Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week |6/14 "Summer '09 Redux"|6/16 "19 Game E3 Blowout Sale"

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddjoey

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
[IMG-R=6565]15714[/IMG-R]

THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT. WE HAVE STARTED A NEW THREAD.

Here is a list of all the current and upcoming XBox Live Deal of the Week for the US*. I have also included the upcoming XBox Live Arcade releases. All sales are for one week.* Please feel free to PM or post if you doesn't see anything listed here. Please note: ALL ITEMS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE! and sales are for GOLD MEMBERS ONLY*. Have fun and enjoy.
(*unless otherwise noted)

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week:

June 7th: "Fistful of Shooters"
-Battlefield 1943 - 800 Microsoft Points
-Call of Duty Classic - 800 Microsoft Points
-Duke Nukem 3D - 400 Microsoft Points
-Peggle - 400 Microsoft Points
-Serious Sam HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-Worms 2: Armageddon - 400 Microsoft Points

June 14th: "Summer '09 Redux"
-Marvel vs Capcom 2 - 560 Microsoft Points
-Shadow Complex - 560 Microsoft Points
-Splosion Man - 400 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - 400 Microsoft Points
-Trials HD - 560 Microsoft Points

June 16th - June 22nd: "E3 Inventory Blowout" NO CLARITY YET IF THIS DEAL IS GOLD ONLY
-A Kingdom for Keflings - 400 Microsoft Points
-Alien Hominid HD - 400 Microsoft Points
-Banjo Tooie - 800 Microsoft Points
-Bionic Commando Rearmed - 400 Microsoft Points
-Bomberman LIVE - 400 Microsoft Points
-Braid - 800 Microsoft Points (Was permanently dropped to 800 Points recently, inclusion or price has not been addressed yet)
-Castle Crashers - 800 Microsoft Points
-Castlevania Symphony of the Night - 400 Microsoft Points
-Contra - 240 Microsoft Points
-Crystal Defenders - 400 Microsoft Points
-Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved 2 - 400 Microsoft Points
-Magic the Gathering - 400 Microsoft Points
-N+ - 400 Microsoft Points
-Panzer General - 400 Microsoft Points
-Portal - 800 Microsoft Points
-TMNT: 1989 Arcade - 240 Microsoft Points
-Uno Rush - 400 Microsoft Points
-Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment - 800 Microsoft Points
-Zombie Apocalypse - 400 Microsoft Points

June 21st: "Sports Fest"
-Fifa 10 Ultimate Team Trial - 240 Microsoft Points (not sure if it's one team or all)
-Madden NFL Arcade - 800 Microsoft Points
-NBA 2K10 Draft Combine - 240 Microsoft Points
-Football Genius - 400 Microsoft Points
-Sensible World of Soccer - 400 Microsoft Points
-Soccer Ball (prop) - 80 Microsoft Points
-MLB Stickball - 400 Microsoft Points

LIVE ARCADE RELEASE DATES:

Xbox LIVE Arcade:
-June 9th: Earthworm Jim HD - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 9th: NEOGEO Battle Coliseum - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 16th: Space Ark - ???? Microsoft Points
-June 23rd: Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project - 800 Microsoft Points
-June 30th: Ancients Of Ooga - 800 Microsoft Points

FAQ:

Q: What do you mean by GOLD MEMBERS ONLY?
A: GOLD members are paid subscribers to XBox Live.

Q: I'm SILVER, can I use a 48 hour trial to get the GOLD discount??
A: No. 48 hour codes only allow for online play.

Q: I'm not seeing the sale price what is going on?
A: If the deal is live, make sure you are logged-in to XBox.com or your 360 with a GOLD account.

Q: When do the deals go live?
A: Deals traditionally go live on Monday morning usually around 11am EST.

Q: What are your sources?
A: Sources:
-Majornelson.com
-Xbox US DotW
-Xbox JP DotW
-Various Publications/Blogs

Q: Do you have a list of the older sales?
A: Yes
OLD 2010 SALES:
One week unless noted
1/4 - A Kingdom for Keflings
1/11 - Magic: The Gathering
1/18 - Both Mass Effect DLC
1/25 - Portal: Still Alive
2/1 - Splosion Man
2/8 - Marvel v Capcom 2, TMNT TiT RS, Invincible Tiger
2/15 - Battlefield 1943
2/22 - Duke Nukem 3D
3/1 - Select Gears of War Avatar items
3/8 - CoD:WaW Map Pack Bundle
3/15 - Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Max Payne 2 and Fable
3/22 - All Fallout 3 DLC
4/1 - South Park, SSFIIHDR, Defense Grid, Rocket Riot, Mad Tracks, Track & Field, Lumines Live, Age of Booty, Schizoid, Wallace & Gromit Ep1
4/5 - Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2
4/12 - Left 4 Dead DLC - Crash Course
4/19 - Borderlands DLC - Zombie Island of Dr Ned
4/26 - Dishwasher Dead Samurai
4/29 - Trails HD (1-Day Sale)
5/3 - Zombie Apocalypse
5/10 - Grand Theft Auto IV: The Ballad of Gay Tony
5/17 - The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition & Avatar Items (LeChuck's Hat and Cotton Swab)
5/24 - Avatar Wave: Snowball Fight (Indie Game), Band of Bugs, Lazy Raiders, MadBalls in… Babo: Invasion, Basketball (prop), Pom Poms (prop), Snake (pet/prop),
5/31 - Prince of Persia Classic, Transformers 2 Character & Map Pack Plus, Watchmen: End is Nigh

Q: What if I want to see the all kinds of crazy content that in coming out on LIVE?
A: You can check this thread I update to see what's on deck "soon" for XBLA or what came out lately:
Thread tracking all 360 marketplace releases /self-promotion

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't mind seeing a daily video marketplace deal, or even a movie rental on sale each week.... cus as it is, I never even go to that channel anymore, every time I do it has to load up like an app, and if that wasn't enough there's always an update to download for some reason, AND if that aint enough the shit is all overpriced.

i mean even just a buck or so off and I would rent more movies probably...

[quote name='Diebythesword']I hope Rez/Space Invaders Extreme/Galaga Legions goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Dig. I'd like to see them do some themed drops. Above is a nice one. I'm hoping they dip back and discount some of the strategy board games. Catan, Carcassonne and Ticket to Ride would be a really nice offering - assuming there are still people who those games online.

Brock F'N Sampson;6819977 said:
Is it better to just pick up TMNT 2 and 3 for the PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube just to play these games?

This is a really confusing question because the Arcade games were never released on PS2, Xbox, or Gamecube in full form. TMNT one is a bonus unlockable in Battle Nexas but the Xbox version or MAME is superior. (It's missing Voice and Music samples)

edit: I stand corrected, TMNT 3 for Xbox or Gamecube does have Turtles in Time as an unlockable. If it's based on the SNES version, I'd say go for that one over the Xbox Live version. (Gamespot review says that it's a bit choppy and from the text seems to be the Arcade rom? Can't really tell.)

TMNT Arcade (1): NES, Xbox Live, Mame/Arcade, C64, Atari ST, various other computer ports
^^^ NES version is highly regarded due to additional bonus content, but is far from Arcade quality sprites/sound. Stick with MAME+Netplay or Xbox Live

TMNT Turtles in Time (2): MAME/Arcade, SNES, Xbox Live
^^^ SNES version is regarded as best version due to bonus levels added for Nintendo port. Xbox Live version lacks bonus content, original voice samples, and original music from Konami game due to licensing issues. Buy or Emulate SNES version, or petition Nintendo for Virtual Console release. Stay away from Xbox Live version!

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']why would you go for the original for the same price?

this is the same game, with improved graphics, a new mode and online capabilites...?

doesnt seem logical to not grab this version if its the same price, or am I missing something?[/QUOTE]
They aren't the same game.

[quote name='Diebythesword']I hope Rez/Space Invaders Extreme/Galaga Legions goes on sale.[/QUOTE]

Just get Namco Museum, it comes with Galaga Legions and a buttload of other games. It's like $10 at TRU right now...added bonus, practically all the games that give achievements also give you gamer pics.

Went ahead and got Turtles In Time,
It's really not as bad as everyone is saying it is.

It's not as good as the original, but still....

[quote name='sandman8288']Went ahead and got Turtles In Time,
It's really not as bad as everyone is saying it is.

It's not as good as the original, but still....[/QUOTE]

i bit for $5 too. That's like a burger meal at a crappy place. I'll eat in tonight and play this :D

I'm just partial to the arcade/classic version. I was expecting something closer to that when I picked it up for free (800pt Summer of Arcade rebate) or even an option to switch sytles.

It's hard to stand the 89 Arcade and TiT side by side at the same price and explain that the 89 Arcade just feels better, while lacking the graphics polish put into TiT.

If you want to get this game, $5 is the right price, but if you want a TMNT game, you may want to see which one fits your need

[quote name='reddjoey']I'm just partial to the arcade/classic version. I was expecting something closer to that when I picked it up for free (800pt Summer of Arcade rebate) or even an option to switch sytles.

It's hard to stand the 89 Arcade and TiT side by side at the same price and explain that the 89 Arcade just feels better, while lacking the graphics polish put into TiT.

If you want to get this game, $5 is the right price, but if you want a TMNT game, you may want to see which one fits your need[/QUOTE]

Being able to switch styles would have been a cool feature (see R-Type on XBLA). I'm partial to the SNES version. There were extra levels and different bosses (no mud monster). But I expected Reshelled to be based on the arcade so I wasn't disappointed.

What I really miss, is the New York blizzard level from the NES version of the 1989 arcade with the leather jacket wearing polar bear boss! Love that shit.

Nice to see MS getting better with the deals. I'd like to see more multi-game deal weeks!

Next do Banjo-Kazooie please. lol.

[quote name='NutManIV']Nice to see MS getting better with the deals. I'd like to see more multi-game deal weeks!

Next do Banjo-Kazooie please. lol.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I think they will discount them soon. They have been out for a long time on XBLA. Over a year for Banjo-Kazooie and the sequel is coming up on a year come April. I've been waiting for the sequel to come down price. Never played it, not even on N64! But honestly, why they decided to charge $15 each for both is beyond me.

Just a heads up of sorts

Via Major Nelson's twitter:
"Things are looking great for posting the latest Marketplace Schedule tomorrow...I'll Tweet when it's posted"

So maybe it'll show the next couple of DOTW. I like that he does that. Makes it easy to plan out things and such.
I'm passing this week's. Though did like the concept of the whole 3 deal thing.

Nice deal, I ended up picking up TMNT: Turtles in Time. Great price for $5, hopefully we see more of these 3 deals a week or maybe even 2.

These deals of the week are so popular because 90% of stuff in the marketprice is overpriced. For most games I think $5 is a perfect price point and people are excited to pick up a title at that price. It's a no brainer. $10 should be standard for some of the more popular games like MvC2.

[quote name='goatwoody']Agreed. I think they will discount them soon. They have been out for a long time on XBLA. Over a year for Banjo-Kazooie and the sequel is coming up on a year come April. I've been waiting for the sequel to come down price. Never played it, not even on N64! But honestly, why they decided to charge $15 each for both is beyond me.[/QUOTE]
Got the first one free from Nuts and Bolts, but yeah, I'm sure they'll be discounting them soon, with Perfect Dark coming out, which is probably going to be 1200 as well. Banjo-Kazooie is a great game, but probably half the game Tooie is. The Stop & Swap things are neat, though, if you have all three games.

TMNT Re-Shelled may not be all that it could have been, but it's still perfectly fun and the new graphics and sound make it interesting for people who've played through the original (and can stand that it's different).

I like the whole three games thing. Would be nice if they could start doing a current game, an older title, and some DLC or something along those lines. There are many older titles I would like but don't want to get them at their current price points liek Arkadian Warriors (sp?), Band of Bugs, Samurai Warriors Xtreme, Soul Calibur, Puzzle Quest DLC.

Anyways I picked up turtles. Wish they had buy for a friend like steam cause I'd buy it for 3 friends to play with me.

found this interesting -
Estimated Top Titles by Revenue, 2009 (Average Price):

• Battlefield 1943 (EA Dice) - $12.5 million ($15.00)
  • Castle Crashers (The Behemoth) - $7.3 million ($15.00)
  • Trials HD (RedLynx, LTD) - $7.1 million ($15.00)
  • Shadow Complex (Chair Entertainment / Epic Games) - $6.1 million ($14.38)
  • Family Game Night (Hasbro) - $4.2 million ($9.53)
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Capcom) - $4.2 million ($15.00)
  • Magic: The Gathering (Stainless Games) - $2.8 million ($10.00)
  • Worms 2 (Team 17) - $1.8 million ($10.00)
  • Peggle (PopCap Games) - $1.8 million ($8.86)
  • Turtles in Time: Reshelled (Ubisoft Singapore) - $1.7 million ($10.00)

[quote name='genfuyung']Yep[/QUOTE]

5.00 dollars for 30 min. of game = NO fucking way lol!

any replay value??? if not there is plenty of 400 ms point games out there.

i cannot believe they wanted to price this at 1200 ms points!!

updated that BF:1943 will be next. Ditched all the other info. I'll post a link to the thread in the 360 forums tracking that once I update it

[quote name='polo14player']5.00 dollars for 30 min. of game = NO fucking way lol!

any replay value??? if not there is plenty of 400 ms point games out there.

i cannot believe they wanted to price this at 1200 ms points!![/QUOTE]

I know you specialize in saying dumb things, but it makes people want to hit you. Where's the up-side?

Of course it has replay value. It's a classic arcade game. Arcade games are almost always 20-60 minutes in length, with 30 minutes being the average.

Turtles In Time gets way too much credit, the original is still better and was always $5 (I got it when Amazon had it for only $3!)

Don't remind me about MvC2, worst 1200 points I ever spent:puke:

[quote name='bfauble83']Just added TIT to queue. Now if I could just get my xbox back from repair...[/QUOTE]I hope you don't get a refurb console in place of your existing one, as you'll potentially have to do a license transfer if they didn't do it for you. They're supposed to do it in the repair process, though they sometimes don't.

I had to deal with that mess for a week before it was all sorted out.

[quote name='eastx']I know you specialize in saying dumb things, but it makes people want to hit you. Where's the up-side?

Of course it has replay value. It's a classic arcade game. Arcade games are almost always 20-60 minutes in length, with 30 minutes being the average.[/QUOTE]

i forgot to say fuck u!! i liked to see u hit me u fuck! bring it u zit faced p****!

[quote name='polo14player']i forgot to say fuck u!! i liked to see u hit me u fuck! bring it u zit faced p****![/QUOTE]Immature much?

Im thinking about getting TMNT turtles in time for $5, even though they destroyed the music, gameplay, sprites, and charm the original had.

[quote name='genfuyung']Has there ever been a deal on triggerheart excelica?[/QUOTE]

Sadly, no. I wish they would discount it. Sigh...

1943 = laggy for some on the 360 (me included). Meanwhile, whenever I play the demo on the PS3 it's very smooth, so I don't know what's going on with that.

Its like the demo servers for 1943 are different then the actual game's. Because the demo runs smooth and beautiful but the game wont even let you in a fucking match.

Hmm I didn't get Portal or Splosion Man, and none of these look any better. I don't think I'll get Invincible Tiger for 800 even though it looks decent. Might save the points for PB or TMNT.

[quote name='genfuyung']Has there ever been a deal on triggerheart excelica?[/QUOTE]

Have you played the game before? I bought it on XBL for an excuse to sell my DC copy but I honestly don't even like the game much, its just too much bullet hell at times and fairly short. I wish they'd release more DC shooters for XBLA.

is MvC2 worth the $10 ?? i used to have the dreamcast version and kinda liked it. As far as TMNT goes, i think $5 is the limit for it, i bought it for $10 and kinda liked it. I would say for 5 bucks if you liked the TMNT arcade game this one's a buy.

Tried the TMNT demo last night, the whole thing felt pretty subpar. This is coming from someone who thinks the original arcade is great.

Ended up playing more Splosion Man. Gotta find all those cakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back