Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']I'll be kinda disappointed if the Beta participants don't get anything considering people in the last Beta got 2 copies of Reach when it all was said and done.[/QUOTE]

They didn't say they were giving anything in this preview so there's no need to feel disappointed. The last system update preview clearly stated that people who are accepted will receive Halo Reach to test the update disc format. Don't hold your breath waiting for anything other than a dashboard update before the the rest of the general XBOX community.

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']I'll be kinda disappointed if the Beta participants don't get anything considering people in the last Beta got 2 copies of Reach when it all was said and done.[/QUOTE]

I was in that preview ... and let me just say, I had to bitch and moan to support for 2 weeks to get that GoD code. Me and a bunch of other people just got skimmed over for it.

[quote name='nypickle']They didn't say they were giving anything in this preview so there's no need to feel disappointed. The last system update preview clearly stated that people who are accepted will receive Halo Reach to test the update disc format. Don't hold your breath waiting for anything other than a dashboard update before the the rest of the general XBOX community.[/QUOTE]
I'm well aware that this group of testers weren't promised anything. I won't be disappointed in general, I'm ecstatic to be included in testing the new Dashboard update, I will just be slightly disappointed (maybe that's the wrong word) if we don't get something for helping MS test the update. Believe me- I'm not expecting anything at all I just think it would be a nice gesture on Microsoft's part.

[quote name='Grausherra']I was in that preview ... and let me just say, I had to bitch and moan to support for 2 weeks to get that GoD code. Me and a bunch of other people just got skimmed over for it.[/QUOTE]
I don't doubt it, notice I said 'people' and not 'everyone'. :D

That's because the one where people got Reach was to test a new disc format, which meant sending those people the new disc format. Other than that I think one of the only other previews to give the participants something was the one where Kinect was tested, and those people got to keep the kinect they were given to test.

As for dashboard previews, each one I've been in has resulted in no free gifts.

[quote name='Ship']That's because the one where people got Reach was to test a new disc format, which meant sending those people the new disc format. Other than that I think one of the only other previews to give the participants something was the one where Kinect was tested, and those people got to keep the kinect they were given to test.

As for dashboard previews, each one I've been in has resulted in no free gifts.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it's always good to at least hope for something if you ask me. Every time I've heard about the 'Beta Testing' or anything like that it was a day or 2 after the registration closed. This is really the only time I've even had the chance to participate and I guess I got lucky that I saw it maybe an hour after it was put up.

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']Yeah, but it's always good to at least hope for something if you ask me. Every time I've heard about the 'Beta Testing' or anything like that it was a day or 2 after the registration closed. This is really the only time I've even had the chance to participate and I guess I got lucky that I saw it maybe an hour after it was put up.[/QUOTE]

Didn't they give out the Avatar Kinect prop for one of these things?

[quote name='jhamlett']Didn't they give out the Avatar Kinect prop for one of these things?[/QUOTE]
I don't know, this is the first Preview I've been a part of.

[quote name='jhamlett']Didn't they give out the Avatar Kinect prop for one of these things?[/QUOTE]

No thats for exclusive exclusive one time beta

Where they gave you a Kinect to beta test...

...to brag I got the Avatar Kinect prop

Last Dashboard beta I did all I "got" was the ESPN App about a month early(which was fine by me, it came just in time for college football season.)

Missed the kinect beta and the new disc beta with reach, not expecting anything spectacular for this one, but it would be nice to get the Live TV app early.

[quote name='thadarksandman']...but it would be nice to get the Live TV app early.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully it's free while in beta. When it starts costing me money I'm out ha...

[quote name='r3dreck']Hopefully it's free while in beta. When it starts costing me money I'm out ha...[/QUOTE]

MS is going to be charging for it?

[quote name='GenPirate']MS is going to be charging for it?[/QUOTE]

It's per channel, depends on which one(s) you want I think... at least that's what I figured from the *May require Xbox LIVE Gold membership and/or other subscriptions/fees. Kinect functionality varies by feature, provider and region.

Nothing is free, well, there's not a whole lot that is... I can't imagine Bravo Syfy, UFC, HBO GO, etc being free. IF they had an la carte channel system where I could pick and choose decent channels at say $1-2 a month I might do it but it isn't even looking like it's that maybe? Might have to buy into the MS TV thing at $xx a month then you get xx amount of channels? It's hard to say, think no one knows at this point but it's not going to be completely free.

This registration system is a lot easier. You go to the connect site and get a key that you redeem. An application is then downloaded to your console and you run it. If you're at work/school you can do that first step now using xbox.com so that you don't forget.

The website said 4-5 business days until you get the update but the console app said typically it's 1-2.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm in. This time they allow you to register up to 3 consoles. Neat![/QUOTE]

Cloud Saving. That's why.

3 months? This is going to be fun...probably not.

[quote name='killer9']actually after registering it says 1-2 business days sooooo[/QUOTE]

That is not the beta, that is when the beta tester channel will appear

[quote name='killer9']shenanigans[/QUOTE]

Super+Troopers+Shenanigans+01.jpg

[quote name='louiedog']This registration system is a lot easier. You go to the connect site and get a key that you redeem. An application is then downloaded to your console and you run it.[/QUOTE]Agreed. I seriously like this method better over going into System Settings or whatever & manually typing in my info. I really hope they do this for future betas.

Well, the waiting is almost done. I look forward to testing the new dashboard.

Wow they really made it easier to get registered. Someone used their head to come up with this system and it shows. No having to go and unplug my console to see the damn serial number!

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Wow they really made it easier to get registered. Someone used their head to come up with this system and it shows. No having to go and unplug my console to see the damn serial number![/QUOTE]

Just snap a photo of it, and save it for later. That's what I do.

[quote name='BudzMcGee']Wow they really made it easier to get registered. Someone used their head to come up with this system and it shows. No having to go and unplug my console to see the damn serial number![/QUOTE]

Uhh... You can see the Serial on the Xbox itself in the Settings some where not once did I unplug my Console.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

They're now taking console info to register your system for the beta. They're allowing you to register three consoles that are in your home. It also says that your console will be added to their database and can begin receiving updates in 3-5 business days, so this might be starting by next week.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I've been without power since Saturday and can't get my info until I get it back... (possibly Sunday!)

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']https://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

They're now taking console info to register your system for the beta. They're allowing you to register three consoles that are in your home. It also says that your console will be added to their database and can begin receiving updates in 3-5 business days, so this might be starting by next week.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Wouldn't have known otherwise.

[quote name='DarkSynopsis']Uhh... You can see the Serial on the Xbox itself in the Settings some where not once did I unplug my Console.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, forgot that you can do that under some setting. Still, so much easier this time around.

[quote name='mrx001']Managed to complete registration even if MS did suspend my account.Never give MS your credit info.[/QUOTE]

Everyone take this to heart! If someone gets into your account MS can get your account back to you pretty quick, but if someone gets into your account and spends your money on points or something it can take a month or more to get the account back.

Does anyone remember if they said the youtube stuff will be in this update?

bread's done
Back