Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
Did this ever get confirmed? Seems like EA and MS are starting the year with a ton of mis-ques.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead an play it safe and adjust it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brought Pinacle Station right after i woke up this morning, not sure if im gonna buy Battleship though. Definately buying Portal next week though, and im staying up until 5 AM for Vandal Hearts tommorow night.

[quote name='reddjoey']Did this ever get confirmed? Seems like EA and MS are starting the year with a ton of mis-ques.

EDIT: I'm going to go ahead an play it safe and adjust it.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, especially given that these promotions are running concurrently, one would have expected both companies to anticipate this. I'm waiting on this myself. Despite the negative reviews on Pinnacle, the EA deal would practically make the issue moot, and give me more ME to play around with.

Just beware that Pinnacle Station is next-to-impossible to beat on any difficulty above normal, just because the times/# of guys you have to beat/kill in the 12 rounds before the final mission don't scale up for the difficulty. The enemies soak up so much damage on harder difficulties, you won't be able to kill them quick enough to get 1st place times. This is going to cost me the achievement for beating the game on hardcore so I'm a little perterbed about that.

Also you don't get XP for killing enemies in the sims, but you do get about 1,200 XP each time you set a first place time, plus for beating the final mission, so there's about 12-15K XP available in this DLC.

Already bought most of the stuff off the EA list but I'm looking at combining...

Pinicle Station 240 Points - Might get me to play the game again.
Madden AFL Pack 560 Points - Achievement whore in me. Sold the game for the same price I paid 2 weeks after purchase.
Command and Conquer - 800 Points Would be free if I got the 800 back.

Since I bought Bring Down the Sky DLC back when it went on sale for something ridiculous like $1 or $2 otherwise I would combo the AFL Pack with the 40% off the Mass Effect DLC.

Keep us updated about the EA deal. Going to wait till the last day before purchasing just in case it gets confirmed or not.

Has it been confirmed or anything if the EA deal stacks with sales and stuff? If so, i might go and grab something else since i have some spare points after getting Vandal Hearts and Portal (Hell, if it counts, i might rebuy Bring Down The Sky since its only 240 points >_>)

[quote name='OddLogik']Ive been looking at Civilization Revolut'n for a while, is it a good game? Is it comparable to Spore? Is the multiplayer any good?[/QUOTE]

I've only read of Spore, but I've played Civ Rev. The latter is vastly better than Spore, in my opinion. I definitely enjoyed it as a console RTS.

But, since I've never played Spore, and have only read bad reviews, I can't truly say.

Just looked at my transaction history, the date I bought the Madden 10 DLC was two days before the promotion started, so even if this does work with the two Mass Effect DLC packs and the Madden 10 DLC, I won't get the rebate.

Man I hope they don't screw up Vandal Hearts. Tempted to pay full price, but will probably be cheap and wait for the inevitable price drop.

[quote name='thehoweller']I've only read of Spore, but I've played Civ Rev. The latter is vastly better than Spore, in my opinion. I definitely enjoyed it as a console RTS.[/QUOTE]

Civilization Revolution is turn-based strategy, not real-time strategy.

Thanks OP. Picked up Pinnacle Station for ME finally.

Just beware that Pinnacle Station is next-to-impossible to beat on any difficulty above normal, just because the times/# of guys you have to beat/kill in the 12 rounds before the final mission don't scale up for the difficulty. The enemies soak up so much damage on harder difficulties, you won't be able to kill them quick enough to get 1st place times. This is going to cost me the achievement for beating the game on hardcore so I'm a little perterbed about that.

That is a bit upsetting, since the only achievements I am lacking is those from Pinnacle Station xp, attaining level 60 (about halfway through 59), and finish Insanity playthrough (ready to start last planet). I really do not want to play through this game again... as much as I enjoyed it. Just kinda want it 100% before I start up ME2.

Also, I plan on buying the Vandal Hearts game tomorrow as I have fond memories of the originals on the PS1.

I ended up picking up both ME DLCs yesterday. Pinnacle Station is not quite as bad as people described it, but it *is* all combat.

FYI, I got 1st in everything on Veteran difficulty ;P It's not impossible, though I can't say how hard other difficulties above that are.

P.S. - Survival mode is a joke. I was going strong for like ~15 mins before I realized the high score was around 2 mins -_-

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']does anyone have confirmation either way about the EA deal?[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting on this too, and Major N. hasn't confirmed anything either way yet. According to EA's site:
[quote name='"EA"']Offer available only to legal residents, age 13+, of the 50 United States (includes D.C.), while supplies last, is non-transferable, not redeemable for cash, and cannot be combined with any other rebate or offer. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient.[/quote]
http://www.ea.com/news/xbox-live-holiday-discounts

I'm going to wait for the official word, otherwise, I'll just have to hold my horses for ME2.

Quick question:

Picked up the ME1 DLC yesterday and want to install it now to use with my current playthrough. Will the DLC missions be accessible with my current game or does it need to be installed when starting a new game? Also, do I have to be connected to XBLA to access it once it's already been downloaded (ran into this problem with DA:O)?

[quote name='Temidien']Quick question:

Picked up the ME1 DLC yesterday and want to install it now to use with my current playthrough. Will the DLC missions be accessible with my current game or does it need to be installed when starting a new game? Also, do I have to be connected to XBLA to access it once it's already been downloaded (ran into this problem with DA:O)?[/QUOTE]

As long as you still have access to the galaxy map (i.e. before Ilos) you are fine.

And I dunno on that second part. I wouldn't think so but who knows. DA:O is kind of cranky about requiring a 100% up internet connection though for all DLC, at least on PC. I imagine that's a special case.

Question on Mass Effect. I thought I remember seeing somewhere before, but for the DLC, are they both on the platinum hits disk or is it just one of them? And if it is only one, which one would it be? Obviously, I wouldn't want to own the same DLC twice. :razz:

[quote name='JStryke']Question on Mass Effect. I thought I remember seeing somewhere before, but for the DLC, are they both on the platinum hits disk or is it just one of them? And if it is only one, which one would it be? Obviously, I wouldn't want to own the same DLC twice. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Bring Down the Sky is the one included on the 2nd disk.

Im hoping for that Bomberman game (Forgot the name), or Earthworm Jim/Perfect Dark and for Return to Ostagar to finally come back. Aside from that, definately buying Portal along with some more MSP.

[quote name='reddjoey']Added Next weeks deal. Splosion Man for 400 pts. That's a great deal for a great game. I'll update more as MN posts it[/QUOTE]

sweet, thank you! :applause:

Damn. Now 'Splosion Man is on sale. That's it. I'm never buying an XBLA game at "retail price" again! I thought I could trust digital downloads to always stay the same price so I don't feel buyer's remorse, but it's all a lie! Now Borderlands and The Maw DLC packs need to go on sale soon so I can buy them but won't feel buyer's remorse down the road...

I got 'Splosion Man at launch, it was totally worth it... even if only for a certain song. Co-op is a blast.

Rumors are that Perfect Dark is either being released this week or next.

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']Damn. Now 'Splosion Man is on sale. That's it. I'm never buying an XBLA game at "retail price" again! I thought I could trust digital downloads to always stay the same price so I don't feel buyer's remorse, but it's all a lie! Now Borderlands and The Maw DLC packs need to go on sale soon so I can buy them but won't feel buyer's remorse down the road...[/QUOTE]

dude, the maw DLC are 100 pts each, like 300 pts total. surely you can swing that!!

and the moment Perfect Dark lands, I'm picking it up! that is great news!! It's about time, how many months ago was the dashboard icon leaked?? seems like forever..

[quote name='token2k6']dude, the maw DLC are 100 pts each, like 300 pts total. surely you can swing that!!

and the moment Perfect Dark lands, I'm picking it up! that is great news!! It's about time, how many months ago was the dashboard icon leaked?? seems like forever..[/QUOTE]
But there's potential savings of at least $1!

[quote name='polo14player']they took down the marvel ultimate alliance 1 and 2 dlc. wtf![/QUOTE]
The license that Activision had with Marvel expired as of Jan 1, 2010 and it had to be removed.

[quote name='Skoad']The license that Activision had with Marvel expired as of Jan 1, 2010 and it had to be removed.[/QUOTE]

Which makes the DLC for MUA2 even more annoying in the first place.

Sweet, I was about to get 'Splosion Man, I guess I can wait a few days if it's going to be half price!

Also, when do the prices update? Portal still shows at 1200 pts for me...these deals are good for us Canadians too, right?

I have long since gotten rid of Orange Box, and I havent played splosion man but heard good things.

Im thinkin I will jump on both the XBLA deals.

Also, my mind is blown that you can use MS spacebux for GoD, never new that. Thanks OP!!

I'm definitely not buying games when they are first released on XBLA any more. Eventually they hit the DOTW and I have enough to keep me occupied till then. That being said everyone buy splosian man!

Is anything different on the xbla version of portal? with how cheap orange box is I still should probably pick that up instead.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']Is anything different on the xbla version of portal? with how cheap orange box is I still should probably pick that up instead.[/QUOTE]Portal Still Alive adds 14 additional levels or puzzles or something like that - but as I understand, the vast bulk of the best stuff is in the base game that you can get on The Orange Box.

And with the Orange Box regularly going for $10 and less, I don't see why anyone who doesn't have it would get Portal for 800 points (much less 1200?!)

Is anything different on the xbla version of portal?

This, I think:

Extras: The game includes fourteen brand new bonus puzzles to challenge even the most skilled test subjects. And, get a glimpse into the making of Portal: Still Alive with commentary from the developers.

Pretty sure you do not get the extra 14 levels on the orange box version, and when I looked (months ago) there was no way to get just those levels as DLC or anything. Someone may correct me, though.

Picked up both ME DLC's since I've been playing it nonstop before the new one, Splosion man will be mine, but I'm still holding out on Trials HD, make it happen!

[quote name='zerotl']Picked up both ME DLC's since I've been playing it nonstop before the new one, Splosion man will be mine, but I'm still holding out on Trials HD, make it happen![/QUOTE]
same here

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back