Xbox One CAG Game Night

I'm guessing the game night didn't happen as I just jumped in and have no friends playing MCC. Oh well. Always next time I guess. SAT night a Halo night as well?
We switched over to Titanfall cause the MCC matchmaking is terrible and we didn't have enough for custom games

I'd be down to try some Evolve. I bought it from a Gamefly sale recently. Only ever did the tutorial so far.
Or Forza Horizon 2. I cannot get enough of that game.

Is there a way for us to play GTA online together as one party? I've only played single player thus far so idk if it'll work for a group. 

Also, this is a good week for Evolve since it's one of the few I don't have and I won't be able to play this week. 

Voting is open now.  Kind of sucks that you cant erase the votes for a poll (I guess I can also see some reasoning for this, but since you can only create 3 polls per thread it means after this week I'll have to make a new thread, and afterwards each thread will be good for 3 weeks, unless we vote on something aside from what to play

Protip: click "delete my vote" at the bottom of the poll area if it won't let you vote on the 3rd question.

Also, we could just recycle the same questions until new games get added.

Protip: click "delete my vote" at the bottom of the poll area if it won't let you vote on the 3rd question.

Also, we could just recycle the same questions until new games get added.
Ninja'd!

The problem with recycling is that not everyone who had voted previously is going to return to delete their previous vote so the poll can start fresh

Man, so last night around 7, the baby was falling asleep on me and I thought that would be a good time to squeeze in a few minutes of dark souls 2. I laid the baby down at 7:45 and did not stop playing until 6 AM. Just like that, I've been sucked back in. For the next week or two my gaming nights are going to be spent with dark souls 2. Sorry guys.

So I'll throw this out there:

If anyone here happens to play DS2 and can't play Titanfall on cag game night, feel free to hit me up. Current character's SM is about 3 million and I'm down for doing co-op, pvp, trading, whatever. The online in that game has been so dead lately it'll just be nice to have some company!

Last edited by a moderator:
PvZ off to an early lead for this week. I am weak and repurchased Destiny. When I stopped playing before I was level 24 so I've still got a ways to go. Anyone who wants to play some coop between game nights let me know

^ I'd be down to try out Destiny. I bought it when it dropped to $20 a couple months ago. I've only played it for a few hours. Was hoping it would have been a bit more like Borderlands (I have put over 100 hours in to BL2) - but I'm still down to play for a bit sometime. 

Looking forward to tomorrow's game night. Been fun playing with you guys these past few days. I even mentioned it to my wife (and my 18 month old, lol). "Sorry, gotta go... no TV tonite... game night with the fellas!"

PvZ is excellent. I got it when it was $10 last week. Great looking game, too.

Anything really. Playing destiny currently but would be up for anything. What you thinking?

Some thoughts I had
Dead rising super ex dlc
Evolve
Destiny
MCC
Titanfall
Borderlands THC
Forza Horizon
World of Tanks
Sorry, ended up playing some Rocket League on PS4 instead. Will try to make tomorrow's game night.

I'm in. As usual, I'll be online around 10 or 10:30pm EST.

And Darby, you were right about being able to transfer my :360: Battlefield 4 online progress to my :xb1: profile. Everything came over (stats, tons and tons of battlepacks, etc). I played it for the first time in a year and a half this weekend. I still love this fucking game. I'm right back in. I'm at level 18 (22 hours on my profile) - and I was like whoa when I saw all dudes at level 100+! A lot has changed (in a good way) over the last 18 months.

Now I'm tempted to get some of the Premium DLC...

EDIT - holey shit Darby, checked on Battlelog, you have 149 hours logged! I have a long fucking way to go...

So looking like PvZ tonight. U guys good for 9pm again?
I'll be on at 9 PM EST for PvZ - can probably only play to 10-10:30 PM EST with work tomorrow. Anyone know the best way to play as a group? I don't recall private lobbies, so we may have to party up and then go into the game.

EA access man. It's more than worth it and you can join in on Titanfall with is too
Yea i should would help with sports titles too. I own Titanfall already grabbed it for 8 bucks at BB! BF4 on ps4 but still I've been tempted to grab access. When I get a few extra bucks I'm sure I'll grab it. Been strapped the last few weeks.

Now when I see gamefly sales I look at good potential game night games. Wish Hardline was cheaper than $30, Evolve for $12.99, and Far Cry at $14.99 are good prices for potential game night games for those who don't have them

I do that same shit. In fact, I bought :xb1: Hardline last week for $27 on eBay. I already played, finished, and sold it on :ps4: months ago. I am just snapping up potential game night candidates.

Since a few of us just got Evolve recently from GF, that would be a good one to play soon. No experts - just a shit show of rookies.

I do that same shit. In fact, I bought :xb1: Hardline last week for $27 on eBay. I already played, finished, and sold it on :ps4: months ago. I am just snapping up potential game night candidates.

Since a few of us just got Evolve recently from GF, that would be a good one to play soon. No experts - just a shit show of rookies.
Yeah. I want Hardline, but closer to $20.

And while I have voted for evolve the past two votes it may actually be better on a separate night when we can get 5 of us together, or game night thins out early. Because the player limit is 5 it wouldn't work on a night like last night when we had 8 at one point.

So I participate for the entire game night and there's no Game Night Highlight #003?  :(

With voting, I think we may need a back-up plan/alt options depending on number of participants.  For example, PvZ or Halo allow large numbers of us to play together, but Titanfall is 6 (if we play together vs. others), Evolve is 5, and Destiny depends on co-op (3 for strikes) or PvP (6, I think? vs. others). 

I would be down for Evolve, as I've barely played it, and even though I have little experience in the MP aspects, Battlefield 4 or COD: AW.  Forza Horizon 2 online seemed rather chaotic as people will just drive into you, but hey, I'll try that as well.  I traded-in Hardline - SP was great, didn't really want to try MP, and at the time, no one else on my friends list was playing it.

As a side note, if someone wants a co-op partner for a game that doesn't get voted in and/or something with a smaller cap for players and can play earlier (prior to 9 PM EST) or on weekends, I can usually do that.

So I participate for the entire game night and there's no Game Night Highlight #003? :(
Stranger!

Highlights include Darby's upcoming interview for the head coach job of the local high school football team. Or realizing that JStryker was the one in the van when that sexy-time UK lady crashed into him.

Here I thought we were establishing that I was the woman doing the self pleasurement.

As for other games that haven't really been mentioned, what about some of the freebies? Happy Wars, Smite, World of Tanks, and Magic Duels: Origins come to mind.

World of Tanks is going on the list. Smite might also be a good one, though I've never played it myself. I haven't heard of Happy Wars or the Magic game so maybe those can go up too

Magic Duels Origins is the newest game in the duels of the planewalker series (and the first to actually use planewalkers). Supposedly using a model similar to hearthstone. Games are 1v1 or 2v2 (Two Headed Giant). Assuming free for all is coming back as well which was 4 players in years past.

Supposed to be out later this month, although no date has been confirmed. Already out for Apple devices.

How does World of Tanks work in a party?  When I played over the weekend, you would join a team, get destroyed, then go back to the garage to start another mission with a different tank while the first team finished the other mission.  In a party, do you wait until the game actually finishes? 

Magic Duels Origins is the newest game in the duels of the planewalker series (and the first to actually use planewalkers). Supposedly using a model similar to hearthstone. Games are 1v1 or 2v2 (Two Headed Giant). Assuming free for all is coming back as well which was 4 players in years past.

Supposed to be out later this month, although no date has been confirmed. Already out for Apple devices.

Seems like a fun game, but maybe not something suited for game night because of how few players it supports. Probably something to switch to during the night depending on nunbers

bread's done
Back