Xbox One Console Thread (Console is currently in stock as of 12/3 at Amazon)

Heres another review, this one done by a site that isn't to favorable to Sony:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/xbox-one-review-more-than-a-game-console-less-than-a-living-room-revolution/3/

As someone who was going to buy it for the bells and whistles and not for the games, this review might be the nail in the coffin.
Yea as someone who didn't have enough to get one to begin with I am sorta happy it doesn't scream "get me day one!" Im not a fanboy to any system either so don't take it that way when I say both systems had mediocre exclusives at least to my preferences. I can't wait till some good games come out. Then Ill be itching to get a one.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ended up moving onto my shelving and re-doing some stuff over there.  I've been at this for over two hours now.  I'm happy with the progress and it's what needed to be done.  I wish my Xbox One Day One was showing some activity though.  I don't know why I seem to be 12 hours behind a lot of other people.

On the bright side (for both systems), these console reviews should show Microsoft/Sony what features people want fixed/working better so they know what to work on for future patches and such, one of the only reasons I usually find modern console reviews helpful since they change so much from when they launch. I mean look how many different dashboards the 360 had :p Luckily I'm getting one for the games and the other stuff is secondary, so I should still be happy with it.

Are these reviews serious?  I have seen on my Android phone alone how much better voice recognition gets with each software update.  Three of the seven "bad" bullet points were all related to things that can be easily fixed.  Regarding the IR blaster thing, I don't even want that happening.  I like to turn the TV on myself and I don't want my Xbox turning my surround sound on and off either, that just stays on all the time.  I don't need every single electronic turning on at the same time.  Sounds like bad news unless you have some sort of battery back-up system going on that regulates the energy as well or a line filter.    

Maybe these are things that upset other people, but I'm looking at this and saying, "This is it?  This is what you have found to complain about in two weeks?" and I'm getting even more excited for it.  I know how cynical (and dumb) people can be and most of the complaints I take with a grain of salt and can see where the issues are.  Like the unsaved game thing.  Yeah, if you change games without saving, you lose data.  Imagine that.  Some of these complaints are really grasping IMO.

is any way for me to watch local free tv channels picked up via antenna or is it cable providers only? Cause I love the TV integration but am not into the price of cable.

Is there such a thing as a coaxial to hdmi box possibly? All hdtv antennas appear to be coaxial only and I don't know of any other solutions besides possibly buying an expensive DVR unit.

I feel like this is maybe stupid question but I had to ask :dunce:

Those who were planning to plug a console into the hdmi in on the Xbone might want to make other plans. IGN plugged a Wii U in and there is enough lag to make it unplayable.

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/11/19/playing-super-mario-3d-world-on-xbox-one

EDIT: Also surround sound doesn't pass through the HDMI In either meaning your live TV will only have stereo sound.
I know this is a big deal to some people, but Microsoft told us about the lag a couple of months ago. A guy and I talked about it in this thread a couple weeks ago cause I alerted to him to it when he said he was excited to play Xbox 360 through the HDMI-in.

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/microsoft-yes-you-can-plug-ps4-xbox-one-please-dont-4B11233762

Camden London UK

Just a heads up for anyone in that area of the UK, UPS delivery company are having a Driver Strike in that borough only on Friday.

They are getting in lots of temporary drivers to cover the area, but they will not know the area and will have lots of missed deliverys.

If you have a tracking number then best advice is to have the depot hold the XBO in that centre and pick it up yourself.

If the delivery gets missed that day then your looking at Monday for delivery, good luck anyone affected.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67884936

Aaand my offer still stands! So, if, by miracle, you're still up and willing to secure an Xbox One in the next 30 minutes or so, PM me! :D

It'll probably end up on eBay later today. This is seriously your last chance!
If I strike out on amazon this morning I will PM you and take it, I would have done it last night but hard to pay $100 more if there is another opportunity to purchase it at retail price from amazon

is any way for me to watch local free tv channels picked up via antenna or is it cable providers only? Cause I love the TV integration but am not into the price of cable.

Is there such a thing as a coaxial to hdmi box possibly? All hdtv antennas appear to be coaxial only and I don't know of any other solutions besides possibly buying an expensive DVR unit.

I feel like this is maybe stupid question but I had to ask :dunce:
If you have a 360 and a windows PC, you can get media center through your xbox 360 and then stream the TV to the Xbox One using the 360's HDMI out. Don't think that the Xbox One's TV listing will pull the OTA (over the air) listing though.

It sucks that Xbone is not a native media center extender, I'm sure they are playing nice to appease the cable TV people. I imagine the same media center functionality that I have to record and watch TV on the 360 right now, but with voice commands and the new guide.

If you don't know about media center and have an xbox 360, look into it - it works great and is one of the best options for DVR of OTA TV.

had 1-click set and BAM! was originally going to go the walmart route, but they said they had 10 unclaimed and would go a lottery route thursday morning...

Got one. They went up about a minute early under the "1 new at 499.96" link below the item description. Don't know if I'll keep it honestly. I might sell it.

1-click is the way to go! Tried putting it in cart, did not show in cart, tried again, no dice... Then did the oneclick thingy and got through!

Guess I'll be cancelling my BB preorder because I had tons of Amazon money and BB was all out of pocket...

This saved me about $50 in tax that I originally had through the MS Store.  Not to mention I got $450 in Amazon GC's from trading in my iPad 3 to GS.

I, too, was able to get one. It kept throwing Xbox Live into my cart, though, but I was finally able to remove it. Feels good.

That seemed to go fast. Wasn't able to get one (if they did sold out, but it seems I'm just getting issues with adding it to my cart). But I'm on my mobile, so that slows me down. Must be fate. I will wait until March once Titanfall comes out, then I will push to get one.

Happy hunting.

Well, that was fucking frustrating, but like others said, use 1-click ordering.   It also didn't help that my fiance had about 30 make-up items in the cart that I didn't notice, instead of putting them in her wishlist like I asked.

Wow that shit went fast.  It took a couple reloads to get to the check out page but looks like I was able to snag one

bread's done
Back