Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

Looks like they just posted an update on the site, as of 10/17:

Next Steps - as of 10/17/2011

Last week we registered everyone into the Connect Site to get you "onboarded" to the program, but there are still several steps to go to get you fully up and running and we will be communicating that to you over the next week or so.

We still need to do the administrative work to get your GamerTag registered to the Private Forums and of course provide you with the instructions on how to register your Console(s). Those details are coming out very soon, until then, know that you are "IN" for the Fall 2011 Xbox LIVE Update Preview program and we are ecstatic to have you on board!

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q. Can I tell others that I am in the Xbox LIVE Update Preview Program?

A. Yes, you can tell people you are in, but sharing specific information about the program is a violation of the program agreement.

Q. When do I register my console information?

A. Soon, we will provide the instructions on how to register your console as soon as our administrative steps are done on our side. Look for updates via this portal.

Q. I provided incorrect information in the registration survey, can I fix it?

A. We will provide you an opportunity to update critical information such as your GamerTag details (gets you access to the Private Forums) in the next day or so, all other information is used for analysis purposes on our end and should not impact your ability to participate in the program.

Also got in. Pretty excited, this is the first time I've been in one of the preview programs for Microsoft.

Got in, awesome! Didn't expect it, since I'm a filthy Silver and everything haha.

Also, I have a 150ish MB file saved onto my Xbox under System Files. Is it because of this?

According to the site, changes will come within the next few days, so keep the site bookmarked to get your updates asap

I made the cut too. Exciting. All the happiness in this thread makes me think we will all rrod with the update or something. ;)

[quote name='Fearia']I made the cut too. Exciting. All the happiness in this thread makes me think we will all rrod with the update or something. ;)[/QUOTE]
2 weeks early to spam people youtube invites. I'm excited :lol::lol:

Think probably most got in before they shut it down. Hopefully there will be some cool and worthwhile things in this beta. I'm excited by the cloud saving, wonder if it will be in the beta? Also, since MS bought Skype wonder if they are going to bring it to the 360?

[quote name='BlazeP']Got in, awesome! Didn't expect it, since I'm a filthy Silver and everything haha.

Also, I have a 150ish MB file saved onto my Xbox under System Files. Is it because of this?[/QUOTE]

I'm a silver member as well. I don't pay for Xbox Live anymore...

i have received the same Next Steps annoucement.
i have been fortunate to be in the last 2 dashboard previews and the new format test. this will be my "4th" xbox beta/trial. i am also excited about cloud storage of my gametag. i have two xbox's and 1 kinect. it will be great to use the hand gestures and voice command for the xbox. cheers to being a little bit more lazy when watching my media :)

Xbox LIVE Update Program - Fall 2011

We appreciate your interest and support in helping us to test out the latest updates. This is an important update as we continually strive to improve our products and we could not do so without the help of our great Xbox community.

When do I Register My Console(s):

This year we have a new model for console registration so you were not asked to manually provide it during initial registration (as was the case in previous programs). We will provide details on the new process via this portal as soon as we are ready to start having consoles registered

What to Expect:

As part of this program, an update will be pushed out to your registered console(s) that will include select dashboard features including:

New Metro design with integrated Kinect voice and gesture controls
Beacons
Facebook Sharing
Cloud Storage for Game Saves and Xbox LIVE Profile
Other features and entertainment partner apps may also come into view during the program period and will be messaged via this portal.

Administrative Note: If you were in previous programs you will notice a few changes on the navigation available on our Connect Site. Same basic structure, but primary navigation is available by clicking on Xbox LIVE Update Home link on the upper left-hand navigation of this page. At the bottom of that page you will find links to all relevant program information.

Looks like I'm in as well. 3rd beta for me (did the last dashboard update & that one involving the Halo Reach disc). I just hope there won't be too many random updates, especially when you're playing a game & then it just kicks you off.

[quote name='SporkWielder']Got in as well, neato. Really interested in the cloud storage and beacons.[/QUOTE]

Me as well...

...what would suck is the 0.0000000001% the cloud storage they just dont do beyond the beta and peoples game saves are just gone lol

I doubt they denied anyone that applied as it said I got in a few minutes after I registered. With the real version of this coming out in a month, I really think they are just using this to do some minor stress tests on certain aspects of the dashboard.

It was erroring when I tried to check into the site yesterday (and the day before?) to check my status, but I was finally able to log in, and I got into the Beta (first one).

Mostly interested in the YouTube integration.

bread's done
Back