Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going to be PISSED if our DotW lines up with Japan's. Why can't we have something like Trials or SotN dropped? Braid? I wouldn't mind seeing The Maw dropped again, but that's because I missed it.

In reality, 50% of the 1200pt games need to be dropped to 800, and 75% of the 800pt games need to be dropped to 400. Have you seen half of the crap they're trying to sell at 800?

We need more Wednesday games at 400 points. Hell, maybe even 800 would be okay. I can't stand the 1200pt "standard" now.

The DotW seems to be improving though, 'Splosion Man was a no brainer (especially with all of the free content that came with it). And I did pick up Portal at the absolute last minute (9AM the Monday 'Splosion was coming). I've played it in the Orange Box, but I love Portal.

[quote name='Sparticane']Pinnacle Station was not a PoS, and neither was Bring Down the Sky. The complaints people had about those two DLC packs were ridiculous. Every time I read a review about either of them, people acted like they were expecting a full GD expansion, and that's not what they were. Pinnacle Station was a fun little distraction from the regular path of the game, and if you complete it with first place in all of the different scenarios, you have early access to some of the best items in the game. I definitely enjoyed Pinnacle Station, but to each his own.[/QUOTE]

bring down the sky was just another mission so that was not bad at all. But pinnacle station was rubbish, the framerate can never keep up so having a combat focused arena mode is a waste of time other than provided more achievments. I did one scenario and couldn't handle going through another.

But I bought Chime and Splosion Man, I liked The Maw alot so I was planning on getting it since The Maw was a DoTW as well.

Chime is quite nice, not an amazing game, probably better suited for a DS or PSP but still a nice game.

[quote name='Diebythesword']Anyone see 800 MS point cards at there Gamestop stores? I only want to pay at least 10 for Splosion and that 400 points back deal[/QUOTE]
You can buy points in increments of 400 on the Zune Marketplace.

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Anyone know when does the DOTW usually expire?

Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Waitin' on a Live Subscritpion.[/QUOTE]
i had live all the way to feb 3.
Now my subscription its dead.

loooool i am screwed since i didnt buy splosion man when the deal started. :cry:

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']Anyone know when does the DOTW usually expire?

Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?

Waitin' on a Live Subscritpion.[/QUOTE]

Usually end on late Monday morning around 9:00 am central standard time .. so your good till then

Please, deal of the week, don't be Marvel Vs Capcom 2 at 800 Microsoft Points or Invincible Tiger: The Legend of Han Tao at 800 points. Gimme some love and discount the Dishwasher for 400. Come on, it has been a fucking year already and you haven't put it on sale! Grrr.

[quote name='sthaznpride17']I am really hoping for Trials HD as a deal. I have 800pts just waiting for it![/QUOTE]

same here

I'd hate to see MvC on sale for 800 when it was less that just a month ago. the bulk of the audience that was waiting on that game already bought it cheaper.

Rest assured I'll update around 1130am EST. I'm hoping it's not MvC2 or Invincible Tiger, as that would only push the possibility that this month's deals will suck.

I guess we will see

Thanks Skoad. Updated as needed.

It's also MvC2. Looks like some people are going to be upset with the remaining deals as that Japan only list is staying true

Well, finally I can buy MvC2 on Xbox Live!
How does the game perform on Live? I already own the game on the ps2 but I want to get this so I can play others online. Any issues I should know about? Thanks for the advice guys!

I guess I'm one of the "few" that thought Splosion Man was terrible. Maybe the game gets a lot better, but the demo was a snore. I saw nothing innovative here, and was expecting something spectacular with how everyone was praising the game. And the main character himself--could they create a more annoying persona? I couldn't even get through the demo with the sound on. I will admit that the multiplayer that they showed (AFTER they show you a boss....that you can't play) looked interesting, but honestly I'm not going to waste my time searching for multiplayer matches if I can play MW2, ME2, or some other game more worth my time.

Also, I was one of those that bought Battlefield when it was on sale and think it's a great game. I've probably sunk around 15 hours into it, and it's such a great change of pace when compared to more chaotic games like MW2. I didn't notice any lag, or any problems ever getting into a game, so I don't really get it. And it's funny how people on here claim the demo is misleading in a bad way. My friends told me they disliked playing the demo of the game but enjoyed it once they finally bought the full game. So not to say anyone is right or wrong, but I guess if anyone was trying to decide on whether to get it or not, going with the majority decision is probably safer than spending money on a game you might dislike.

I don't think 'Splosion Man really does anything innovative, it's just a solid platformer. If you find the eccentric personality of the main character annoying, you'd probably find the rest of the game annoying, as a lot of it really is off the wall type of humor.

I couldn't stop laughing at Splosion Man's random crap. The jumping jacks, the running with his arms out like an airplane, etc.

Now I'm tempted by TMNT Reshelled. I'll have to try the demo again. I initially hated it but maybe I can endure more at 400 points vs. 800.

My favorite thing about Splosion Man: Donuts Go Nuts

Great fun, put a lot of time into both single and multiplayer this past weekend.

I'll have to try demos of the DotWs...

[quote name='hypertails02']Well, finally I can buy MvC2 on Xbox Live!
How does the game perform on Live? I already own the game on the ps2 but I want to get this so I can play others online. Any issues I should know about? Thanks for the advice guys![/QUOTE]

Overall it performs like HDR, more or less they used the same netcode, don't remember if Seth or someone ever confirmed it was tweaked or not. Basically, better than most games, but still not there with true GGPO quality netcode.

For non XBLA titles it, like HDR, is better than SF4 connections (which is pretty much above the other fighters at the moment except one) but not as good as Blaze Blue connections. Personally I feel HDR and MVC2 lean closer to BB than not so it is usually fun to play against others.

I haven't played it in a while, so not sure what the competition is like currently. Likewise it's not a an arcade, or even dreamcast, perfect port. If you're looking to have fun with it like I do, that won't matter especially coming from the buggy PS2 version; if you're looking to use the PS3/360 versions to practice for any tourney other than EVO (which is running the game on PS3 as of this writing), or even for the arcade, you'll run into some very minor slowdown issues when the round starts and magneto infinite issues. SRK has far more detailed writings if you care that much about it; if you don't you likely won't notice any issues, especially now that Cable's AHVB was fixed in the patch.

TL,DR=> Coming from the PS2 version it's a step up and great game, you'll love it.

Maybe will get Reshelled. Invincible Tiger is crap, though?

And wtf, three deals in one weak. Their DotW is just getting better and better. It really does justify the cost of a Gold account, if this trend keeps up.

Turtles in Time looks fun and worth 400 ms points, was avoiding it bc people were saying bad things and the 800 price point, but do u think its worth a purchase now?? i do have the first turtles xbla game. already have MvC2 got it when it was cheaper the first time but still people should get it, also have it 4 ps2. Want to get Invincible Tiger but think it should be 400 ms points, would have bit if it were, thoughts???

TMNT at 400 M$ hit the sweet spot for me .. yeah its sorta boring but damn brings back memories playing this game at the movie arcade back in the day.

I believe TMNT: TiT Reshelled is worth it at 400pts but Castle Crashers is a better game. If your old enough to remember the arcade game this will be a fun romp in the park and at $5 less than what you spent in the arcade.

Invincible Tiger is good only if you have a 3D capable TV and want to see the amazing 3D stuff they do -- but as a game it sucks! See the IGN review.

Marvel v Capcom 2 is ok but the characters still suffer from balance issues.

All that said, the DotW makes the price for some of these titles worth a look. I already picked up MVC2 but otherwise that would be my pick of the three.

[quote name='reddjoey']TMNT was a missed opportunity. I'd go for the 89 original for the same price.

I recommend watching this before you bite

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Joystiq/videos/1554/[/QUOTE]

why would you go for the original for the same price?

this is the same game, with improved graphics, a new mode and online capabilites...?

doesnt seem logical to not grab this version if its the same price, or am I missing something?

[quote name='jonathanp']800 points was a better price then the initial 1200 for TMNT, but 400 is a great price.[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY. I remember when it was supposed to be released at 1200 and I was considering it. Then, when the reviews came out and it was widely panned, I decided to pass even at 800. But I have played the demo, and for $5, it's fun enough to warrant a purchase.

I absolutely loved tmnt back in the day, looked forward to a rerelease for yrs, & I ignored the reviews because of the nostalgia factor, but be warned this game is only about 30 minutes long. It is fun over a 4 player co-op but once you beat it there is no going back. On the plus side, didn't think the new art direction was as bad as everyone else did. $5 may be the sweet spot for most, but for 30 minutes... Idk.

[quote name='dapunisure']I absolutely loved tmnt back in the day, looked forward to a rerelease for yrs, & I ignored the reviews because of the nostalgia factor, but be warned this game is only about 30 minutes long. It is fun over a 4 player co-op but once you beat it there is no going back. On the plus side, didn't think the new art direction was as bad as everyone else did. $5 may be the sweet spot for most, but for 30 minutes... Idk.[/QUOTE]

Thing is, the nostalgia sadly doesn't help too much when playing this one. It feels soulless and unfun.

Well, at least TMNT and MVC 2 are available at this price for one whole week.

I do want to know though, which TMNT game is better from Xbox Live Arcade?

TMNT 1989 Classic Arcade or this one TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-shelled?

Does the original TMNT on Xbox Live have online co-op, is it exactly like the arcade version, and how is it?

Is it better to just pick up TMNT 2 and 3 for the PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube just to play these games?

If anyone knows, please let us know.

Brock F'N Sampson;6819977 said:
I do want to know though, which TMNT game is better from Xbox Live Arcade?

TMNT 1989 Classic Arcade or this one TMNT: Turtles In Time Re-shelled?

Does the original TMNT on Xbox Live have online co-op, is it exactly like the arcade version, and how is it?

Is it better to just pick up TMNT 2 and 3 for the PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube just to play these games?

If anyone knows, please let us know.
1.TITRS
2.yes, 4 player co-op

[quote name='gorilladust']3 DotW games this week! I could get used to this. Hope MS continues the multi deals.[/QUOTE]

multi deals are just a smart move, with the amount of XBLA games, games in demands and DLC having only 1 per week is...weak. Now we have options and really consumers like "choices." Nothing for me this week, but it's good to see there's potential in the weeks to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back