Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

The Major Nelson link worked for me. Got the "thank you for being interested, etc...." note at the end, so yay!

Gotta wait 2 weeks though.

[quote name='draven1089']Waiting as well. I hope I get in this and they have the hbo go app up and running[/QUOTE]

same here, I could care less about the kinect functionality, I just want to get ahold of all the video apps that are incoming on it to see whats worth having

Signed up me and the lady. That way, if we both get in, we can experience the sweet bliss of cloud storage together!

It's always arrived sooner than they've said anyway, they say two weeks but I reckon we'll have it by next.

[quote name='GUNNM']Moral of the update don't ever buy themes because they're a waste of money[/QUOTE]

[quote name='BingoBrown']Fixed.[/QUOTE]

BingoBrown,

Thank you I sincerely appreciate you telling me what to do with MY money.

I've gotten into every beta i have signed up for, hoping to continue to streak!

Did they ask anyone for model/serial #, usually on these beta sign-ups they ask for them but this time i didnt get that question.

Nah, there's even a bit when you sign up saying that this time the registration doesn't need your serial and ID immediately. I'd already got my numbers on a bit of paper ready and everything!

If you sign up for the beta and get in, do you lose access to party chat with friends who don't have the beta? I seem to vaguely recall that was an issue with the last beta. Or maybe it was even worse, like not being able to play games with them. Or maybe I've just got this plain wrong! Hopefully so!

[quote name='crunchewy']If you sign up for the beta and get in, do you lose access to party chat with friends who don't have the beta? I seem to vaguely recall that was an issue with the last beta. Or maybe it was even worse, like not being able to play games with them. Or maybe I've just got this plain wrong! Hopefully so![/QUOTE]

that happened once because they upgraded the voice codec. It says right on the sign up page that won't happen this time and should be fully compatible.

[quote name='macontosh2000']
Did they ask anyone for model/serial #, usually on these beta sign-ups they ask for them but this time i didnt get that question.[/QUOTE]

If you woulld have read the page you would have seen they have have cut that part out untill your accepted

Ok, good. I just signed up. Hopefully they let me in. I do have Kinect, so I'm sure that's a plus as far as my chance of getting in.

[quote name='finsfan0210']I signed up as well. Wonder if beta testers will get anything this time like how we all got a free copy of Reach and an avatar item?[/QUOTE]
Pretty sure no one got anything for testing the NXE beta, why would this be different?

Signed up, I'm in the Netherlands, so I'm curious to see how they pull it off with the video services (probably nothing interesting for all countries outside the US, but you never know! :D)

[quote name='soliunasm']Pretty sure no one got anything for testing the NXE beta, why would this be different?[/QUOTE]

This past spring we got Reach and an avatar item for being in the update preview.

[quote name='finsfan0210']This past spring we got Reach and an avatar item for being in the update preview.[/QUOTE]That was for testing the "new disc format", not the NXE/New Xbox Experience dashboard update which was years ago.

It kept saying I couldn't nominate myself with computerandvideogames' link, but after I deleted all ms cookies majornelson's worked.

Damn, I can't believe I didn't see the registration link until now. Hope I got in in time. I've been in on all the other dashboard betas and I now own a kinect, so I hope that improves my chances.

[quote name='benjamouth']Also it's awesome how may adverts they're cramming into a service that I already pay for.[/QUOTE]

I don't love ads either, but this argument is stupid. When you pay for cable television, do you still have to watch commercials? Yes, you do. Unless you want Microsoft to adopt some "Premium Xbox Live Gold" HBO-like membership where you pay even more to not see ads, your argument holds no water. Oh shit..I better not give MS any ideas...

[quote name='n8rockerasu']

I don't love ads either, but this argument is stupid. When you pay for cable television, do you still have to watch commercials? Yes, you do. Unless you want Microsoft to adopt some "Premium Xbox Live Gold" HBO-like membership where you pay even more to not see ads, your argument holds no water. Oh shit..I better not give MS any ideas...[/QUOTE]

cable tv and a gaming console aren't quite the same thing. the 360 is more like the internet, and when you pay for a service on most websites, like the premium version of an uploading website like rapidshare or megaupload, for like $20 a year or whatever it is, they remove the ads. so it does seem reasonable to complain about there being tons of ads on your gaming console when you're paying $60 a year for the gold/premium version of that service. but whatever.

as for this update... i feel like an idiot for buying the CoD zombie premium theme and the gears 3 premium theme that were on sale a few weeks back... should've figured.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Is it official premium themes are r.i.p?[/QUOTE]
It's a completely different interface. You may be able to use them as backgrounds, but they were designed for the fact that the bottom 2/3rds of the screen is blocked in NXE. The only themes that may look decent with the new dashboard are the old ass themes for the blades if they still work.

For comparison:
dash-games-dashup83838.jpg

nxe20.jpg

[quote name='xXTwilightXx']i applied also, not sure i got in or not, was being distracted. is there any way to verify?[/QUOTE]

Possibly, I logged back into the connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate and my page had updated since yesterday with the following "Welcome" message at the top.

"Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. As a valued member of the program, we're excited to have you here and look forward to your active involvement in this installment of the Xbox Preview Program"

[quote name='dan121887']Possibly, I logged back into the connect.microsoft.com/xboxliveupdate and my page had updated since yesterday with the following "Welcome" message at the top.

"Welcome to the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program. As a valued member of the program, we're excited to have you here and look forward to your active involvement in this installment of the Xbox Preview Program"[/QUOTE]

Yeah, got the same message.

When I click on the link they have a posting saying they are no longer accepting applications. I was in the one that gave out Reach for free so would I also be in this one or do you have to sign up every time?

[quote name='sendme']When I click on the link they have a posting saying they are no longer accepting applications. I was in the one that gave out Reach for free so would I also be in this one or do you have to sign up every time?[/QUOTE]

Have to sign up every time. And they've filled up on participants:
http://majornelson.com/2011/10/12/xbox-live-public-preview-program/

Update: Registration is now closed. See the note at the bottom of this post for details

-

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I don't have Kinect and got in immediately. Now I'm just waiting for them to ask for system details and the beta to start.[/QUOTE]

you got an acceptance email?

bread's done
Back