Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

Yup you can import a cloud save from the 360, one from each campaign. Achievements related to the story weren't retroactive though. Looks like I'll have to start a new game anyways.

Yup you can import a cloud save from the 360, one from each campaign. Achievements related to the story weren't retroactive though. Looks like I'll have to start a new game anyways.
Might be a dumb question, but do you have to complete the main game before you can start Lifeline? Or can I jump right to it?

What are some good recommendations for a new XB1 owner who can't stand Halo or really anything in that genre? I took advantage of the BB deal last week to prepare for Arkham Knight but definitely wanting to keep my eyes open for other deals in the meantime if you guys have any suggestions for all-around great games.

What are some good recommendations for a new XB1 owner who can't stand Halo or really anything in that genre? I took advantage of the BB deal last week to prepare for Arkham Knight but definitely wanting to keep my eyes open for other deals in the meantime if you guys have any suggestions for all-around great games.
DRAGON AGE Inquisition! lol but yeah it's good
Forza Horizon 2
Sunset Overdrive
Battlefield 4
Titanfall
Killer Instinct
Borderlands: Handsome Collection
Plants vs Zombies
Should get you started.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought an xbox one.
Looking to see if anyone knows of good deals on:
GTA V, RYSE, BF4, and DR3?
Ryse, BF4, and DR3 can all be got for around $20ish but I've yet to see current gen GTA go on sale. You might want to consider EA Access. For $30 per year, you'll get 10 titles today and they add a new title every month or two. BF4 is included in EA Access so you'll get that plus the other titles. People might argue that you don't "own" the titles. But seriously after spending a year with Battlefield 4, are you going to be playing it for longer than that? You will also receive early access to games like Battlefront, Mirrors Edge, and all EA Sports games that are released. Also if I had to guess, I'd say Battlefield Hardline will be a EA Access title before the Fall games are released.

Current games available through EA Access:

Battlefield 4
Madden 25
Madden 15
FIFA 14
NHL 15
NBA Live 15
Need for Speed Rivals?
Peggle 2
Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare
EA Sports UFC

Retailer leaks Far Cry 4 Complete Edition

Update

Ubisoft has just announced that the Complete Edition of Far Cry 4 will launch on June 19. The press release only mentions PlayStation 4 and PC versions of the collection, so we've contacted Ubisoft to clarify the situation regarding Xbox One and will update you here as and when we know more.

Update 2

Ubisoft got back in touch, confirming that they have no plans to launch the Complete Edition of Far Cry 4 on Xbox One.

"The Far Cry 4 Complete Edition will be released on June 19, 2015 on Playstation4 and PC only in EMEA territories. We have no plans to release it on Xbox One," a company spokesperson told us.

Retailer leaks Far Cry 4 Complete Edition

Update

Ubisoft has just announced that the Complete Edition of Far Cry 4 will launch on June 19. The press release only mentions PlayStation 4 and PC versions of the collection, so we've contacted Ubisoft to clarify the situation regarding Xbox One and will update you here as and when we know more.

Update 2

Ubisoft got back in touch, confirming that they have no plans to launch the Complete Edition of Far Cry 4 on Xbox One.

"The Far Cry 4 Complete Edition will be released on June 19, 2015 on Playstation4 and PC only in EMEA territories. We have no plans to release it on Xbox One," a company spokesperson told us.
Thats.... odd.

Far Cry 4 complete isnt coming to Xbox One apparently so you're good there.
Speaking of FarCry 4. How's the season pass, I hear the Yeti DLC is pretty good, but I wondered how the rest of it is. I thought about getting the season pass while it was on sale.

Who has 2 thumbs and a PC running Windows 8.1 Pro that doesn't support the Xbox One Wireless Display app?  This guy. Unbelievable

I'm really trying to decide if I'm going to buy The Witcher 3 on PC or Xbox One. 

On Xbox I get achievements and the collectors edition, but on PC I get 1440p and 60+ FPS.

Xbox One outsold PS4 in April according to NPD. Seems surprising, PS4 is coming off of the success of Bloodbourne and I can't think of any recent Xbone exclusives that would have caused a big surge in console sales. Goat Simulator putting in work I guess? :lol:
It's good news, but even the mention will cause the stealth trolls to come out, discredit the success, and engage in an extended and pointless debate.

Xbox One outsold PS4 in April according to NPD. Seems surprising, PS4 is coming off of the success of Bloodbourne and I can't think of any recent Xbone exclusives that would have caused a big surge in console sales. Goat Simulator putting in work I guess? :lol:
State of Decay is THE console seller. fuck Halo, fuck Gears of War, fuck Minecraft, Microsoft should just invest everything into State of Decay 2.

I think I might pick up Witcher on PC though. I'll get better visuals and I won't feel obliged to buy the Collectors Edition that I probably won't care about in six months, and I won't have to stop by Best Buy on the way home Tuesday.

I really hope I'll be able to buy games on Windows 10 directly from some type of Xbox Store or something that will play into the cross buy with Xbox One that Microsoft has been talking about and will also hopefully allow me to get Xbox achievements on PC.

Xbox E3 2015 Briefing will take place Monday, June 15, beginning at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT.

I am hoping for Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic I & II HD announcement.

I just started back into Fallout 3, initially stopped after getting caught in an aggravating death loop, with all the talk about Fallout 4. Gonna want me some Xbox One Fallout come fall, hopefully!

I'll pay $60 for just the first one.

The 2nd was a cash grab.
Not quite. The second one could have been leaps and bounds better than the first, and in some ways it was. Where the second one failed was LucasArts forcing it to be rushed out for a holiday release and the game wasn't even finished. I actually enjoyed the second one more than the first, aside from how it all fell apart in by the end.

Here is a pretty decent list of content that is in the game files, but was cut from the final release: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Cut_content_from_Star_Wars:_Knights_of_the_Old_Republic_II:_The_Sith_Lords

Now, if they do a remaster and actually include everything that was meant to be, including proper multiple endings, I'm in.

Xbox E3 2015 Briefing will take place Monday, June 15, beginning at 12:30p ET/9:30a PT.

I am hoping for Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic I & II HD announcement.
Same time as usual though E3 seems a week later than usual.. should be fun to watch to see how Microsoft is going to attempt to get back in the race.

Is a Kotor HD remaster even rumoured or is this just a long shot hope..? I wouldn't mind it happening since I missed them back on the OG Xbox which I still have in a closet, could probably get the games for pennies but would love it them updated with HD and trophies.

As for Xbox winning NPD, isn't it funny that sales numbers all of a sudden matter to the Xbox crowd again..? lol but congrats to Microsoft nonetheless. Also nice bait attempt eastx.. err not really, you probably should go back to self promoting your youtube and twitch videos that no one cares about..

Well, EA owns Bioware and I think EA got the rights to make all star wars games so....
KOTOR isn't canon anymore, so Disney might not be interested in pushing more non-canon stuff that much. Then again, they released a mobile version on Android and they've recently released PS2/PS1 games on PSN, so it could happen, but I'd expect it to not be Xbox One-exclusive and on everything (Steam/PS4/Xbox One) but Nintendo.

Yeah Microsoft is fine. The Xbox one is doing great. Just stay the course and keep doing what they are doing and they will come out on top.

HOW MUCH WAS THE SALES GAP?

RIPPIN KNOWS WE CARE IF WE WIN. THIS IS CNN BREAKING NEWS WORTHY.
Last I checked I wasn't the one who announced the NPD victory, it was your boy eastx and since he's as close to a Microsoft shill as you can get on these forums and he cares I assume that means you all care..?

Ha, you're hilarious. Now if you had said Nintendo then you'd have a valid statement.
It's cute you think there is still a competition, I mean if you are talking US then sure, but rest of world it's over, Microsoft losing marketing deals they've had forever like cod and even new ones like Assassins Creed. Not getting things like the Far Cry complete edition or Tropico 5 to not getting remasters like Risen 3 and this is only barely the second year. But again let's see what E3 brings, because you never know..

Any solutions to an install that's running at a trickle pace? Had to uninstall Hardline because some update was taking forever (hours) to apply so I decided to just uninstall the game and redo it. I even signed out to see if that would speed things up, but nothing yet.

Reports are about 12k different, Xbox 187k, PS4 174k
Thanks. It is a small margin, but a win is a win.

Didn't know April would be a slow month with MKX but all we can do is wait and see if it carries over in May, maybe TW3 helps.

Last I checked I wasn't the one who announced the NPD victory, it was your boy eastx and since he's as close to a Microsoft shill as you can get on these forums and he cares I assume that means you all care..?

It's cute you think there is still a competition, I mean if you are talking US then sure, but rest of world it's over, Microsoft losing marketing deals they've had forever like cod and even new ones like Assassins Creed. Not getting things like the Far Cry complete edition or Tropico 5 to not getting remasters like Risen 3 and this is only barely the second year. But again let's see what E3 brings, because you never know..
Yeah, EastX didn't announce it either. He did successfully bait you and Deader into some rather salty comments. Maybe you more so than Deader because he was trying to keep the peace.

I'm pretty sure MS still has COD unless I'm unaware of something. AC has pretty much switched almost every game I believe as well, they've never really be MS or Sony loyal. Bragging about FC4 complete when they had a marketing deal is kind of silly because Xbox owners aren't missing out on anything and be honest with yourself and tell me who cares about Tropico 5 or Risen 3? As far as lifetime sales...

anything-is-possible.gif

Any solutions to an install that's running at a trickle pace? Had to uninstall Hardline because some update was taking forever (hours) to apply so I decided to just uninstall the game and redo it. I even signed out to see if that would speed things up, but nothing yet.
Not that I'm ignoring you, but I have no answer to this. Only guess would be to restart your router but I'm sure you already done this.

bread's done
Back