Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']Totally with you on this one man! I have around 3500 MSP left and I would probably buy Army of Two or Bioshock if I could use points on them, but nooooooooo...

lame![/QUOTE]

Just as a few others have mentioned, you can use points for games on demand. I purchased Battlefield: Bad Company for 1600 points just a few weeks ago.

Anyone hear anything about Serious Sam HD? I'm definitely not going to buy it for 1200 but I liked the ones they released on the PS2 and might end up picking that up. Pretty much a no nonsense shoot anything in your sight type of game.

[quote name='reddjoey'] January 18th: Mass Effect’s Bring Down the Sky and Pinnacle Station, 400 pts ea 240 Microsoft Points (each) - 60% off[/QUOTE]

Uhh, think you mean 40% off. 60% off would be 160 points each.

Almost tempting though. I'd get them if the 800 point stack works for sure (maybe I'll find a purchase combination that will finally let me even out these remaining marketplace points I'll have). Although, none of the other EA content looks particularly interesting...

[quote name='Halo05']fuck all these fucking 1200 point games.

If I ever meet Jonathan Blow, I'm going to kick him in the junk.[/QUOTE]

Actually, you can thank Microsoft for the 1200 point pricing. Jonathan Blow wanted it at 800 points to begin with:

http://braid-game.com/news/?p=245#comments

"I would have been perfectly happy with a launch price of 800 points. At 1200 points I am less happy"

I was gonna get Magic The Gathering, atleast until i saw that Mass Effect DLC on sale next week, along with Serious Sam and Vandal Hearts coming out. Gonna be a good month for XBLA. Now im just hoping that Sonic Adventure on XBLA rumor comes true.

(Then again, im guessing with this list being released, Return To Ostagar for Dragon Age probally wont be out for a few more weeks =/)

Just to clarify that the Mass Effect DLC is 40% off if the regular price is 400(On sale for 240). If they were 60% off they would only cost 160 points.

Just discovered some additional details regarding next week's deals:

“Mass Effect” – “Bring Down the Sky” and “Pinnacle Station” game add-ons (Microsoft)
| January 18 – January 25 | Worldwide (except Japan), available for 240 Microsoft Points each.

“Hasbro Family Game Night: Battleship” (Electronic Arts) | January 18 – January 25 | Japan only, available for 400 Microsoft Points.

OMG!!!

I bought points just for Portal, but held off on it because it was too expensive. Now I'll finally get to play it at a reasonable price. sweet!

Any input on Pinnacle Station? I've heard that it's everything that's wrong with Mass Effect, all in one package.

I got Bring Down the Sky a while ago and thought it was pretty decent when compared to the other side missions in the game. So I'm curious to know if I'd like Pinnacle Station, or if I'd regret buying it.

[quote name='DarkZion']Any input on Pinnacle Station? I've heard that it's everything that's wrong with Mass Effect, all in one package.[/QUOTE]
If the core gameplay is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. But seriously, that's all it is, different timed modes where you fight hordes of geth. There's no real plot to it. One main, small area with three people that you talk to more than once. The final mission can actually be a decent challenge, if you're not a soldier and have the difficulty turned up. The reward is kinda lame, but it does let you randomly generate rank X items for a price. Unfortunately you don't get any experience while killing in the "holodeck" or whatever it's called.

[quote name='dgwillia006']I was gonna get Magic The Gathering, atleast until i saw that Mass Effect DLC on sale next week, along with Serious Sam and Vandal Hearts coming out. Gonna be a good month for XBLA. Now im just hoping that Sonic Adventure on XBLA rumor comes true.

(Then again, im guessing with this list being released, Return To Ostagar for Dragon Age probally wont be out for a few more weeks =/)[/QUOTE]

there is a 40 dollar expansion thing being sold for dragon age, idk if that includes the return to ostagar everyone is talking about or what

Sometimes I think EA is just trying to get me to regret buying the Mass Effect add-ons when I did, first with the buy-3-things-get-800-points-back deal, now with them on SALE. I guess I may get battleship for my 3rd thing, anyway...did people ever confirm if the item being on sale (like Battlefield 1943 was, and like Battleship will be) is a problem for that deal?

[quote name='Skydude']Sometimes I think EA is just trying to get me to regret buying the Mass Effect add-ons when I did, first with the buy-3-things-get-800-points-back deal, now with them on SALE. I guess I may get battleship for my 3rd thing, anyway...did people ever confirm if the item being on sale (like Battlefield 1943 was, and like Battleship will be) is a problem for that deal?[/QUOTE]

no, it hasn't been confirmed, but they probably won't count, I bet MS points on it.

I am very tempted on the ME dlc. I haven't played the game in forever, and kind wanna get into it again before the sequel comes out. Also, could always use the additional gamerscore.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']no, it hasn't been confirmed, but they probably won't count, I bet MS points on it.[/QUOTE]

Even if it doesn't count, getting both of the Mass Effect DLC for cheap is something I'm perfectly happy with.

[quote name='worrybomb']
Portal for 800 MS Points is a great deal but I guess if you have The Orange Box, it might not look as glamorous. Still if you don't, get Portal XBLA.[/QUOTE]

This. I bought the Orange Box for $19.99 so $15 original price for Portal XBLA was redoink! Still the $10 (800 ms points) is kinda overpriced in comparison. Even though Portal ROCKS!

[quote name='Skoad']If the core gameplay is wrong, then I don't wanna be right. But seriously, that's all it is, different timed modes where you fight hordes of geth. There's no real plot to it. One main, small area with three people that you talk to more than once. The final mission can actually be a decent challenge, if you're not a soldier and have the difficulty turned up. The reward is kinda lame, but it does let you randomly generate rank X items for a price. Unfortunately you don't get any experience while killing in the "holodeck" or whatever it's called.[/QUOTE]
I think I'll pass then and wait for Mass Effect 2 to come out.

When pinnacle station came out there was a bug that would cause bring down the sky to not work (if you had it from the platinum hits disc). Did that ever get patched?

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']When pinnacle station came out there was a bug that would cause bring down the sky to not work (if you had it from the platinum hits disc). Did that ever get patched?[/QUOTE]There was a patch released last September.

[quote name='reddjoey']bumped for polo14player

EDIT: MajorNelson is looking into the EA Holiday Deal[/QUOTE]

Here's my feelings on this. It's unlikely that EA is going to allow two 240 point items to qualify for a promotion that gives you 800 points back. HOWEVER, I also do not see the point in putting items on sale that previously qualified for that promotion. The fact that it was done with BF1943 and now this, is truly stupid.

It's not like Microsoft is just randomly deciding what items to discount. EA has some say in this. They should be aware that they've got another promotion already running with those same items. With all these catches and stipulations about what qualifies and when it qualifies, any smart person would just steer clear of the entire thing (unless you don't care about the points).

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Here's my feelings on this. It's unlikely that EA is going to allow two 240 point items to qualify for a promotion that gives you 800 points back. HOWEVER, I also do not see the point in putting items on sale that previously qualified for that promotion. The fact that it was done with BF1943 and now this, is truly stupid.

It's not like Microsoft is just randomly deciding what items to discount. EA has some say in this. They should be aware that they've got another promotion already running with those same items. With all these catches and stipulations about what qualifies and when it qualifies, any smart person would just steer clear of the entire thing (unless you don't care about the points).[/QUOTE]

If they end up screwing over all the people who've bought reduced price games/addons, I'll never play another of their games...Regardless of how good it is.

I'm really not a big fan of companies using loop-holes.

Reminds me glaringly of the ECA...And I don't like the ECA.

[quote name='tominater12']My 360 better get back from repair before this deal of the week ends.[/QUOTE]

You can also buy the games on the live website and just download them when you get your 360 back.

[quote name='danny_schell']You can also buy the games on the live website and just download them when you get your 360 back.[/QUOTE]

yeah, I wouldn't recommend that...something about sending your console back for repair and possibly getting a different S/N back. Then you have to do the license transfer thing.. I did all that, now whenever I queue up a DL thru the Web and open the queue later on my console, it always says "Content Not Valid for this Xbox" but I re-download anyways and it works, however, this has only been done w/ free items. I never dare try to purchase something online anymore until I can figure out how to straighten my problem out..

Goddammit! I just bought the Pinnacle Station DLC for Mass Effect on Saturday for full price. I'm upset I even paid for it in the first place, but now to see it almost half off? Arghhhhhhhh.

on the majors blog there are a few people saying it should work for the buy 3 get 800 pts back.
that would be very nice.

lets cross our fingers boyos

i would only recommend dlc for mass effect for people playing on the highest difficulty, especially the pinnacle station otherwise it doesnt post much of a challenge and can become boring.

[quote name='polo14player']pinnacle station worth 240 pts. ????[/QUOTE]

In my opinion... no. And to see this as the DOTD for almost half off infuriates me even more. I blame myself, and my unhealthy addiction to easy gamerscore points.

Ive been looking at Civilization Revolut'n for a while, is it a good game? Is it comparable to Spore? Is the multiplayer any good?

[quote name='chimpian']on the majors blog there are a few people saying it should work for the buy 3 get 800 pts back.
that would be very nice.

lets cross our fingers boyos[/QUOTE]

So if it does work I can buy the 2 ME DLCs (240 points each) and Battleship (400 points) for a total of 880 points and 6-8 weeks later (after the promotion ends on Jan 31st) get back 800 points. I already have the Platinum Hits edition of ME but can live with getting Pinnacle Station and Battleship for 80 points.

[quote name='aporter727']In my opinion... no. And to see this as the DOTD for almost half off infuriates me even more. I blame myself, and my unhealthy addiction to easy gamerscore points.[/QUOTE]

if you play it on insanity difficulty it is a challenge to rank 1st in a lot of the modes, as well as finish the final mission. i would say it is 240 points well spent if you played the story more then once. if you only had one play through and had no interest in play anymore id say nay.

[quote name='chimpian']on the majors blog there are a few people saying it should work for the buy 3 get 800 pts back.
that would be very nice.

lets cross our fingers boyos[/QUOTE]

What authority do these people have? There are plenty of people on CAG who are confident you'll get it as well. But if we're using actual evidence, the fact that EA has yet to respond to any emails (sent over a week ago) about the issue, or address it in any way, doesn't bode well. Not giving a definitive answer one way or the other is what will keep me from taking part in this promotion.

[quote name='genfuyung']Id get bring down the sky if I didnt have to start a whole new game just to play the damn thing.[/QUOTE]

what??? why?? i got the platinum hits mass effect with bring down the sky on a seperate disk, i didn't put it in yet, as i'm still playing the main campaign, do i need to install this asap tp work? and what's up with pinnacle station not working with the platnuim hits bring down the sky. any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

[quote name='polo14player']what??? why?? i got the platinum hits mass effect with bring down the sky on a seperate disk, i didn't put it in yet, as i'm still playing the main campaign, do i need to install this asap tp work?[/QUOTE]
There's just a certain "point of no return" in the storyline.

[quote name='polo14player']and what's up with pinnacle station not working with the platnuim hits bring down the sky. any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks![/QUOTE]
There's a patch for the second disc which fixes the issue.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']What authority do these people have? There are plenty of people on CAG who are confident you'll get it as well. But if we're using actual evidence, the fact that EA has yet to respond to any emails (sent over a week ago) about the issue, or address it in any way, doesn't bode well. Not giving a definitive answer one way or the other is what will keep me from taking part in this promotion.[/QUOTE]

I've been trying to ignore the total clusterduck that was the EA sale, did they ever confirm they wouldn't honor the Battlefield Deal of the Day?

[quote name='bh47']Just discovered some additional details regarding next week's deals:

“Mass Effect” – “Bring Down the Sky” and “Pinnacle Station” game add-ons (Microsoft)
| January 18 – January 25 | Worldwide (except Japan), available for 240 Microsoft Points each.

“Hasbro Family Game Night: Battleship” (Electronic Arts) | January 18 – January 25 | Japan only, available for 400 Microsoft Points.[/QUOTE]

Its ironic that they release Battleship in Japan only

[quote name='maxim2boobles']Its ironic that they release Battleship in Japan only[/QUOTE]

There could be much more ironic games for Japan only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back