Xbox Live Fall 2011 Dashboard Out Now - 12/06/11.

For all those lucky enough to have been accepted to the Fall 2011 Xbox 360 Dashboard Preview, you now have a copy of the Mass Effect 3 Private Beta ready to download. According to forum tipster Timan, if you’re in the Dashboard Preview and on Xbox LIVE, one of the tiles will point to a 1.81 GB download of the private beta.

I don't think it has to do with BF3, since on the slip of paper in the game, it's for everybody that bought it, so restricting it to only people that are in the dashboard beta wouldn't really be fair. I'm guessing the ME3 beta for the dashboard, they're testing the in-game dashboard or something.

[quote name='distinct101']anyone who just got the beta channel on their 360, did you get a Mass Effect 3 Private Beta slide? For some reason their is one on mine, I clicked it and it made me dl a 1.81gb file. Is this a mistake or something?:hot::bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Possibly a mistake, but worth the dl, do it now, im playing ;)

[quote name='DarkLink']my console hasnt even been prompted for the update yet :([/QUOTE]

Because there is no update yet.

[quote name='steelcurtain11']I have nothing on mine.. I read on joystiq that it may be for people in the preview and who have BF3? Is that true or is it just taken down already
I don't have BF3 so that's why I'm wondering since I don't see it[/QUOTE]
No,I don't have Battlefield 3 and I was able to download the Mass Effect private beta.It's been pulled.

It looks like they might have pulled the ME3 Beta as it is gone from the tab and when I try to start it I get an error saying unable to connect to EA servers so the Beta will not start.

[quote name='Owen']It looks like they might have pulled the ME3 Beta as it is gone from the tab and when I try to start it I get an error saying unable to connect to EA servers so the Beta will not start.[/QUOTE]

Probably cause the EA servers are always shit, not cause the beta got pulled.

I got about 3 matches in before the servers went down in the middle of Wave 2. It was fun while it lasted. How the hell do you switch between your two weapons? Wished I had been able to try whatever was available for single player.

They accidentally released the Beta. It was never supposed to go out to the public but somehow it was put up for download. It's not that EA has shitty servers (which they do). They pulled the servers because the Beta was accidentally released.

It downloaded for me, but wouldn't get passed the main menu because of the server thing. Now, it won't launch at all and has turned into 'corrupted data'. I guess they did something to it. Hopefully it didn't screw up my hard drive though.

[quote name='KingBroly']Did you go under Game Library and register the thing?[/QUOTE]

Shit, I didn't. :drool: Thank you for reminding me!

The ME3 beta has been remotely deactivated by MS/EA, so it's no longer shows up as a game/demo and appears as corrupted data in the memory listings.

[quote name='Ultima22']Erm..... off-topic?[/QUOTE]

On topic because it appeared in the Beta section on the dashboard so people thought it was something we were supposed to beta test.

[quote name='GenPirate']On topic because it appeared in the Beta section on the dashboard so people thought it was something we were supposed to beta test.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense.

bread's done
Back