Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tominater12']Well looks like that mythic map pack 2 in odst was not mythic disc only.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, would Microsoft really pass on an opportunity to make money? I think not.

Don't think I said it here, but I remember somewhere, that they wouldn't release it to the marketplace until after I ended up getting ODST. Not two weeks later and they do. I so called it. >_>

Alright last day for the EA deal...

I went ahead and finished off my 3 purchases...

Pinnacle Station that I purchased while it was on sale.

Madden 10 DLC and XBLA Command and Conquer.

In 2 months I should have my answer! :D

[quote name='Don G.']I'm still waiting on a Trials HD DOTW. I'm hoping it comes soon.

Definitely in for Splosion man tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
agreed 1200 to much
800 is perfect

[quote name='reddjoey']right next to perfect dark[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JStryke']STILL no PD. Jeez >_>

Really would've expected at least a date by this point.[/QUOTE]
DID SOMEONE SAY PERFECT DARK?
CUZ I THINK I HEARD SOMEONE SAY PERFECT DARK! :bomb:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W63jrJfxR3k

This damn beat...this damn beat....is just... :hot:

Anyone know what time the Splosion Man deal is going to go live? Is this a 3 AM EST thing, or am I going to have to wait till later tomorrow?

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Anyone know what time the Splosion Man deal is going to go live? Is this a 3 AM EST thing, or am I going to have to wait till later tomorrow?[/QUOTE]

I've seen it take till late afternoon EST before... sorry that I couldn't help

Man, I STILL can't decide if I want to download Portal Still Alive... I own the Orange Box but want to play the extra levels... thoughts?

[quote name='genfuyung']Does amazon typically match these weekly deals? I'd rather buy splosion man off of amazon.[/QUOTE]
Nope.

fuck yes! Splosion man! I was hoping they would discount it soon. Definitely in for it. I dig Twisted Pixel. Anyone up for some co-op? The only thing better than 1 splosion man is 2! Friend me on XBLA if you are interested - Gamertag is goatwoody

Who knows, maybe splosion man will start a sale of summer of arcade titles like Turtles in Time? I'd bite at 400 points and the reviewers trashed it so it SHOULD be discounted soon. Don't hold your breath waiting for Trials HD. They came out with the DLC, what, in December? I bet we have a couple more months to go before that puppy gets discounted. Regardless, I cannot wait for that day.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Man, I STILL can't decide if I want to download Portal Still Alive... I own the Orange Box but want to play the extra levels... thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It's just challenge maps. If you still have Orange Box and running low on points I'd pass.

I realize this is off topic and I apologize but this seems the best place to hopefully get an answer. Yesterday there was a topic about a Fallout 3 Microsoft email that some people were getting that said if you buy 1000 points you would get 400 bonus points for free. Like an idiot, I forgot to subscribe to that particular thread.

They were sending out referrals for everyone to try and get in on the deal. I was hoping to get in on it so I could use the 400 points for Splosion Man.

[quote name='GUNNM']agreed 1200 to much
800 is perfect[/QUOTE]

I can't agree more. I hope they put a DOTW up for Trials soon. Just snagged 'splosion man.

got splosion man before heading off for work, 400 points is oh so sweet. I regret not getting Shadow Complex before and Braid way back when they were on sale, hoping at least Braid will go back on sale sometime soon

I love how when you buy something on xbl through the pc it says "congratulations" like you won a contest rather than saying "thanks for your purchase" lol

Was going to get splosion man, but can't support a game that makes you want to vomit between levels... Good deal though if that doesn't bother you.

[quote name='lilman']Was going to get splosion man, but can't support a game that makes you want to vomit between levels... Good deal though if that doesn't bother you.[/QUOTE]

I don't get it, what do you mean? Are you saying there are horrible loading times, or an in-between level screen that looks disgusting? Or motion sickness, like Mirror's Edge?

[quote name='gryphter']I don't get it, what do you mean? Are you saying there are horrible loading times, or an in-between level screen that looks disgusting? Or motion sickness, like Mirror's Edge?[/QUOTE]
10 second loading between levels with a spinning screen. The actual gameplay of splosion man shouldn't cause anyone nausea, but that loadscreen is brutal to anyone prone to motion sickness (like me).

[quote name='lilman']Was going to get splosion man, but can't support a game that makes you want to vomit between levels... Good deal though if that doesn't bother you.[/QUOTE]

Sorry that made me lol.

I bought 4 Splosion Man codes (one for me, and one for my 3 of my nieces and nephews) last week, then the next day I found out about this. MS and Amazon wouldn't help me out with a credit.......talk about BAD timing....LOL Incredible game though!!

[quote name='lilman']10 second loading between levels with a spinning screen. The actual gameplay of splosion man shouldn't cause anyone nausea, but that loadscreen is brutal to anyone prone to motion sickness (like me).[/QUOTE]

oh damn, that really sucks! I hope I can handle it cuz I bought it this morning

[quote name='lilman']10 second loading between levels with a spinning screen. The actual gameplay of splosion man shouldn't cause anyone nausea, but that loadscreen is brutal to anyone prone to motion sickness (like me).[/QUOTE]

I'm prone to motion sickness in movie theaters and IMAXs, but this loading screen causes me no problems.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Maybe it's enough to buy a T-Shirt for your Avatar?

;)[/QUOTE]

Using $2 as toilet paper is a better use than avatar clothes.

Oh, and I'm sure it will be said 400 times, but there's no reason for anyone who doesn't have Splosion Man and likes platformers to not download this game at the half price mark. With like 36 single-player levels, then 36 more you can play in co-op -- this game is a gem.

[quote name='kkeith89']Here is a link to the Japanese XBOX Website that releases a DOTW list for the whole month.[/QUOTE]
That page lists MvC2 & BF1943 as two of this month's DotW. We just had both of those for holiday deals in December.

GOLD MEMBERS ONLY

fuck!!

Does anyone have a 48 hour code they could pm me? I would really appreciate it. I just want Splosion Man.

[quote name='Distrato']GOLD MEMBERS ONLY

fuck!!

Does anyone have a 48 hour code they could pm me? I would really appreciate it. I just want Splosion Man.[/QUOTE]

DotW are always Gold only. I'm also pretty sure 48 hour codes don't count for the DotW, as well.

[quote name='Distrato']GOLD MEMBERS ONLY

fuck!!

Does anyone have a 48 hour code they could pm me? I would really appreciate it. I just want Splosion Man.[/QUOTE]

If I'm not mistaken that wont work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back