night. Damn soldier guys are aggressive. I just hope to make it to the end without breaking anything.

[quote name='lilman']Just finished Crash Course. It was fun, although I wouldn't of wanted it at full price. If you like LFD1 you should pick up Crash Course during this sale.[/QUOTE]

Yea $10 would be insane for CC but $4 is about right.

[quote name='probin74243']124 tries? Geez, I can't wait. Level 61 was kicking my butt last night. Damn soldier guys are aggressive. I just hope to make it to the end without breaking anything.[/QUOTE]

A good strategy that I used towards the later levels was going into the top left corner (even if you have to destroy stuff to get there), and launch missles to the right, and under you. The enemies will slowly go to you- so it works pretty well. Try that if you find youself stuck! I wish I had that technique for level 69 >.

[quote name='bredbu']any word on if the underdome riot will ever go on sale, i have bought zombie island and secret armory at full price, well worth 10 bucks a piece imo, but i heard that underdome riot is not nearly as good so i have held off on buying it[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt put my money on it seeing how Borderlands DLC is fairly new by comparison to the other items that were previously on sale

the reason Zombie Island is going on sale is because XBL is running a "month of zombiefest" or some shit like that, apparently new zombie stuff each week... Hoping for Zombie Apocalypse to go on sale towards the end, personally.

Last chance to get last week's DotW: L4D: Crash Course (usually switches around 10am EST on Monday)

Added next week's deal and 2nd XBLA title

I'm just gonna use the Borderlands DLC disc to grab the Zombie Island, whenever I can get a used copy.

And hell yeah I'll be buying The Dishwasher next week.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the reason Zombie Island is going on sale is because XBL is running a "month of zombiefest" or some shit like that, apparently new zombie stuff each week... Hoping for Zombie Apocalypse to go on sale towards the end, personally.[/QUOTE]
Hehe that part made me giggle :p

And anyone with Dishwasher have good words about it?

I own Dishwasher, and yeah it's rather difficult.
I plan on playing it a lot more in the next few days, haven't tried the co-op or anything so I'll be back to comment on that.

edit: the graphics in this game are gorgeous. the gameplay is really tight and responsive, it's an adrenaline rush. Basically even with the difficulty being high, I'd still buy and recommend the game at 800... 400 is a steal, not to be missed.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']I own Dishwasher, and yeah it's rather difficult.
I plan on playing it a lot more in the next few days, haven't tried the co-op or anything so I'll be back to comment on that.

edit: the graphics in this game are gorgeous. the gameplay is really tight and responsive, it's an adrenaline rush. Basically even with the difficulty being high, I'd still buy and recommend the game at 800... 400 is a steal, not to be missed.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I bought it when it first came out and it is quite good. It is pretty difficult, especially some of the later bosses, but all in all it's good fun. I'd say the adrenaline rush comment is quite apt. Game is great in the graphics department. So yeah, for 400 everyone should be buying it, one of the best XBLA games IMO.

Also, a warning to everyone who's picky about having an uneven gamerscore, it has a few odd numbered achievements.

[quote name='eastx']Can someone who owns Dishwasher comment on the difficulty please? And it has co-op multiplayer, doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

Dishwasher isn't just hard, it's OLD SCHOOL hard. If you aren't perfect (especially on Samurai difficulty) you won't stand a chance in some of those later levels. Although if you're in it for the achievements, you can use the second co-op character (who has infinite respawns) to do all the killing for you while you stay out of harm's way.

Dishwasher isn't too hard, actually. It's a little rough but not anything you can't handle.

That hardest difficulty, though. That is some ridiculous bullcrap right there. Eugh. Cheesy-as-hell. If you just play Normal or Hard, you're good. But the hardest difficulty is just a troll difficulty.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']WTF happened to The Maw?![/QUOTE]

It was for Japan Only. Major Nelson posted it without region for a couple days til he added it in. This is why it didn't show.

I am def in for Dishwasher.

[quote name='GUNNM']very soon on DOOM II since feb?[/QUOTE]
I'm also waiting for this and am also surprised that 'very soon' has taken this long.

How hasn't Castlevania gone on sale, yet? It's even in the 'zombie event' that is going on right now... it really needs to hit 400 points.

Grabbed Borderlands pack this morning. Can't wait to play it! (Of course, I only got the game this weekend, so I can't wait to play it either!)

Hmm, a dilemma. My Gold membership expired, and I bought a new 12-month subscription but haven't activated it yet because I'm traveling until May 1. I want to get the Borderlands DLC but don't want to activate my subscription until I return home. Any way to accomplish this (free trial, one-day pass, etc.)?

[quote name='illennium']Hmm, a dilemma. My Gold membership expired, and I bought a new 12-month subscription but haven't activated it yet because I'm traveling until May 1. I want to get the Borderlands DLC but don't want to activate my subscription until I return home. Any way to accomplish this (free trial, one-day pass, etc.)?[/QUOTE]

I do not think that using one of those 2 day passes lets you take advantage of the store deals, I could be wrong though

[quote name='flameofdoom666']WTF happened to The Maw?![/QUOTE]

Japan only. With all the mis-information, I added a disclaimer. Sorry to confuse people, but I do update as I find things out. Sometimes things change and I miss it, or it's last minute.

[quote name='GUNNM']very soon on DOOM II since feb?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lucian']I'm also waiting for this and am also surprised that 'very soon' has taken this long.[/QUOTE]

I blame whatever publication/blog listed it as such. I believe it was OXM. I took it out.

[quote name='gregnied']I do not think that using one of those 2 day passes lets you take advantage of the store deals, I could be wrong though[/QUOTE]

You are correct. 48-hour passes won't work for DotW.

illennium, just wait till the Sunday night (4/25) before the deal ends to upgrade and make the purchase from the Xbox.com site. If you are up early enough, you could try to buy it the Monday morning before they switch.

[quote name='reddjoey']I blame whatever publication/blog listed it as such. I believe it was OXM. I took it out.[/QUOTE]
I read that Doom 2 was coming soon, too. No blame on you intended. Just surprised it is taking so long for it to get released.

For those interested, behind the spoiler is a running list of XBLA games that are due out this year sorted by known release "window". I track this list in the 360 Forum Marketplace thread:

Coming Soon:
April?:
Lead and Gold - ??? Microsoft Points
Risk Factions

"Soon":
3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures 2 (early 2010)
Bomberman Battlefest
Bonk: Brink of Extinction
Doom II: Hell on Earth
Joyride (delayed till "later into 2010)
Puzzle Quest II (Spring 2010)
Quake Arcade Arena
Raskulls (early 2010)
Rocket Knight (May 2010)
Tecmo Bowl Throwback (Spring 2010)
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Decade Duels
Zeno Clash: Ultimate Edition - 1200 Microsoft Points (Spring 2010)

Summer 2010:
Blacklight: Tango Down
Breach - 1200 Microsoft Points
Dead Rising: CASE ZERO
Hasbro Family Game Night: Connect 4x4 - 800 Microsoft Points
Hasbro Family Game Night: Jenga - 800 Microsoft Points
Hasbro Family Game Night: Pictureka! - 800 Microsoft Points
Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light - 1200 Microsoft Points
Limbo
Might and Magic Clash of Heroes

Plants vs Zombies
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge - Special Edition
Sonic 4: Episode 1

TBD:
A World of Keflings
Ancients of Ooga
Battleblock Theater
Boulder Dash (Joystiq Link)
Comic Jumper
Crazy Taxi
Deadliest Warrior: The Game
Deathspank
Earthworm Jim HD (See post for vid)
HydroPhobia
Hydro Thunder Hurricane (Kotaku Link)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Joe and Mac
King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match
King of Fighters Sky Stage
Metal Slug XX (Japan Confirmed)
Monday Night Combat
NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
Nexuiz
Quarrel CANCELED?
Ripper
Rush N' Attack Ex-Patriot
Shank
Snoopy Flying Ace
Sonic Adventure
Spelunky
The Dishwasher: Vampire Smile
The Harvest (Live & Win Mob 7 - Kotaku Link)
The Path of Go (Joystiq Link)
Toki

Rumor:
Dead Space Extraction
Planet Cracker
Raystorm HD
Tom Jam and Earl

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm torn on buying the zombie island DLC or picking up the disc on the cheap[/QUOTE]

I prefer disc on everything if I can help it. Except for the xbla games because you can't play them installed like normal xbla games, then it's just annoying. But for this, you install it and it plays just like it would if you bought it off xbl.

RedJoey, Metal Slug XX is coming to XBLA too (no date). The 2 SNK fighting games you listed aren't rumors; they just don't have dates.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I'm torn on buying the zombie island DLC or picking up the disc on the cheap[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm stuck on this too. My gamestop had a used copy and I missed it. I keep expecting it to get returned or another used copy to show up but so far no luck. Think I am gonna wait it out.

-

yea, i don't know if i want the dlc either, my backpack is full of a bunch of items that im afraid th throw out, im not level 50 yet and i want to play it on playthrough 2, etc... at least i have till friday to think about it. i think i'll look for the disk as well though.

I don't have Borderlands yet, but I was thinking of getting the DLC because I know I will get the game soon enough. Too bad we couldn't get a disc train going for the DLC disc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back