Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

[quote name='VSpeck']Everyone take this to heart! If someone gets into your account MS can get your account back to you pretty quick, but if someone gets into your account and spends your money on points or something it can take a month or more to get the account back.

Does anyone remember if they said the youtube stuff will be in this update?[/QUOTE]

Its part of the dash update i imagine we will test every part of the new dash out for them

[quote name='DestroVega']can you get the serials without having your system on? I think at least one of them is on the outside[/QUOTE]

What's up with the electricity problem? Can you take your system to someone else's house and do it there?

I keep getting an error that says I can't self-register and to email a code to microsoft. I did that so I shall wait and see what they say.

[quote name='eastx']What's up with the electricity problem? Can you take your system to someone else's house and do it there?[/QUOTE]

Post #99, he mentions power being out at his place (and wouldn't surprise me if it's his entire area). The northeast got hit with an out of nowhere bad snowstorm and knocked out power in a lot of places which is still out in some cases.

[quote name='eastx']What's up with the electricity problem? Can you take your system to someone else's house and do it there?[/QUOTE]

I live in Connecticut in what is apparently 1947. 80% of the state lost power due to an early snow storm (6 inches) and since the trees still had leaves, it weighed them down and brought tons of trees down on power lines. I lost power Saturday at 10pm. They estimate I'll have power back by Sunday at midnight. It's pretty much an absolute joke that in this day and age something like this cripples the entire state's power.

Most folks who have already registered and ran the beta tool to get your console registered are now getting the new prerelease channel. Just reboot your console and the new channel should be there. Refer to the microsoft connect website and private forums for more info.

igot the pre-release channel on my 360 once i rebooted so one step closer

If anyone didn't get in the beta that wants in, I have an extra code that I got from a second account that I registered. Doubt there's any risk in installing the Beta Registration app, so just let me know if you want it!

Its on my dashboard now...not the update but the app is now visible in my dashboard as its own slide

[quote name='Stoic21']Registration closed...i missed it =([/QUOTE]
if u kno anyone on the beta and they trust u they can do it up to 3 diff consoles with one gamertag

Got the Xbox Pre-Release tabs added to my dashboard as well. Hopefully, this is a sign we'll get the new dashboard tomorrow or Monday.

Weird. No pre-release tab for me yet. I already ran the beta registration tool and restarted my 360. Nothing.

I thought the beta keys were tied to your WLID, and you need to be signed into the Gamertag linked with that WLID in order to run the console registration app.

[quote name='Ship']I thought the beta keys were tied to your WLID, and you need to be signed into the Gamertag linked with that WLID in order to run the console registration app.[/QUOTE]

Nope, you run the app, you get the beta.

[quote name='Masterpitviper']Just to be clear, can I redownload the app on my brother's Xbox so he can get the beta too? (We live in the same house)[/QUOTE]
TEP 4: [Optional - for multiple consoles] If you meet the requirements to register multiple consoles per the guidelines above, you simply need to sign into the second/third console with the same GamerTag originally used to redeem the token and re-download from your Download History.

[quote name='mrx001']Managed to complete registration even if MS did suspend my account.Never give MS your credit info.[/QUOTE]

I was not so lucky. Keep getting an error after the terms and conditions page.

anyone who just got the beta channel on their 360, did you get a Mass Effect 3 Private Beta slide? For some reason their is one on mine, I clicked it and it made me dl a 1.81gb file. Is this a mistake or something?:hot::bouncy:

Just a heads up for anyone with the Pre-release channel....a mysterious tab showed up for download.
"Mass Effect 3 Private Beta" At 8% right now.

[quote name='evophile']Just a heads up for anyone with the Pre-release channel....a mysterious tab showed up for download.
"Mass Effect 3 Private Beta" At 8% right now.[/QUOTE]
What? Do you think it's in everyones? I hope so! I will check after this game of BF3!

[quote name='distinct101']anyone who just got the beta channel on their 360, did you get a Mass Effect 3 Private Beta slide? For some reason their is one on mine, I clicked it and it made me dl a 1.81gb file. Is this a mistake or something?:hot::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I was just going to post the same thing. Downloading the 1.8 GB ME3 "private beta" now.

[quote name='TheOtherBarber']What? Do you think it's in everyones? I hope so! I will check after this game of BF3![/QUOTE]

From what I've seen around the 'net the only people who have said they can't see it are NOT in the US.

A lot of people on the Beta forums are saying it is like an early Alpha build with missing graphics and wire animations for parts so some people are thinking it might be a mistake to be up there. I hope my download finishes before they remove it if it is a mistake.

[quote name='thegreatest']You wait and no[/QUOTE]

okay thanks. do I have to keep checking the website? or will i be prompted to download something eventually?

I have nothing on mine.. I read on joystiq that it may be for people in the preview and who have BF3? Is that true or is it just taken down already
I don't have BF3 so that's why I'm wondering since I don't see it

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I have nothing on mine.. I read on joystiq that it may be for people in the preview and who have BF3? Is that true or is it just taken down already
I don't have BF3 so that's why I'm wondering since I don't see it[/QUOTE]
That might be true, I've played BF3 and it was on mine but I don't know about everyone else.

bread's done
Back