Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

So I am confused will only Halo 2 be updated with XB1 visuals? Also all four games will have their complete single player campaigns correct?

Far Cry 4?!?

Edit: Game looks fantastic, can't wait, wonder what the surprise announcement is tonight?!?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I've been negative, not sure why you're mentioning me.
Sorry didn't specifically mean today but you're usually negative as hell.

And here I've been missing Ubisoft's E3. Good to see Aisha Tyler is back she's great.

In other news I noticed Sunset Overdrive, and AC Unity are both October Titles. That month was way too crowded as it previously was.

Count me as one of those who will be buying an Xbox One now that the Master Chief Collection has been announced.
Huge fan of the series, and very much looking forward to HD versions of the games.

Would love it if a Halo themed console was in fact announced this week also.
Wouldn't matter if it were Kinect or No-Kinect, it would be an easy purchase.

Jeez, I guess some people like to focus on the negative, huh?

I'm looking forward to MC collection and hopefully Crackdown turns out great. Spent a lot of time on the first one. Second, not so much. So this year I have Diablo 3,Halo collection, Destiny, Assassin's Creed, to look forward to so far. Yeah, not all exclusives but I'm not getting dividends from Microsoft stock so I don't really care what their console sales are. I just want good games and a fluid experience on the system I chose. Looks like I'm going to get that.

Now look at last Gen and how great 2007 was for gaming. Two years after 360 launched? Now look at what the second year holds for this gen...

Exclusive wise I think they'll be fine this year. Sunset OverDrive and Halo Collection are more than enough for me just because there's so many third-party games to buy this year.

I think at next year's E3 both Microsoft and Sony will hit their strides better as a lot of the games that weren't ready to be shown this year will be more formally announced and ready to play.

(Edit) Another non-gameplay focused trailer for The Division. Come on E3 I expected better than this.

Damn Aisha Tyler is tall as hell. She towers over that guy and her heels don't even look that big.

The Crew looks very ambitious but I'll probably be cancelling my pre-order just because I got Forza Horizon 2 and I'm not interested in racers enough to get two of them.

So The Crew is coming in November, anyone know the difference between The Crew, Drive Club, and Forza Horizon, they all seem very similar and all coming out around the same time.

Ubisoft picked the worst time to release a driving game, the game looks interesting but it'll get overshadowed by Xbox gamer's getting Forza Horizon 2 and Sony Gamer's grabbing DriveClub. I can't help but feel they would have been better off if they could have released it during the Summer instead.

On a side note AC Unity looks fantastic, E3 is really shaping up I'm liking a lot of what I am seeing minus all the Cinematic trailers.

Agree on Unity, but I love the AC series even AC3 so I may have bias. :)
Yeah I think the series has been fantastic except maybe Revelations but that was just because it felt too much like Brotherhood.

I've played the crap out of AC4 so I'm exciting for this.

On a side note I wonder if they'll talk about the last generation Assassin's Creed game, I just realized I don't think they've mentioned anything.

So The Crew is coming in November, anyone know the difference between The Crew, Drive Club, and Forza Horizon, they all seem very similar and all coming out around the same time.
The Crew is almost exclusively multiplayer. Here's a good write up about it from RockPaperShotgun. I agree they were hurt by the Drive Club delay and as far as FH2 is concerned they didn't know about its release until a few weeks ago.

Ubisoft is overfocusing on these Fitness and Dancing games. I can't say if they sell well since I don't follow the series, but if they do then I don't think the target groups that buy them are watching E3.

These companies only have so many games to show. They need filler which at least in Ubi's case seems to sell well. 

Ubisoft is overfocusing on these Fitness and Dancing games. I can't say if they sell well since I don't follow the series, but if they do then I don't think the target groups that buy them are watching E3.
How else do you think they are going to get women to play video games? This is how you capture that market.

This is not a show for people who play video games. It's primarily for people who invest money in tech stocks and the media. They are going to showcase their entire catalog and the people who invest money in Ubisoft want to see them target everyone.

This Ubisoft lady is the ultimate cringe. The worse thing you can do while public speaking is trying to hard to be funny. Oh gosh it's sooo awful.

How long do you think you will be able to play the Master Chief collection on Xbox 360 before Live is shut down for 360 owners?
What are you talking about? Or, why did you quote my post? I said it would be boneheaded for them to put it on 360.

FPS games continue to sell really well. Ubi has to get a piece of the pie. They surely can't let EA and Activision have it all to themselves. 

I know. I know they sell well. I just get tired of all the FPS style games that come out now. Even just shooting games in general are starting to get old for me.

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 were the bomb on the Xbox 360. Played the crap out of those two and I have a lot of good memories. Calypso Casion Attack and Defend was awesome back then, and Michael Myers mode was great.

While it's another FPS Rainbow Six does a lot different compared to the usual Call of Duty and Battlefield fight.

I doubt there will be "awesome console deals" because there will be no price cuts on X1 or PS4 and they have no games that most people would be willing to buy a console for. $400 for your Crackdown bundle? Yeah, you can keep it.
Lol the fact that people don't understand when you get a game bundled for free into the bundle you are essentially getting a price cut. No doubt they'll have Halo: MCC and Sunset Overdrive bundles this holiday.

Yeah so glad we got Rainbow Six: Siege as we've heard a while ago that Rainbow Six: Patriots. Got a lot of good memories with RS:V, SWAT, SW:RC where you have to plan out your moves tactically, I'd def be playing this with my buddies in a Xbox party.

What are you talking about? Or, why did you quote my post? I said it would be boneheaded for them to put it on 360.
Halo 2 is part of the Master Chief collection. You cannot power up your Xbox and play Halo 2 online. It was shut down.

So Xbox 360 owners are preparing for this in general right? I predict it will happen within the next couple of years. Once it happens, they'll say that in order to play Halo 3 and 4, you'll need the Master Chef collection.

Doesn't anyone care how anti-consumer this is?

Halo 2 is part of the Master Chief collection. You cannot power up your Xbox and play Halo 2 online. It was shut down.

So Xbox 360 owners are preparing for this in general right? I predict it will happen within the next couple of years. Once it happens, they'll say that in order to play Halo 3 and 4, you'll need the Master Chef collection.

Doesn't anyone care how anti-consumer this is?
What the crap are you even saying. You're either really confused or a tinfoil hat kind of guy. Master Chief collection isn't even coming to the Xbox 360.

Just watched the highlights of all the conferences and I think the winner so far is the Master Chief Collection.  It will certainly move systems.  100 maps is insane.   AC Unity also looks better than I thought it would.

Biggest disappointments were Sunset (I was not impressed), no real ME4 announcement and nothing from Gears (not a fan, but MS needs some momentum coming out of E3 and Gears would have done just that)

What the crap are you even saying. You're either really confused or a tinfoil hat kind of guy. Master Chief collection isn't even coming to the Xbox 360.
Halo 3 and Halo 4 are on Xbox 360. Xbox Live will eventually be shut down by Microsoft if you try to connect with an Xbox 360 console, just as it was with the original Xbox and Halo 2.

Is this not something people think about?

I can understand the justification to shut down some multiplayer servers. Nobody is going to be playing NBA 2K6 right now. But if Halo 2 is popular enough to release it in a collection of Halo re-releases, then it's popular enough to continue supporting via Xbox Live.

Please tell me where the logic falls apart. This is just anti-consumer.

So the people on Neogaf are saying that Crack Down's destruction is being handled by the Xbox's cloud servers and capabilities. With that in mind it's leading the assumption that the game may be online only as a result of that.

Here's some Forza Horizon 2 gameplay videos from IGN.

http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/1920/413d49423c9e532f7820112341fdcfad-5000000-1402332733-w.mp4

http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/1920/9c6c6adf4813f94d4daca545689d2382-5000000-1402333967-w.mp4

http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/1920/a832673e0cf82c4cccdc1fc928ad8901-5000000-1402334957-w.mp4

Game looks very good but I'd be lying if I said it looks visually as good as Drive Club. That may be because of the open-world rendering but that's just my initial thoughts. Watching the gameplay only further validates my thoughts that The Crew is going to get wrecked sales wise.

just watched press conf ms knocked this thing out of park i love the indie stuff good job on ms end for doing that.

when it comes to halo collection 100 maps and all that for 60 bucks.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpeg

Maybe if I continue to repeat myself people will listen. Nope, go away.

Lol I was watching Rainbow Six: Siege commentary on IGN and they're like that poor lady they're gonna save her but they're tearing her house apart! Also "I don't know about you but my multiplayer matches never sound like that."

[quote name="Spokker" post="11828171" timestamp="1402356952"]Halo 3 and Halo 4 are on Xbox 360. Xbox Live will eventually be shut down by Microsoft if you try to connect with an Xbox 360 console, just as it was with the original Xbox and Halo 2.

Is this not something people think about?

I can understand the justification to shut down some multiplayer servers. Nobody is going to be playing NBA 2K6 right now. But if Halo 2 is popular enough to release it in a collection of Halo re-releases, then it's popular enough to continue supporting via Xbox Live.

Please tell me where the logic falls apart. This is just anti-consumer.[/quote]
Your logic falls apart that they would shut down a service making them money. The original Xbox had very few users left on it. It is hard to justify dedicating servers to a small user base. Even if one game is popular it isn't necessarily enough to keep an entire server farm in place. On top of that they wanted to add features to Xbox Live that they weren't capable of because Live was not designed to be modular on the original Xbox. Not forward thinking at the time, but they have since stated that they corrected that on 360 and going forward. So, as long as people are playing the games and using the system there isn't really much to worry about is there? Was I mad that I couldn't play Halo 2 online? No, because they had two sequels out since then with another on the way. If people are only playing Halo 4 on 360 then, yeah, they might shut it down. You want to play Halo 2 on og Xbox? Setup a tunnel service with your own server. Charge people even. How long do you think you'll be profitable? Maybe you can get Goodwill to run it, though, since you think Live is a charity.

So the people on Neogaf are saying that Crack Down's destruction is being handled by the Xbox's cloud servers and capabilities. With that in mind it's leading the assumption that the game may be online only as a result of that.

Here's some Forza Horizon 2 gameplay videos from IGN.
http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/1920/413d49423c9e532f7820112341fdcfad-5000000-1402332733-w.mp4
http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/1920/9c6c6adf4813f94d4daca545689d2382-5000000-1402333967-w.mp4
http://assets.ign.com/videos/zencoder/1920/a832673e0cf82c4cccdc1fc928ad8901-5000000-1402334957-w.mp4

Game looks very good but I'd be lying if I said it looks visually as good as Drive Club. That may be because of the open-world rendering but that's just my initial thoughts. Watching the gameplay only further validates my thoughts that The Crew is going to get wrecked sales wise.
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/is-cloudgine-the-xbox-ones-secret-weapon/

Again in that article follow the demo link and you'll see this will be a destructible city powered by the power of Microsoft's servers.

Wow got 8 games lined up for 2015 already. So glad to see that Halo MC Collection is real. 100+ maps and all that content for $60 is insane.

Actually relieved that the MS side of things is light in terms of exclusive titles towards the end of 2014 outside of Forza, Sunset and Halo. October Is absolutely brutal.

Your logic falls apart that they would shut down a service making them money. The original Xbox had very few users left on it. It is hard to justify dedicating servers to a small user base. Even if one game is popular it isn't necessarily enough to keep an entire server farm in place. On top of that they wanted to add features to Xbox Live that they weren't capable of because Live was not designed to be modular on the original Xbox.
Xbox Live is nothing but a server that you log into. You can probably shut down live for every other game and still keep Halo 2 servers up. Their servers don't even host the games, YOU do. Either way, neither us know exactly what their setup is, but I doubt keeping Halo 2 matchmaking active carries with it a substantial incremental cost above keeping Live up for Xbox 360 users.

Your charity comment is completely and utterly nonsense since Xbox Live carries with it a fee. Halo 2 users would be PAYING to play. In any case, I would guess the profit margin for Xbox Live is very high, but at least I admit I am speculating.

bread's done
Back