Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Does anyone else's order on Amazon just say Xbox One Console instead of the Day One Edition? I could have swore I ordered the Day One Edition...
You most likely ordered before the switched the listing to two models. If that's the case, you get the day one edition.
Yea, someone contacted CS last night and they said it was showing up as day one edition on their end even if it doesn't on yours. I would contact them just to make sure though.

Does anyone else's order on Amazon just say Xbox One Console instead of the Day One Edition? I could have swore I ordered the Day One Edition...
You most likely ordered before the switched the listing to two models. If that's the case, you get the day one edition.
Well then... that would be great news. Was the non-Day one edition even available RIGHT when it was up on Amazon?

Im still confused about walmart.com pre orders and there extended warranty.  If i buy the system and warrnaty the warranty will ce charged now and the coverage starts now?

Well then... that would be great news. Was the non-Day one edition even available RIGHT when it was up on Amazon?
no it wasnt, but if ppl wnt to preorder the one day edition you can get it from microsoftstore . com

:)

Anyone know if Microsoft Store puts a hold on your card for pre-orders? This will be my deciding factor - I wanna use my debit card. But no way in hell if I gotta pay up front!

Since Amazon is sold out of the Day One Edition, what would be the next best place to pre-order that doesn't put a hold or charge on your card immediately for the pre-order? I know Best Buy is out of the question, but where else is safe?

My order doesn't specify Day One edition, because I preordered before they changed the item title. I assume though all first shipments will be day one edition anyway.
Most likely, but I just didn't want to take the chance of just getting the regular edition when they are both the same price. The person shipping these might just send the regular edition, because it didn't specially say it is for the "Day One Edition" on my order.

Yeah, I had the same thing and I just cancelled mine and ordered the one that specifically said "Day One Edition".

Yesterday, when the preorder page was first put up, there was only one option. Nothing mentioning the "Day One Edition". In my order history it didn't mention the "Day One Edition". Now it seem they have two versions and the day one edition is sold out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I pre-ordered as soon as it showed up on Amazon and it was just standard, later changed to Day One, but my order status shows Day One.

Since Amazon is sold out of the Day One Edition, what would be the next best place to pre-order that doesn't put a hold or charge on your card immediately for the pre-order? I know Best Buy is out of the question, but where else is safe?
Online besides Amazon....maybe Microsoftstore.com? B&M I'd suggest $25 down at your local Best Buy.

Well I said screw it - I pre-ordered from Microsoft Store and used my debit card. No hold yet so.........hopefully I'm good til it ships.

Well I said screw it - I pre-ordered from Microsoft Store and used my debit card. No hold yet so.........hopefully I'm good til it ships.
Alright good deal, I'm going to do the same then.

How did Amazon sell out of the Day One Editions that quickly?

My question is, if you pre-order at Gamestop, when the time comes for you to pick it up, do you have to get it at the specific Gamestop you pre-ordered at? I am assuming so since quantites are very limited for consoles. I won't be able to get it at my local Gamestop. I'm hoping Amazon gets the Day One Editions back in stock.
Was extremely popular? It's the fastest preorder console on record with Amazon and a few other sites.
Is that really an achievement? Amazon doesn't stock the Wii U and Blockbuster is a joke.

The Xbox brand is pretty powerful though. Sigh.

Anyone know if Microsoft Store puts a hold on your card for pre-orders? This will be my deciding factor - I wanna use my debit card. But no way in hell if I gotta pay up front!
i preordered from microsoftstore and the only verified the card and just see a pending from $1

they didnt hold the full amount and the website says they wont charge until its about to ship

Question about newegg pre orders.... has anyone figured out how you add a extented warranty? Im for sure not buying one of these systems without a 3 year warranty.

Amazon is sold out of the Day One Editions. Also, a way to tell which one you ordered is to move the selector between "standard" and "day one". Whichever has a yellow banner on top saying you purchased it is the version that you'll be receiving.
Whoa. Mind blown.

I just checked my open orders and my states "Xbox One Console - Day One Edition"
Yea, I was gonna say, just check your order!!

Mine says "Xbox One Console" but when i select "Day One" it shows that i ordered that one and not the "Standard"

so i should be good, still i have my backup from microsoftstore and bestbuy lol

i preordered from microsoftstore and the only verified the card and just see a pending from $1

they didnt hold the full amount and the website says they wont charge until its about to ship
I know newegg doesn't do any verification.

I preordered the Day One Edition from Best Buy a few minutes ago.  I used over $200 in gift cards and had a question.  If I cancel the preorder what happens to the gift cards? 

speaking of pre-orders, why is the new Plants vs Zombies game not listed anywhere? I thought they announced it for launch, but maybe im wrong.

speaking of pre-orders, why is the new Plants vs Zombies game not listed anywhere? I thought they announced it for launch, but maybe im wrong.
Wait, is that a full game? I figured it was a downloadable arcade game which is why it wouldn't be up yet, I could be wrong though

Guys, remember to stay on topic about preorders.  If you want to discuss the DRM issues (whether you are pro or con) go to the other thread I linked in the OP.

I went in to GS today around 11am to preorder the PS4 (got into the middle of their allotment it seems).  They had just preordered their last Xbox One a few minutes before I got there - so they lasted a full day.  He said they only had a "handful" allotted to them so I'm guessing just 8 or so.

So I'll keep my Amazon preorder for now (need to go check and make sure it is the Day One first - yes, indeed it is).

I really hope this Day-One edition extends to preorders after the initial pre-order shipment allotment. Like what would the rationale be to give someone a standard edition minus all the DLC, when they receive the console the same day but didn't have the Day One option by a few minutes?

I really hope this Day-One edition extends to preorders after the initial pre-order shipment allotment. Like what would the rationale be to give someone a standard edition minus all the DLC, when they receive the console the same day but didn't have the Day One option by a few minutes?
You snooze, you lose. Similar to black friday; Quantities are limited,.

I guess. At the same time, pretty pissed off that I had the item in my cart went to check out and it was then unavailable. Still sitting in my Save for later. But seriously, if I have a standard pre-order that will arrive the same day. Why not just make it Day-One? Make all the initial orders Day-One till all pre-orders sell out for both.

I guess. At the same time, pretty pissed off that I had the item in my cart went to check out and it was then unavailable. Still sitting in my Save for later. But seriously, if I have a standard pre-order that will arrive the same day. Why not just make it Day-One? Make all the initial orders Day-One till all pre-orders sell out for both.
Because MS had a set amount of day one units for sale, and that amount has obviously been exceeded. Quantities were limited, while supplies last.

I don't think they meant Day One as in launch day...

I am talking about the Day-One Edition. Unless I'm mistaken, there are two different "packages." Standard and Day-One Edition. Like I can't pre-order the Day-One Edition. I can pre-order the standard. It seems to me that the standard could potentially arrive as the latter but doesn't include all the tchotchkes. I'm saying why not make all the pre-orders include those until all the standard and day-one edition pre-orders are out? Am I missing something here.

I am talking about the Day-One Edition. Unless I'm mistaken, there are two different "packages." Standard and Day-One Edition. Like I can't pre-order the Day-One Edition. I can pre-order the standard. It seems to me that the standard could potentially arrive as the latter but doesn't include all the tchotchkes. I'm saying why not make all the pre-orders include those until all the standard and day-one edition pre-orders are out? Am I missing something here.
I was referring to the day one edition. Microsoft probably wanted the day one edition for those that pre-ordered day 1, not because you are getting it on launch.

I was referring to the day one edition. Microsoft probably wanted the day one edition for those that pre-ordered day 1, not because you are getting it on launch.
No because you can still preorder it on the MS website....

No because you can still preorder it on the MS website....
I guess I was wrong, carry on.

Because Microsoft can either make a crap ton of Day One edition consoles with engraved controllers and whatnot and end up having extras (such as with basically every "limited preorder edition" of a game these days) which would lower the value of them and completely kill the whole Day One Edition idea, or they can make a set amount of them and ultimately, when they sell out, start switching to regular edition consoles. The latter makes more sense in this case.

I put a $25 deposit down at Bestbuy for it, I would much rather have it preordered at gamestop (Have a ton of credit there) but I figure there will be ample time to find ways to transfer GS credit to BB credit, (Could also do that Gift card to BB reward zone point's thing they have on plastic jungle) or I could just flip thing's from game stop and use the cash toward's the Day One edition.

Managed to get two Playstation 4 consoles (getting for sure) at GameStop day of the conference. Figured id stop by Best Buy today to ask if they were out of their XBOX One allotment like most of the GameStops around the area and they said they have only had a couple preorders so far and for only $25 a console figured id preorder two there just in case Microsoft smartens up. 

Were you guys discussing anything not directly related with the preorder?

From the OP:

Note added by Io:

Please note: any discussion not directly related to preorder issues should take place in this thread:

http://www.cheapassg...t-access/page-1

If you want to discuss the system itself, Microsoft's DRM policies, etc, please take them over there.  This thread should be constrained to retailer preorder issues only.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I talked to a fairly knowledgeable GS employee and he said that GS purposely put skewed the preorder allotments for individual stores to favor the PS4 because they expect that to at least initially have a bigger demand. That is why most stores had ~10 Xbox One preorders available and 25+ PS4 preorder slots.

He said that if company wide the Xbox One appears like it will sell well they will most likely open a second wave and purchase more inventory for MS directly however he said corporate didn't want to overbuy inventory for the Xbox One and have stores and warehouses full of them.

Not sure how true that is but thought I"d share

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but I talked to a fairly knowledgeable GS employee and he said that GS purposely put skewed the preorder allotments for individual stores to favor the PS4 because they expect that to at least initially have a bigger demand. That is why most stores had ~10 Xbox One preorders available and 25+ PS4 preorder slots.

He said that if company wide the Xbox One appears like it will sell well they will most likely open a second wave and purchase more inventory for MS directly however he said corporate didn't want to overbuy inventory for the Xbox One and have stores and warehouses full of them.

Not sure how true that is but thought I"d share
I can confirm this as well. That's why people shouldn't be hoarding and reselling. There going to be doing more waves of preorders. It's still at least 5 months out. These guys are going to break numbers with these preorders.

I got the last pre-order at my GS, plus put down some money on a few games as well that I would've bought for the 360 anyways.  I'm still pretty pissed about the price tag, but let's face it I love live and the gaming community that comes with it (and also have almost 2 years of live left on my acct)!

Just a reminder...

5% cashback at Amazon with a Chase Freedom card in the 4th quarter (October through December) of 2013.

Get $25 off and get your Xbox One for $475 with no tax for most.

So if I preorder a non Day one xbox one when will that ship?  I have to imagine that if no Day one's are left it may be 2014 by the time this ships.  Does amazon have any data on this?

So if I preorder a non Day one xbox one when will that ship? I have to imagine that if no Day one's are left it may be 2014 by the time this ships. Does amazon have any data on this?
It's going to depend on your place in line. If they restock within 1-2 weeks, you could see one fairly quickly, but if your 21st in line for the standard, and they only get 15 by years end, you'll be waiting.

But in the reverse, if they get 25 extra "day one" units, you'll get one of those right out of the gate. It's just all numbers, and how many they will ship at launch, and afterwards. MS is releasing "ONE" worldwide at launch I believe, so qty's will be very limited. Sony is only doing US and EU, so theirs is more likely to ship in bigger numbers, but it's also cheaper and thought to be the better unit, so demand may be higher.

With it being the holidays, and 2 major consoles being released at the same time, it's doubtful many will get both, so hopefully that will keep qty decent up through the new year, but who knows.

So if I preorder a non Day one xbox one when will that ship? I have to imagine that if no Day one's are left it may be 2014 by the time this ships. Does amazon have any data on this?
It's going to depend on your place in line. If they restock within 1-2 weeks, you could see one fairly quickly, but if your 21st in line for the standard, and they only get 15 by years end, you'll be waiting.

But in the reverse, if they get 25 extra "day one" units, you'll get one of those right out of the gate. It's just all numbers, and how many they will ship at launch, and afterwards. MS is releasing "ONE" worldwide at launch I believe, so qty's will be very limited. Sony is only doing US and EU, so theirs is more likely to ship in bigger numbers, but it's also cheaper and thought to be the better unit, so demand may be higher.

With it being the holidays, and 2 major consoles being released at the same time, it's doubtful many will get both, so hopefully that will keep qty decent up through the new year, but who knows.

TLDR: No one knows... We don't even have an official launch date yet. Come on people...

Looks like amazon has the Day one edition in stock again?  anyone know if they charge anythign now?  also do they accept paypal?

bread's done
Back