Xbox Live THREATS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hi guys, I've been on this board for quite sometime and I haven't ever come across anything like this before. I have seen everything from racism to stupid little shit talking but I think that this is much more. I was online earlier today playing NBA 2K7 online and well, lets just say I ran into a problem with the person I was playing against. Angry is a term that is an understatement of how I feel right now.

Here's the letter that I just got done sending to Microsoft. Please read it and leave me feedback on this page. Any comments would be great. Also check out the photos as well. They are large in size but they are my evidence. I will post it in the second post so you guys know what to read.

December 28th, 2006.

Problem: Treats on Xbox Live, Including photos of player with Stun Gun. Stated that he works for
Microsoft.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag: TYNITTY 757

Around 11:40 I was playing NBA 2K7. I decided to play online and I challenged someone on Xbox Live
by the name of "TYNITTY 757". As we play the game, he was winning but I noticed that he showed off
every dunk and move he pulled off. As he is doing this, he is running down the 3 minute pause timer
in NBA 2K7's online system. Once he paused and no more time was left, I had the option of quitting
the game and taking the win or just playing the rest of the game. I decide to quit game and take the
win because I felt what he did was rude.

Anyways, I thought that playing with him was over then I receive a picture message from him. Here's
a summary of what I received:

Two different photos of him. The first photo of him is just him flipping me off with both of his
hands. The second and final photo is of him flipping me off with one hand while holding a stun gun
in the other. In-between the two photos, he also left text messages saying he wishes my entire
family dies in a car crash while also calling me a fag and telling me that "u suck nigga". In the
second text message that he had sent me, he stated that he worked for Microsoft in Washington and
that tomorrow, he would be filling a claim that I had tampered with the game that we had taken part
in, after all of these messages that he had sent me, both photographic and text.

12:17 - Photo 1 was sent.
12:18 - Text message 1 was sent.
12:19 - Photo 2 was sent.
12:27 - Text message 2 was sent.

I will attach some links to my Comcast Server that I am currently hosting the digital camera photos
that I had taken off my HDTV. They are large in size, around 400kb, but it's my proof that this had
taken place. Also, above, I have giving you the time in which the messages were sent so maybe you can
look back at the logs.

Xbox003a.jpg

Xbox002a.jpg

Xbox001a.jpg

Xbox004a.jpg

Regardless of whether or not he is a Microsoft employee, I hope that you will take action. Not only
did he say vicious things like hoping for my family to die, but he also took pictures of him with
stun guns, which is essentially a treat against me. If he does work for Microsoft, then I hope you
punish him more. Please get back to me A.S.A.P.

Angry Long-Time Xbox Live User,

Xbox Live GamerTag: Pootie Thang

I find it hard to believe this guy "works" for Microsoft or lives in Washington. His grammar is awful and he has a Cowboys gamer picture.

That sucks though that you had to play with this guy. Seriously though, I wouldn't worry about anything.

I thought you were just bitchin, but after reading about your experience, this guy needs to be slammed by MS. I try to avoid random games, but this kind of stuff is totally unacceptable on a paid service such as xbl.

This guy deserves some serious time out in the "banned" corner. If I were you, I would forward your letter to Major Nelson, Engadget, 360 Fanboy...this guy is just screaming for negative press in the worst way (which might lead to MS actually doing something about this guy).

I hope everything works out for you.

p.s. nice tv :)

you're sure taking this seriously... the block communications option is there for a reason along with report a user.........

Didn't need the extravagant e-mail -_-...........

This stuff happens everywhere and Im glad someone reports some of it, because I sure never felt it was worth my time.

Nice ass TV that is too. I want one. :|

[quote name='xdl']This stuff happens everywhere and Im glad someone reports some of it, because I sure never felt it was worth my time.

Nice ass TV that is too. I want one. :|[/QUOTE]

Thanks man that's the 60" that I play on. We also just got a brand spankin new 50" SXRD XBR 1080P and that's amazing too. Anways, thanks for the post guys, just for someone to be this negative over a game that they lost themselves is crazy. I just finally realized that maybe I should start to say something about it

Wow that guy has issues seeing how he threatens peoples families over quitting a game that he paused and let run out.
Dos Major Nelson give his info in his podcast because I know theres a place to post stuff he will go over on the show

It really isn't a big deal, and no--doing the "Stun gun" motion isn't a threat. He is just an asshole and you're just being a pussy. No offense.

This shit happens, so what? You ignore the person, put him on block and that's that. Have you exchanged names, address', supplied him with your daily schedule of where you are, and given him the schedule of your family? No? Then you don't need to feel threatened.

I'm gay, so am I supposed to jump all over this and be like oMGZZZZZZ HE SAID FAG11!1! ::CALLS UP FBI:: ?? Nah. Just relax and get over it.

Ok i'm done now :p

This sort of thing happens all the time; especially in Madden. Live just expands the various ways a person can vent/express their frustration towards people. Uncalled for, but I smell :bs: on the, "I work for Microsoft," crap.

[quote name='lilboo']It really isn't a big deal, and no--doing the "Stun gun" motion isn't a threat. He is just an asshole and you're just being a pussy. No offense.

This shit happens, so what? You ignore the person, put him on block and that's that. Have you exchanged names, address', supplied him with your daily schedule of where you are, and given him the schedule of your family? No? Then you don't need to feel threatened.

I'm gay, so am I supposed to jump all over this and be like oMGZZZZZZ HE SAID FAG11!1! ::CALLS UP FBI:: ?? Nah. Just relax and get over it.

Ok i'm done now :p[/QUOTE]

Whatever. I support Pootie for reporting this asshole. I don't think he ever thought of him as a legitimate "threat" as much as just a complete jerk who needs to be banned from XBL.

I find this happens in sports games a lot more than other genres. It's pretty rare to play a quick match with someone cool on a sports game than it is in something like Ghost Recon or Call of Duty. Different genres attract different gamers.

I personally would have fun with it. Anyone that says they work 4 microsoft, using the number 4 is clearly a retard and deserves all sorts of stupid crap coming there way. Make him cry!

[quote name='lilboo']It really isn't a big deal, and no--doing the "Stun gun" motion isn't a threat. He is just an asshole and you're just being a pussy. No offense.

Ok i'm done now :p[/quote]
Nice, I like how we've gotten to the point where we just roll over and say "that shit happens, live with it". There's no reason why we, or ANYONE, needs to put up with crap like this. I say report it, I hope he gets banned and keeps getting banned every time this happens. People need to be responsible for their actions, whether it's sending a nasty email or busting out someone's window. So when this guy steps up his shit to a new level because there were no repercussions for previous actions, are we still going to say "that's OK, just ignore him". fuck that ...

Complacency is laziness; good job Pootie, I back you 100% man.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Nice, I like how we've gotten to the point where we just roll over and say "that shit happens, live with it". There's no reason why we, or ANYONE, needs to put up with crap like this. I say report it, I hope he gets banned and keeps getting banned every time this happens. People need to be responsible for their actions, whether it's sending a nasty email or busting out someone's window. So when this guy steps up his shit to a new level because there were no repercussions for previous actions, are we still going to say "that's OK, just ignore him". fuck that ...

Complacency is laziness; good job Pootie, I back you 100% man.[/QUOTE]

QFT. This guy doesn't need to be warned, he needs to be banned IMMEDIATELY and PERMANENTLY.

I can only imagine what this guy is like on a headset.... There's a reason the only game I play on Live is Uno, and even then it's with the sound off. :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']I take it you've never played Halo 2 online, eh, OP?[/QUOTE]

What's it like? I've only played Halo 1 & 2 w/my friends in the same room.

As for that guy, I hope he gets banned. Just because we're gaming on the internetz and have some level of anonymity, it shouldn't give anyone the right to act that way, sending threats to others like that. A ban or suspension of that guy's account should hopefully give him a reality check and let him know that that sort of behavior is unacceptable.

I totally agree, do what you can to get this fucker off Live. We pay good money for the right to use service, and I'll be damned if some asshole is going to actually go so far as to threaten me and my family, regardless of how founded these threats may be.

This guy might pay the same 50 bucks a year we do, but I'm sure this is an egregious violation of the Code of Conduct, obviously you can't threaten or harass people, and you can't impersonate microsoft employees. You might be able to force them into action if you can get a fix on his locale or something. There are a few states where stun guns are illegal (http://www.quakepro.com/SafetyTech/stungunlaws.htm), and the fallout from concerned parents if Microsoft was caught letting a guy showing an illegal weapon to their kids would be huge.

I agree with Lilboo. So the guy talked some shit big deal. Are you gonna try to censor his speech? Let me try to count the awful things that have been said to me playing shooters... about how they want to shoot me in my face and what not. Thats way more of a threat than a guy sending me a pic of him with a stun gun. You know the thing that says game experience may change during online play? its there for a reason. Also, where exactly did he threaten you? This thread just pisses me off in so many ways. Sure they guy is immature for doing it, but I also think its immature to go run and tell when you can be an adult and ignore him. Dont assume everyone operates on this super respectful tier you would like. seriously man, maybe you should get a ds or something, they have taken measures to assure that this type of thing doesnt happen.

Get over it, seriously. Your probably one of those people that sue somebody everytime they insult you. Also when you just left you were just asking for it. He threatens you over xbox live...OMGZ I FEEL SO SCARED.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Nice, I like how we've gotten to the point where we just roll over and say "that shit happens, live with it". There's no reason why we, or ANYONE, needs to put up with crap like this. I say report it, I hope he gets banned and keeps getting banned every time this happens. People need to be responsible for their actions, whether it's sending a nasty email or busting out someone's window. So when this guy steps up his shit to a new level because there were no repercussions for previous actions, are we still going to say "that's OK, just ignore him". fuck that ...

Complacency is laziness; good job Pootie, I back you 100% man.[/quote]

QFT--damn straight. I'm so sick of people just going, "Oh man quit whining you pussy, just let people walk all over you." Makes me believe that anyone who defends this kind of action is a perpetrator of this action themselves.

NOBODY has the right to do that to anyone. Free speech comes with responsibility, and if you use it to make threats you deserve every consequence you get. I hope Microsoft bans this douchebag.

Your all acting like you "got made fun of at school" and your on your last nerve. If you can't take threats or whatever then you need to get off xbox live or kill yourself in real life or grow some balls and handle it yourself. I just don't see how you can feel threatened, maybe hurt (bcuz you seem like a pussy). But who's problem is that, yours...now stop whining and get over it. Shit like this happens everyday and everywhere.

Report him. MSFT does that take this stuff seriously. I'm sure that some employees do look at this forum and will see this as well... the fact you have proof is good... just hope he doesn't have any on you that provoked him as I'm sure they will pull that from the logs... don't think you did, but just in case. Take that into account.

I don't think you needed to explain the messages, as they were pretty self explanatory. I probably wouldn't have known what the stun gun was because of the darkness of your picture (I'd be thinking "he wants to assault you with a DVD remote!?!").

Of course, there are ways of ignoring users and avoiding them, but I think this case warrants a special kind of attention from MS, and commend you on contacting them. I hope MS takes the appropriate action.

A death threat across state lines is a federal crime punishable by up to 5 years in a federal prison. In addition, depending on which state you live in, a stungun may also be an illegal weapon.

Simply put, go to the cops.

Yeah, goodluck proving that. The real question is how could you feel threatened? Yeah he said "I hope you and your family die in a car crash" but how many times do people that say that go to jail? The answer is zero. The final decesion is up to Microsoft and the worst they could do is ban him which I highely doubt, but is possible. Him going to jail...hmmm...yeah right. What he said in my opinion was a empty threat. Being a asshole is not a crime.

lol you pussy you took the win when you were getting owned

Still though ive gotten messages JUST like that and just reported and moved on. It was pretty uncalled for to send the pictures but its not like you have to open them.

[quote name='DeathDealer']I agree with Lilboo. So the guy talked some shit big deal. Are you gonna try to censor his speech? Let me try to count the awful things that have been said to me playing shooters... about how they want to shoot me in my face and what not. Thats way more of a threat than a guy sending me a pic of him with a stun gun. You know the thing that says game experience may change during online play? its there for a reason. Also, where exactly did he threaten you? This thread just pisses me off in so many ways. Sure they guy is immature for doing it, but I also think its immature to go run and tell when you can be an adult and ignore him. Dont assume everyone operates on this super respectful tier you would like. seriously man, maybe you should get a ds or something, they have taken measures to assure that this type of thing doesnt happen.[/quote]
:roll:

You're a fucking idiot.

There is a difference between somebody saying in a shooter that they are going to shoot you in the face and some guy harassing you multiple times (with pictures) after you quit a game of basketball.

[quote name='Sporadic']:roll:

You're a fucking idiot.

There is a difference between somebody saying in a shooter that they are going to shoot you in the face and some guy harassing you multiple times (with pictures) after you quit a game of basketball.[/quote]
That sounds funny to me..."some guy harassing you multiple times". All he had to do is block him or not open the messages. It seems that just because he sent a picture of himself it holds more weight...which it doesn't. If it was some little kid or some fat white guy would you still feel threatened?

I agree that that dude needs to be banned from Live permanently ... but if I were in the shoes of Microsoft, I would also make the extra step of reporting this incident to the local police and the FBI. This incident puts a negative light on one of the best experiences of the 360.

[quote name='mikeohara']I agree that that dude needs to be banned from Live permanently ... but if I were in the shoes of Microsoft, I would also make the extra step of reporting this incident to the local police and the FBI. This incident puts a negative light on one of the best experiences of the 360.[/QUOTE]

I assure you the FBI won't give him the time of day.

Were you using the wired 360 controller? I'm not an electrician, but I'm pretty sure you are safe from the stun gun if you are using the wireless one.

[quote name='jalu6']Were you using the wired 360 controller? I'm not an electrician, but I'm pretty sure you are safe from the stun gun if you are using the wireless one.[/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='steveinneed']That sounds funny to me..."some guy harassing you multiple times". All he had to do is block him or not open the messages. It seems that just because he sent a picture of himself it holds more weight...which it doesn't. If it was some little kid or some fat white guy would you still feel threatened?[/QUOTE]

Why should he have to ignore it?

This isn't some free anonymous service, there are steps in place to get rid of douchbags like this. Why shouldn't he use them?

[quote name='jalu6']Were you using the wired 360 controller? I'm not an electrician, but I'm pretty sure you are safe from the stun gun if you are using the wireless one.[/QUOTE]
classic. And I agree w/ all the people that are against the Thread starter

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back