Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

My comment clearly stated you Xbox fanboys, which doesn't specifically mean you yourself, and you seem intelligent enough to know that so just like the majority of your post it was just verbal diarrhea.
Yes, please stick with invective and attempted personal insults.

Your lack of argumentation skills are so completely appalling, attempted insults are all you have.

Yes, please stick with invective and attempted personal insults.

Your lack of argumentation skills are so completely appalling, attempted insults are all you have.
Ah you responded before my edit, so sad. Care to elaborate on how I personally insulted you? I'm going to assume it's when I called you intelligent.

Last edited by a moderator:
The PSN hack sucked and it took Sony a ridiculous amount of time to fix things.

But Xbox Live got hacked too and tons of people lost money and had accounts locked and room months to resolve of they got migrated to other countries. I had a horrible three+ month ordeal with them (detailed in my blog posts here on CAG, even had a kotaku and consumerist write up about it as it took getting it in gaming press to get it resolved). I didn't have a Sony system during the PSN hack, so I avoided that.

Neither of these companies are anything but big, greedy corporations that care about little other than getting as much of our money as they can. Sony is just doing better at hiding that this gen and is more focused in a direction for gaming that matches my interests this time around, so they get my financial support this gen. MS could win me back later, but it would take a lot after my bad experience, the company focused on making one box to rule the tv stand, the DRM stuff they tried to pull, having little support from Japanese developers and forcing in Kinect. I also prefer not supporting American companies when I can avoid it.

This forum was going well until rippn decided to come out of wood work. Dude you were gone for awhile what made you come back? You got the urge to annoy people and argue about stupid things on xbox page?

Why do you have to post everytime timbo posts? Geez are you that infatuated with the dude? Everywhere he posts here comes deader to say something dumb. Some people need to get a life. If you want to talk about sales, take it to the gaming news forum.

"Want to discuss multiplatform games, industry news, or video games in general? This is the place for you."

Sure, we can talk Xbox 1 games.

What games are you looking forward to coming out? How is Kinect Sports Rivals. I have not heard much about this game and it only released like a week or 2 ago.

What games are you looking forward to coming out? How is Kinect Sports Rivals. I have not heard much about this game and it only released like a week or 2 ago.
I thought that Kinect Sports Rivals is okay. Not $60 okay. Maybe $15 okay. The Kinect motion works decent when one person is playing but it goes to hell when more people are playing with you. It is only fun in short amount and than it gets old fast. It felt like it took a step back from the first Kinect sports games.

Let's talk about the recent scientific study that concluded that internet trolls are sociopaths.

"Overall, the authors found that the relationship between sadism and trolling was the strongest, and that indeed, sadists appear to troll because they find it pleasurable. “Both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others,” they wrote. “Sadists just want to have fun ... and the Internet is their playground!”
Internet Trolls Really are Horrible People - Longer report

Internet trolls are sadists, study concludes - Shorter report

I thought you mind it interesting. The people who dedicate themselves to spoiling a console discussion thread, well, they're either sadists, sociopaths, or psycopaths. Those people should feel really good about themselves, right?

E3 can't come soon enough because I have no idea what to expect to spend on the fall/winter outside of Batman and Destiny. Maybe Evolve. Once dates get settled in I'll probably grab Halo 2 and Forza Horizon 2 if they end up being a reality. Oh, and Quantum Break.

Kinect Sports Rivals seems pretty meh from both user and critic reviews.

I have The Evil Within pre-ordered despite the meh previews from The Penny Arcade Expo.

Watch Dogs, Wolfenstein and Soul Suspect are all on my watch list prior of August.

I am going to either torture myself with NBA Live or Fighter Within as my game crap experience of the year. Most likely Fighter Within.

Yeah as a whole there isn't a lot announced for any console for summer on. Would be nice to get some actual dates on games. Its odd that we have heard nothing at all about Project Sparks, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive. Makes me think these wont be out this year.

We'll probably hear more about them at E3 but from the Xbox One insider leaks Quantum Break is suppose to be out in Holiday 2014 and Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014. There's also suppose to be a White Xbox One console bundled with Sunset Overdrive. I am hype for Quantum Break though! It's probably my most hyped game out of all the three next gen console games coming out this year.

Yeah as a whole there isn't a lot announced for any console for summer on. Would be nice to get some actual dates on games. Its odd that we have heard nothing at all about Project Sparks, Quantum Break and Sunset Overdrive. Makes me think these wont be out this year.
project sparks is in beta but who knows when we get full version. i have enjoyed the beta little i played of it.

We'll probably hear more about them at E3 but from the Xbox One insider leaks Quantum Break is suppose to be out in Holiday 2014 and Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014. There's also suppose to be a White Xbox One console bundled with Sunset Overdrive. I am hype for Quantum Break though! It's probably my most hyped game out of all the three next gen console games coming out this year.
if quantum break and sunset comes out this fall and x1 ges price drop at e3 announced things get very interesting. Don't forget the rumored halo 2 hd remake and im sure even more info on halo 5. This has to be ms biggest e3 in recent memory and i hope it happens.

its only really indie games that have been ported. You seem like you're trying to make something out of nothing.
Not really. Rippn wanted to know what made the Xbox One library better than the PS4 so I told him, Xbox has mostly new games and the PS4 has mostly ports. That was my point.

Not really. Rippn wanted to know what made the Xbox One library better than the PS4 so I told him, Xbox has mostly new games and the PS4 has mostly ports. That was my point.
You can't call Titanfall a "new game" and disregard something like FF XIV RR as a "port" when both games are on the same number of systems.

Yeah I guess X1 has "tons" of new games. Gems like Fighter Within, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse, Zumba Fitness World Party etc. So you say "new games" and I say "high tec shovelware.

gT5kpTb.png

Xbox fans that keep saying they have more AAA games aren't going to have that argument much longer.  There isn't even another AAA exclusive for the Xbox One with a release date.  Also this chart doesn't show the summer PS4 AAA exclusives nor does it show May's indie games for the PS4.

gT5kpTb.png

Xbox fans that keep saying they have more AAA games aren't going to have that argument much longer. There isn't even another AAA exclusive for the Xbox One with a release date. Also this chart doesn't show the summer PS4 AAA exclusives nor does it show May's indie games for the PS4.
both systems have lame lack of release dates for games. i understand they are games but why are ps4 pepole so up about indie games? indie devs can make great games but nothing most people would spend more then couple hours playing. People on both sides just need to stop comparing games both systems game list is low.

i think going into e3 xbox one has more games people are looking for more info on and release dates then ps4. You know sony has stuff they are going to announce but ms had so many at last year e3 that looked great but not much info on.

The best games this fall might end up being games on both systems like batman/ next gen only version of assassin's creed.

You can't call Titanfall a "new game" and disregard something like FF XIV RR as a "port" when both games are on the same number of systems.

Yeah I guess X1 has "tons" of new games. Gems like Fighter Within, Zoo Tycoon, Ryse, Zumba Fitness World Party etc. So you say "new games" and I say "high tec shovelware.
I never even mentioned FF XIV RR in any of my posts but it is technically a port since it came out on other platforms well before PS4. Titanfall is a new game, it released first on both Xbox One/PC at the same time. Do you not understand what a port is? It has nothing to do with how many consoles it comes out on.

Your opinions of these game is irrelevant so not even sure why you even bothered with that last comment. Do you even own an Xbox One?

ps4 sales will sooner or later flat out a bit. like i said before but people say it's false is that thanks to the shortage ps4 had until like march the people that could not find one are now finding them and buying them so the launch demand is still there. if it's true that sunset drive and quntom break and halo 2 is out this fall it could b ebig fall for xbox one even more so if they reduce the price to 400 bucks.

ps4 sales will sooner or later flat out a bit. like i said before but people say it's false is that thanks to the shortage ps4 had until like march the people that could not find one are now finding them and buying them so the launch demand is still there. if it's true that sunset drive and quntom break and halo 2 is out this fall it could b ebig fall for xbox one even more so if they reduce the price to 400 bucks.
You're crazy if you think Halo 2 is going to push console sales. It will pop 50k from Halo 2, maybe 100k if MS is lucky. That's from the numbers during the pre-titanfall months, not from March's numbers. None of these games will do anything but help slow down the lead that the PS4 has, none of them will help overcome it. They need a NEW Halo and a NEW Gears game with massive advertising like they had for Gears 1 which I remember seeing ads for on TV and even before movies in the theaters.

Also, $450 with Kinect, $350 without Kinect *official* price drop that can actually be advertised. At this point they need to underprice the PS4. Do that and things will change. Don't do that and it's the status quo. I said that a couple of months ago and it's still true.

You're crazy if you think Halo 2 is going to push console sales. It will pop 50k from Halo 2, maybe 100k if MS is lucky. That's from the numbers during the pre-titanfall months, not from March's numbers. None of these games will do anything but help slow down the lead that the PS4 has, none of them will help overcome it. They need a NEW Halo and a NEW Gears game with massive advertising like they had for Gears 1 which I remember seeing ads for on TV and even before movies in the theaters.

Also, $450 with Kinect, $350 without Kinect *official* price drop that can actually be advertised. At this point they need to underprice the PS4. Do that and things will change. Don't do that and it's the status quo.
Agreed. Although, I think people are overreacting to the sales figures. IMO, both consoles are selling incredibly well especially when compared to their predecessors. I for one would have never guessed that they would be selling anywhere near as well as they are. They also got incredibly lucky by having NIntendo no show this generation. Sony has an absolute juggernaut on their hands. The trick now is not to fuck it up.

Agreed. Although, I think people are overreacting to the sales figures. IMO, both consoles are selling incredibly well especially when compared to their predecessors. I for one would have never guessed that they would be selling anywhere near as well as they are. They also got incredibly lucky by having NIntendo no show this generation. Sony has an absolute juggernaut on their hands. The trick now is not to fuck it up.
Agreed. With Wii U and Vita sales being so bad, and 3DS doing well but far behind DS or GBA, I was concerned that the gaming market was shrinking again.

That was definitely misguided. The Wii U is just a bad console, and Nintendo games just don't appeal to many outside of kids and their niche of diehard fans as people want to play shooters, sports games, racers, GTA/AC type games and WRPGs primarily these days. Not platformers and other games with cartoon graphics. The Vita doesn't sell as there just isn't a huge market for a portable aimed at adults as most just want to game on their big screens or PCs and just dick around on their phones/tablets when out and about. 3DS still sells well to kids/parents, but that market is down some as so many are just playing Minecraft and what not on cheap tablets, handed down smartphones etc.

So I'm happy that both the PS4 and X1 are selling well and showing that there is still a big market of core gamers who want to play traditional games, with traditional controls on the big screen. Yes, I'm happy Sony is doing a bit better as I like their direction more, want to see more AAA Japanese games etc. But I'm happy MS is doing well too as it's better for us gamers having at least two strong contenders in the market. And it's nice having Nintendo around too doing something different for people into what they do and less so what Sony and MS focus on.

Agreed. With Wii U and Vita sales being so bad, and 3DS doing well but far behind DS or GBA, I was concerned that the gaming market was shrinking again.

That was definitely misguided. The Wii U is just a bad console, and Nintendo games just don't appeal to many outside of kids and their niche of diehard fans as people want to play shooters, sports games, racers, GTA/AC type games and WRPGs primarily these days. Not platformers and other games with cartoon graphics. The Vita doesn't sell as there just isn't a huge market for a portable aimed at adults as most just want to game on their big screens or PCs and just dick around on their phones/tablets when out and about. 3DS still sells well to kids/parents, but that market is down some as so many are just playing Minecraft and what not on cheap tablets, handed down smartphones etc.

So I'm happy that both the PS4 and X1 are selling well and showing that there is still a big market of core gamers who want to play traditional games, with traditional controls on the big screen. Yes, I'm happy Sony is doing a bit better as I like their direction more, want to see more AAA Japanese games etc. But I'm happy MS is doing well too as it's better for us gamers having at least two strong contenders in the market. And it's nice having Nintendo around too doing something different for people into what they do and less so what Sony and MS focus on.
You and me both. The only market that looks to be shrinking is Japan. I think they have moved on to mobile gaming at this point but it looks like Europe offset some of the lost sales as will hopefully China/India.

one way to put this microsoft being behind like they are only helps us gamers. Lets let the people that make the big bucks at microsoft and sony worry about sale numbers and lets just worry about the great games we will get this gen of systems. I will be honest enough is enough with this sale number stuff. 

Yay, charts and sales graphs, and the whole PS4 game library list too. This thread keeps getting better!
If everyone who actually wants to talk about the Xbox One would just report the 4-5 Playstation guys who are here to bring it down, the mods would eventually clean the thread up. I'm afraid the trolls may have succeeded in scaring off most of the legitimate users though.

If everyone who actually wants to talk about the Xbox One would just report the 4-5 Playstation guys who are here to bring it down, the mods would eventually clean the thread up. I'm afraid the trolls may have succeeded in scaring off most of the legitimate users though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqrKHCheHxw

Is it bad that we want a normal thread and not have to read about sale numbers for the 5th day in a row? Dude you destroid this thread so why don't you go back under the rock you were under for awhile.

Xbox fans that keep saying they have more AAA games aren't going to have that argument much longer. There isn't even another AAA exclusive for the Xbox One with a release date. Also this chart doesn't show the summer PS4 AAA exclusives nor does it show May's indie games for the PS4.
I love charts and graphs. Thanks. Still undecided about XB1 vs PS4 so I appreciate these. That said, there still aren't any killer next-gen games that really tempted me yet. Until one shows up, I'm going to keep waiting on the sidelines.

[quote name="Central Scrutinizer" post="11706438" timestamp="1398177575"]You can't have a proper e-peen measuring contest without graphs and charts![/quote]mine looks like a sine graph. Ladies love it.

Compared to sports especially the NFL and their fans, the console war e-peen measuring, as he calls it, is miniscule and the fact that he has chosen the champs to represent his identity especially on a non sports focused website speaks volumes.  Sure it's a reach, but so is saying the same thing about comparing sales and exclusives for these particular consoles.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="11707688" timestamp="1398206295"]Compared to sports especially the NFL and their fans, the console war e-peen measuring, as he calls it, is miniscule and the fact that he has chosen the champs to represent his identity especially on a non sports focused website speaks volumes. Sure it's a reach, but so is saying the same thing about comparing sales and exclusives for these particular consoles.[/quote]I was hoping not acknowledging you would make you just drop it, but you are reaching so deep with this defense I'd be surprised if your fingers aren't grazing your tonsils.

I was hoping not acknowledging you would make you just drop it, but you are reaching so deep with this defense I'd be surprised if your fingers aren't grazing your tonsils.
It's not as big a reach as you're making it to be, the console war and fans of a particular console have often been compared to fans of a sports team and the hatred for their rivalry. Also look at his avatar picture, it's not just a Seahawk in there, it's also a picture of them stuffing their biggest rivalry in the 49ers. Mr.Central Scrutinizer avatar picture is no better than the talk about the rivalry between Microsoft and Sony yet he acts like he is above it all.

[quote name="RiPPn" post="11707883" timestamp="1398211123"]It's not as big a reach as you're making it to be, the console war and fans of a particular console have often been compared to fans of a sports team and the hatred for their rivalry. The reach is where either of things have anything to do with penis size which was not me who initially brought it up.[/quote] someday you will learn the difference between figurative and literal speech.

Edit: oh, looks like you did. Nice use of the edit button. :)

Compared to sports especially the NFL and their fans, the console war e-peen measuring, as he calls it, is miniscule and the fact that he has chosen the champs to represent his identity especially on a non sports focused website speaks volumes. Sure it's a reach, but so is saying the same thing about comparing sales and exclusives for these particular consoles.
how the heck does it show the type of person he is by what he uses for a user photo on a website. Still puzzled what being a nfl fan/seattle fan has anything to do what he thinks.

dude go look at the madden pages on here under xbox and you wil see tons of football images on a video game website.

Not sure what having sport photo had anything to do with what he said.
It's called a "red herring". It's a fallacious form of argumentation where someone changes the subject to something irrelevant in order to try to win a point.

Go back a few pages, and you'll see him try the "straw man" argument. That's where you link your opponent to a group they aren't really aligned with in order to try and make them look bad.

If this keeps up, we could have an entire community college course in poor argumentation techniques right here in this thread, completely free of cost to anyone who happens by.

It's called a "red herring". It's a fallacious form of argumentation where someone changes the subject to something irrelevant in order to try to win a point.

Go back a few pages, and you'll see him try the "straw man" argument. That's where you link your opponent to a group they aren't really aligned with in order to try and make them look bad.

If this keeps up, we could have an entire community college course in poor argumentation techniques right here in this thread, completely free of cost to anyone who happens by.
You were bringing up the Sony hack as a way to invalidate any argument for the PS4 and it's exclusive specifically Dead Nation. I provided a link to a recent Xbox hack showing that it's not just PlayStation that suffers these vulnerabilities. It wasn't a red herring or a straw man argument. I believe you like to throw these terms around to sound more educated than you are, then you can call someones argument community college level, and someone of a lower education level will think the things you are saying have some level of validity to them.

You were bringing up the Sony hack as a way to invalidate any argument for the PS4 and it's exclusive specifically Dead Nation. I provided a link to a recent Xbox hack showing that it's not just PlayStation that suffers these vulnerabilities. It wasn't a red herring or a straw man argument. I believe you like to throw these terms around to sound more educated than you are, then you can call someones argument community college level, and someone of Timbos education level will think the things you are saying have some level of validity to them.
Straw man argument was when you lumped me in with, what was the phrase, "Xbox fanboys talking smack about multiplat sales last generation"? Words to that effect.

Try to keep up.

You were bringing up the Sony hack as a way to invalidate any argument for the PS4 and it's exclusive specifically Dead Nation. I provided a link to a recent Xbox hack showing that it's not just PlayStation that suffers these vulnerabilities. It wasn't a red herring or a straw man argument. I believe you like to throw these terms around to sound more educated than you are, then you can call someones argument community college level, and someone of Timbos education level will think the things you are saying have some level of validity to them.
why bring me into this lol continue making your self look worse. You still never answer my question what made you come out of the wood work. you have been causing drama since you came back last week it's getting old plz go back under the rock you came from.

Straw man argument was when you lumped me in with, what was the phrase, "Xbox fanboys talking smack about multiplat sales last generation"? Words to that effect.

Try to keep up.
Let's see you're an Xbox fan, in an xbox forum topic, bringing up the Sony hack which xbox fanboys do, it was an easy assumption to make and I hardly would say I used it to win the argument with you. And my point above was to dispute your claim that I used a red herring, if anyone is guilty of that it's you when you brought up handhelds.

bread's done
Back