Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

4.2 million and 3 million are still the two best starts that any consoles have had, so it bodes well for both systems for the foreseeable future no matter who has the higher number. It's great for Sony, MS, and the consumers.

So how do you guys feel about Titanfall only being 6v6? I am a little surprised by that number and thought the player count would be higher. I'm still very excited for the game though and I hope there's a BETA for it in the near future.

So how do you guys feel about Titanfall only being 6v6? I am a little surprised by that number and thought the player count would be higher. I'm still very excited for the game though and I hope there's a BETA for it in the near future.
I think it will be fine, I don't see myself doing much more then 6v6 outside of the occasional big team battle in Halo 4. What I think Respawn should have done was made a larger player count on X1 vs the 360, give more incetive to buy a XB1 outside of prettier graphics and whatever feature the X1 will have over the 360 version.

As for the X1 vs PS4: As long as the games keep coming and my system is still working, all is good. I look forward to owning a PS4 someday when the bigger guns come out. Looking at the X1 line up for the rest of the year: Remedy's goodness, Titanfall, Halo 5, Sunset Overdrive and whatever other exclusive surprises come out I'm pretty set. I just worry about what comes after 2014 and that MS doesn't blow It's load in It's first year. So far the only title down the road is Fable Legends, and after the last few Fable games I've pretty much lost faith in Lionhead Studios.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear LEGO Marvel Super Heroes now has a demo. Of course, anyone who's played previous LEGO games has probably already picked the full game up... Fantastic game.

I hear LEGO Marvel Super Heroes now has a demo. Of course, anyone who's played previous LEGO games has probably already picked the full game up... Fantastic game.
Yeah it's a blast. So much fun cause the characters and what each can do is so cool. And I got it at $40 so it was a no-brainer.

I wish the voice actors of at least the avengers and spider-man were the movie actors. Oh well.

4.2 million and 3 million are still the two best starts that any consoles have had, so it bodes well for both systems for the foreseeable future no matter who has the higher number. It's great for Sony, MS, and the consumers.
Yep.

Both are going to do well. And all us gamer are going to win as we're going to have lots of great games to play regardless of which platform(s) we own.

Shame the Wii U is struggling so much. I love mine, and Nintendo games. Would be even better for gamers if they were more competitive in console sales. At least the 3DS is doing very well.

I honestly don't know why anyone cares about this. The console I buy sold more than yours? And Justin Beiber sold more records than my favorite band. Doesn't change he's the one who sucks.
Stealing this the next time some idiot claims a mass purchased thing is the sheit.

Wow, I would like to see the post that I made where I said the PS4 is way better than Xbox one or the one where I am bashing the Xbox one for selling 3 million. Really? Stop trying to make something out of nothing. I only brought up the 4.2 million because timbo made a remark on why he couldn't find PS4 instock and I was correcting DestroVega because he was failing at math.

My apologies to DestroVega if I offended, upset, or embarrassed him.

I was only combatting twisted math with different math. And then I was told that's not how you measure sales. I didn't care either way so need to apologize.

dove into to upload studio app tonight and man is that thing awsome. ms even has weekly show that shows off the best upload for week.i would trully suggest to check them out. i really think ms has something special in this record and make your own clips thing.

I have to say having both Xbox one and PS4 I am enjoying my One way more also this is without the Kinect on either. I read it takes forever to boot up (47 seconds) however mine boots in  >5. Have had no issue at all and it is way more quiet than my PS4. Only downside for me is the games look better (not significantly though) better on my PS4.

The length the system takes to turn on depends if you have power mode saving on or not. I rather take 47 seconds to load then download updates in the background and use more electricity, but that's just me. Though I will turn on instant on power mode for early updates via firmware if I hear about them, since last time they did the system update they did it for people with standby first.

I would bet no more than 5 to 10 dollar difference on your bill.
I'm not sure exactly how much, there was a article somewhere on the interwebs about it. Needless to say if it was $5 a month that just makes me feel better, would pay off for a new game a year if I was not a CAG and bought games at full price. Unless your internet is incredibly slow I don't see the point to have instant on considering the largest update I've seen for a game is just over a gig. But that's just me.

I'm already aware the XB1 costs more to run the 360 because my electric bill went up a few dollars when basically the 360 was hardly even used last month. So more power to those that want to wait for the cheaper price and a revised system.

Ubisoft doesn't own Tetris, they are just in an agreement to produce and make this game.
geez will you just put me on ignore already for crying out loud and stop responding to everything i say. it's obvous they don't own it just publish it which is their first game at doing that.

geez will you just put me on ignore already for crying out loud and stop responding to everything i say. it's obvous they don't own it just publish it which is their first game at doing that.
Im just correcting you. Since you said "now that they own the tetris name" which, well, they don't.

Please learn to choose your words more correctly in the future.

Also Timbo, you should learn not to say seen unless you precede it with the word "have" or "had." For example, no one should say "I seen something." The right way to say that would be "I have seen something" or "I saw something." (Yes, saw is a verb too!)

I-seen-him.png

Just played two matches of Titan fall on alps beta man is it fun. In having more fun as expected. I can see why it's six vs six with size of maps and the robots being auto pilot with out anyone in it makes it super fun and any more played on the maps would be bad.

[quote name="TimboSliceGB" post="11452605" timestamp="1389989614"]Just played two matches of Titan fall on alps beta man is it fun. In having more fun as expected. I can see why it's six vs six with size of maps and the robots being auto pilot with out anyone in it makes it super fun and any more played on the maps would be bad.[/quote]

The bots are on auto pilot?

This is not accurate. Bots ARE always in the game. If you took them out it would disrupt the flow of the game as they are used as a buffer to get your titan early. Ask away I'll tell whatever you want to know. I was in the alpha.

that is correct somepeople say they make you redownload the full game which includes dlc. but who knows why it's really that big seeing dlc is only like 3 hours long
It's worth noting it does include the full game, but it isn't actually 13GB in total. It raises your game data to around 24GB compared to what it should be without the update (Around 20 I think).

On a side note, I wish I had more room in my Bedroom. I keep trying out Xbox Fitness, and it seems like it could be fun and useful, I just don't have the space Kinect needs.

Awww man, the Alpha of Titanfall looks so sweet. I don't want to drop $499 right now, but come March... well, all signs are pointing to yes.

that is correct somepeople say they make you redownload the full game which includes dlc. but who knows why it's really that big seeing dlc is only like 3 hours long
It has all 4 dlcs included. Downloading the 20mb purchase of said dlc unlocks it.
Awww man, the Alpha of Titanfall looks so sweet. I don't want to drop $499 right now, but come March... well, all signs are pointing to yes.
Don't forget Destiny's beta is around the corner after Titanfall. That'll be another next gen must have.

Don't have a Xbox One, so just heard Dead Rising 3 got a 13gb patch? :shock:
Yes, and everything was runs smoother. It sucks for people with data caps/slow internet for sure, but it was worth the wait except one major downfall: Now the game seems to complete freeze for a split second every few minutes. Rather annoying, and I assume yet another patch will be coming to fix it. But the patch did fix a lot of things. Namingly the frame rate which seems to be a solid 30fps 90% of the time rather then say 70% of the time. It also fixed a lot of PP trial issues and glitches I had.

FYI the first Dead Rising 3 DLC is about 2 hours tops from what I read, and that's doing every single achievement. About 1hourish if you just do the story and nothing else. I'll definitely be waiting for the season pass to be half off/maybe bite when it hits 33% off.

Yes, and everything was runs smoother. It sucks for people with data caps/slow internet for sure, but it was worth the wait except one major downfall: Now the game seems to complete freeze for a split second every few minutes. Rather annoying, and I assume yet another patch will be coming to fix it. But the patch did fix a lot of things. Namingly the frame rate which seems to be a solid 30fps 90% of the time rather then say 70% of the time. It also fixed a lot of PP trial issues and glitches I had.

FYI the first Dead Rising 3 DLC is about 2 hours tops from what I read, and that's doing every single achievement. About 1hourish if you just do the story and nothing else. I'll definitely be waiting for the season pass to be half off/maybe bite when it hits 33% off.
Damn that's a shame. I don't think I'll get the Season Pass anymore if they are all going to be that short.

Maybe the credit I have will go to Titanfall's instead.

I don't get why you are forced to download and waste hard drive space on DLC that you don't have access too?
That's the consequence of having a system that was originally designed with digital-only in mind. The original assumption for the XBox One was that all games would be digital, period. They can probably change things up for future games so that all DLC won't be automatically downloaded for every game. But this close to launch its understandable that some of the first games would not be designed with that sort of thing in mind.

bread's done
Back