Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

So did Gamestop have any actual 'preorder bonuses' for Ryse and Dead Rising 3?

I have had them preordered but am looking at taking advantage of the TRU deal. Are the preorder incentives that GS is advertising just the Day One contents? So if I simply got the Day One Editions at TRU I would be all set?

Played Ryse at comic con and it was pretty fun but it relies more on scripted events and excellent graphics instead of innovative gameplay. It'll be a good rental to pump about 8-10 hours into but probably not too much more.

Anyone getting any update from amazon? Looks like my order may have been charge to my CC.
They are definitely charging cards. I went to check after seeing your post as I was just about to apply my gift cards. It showed a payment problem, so they tried to charge. I was able to have them update it and I'm good to go. They are charging earlier than they did for PS4. I usually receive shipment in 1 day from them since I'm so close.

Played Ryse at comic con and it was pretty fun but it relies more on scripted events and excellent graphics instead of innovative gameplay. It'll be a good rental to pump about 8-10 hours into but probably not too much more.
This is honestly why I bought mostly sports games at launch, NBA, Madden, And FIFA. For me they may not be amazing (except NBA) examples of next gen, but they are good upgraded games that will last me a long time!!!!

That seems rigged to me. Every gameplay video I watched on PS4 looked solid. I guess the 2K fanboys spewed off to IGN on that one.
Cmon.. Its Live.. where you actually expecting a good result? They should totally find a new team to handle this as it doesn't seem to be working for them.

Anyone who chose Live over 2k is just insane...

Last edited by a moderator:
Picked up a controller and 2K14 last night.  Going to get BF4 and Creed after lunch.  Getting so hyped.  I took the weekend off from work so I could game :D

just got this..strange since i didnt get something similar with the ps4

Before your order ships, please make sure your payment and shipping information is correct:

1. Go to https://amazon.com/openorders.
2. Find your order and check the expiration date on your payment method. 
3. If your payment method expires before November 2013, click "Change Payment Method" on the right side of the order summary. 
4. Either update the expiration date of the existing payment method and click "Retry payment method," or select a different payment method or enter a new credit card. 
5. Verify the billing address and shipping address. If necessary, update either by clicking "Change" next to the address you wish to update, then select an existing address option, or click "Add US Address" or "Add International Address."

Updating payment information will not affect your estimated delivery date of November 22, 2013.

just got this..

Before your order ships, please make sure your payment and shipping information is correct:

3. If your payment method expires before November 2013, click "Change Payment Method" on the right side of the order summary.
4. Either update the expiration date of the existing payment method and click "Retry payment method," or select a different payment method or enter a new credit card.
5. Verify the billing address and shipping address. If necessary, update either by clicking "Change" next to the address you wish to update, then select an existing address option, or click "Add US Address" or "Add International Address."

Updating payment information will not affect your estimated delivery date of November 22, 2013.
I got that too. My payment info is good so not sure why it was sent.

Went to pick up Need for Speed today, unfortunately the gamestop I go to said they haven't received them yet. It's cool can't play it anyway. Just wanted to see a case in hand. For everyone going back and forth about ryse why not try the game yourself. Knack reviewed poorly, but I'm still enjoying it. I really can't wait for Ryse, love the setting and haven't played a hack n slash in a while. My PS4 launch games were based off of what I had seen and whether or not it would keep me interested in it's story/premise. Not some reviewer, some of which barely know how to pay videogames. We also have about tons of review sites popping up everyday which is getting annoying. My launch so far for my one,

Ryse, (will play first)

Dead Rising 3

Killer Instinct (for others not so much for me, stop playing fighting games)

Forza 5

Need for Speed Rivals

Maybe List

NBA 2K14

Zoo Tycon

just got this..strange since i didnt get something similar with the ps4

I got that too. My payment info is good so not sure why it was sent.

Yeah I have more then enough funds to cover my preorder and all my billing information is correct so I'm not sure why they sent that out.

Edit: Do you need to click thru that link? I don't want my order cancelled but I don't really feel like updating information that is already correct

Probably just as a precaution. 

Maybe a bunch of people who bought PS4's got screwed over this way somehow and they are trying to avoid another issue.

Guyver,

I just got that same e-mail too. I went ahead and double checked everything and it seemed correct to me.

I also didn't get one for the PS4 so I'm hoping its just precautionary.

Edit: Kinda off-topic but, I pre-ordered Super Mario 3D World and have had Prime forever but I got an email the other day saying I'd receive it the 26th when it comes out the 22nd. I called them and they 'upgraded' me to release date shipping, but I've always had release date shipping. Not sure what was going on there.

Anyone else had this happen before?

Cmon.. Its Live.. where you actually expecting a good result? They should totally find a new team to handle this as it doesn't seem to be working for them.

Anyone who chose Live over 2k is just insane...
I was. And I think it will deliver. It used to own the NBA series on the Xbox/PS2 gen, but it blew during 360/PS3 gen. It will make a comeback this gen with EA's ultimate game modes such as UT and OTP/Club.

Are day one editions going to be extremely rare?
Rare? Likely. Valuable? Nope. The DLC will be available for purchase on the marketplace. The only thing different about the "Day One Editions" is the case (from a collector's standpoint).

Did anyone order CoD Ghosts for X1 from Amazon & get a promo for another copy?
I did. I happened to have an order for CoD, NBA and Madden ship out yesterday. Received an e-mail about some promos for each game (as if I had already submitted my X360 trade-ins for those games). After playing around with it for a bit, I noticed I received two $25 promos at checkout for NBA and Madden, one for CoD. Madden/NBA promos took off $50 a piece... so I ordered them for $9.99 a piece. Only received a one $25 off code for Ghosts, but went ahead and ordered that for $35.

I'm alright with my launch games being $10 and $35 a piece! :)

EDIT: I'm now scared to submit my 360 copies in now... not sure if I'd actually receive those promos again or not XD

I did. I happened to have an order for CoD, NBA and Madden ship out yesterday. Received an e-mail about some promos for each game (as if I had already submitted my X360 trade-ins for those games). After playing around with it for a bit, I noticed I received two $25 promos at checkout for NBA and Madden, one for CoD. Madden/NBA promos took off $50 a piece... so I ordered them for $9.99 a piece. Only received a one $25 off code for Ghosts, but went ahead and ordered that for $35.

I'm alright with my launch games being $10 and $35 a piece! :)

EDIT: I'm now scared to submit my 360 copies in now... not sure if I'd actually receive those promos again or not XD
That's crazy--so Madden & NBA take $50 off. Sheesh.

I needs me a copy of Madden or COD (if it can get here by fri). :)

I think I have a similar glitch with the tradeins of nba and BF4 so I can trade with you guys if you need one of those

So, tonight's the deadline for selling my Xbox One Day One Edition Amazon pre-order (with release day delivery).

If anyone's still interested, let me know, or else I'll end up listing it on eBay later. I would rather sell to a CAG and get it delivered straight from Amazon.

The Day One preorders were clearly advertised as limited. Also, retailers had separate sku's for them, saying either "Day One Edition" or "Standard Editions." I don't understand why those that didn't pay attention think that they 'better get one.' Hell, I got a Day One from MS Store on 7/29. If you ordered from somewhere to avoid tax (Newegg) that is no one else's problem :D
Well, thats the thing...I pre-ordered the first day they were available from Newegg. They threw up the web page to take the pre-orders and have not updated it since. Nothing to pay attention to, as the Day One edition did not exist at that time. I contacted them a week after Day One came into existence, and they were not sure which version I was getting. I contacted them a month after, and they told me they were not sure which versions they were getting. Two months later, they still werent sure. Three weeks ago, they told me to contact the manufacturer. Only a week ago, did they confirm it was a standard edition...much to late to cancel my order and get ANY edition on launch.

That being said, the silence was deafening and I should have cancelled and ordered from somewhere that advertised as Day One. I won't cancel now and will live with the concequences of no Day One edition and saving $30 on taxes.

So, tonight's the deadline for selling my Xbox One Day One Edition Amazon pre-order (with release day delivery).

If anyone's still interested, let me know, or else I'll end up listing it on eBay later. I would rather sell to a CAG and get it delivered straight from Amazon.
I PM'd you.

Well, thats the thing...I pre-ordered the first day they were available from Newegg.
I think that was the mistake. You should always order from one of the chains. I learned my lesson with Newegg. Don't get me wrong, I love them and ive used them for years but shouldn't be anyones go to store for games.

How much over cost are you asking? ;)

I think that was the mistake. You should always order from one of the chains. I learned my lesson with Newegg. Don't get me wrong, I love them and ive used them for years but shouldn't be anyones go to store for games.
Agreed! Computer parts, no question. And thier customer service is second to none with returns. It's the place to go. They even did me good with my PS4 System Pre Order (should be delivered today).

still no damn upgrade coupon on my account from GS.

looks like I will be hitting MS store around 8pm or so to trade up then drive the opposite way to get my xb1

I have DR3, Ryse, and Killer Instinct Pin edition preordered. I really hope the MS store ships out the pin set so I have it for Friday. I really want to play it day one

still no damn upgrade coupon on my account from GS.

looks like I will be hitting MS store around 8pm or so to trade up then drive the opposite way to get my xb1
Same here : /

To trade them in to the MS Store I thought you had to have bought the 360 versions from them just like at GS though?

I have DR3, Ryse, and Killer Instinct Pin edition preordered. I really hope the MS store ships out the pin set so I have it for Friday. I really want to play it day one
I don't see why you wouldn't be able to play it day one? It's a free digital game...

Just watched the fighter within trailer. Actually looks pretty fun, will you be able to play online? None of my friends would come over and play that,

The free version only has Jago, the pin set comes with all characters.
So play with him until it arrives...

Just watched the fighter within trailer. Actually looks pretty fun, will you be able to play online? None of my friends would come over and play that,

He can do that, but MS really should have had that for him on Day One and I highly doubt they will if it hasn't shipped by now and he also hasn't heard anything about it yet either from them.

I got wait to get home and feel that sweet Xbox One game case in my hands. I might get a haircut on the way home too just to be fully ready for Friday and the honeymoon weekend. Not even kidding.

Supposedly there will be online play, Im not sure about launch though

bread's done
Back