Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icp_00_111']I don't have Borderlands yet, but I was thinking of getting the DLC because I know I will get the game soon enough. Too bad we couldn't get a disc train going for the DLC disc.[/QUOTE]

bleh, Gearbox puts out good content and even prices their DLC reasonably as well as patching their content on a regular basis. A disc train for them would just be in poor taste...EA on the other hand.

[quote name='eastx']RedJoey, Metal Slug XX is coming to XBLA too (no date). The 2 SNK fighting games you listed aren't rumors; they just don't have dates.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll adjust and move them to TBD.

EDIT: Apparently, KOF Sky Stage is coming too. I hate when games are announced for another region first, as it makes it odd if they don't come here

[quote name='100xp']bleh, Gearbox puts out good content and even prices their DLC reasonably as well as patching their content on a regular basis. A disc train for them would just be in poor taste...EA on the other hand.[/QUOTE]

There were trains for Fallout 3 discs and Bethesda does the same. There were trains for Rock Band 1 and the same could be said for Harmonix. If it's good for one it's good for all.

[quote name='100xp']bleh, Gearbox puts out good content and even prices their DLC reasonably as well as patching their content on a regular basis. A disc train for them would just be in poor taste...EA on the other hand.[/QUOTE]
I respectfully disagree on almost everything you just said.

does anyone know if you need the add on disk to play borderlands dlc? If you only have to install it then you can lose the disk im sure gamestop will be getting plenty of them (so i can get it for like 11-12 for both XD)

[quote name='An J0e']does anyone know if you need the add on disk to play borderlands dlc? If you only have to install it then you can lose the disk im sure gamestop will be getting plenty of them (so i can get it for like 11-12 for both XD)[/QUOTE]

If you followed the comments to this point, I think your question is answered. When people are referring to "disc train" they are meaning get 1 disc and passing it around.

Sadly as far as GS getting "plenty" that doesn't seem to be the case, at least in my neighborhood. My guess is the main parties interested in this DLC already bought it from Xbox Live. This disc release is honestly so long after the fact, probably won't be a huge amount of used copies.

-

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']the reason Zombie Island is going on sale is because XBL is running a "month of zombiefest" or some shit like that, apparently new zombie stuff each week... Hoping for Zombie Apocalypse to go on sale towards the end, personally.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BOOMATIC206']^ I'd get Zombie Apocalypse if the price drops too.

When's Dishwasher dropping? Is part 2 coming out soon?[/QUOTE]

Gentleman,

April 26th - Dishwasher - 400 pts
May 3rd - Zombie Apocalypse - 400pts

THIS, just pay the $5 people. Support these guys, this is a quality piece of DLC content. :applause:

[quote name='FiendCameron']ZA is so meh it's unbelievable. [/QUOTE]

Second this. Save your points. I adopted ZA day one and man was that a mistake.

Zombie Acopacalypse is BLAH!! Don't be swindled into buying it at a discount. Not worth it. Too bad you could trade downloaded games with others. BOO!

ZA is such a L4D rip off I'm surprised konami wasn't sued

I also love the fact that DOOM II has been removed from coming soon, =/

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']There were trains for Fallout 3 discs and Bethesda does the same. There were trains for Rock Band 1 and the same could be said for Harmonix. If it's good for one it's good for all.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. Agree 100%.

[quote name='kidrocklive']Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi? Really? I mean I knew about the Soul Caliber port from the DC but I wasn't expecting others too.[/QUOTE]

VooT also came out, with online too. Jet Set Radio is on the list of being ported. I am loving these dreamcast ports, but the two I really want to see are Alien Front Online and Outtrigger.

Beware with The Dishwasher that it has achievements not in powers of 5. If that is an issue for you (as it is with me and others) then this game may not be worth it at any price.

[quote name='illennium']Is The Dishwasher as hard as the reviews say? I don't really enjoy supremely difficult games since I mostly play them to relax.[/QUOTE]
fucking hard IMHO! xbox360achievements.org rates it a 10/10 for difficulty

[quote name='kidrocklive']So you don't get a game because the achievements dont end in a 0 or 5? That makes no sense to me.[/QUOTE]

I kind of share that sentiment. What the heck is up with the odd scores. With that said, I bought the game before I knew about this....

Man I payed full price for Dishwasher no more then a month ago after playing sequel at PAX. Haven't even gotten around to playing it that much either, GG me

Owell, Zombie Apocalypse for 400 looks good.

[quote name='illennium']Is The Dishwasher as hard as the reviews say? I don't really enjoy supremely difficult games since I mostly play them to relax.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is...got stuck after the 2nd or 3rd level and haven't looked back. Part of the reason though, it's because it's too damn tiring to keep mashing the buttons. I'm going to try this with my SFIV pad soon and see if the turbo buttons help.

Thanks for the Dishwasher impressions. Odd-valued achievements aside, the demo seemed harder than I'd enjoy. The confirmations have saved me $5. Thanks.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware with The Dishwasher that it has achievements not in powers of 5. [/QUOTE]

I think you mean multiples of 5.

Multiples of 5 = numbers divisible by 5. Examples: 5, 10, 15, 20, ...
Powers of 5 = 5 raised to an exponent, i.e., numbers whose prime factorization contains no primes other than 5. Examples: 5, 25, 125, 625, ...

When are the DotW deals usually announced for each month? Would hate to buy or trade for something now and have it be announced on sale for may.

Please PM me in addition to replying to this post, it would be much appreciated.

Yes, but it's hard in an awesome way. The difficulty forces you to get really good with the weapons, turning you into a badass. If you're looking for a relaxing game then skip The Dishwasher.

I don't know when things went bad, but I'd like to go back in time...
People refusing to play a game because 'the size of their e-penis will not increase in a particular way' is beyond my comprehension.

Sure, don't play if you don't like or it's not your type of game. Or perhaps it's too difficult, but 'my e-penis will not enlarge as I expect it, so I won't play it...' wow!

Yes, it is stupid to skip a game because of the numerical values of the Achievements.

But anyway, didn't somebody said you can make Dishwasher way easier by playing 2-player and having the second player take all the risks?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Beware with The Dishwasher that it has achievements not in powers of 5. If that is an issue for you (as it is with me and others) then this game may not be worth it at any price.[/QUOTE]

you mean multiples of 5.

anyway it doesn't matter as long as 200/200 the game right? I don't get what's with people getting all anal and ocd that their gs doesn't end in a 5 or 0? Is it not worse than you guys don't 100% a games achievements? that said I erased Ageis Wing (or whatever) before even getting one achievement since I knew there'd be no way to 200 that.

[quote name='playing mantis']When are the DotW deals usually announced for each month? Would hate to buy or trade for something now and have it be announced on sale for may.

Please PM me in addition to replying to this post, it would be much appreciated.[/QUOTE]There's not really a set date when the deals are announced. A lot of the info does come from majornelson.com though, so you may want to check that site often. The OP also does an amazing job of keeping the first post updated with all the latest DotW news.

I bought Age of Booty today, still at 400 MS points, its still on sale by mistake? or it is just the new price? who knows, I am just happy I got it when I had more points. Thanks GAG for the heads up on this & Targets points sale :)
BTW picked up Perfect Dark Arcade too for 800 MS points, not a sale, but a steal for what you get :)

[quote name='crunchewy']Tecmo Bowl Throwback tomorrow for 800 points. Retro or HD graphics. Xbox Live online (and local) multiplayer. [/QUOTE]Is it just me or should they have named it Tecmo Bowl Lateral? ;)

Anyways. Horrible jokes aside I'm really looking forward to it and will be getting the demo today at the very least! :D

From the official Rocket Knight Facebook page
Rocket Knight fans, we're announcing this wide soon, but you guys get the scoop! US release dates are as follows: Rocket Knight will be available for Xbox Live Arcade and Steam on May 12, 2010. It will be available for PSN on May 18, 2010.

Yeah - I've never liked the too many controls football games of this and the previous gens. I never played Tecmo Bowl, but I'm hoping this fits the bill. I can't wait for the demo... which isn't out yet. Presumably not until tommorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back