Xbox One - General Discussion Thread

[quote name="Bleedingwickedly" post="12772873" timestamp="1435452326"]It makes sense those codes wouldn't work, if they did people would enter a code everytime new free games become available. How is that contradicting myself?

I haves tons of trial codes.(they use to come with most games). I don't need/use them(I've been on Live since xbox360 released and I'm current paid up to 2019).[/quote]
I'm annoyed that they won't work for cloud saves on the 360. Wife and I share gold on the One, but I can't move her saves on 360 for a BC testing because trials not sharing works there. Dumb.

So I got my 1TB bundle on Thursday, but didn't have a chance to hook it up, & try it until yesterday. Here are my initial thoughts.

I've never seen, or used the original model in person, but I feel the matte design is a much smarter choice. It reduced scratches, & fingerprints. Holding it in my hand, it feels lighter than the 360. I love how you don't even have to actually touch the Xbox button on the console, you just have to get your finger near enough, & it'll turn on. The sound it makes when it turns on sounds like the when you get a 1UP in Super Mario World. The console is much quieter then the 360.

The controller upon holding it in my hands, it feels much better than the 360 controller. From the design, to the joysticks, to the d-pad (much better), it feels/looks like they fixed what wasn't good about the 360 controller. The time it takes for the controller to turn on has shorten, which is a big plus.

The OS has a tiny bit of lag. Like about a 1/2-1/3 of a second, maybe less from when you press a button/move a joystick. I expect this to improve when they roll out the new OS later this year. I really dig the feature of going back to the dashboard, without quitting the game/app.

First game I played was Arhkam Knight, & I'm liking it so far. 1TB is a nice start, but at some point, I'll probably need to get an external. The game install sizes are big.

Today, I tested the WWE Network, Netflix (just launched & browsed), & the FXNow app. App achievements are nice. The app/game launch time is much faster. The WWE Network app a huge improvement from the 360 app. I didn't like the 360 app at all. It was slow. I hope the FXNow app gets the option of watching The Simpsons in its OAR.

Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, even if I had to pay $412.69. Lol! Hope the 360 BC grows to support many titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
tumblr_ng1g5eXjQ01s2wio8o1_500.gif

Ha ha! Finally I'm in the current gen. Interesting trivia, at least to me, but the Xbox One is the 2nd time in a row, that I chose a MS console first, out of 3 platforms. Thanks to Rare Replay for getting me interested. This time around, I want to try some different types of games I didn't play last time around, or play as much. The Forza games are on my radar. I downloaded the demo for FH2. Maybe check out Skyrim, once the 360 BC is up, & running. Also Sunset Overdrive, Ori & the Blind Forrest, both Wolfenstein games, & Titanfall are also on my radar. I already have Witcher 3. This list doesn't include anything that isn't out yet, like ReCore, or Cuphead.

Pretty sad to see that my Note 4 won't be fitting into my Pip-Boy this Fall. I'm really hoping that my HTC One (cracked screen and all) will fit into the Pip-Boy. I think the crack the screen will add some authenticity to my Fallout 4 experience.  

Wolfenstien is such a great game. You will like it a lot.
Seen a few lists of the best makes on Xbox One, & I've seen that game pop up, along with the other games I mentioned. Hope it goes down $9.99. Cheapest I've seen it is $11.98 at Target, I don't think any Target has copies left. Battlefield I've seen mentioned, but I'm iffy on that one. I've gotten away from a lot of FPS, because there's just so many nowadays. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's on sale. There's always EA Access.

A game I definitely have my eye on, is Killer Instinct, mainly for the KI1 & 2 arcade port. I'm waiting for a complete package with season 3.

I played the Forza Horizon 2 demo last night. Mario Kart is it not. Lol! Crashed a lot, & at times lost control especially when I turned. I'll keep it for now, & try again. Avoided racing games, because I felt I'm not any good at them, but I thinking of giving it a real try.

Seen a few lists of the best makes on Xbox One, & I've seen that game pop up, along with the other games I mentioned. Hope it goes down $9.99. Cheapest I've seen it is $11.98 at Target, I don't think any Target has copies left. Battlefield I've seen mentioned, but I'm iffy on that one. I've gotten away from a lot of FPS, because there's just so many nowadays. Maybe I'll pick it up when it's on sale. There's always EA Access.

A game I definitely have my eye on, is Killer Instinct, mainly for the KI1 & 2 arcade port. I'm waiting for a complete package with season 3.

I played the Forza Horizon 2 demo last night. Mario Kart is it not. Lol! Crashed a lot, & at times lost control especially when I turned. I'll keep it for now, & try again. Avoided racing games, because I felt I'm not any good at them, but I thinking of giving it a real try.
You should consider getting State of Decay, if you haven't played it on 360.

Now that Rare collection, :drool:
Yeah, I'm a collector, so I'm getting the XBox One eventually. With some of the recent deals for the system they've been putting out recently, it's only a matter of time. And yeah, that Rare collection. I've always been an enthusiastic classic gamer, and have always enjoyed a lot of the compilations of older titles. Rare has a long and lustrous legacy in game development, and that Rare collection they announced is definitely doing it for me. If it's half as good as they're claiming, it will be a big incentive for me to pull the trigger on one of these XBox One deals.

Waiting for Black Friday would be the smart thing to do. We'll see how things shape up closer to the holiday season.

You should consider getting State of Decay, if you haven't played it on 360.
No I never played it. I'll keep it in mind.

Yeah, I'm a collector, so I'm getting the XBox One eventually. With some of the recent deals for the system they've been putting out recently, it's only a matter of time. And yeah, that Rare collection. I've always been an enthusiastic classic gamer, and have always enjoyed a lot of the compilations of older titles. Rare has a long and lustrous legacy in game development, and that Rare collection they announced is definitely doing it for me. If it's half as good as they're claiming, it will be a big incentive for me to pull the trigger on one of these XBox One deals.

Waiting for Black Friday would be the smart thing to do. We'll see how things shape up closer to the holiday season.
At this point, I'd say wait. I went back & forth for at least 12 hours, on whether to buy it now, or wait. Rare Replay was one of the factors in my decision. I lucked out, by getting Halo: MCC + Arkham Knight + Witcher 3, instead of AC:U. Plus, this leaves the opinion of getting a PS4 if I want. They'll be deals come BF. MS wants sell these as much as possible. I still kind of wish I waited, but I'm enjoying my purchase. A big improvement over the 360.

So I ran into my first error, albeit a small one. I was playing Arkham Knight, when I decided to take a break to eat dinner. I didn't quit the game, instead went back to the dashboard, & launched FXNow for an hour. When I went back into the game, it says to connect the controller, yet it was on. I turn it off, then turn it back on, but it wouldn't recognize the controller. Quit the game, booted it back up. I assumed you can leave the game launched, & go to another app. Either this was isolated, or it's not a good idea to run a game + video app for an hour, or more

[quote name="CMoney™" post="12775797" timestamp="1435621834"]No I never played it. I'll keep it in mind.

At this point, I'd say wait. I went back & forth for at least 12 hours, on whether to buy it now, or wait. Rare Replay was one of the factors in my decision. I lucked out, by getting Halo: MCC + Arkham Knight + Witcher 3, instead of AC:U. Plus, this leaves the opinion of getting a PS4 if I want. They'll be deals come BF. MS wants sell these as much as possible. I still kind of wish I waited, but I'm enjoying my purchase. A big improvement over the 360.

So I ran into my first error, albeit a small one. I was playing Arkham Knight, when I decided to take a break to eat dinner. I didn't quit the game, instead went back to the dashboard, & launched FXNow for an hour. When I went back into the game, it says to connect the controller, yet it was on. I turn it off, then turn it back on, but it wouldn't recognize the controller. Quit the game, booted it back up. I assumed you can leave the game launched, & go to another app. Either this was isolated, or it's not a good idea to run a game + video app for an hour, or more[/quote]
You can. It was probably a bug with Batman. I have personally left the game idles several times and when I return it says "you have been idle for 1 hour." I haven't seen other games do this personally.

Certain games are bad for this.  Case in point, Dragon Age.  It'll run your "playtime" clock the entire time you're "in the game" even though you're not playing.  That's the only real downfall in my opinion.  It just can't tell the difference between "active play" and "idle play".

Certain games are bad for this. Case in point, Dragon Age. It'll run your "playtime" clock the entire time you're "in the game" even though you're not playing. That's the only real downfall in my opinion. It just can't tell the difference between "active play" and "idle play".
I was "gifted" 50 extra hours on my current DA: I playthrough on XB1, though it only happened once. The other times I idled the game to let War Table missions complete, the game didn't add onto my gameplay clock.

It did sort of screw me in another part of the game, where there's a counter inside of the game that decrements when you're in one part of an in-game area and it increments/doesn't decrement when you're in another part of the in-game area. I played it Saturday evening and closed it down, though when I came back to it last evening, that in-game counter decremented quite a bit in the near 48 hours from when I put down the game. In-game clock had not increased in playtime between Saturday evening and last evening. I'm trying to do the same thing in reverse and see if that fixes it. I wouldn't care, except it's tied to an achievement unlocking and I'd prefer not to redo a few hours of gameplay for an achievement.

Yeah, I figured it was something specific with Batman. It was a mild inconvenience, fixed by rebooting the game. Thankfully it had saved before I paused it.

Another Xbox One bundle, this one has Madden, 1TB HDD and 1 year of EA Access included for $399.http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/20/new-xbox-one-madden-nfl-16-bundle-includes-a-year-of-ea-access.aspx
That Madden bundle actually seems pretty good. If I was interested and didn't have a launch console, this might be enough to push me over.

While I normally don't talk about sale numbers. If Microsoft stays aggressive with Bundles similar to this, they will really narrow the sales gap this fall/holiday. I didn't see a Madden bundle coming and they are going to have more Bundles then ever this year.

Madden
Forza
Halo
Tomb Raider?

Maybe they won't have a Tomb Raider bundle after all? And speaking of Tomb Raider, I'm really surprised they are releasing it the same day as Fallout.

While I normally don't talk about sale numbers. If Microsoft stays aggressive with Bundles similar to this, they will really narrow the sales gap this fall/holiday. I didn't see a Madden bundle coming and they are going to have more Bundles then ever this year.
Hey, it worked for me a few weeks ago. Industries are only as strong as the companies involved. The more stronger companies operate, the better the overall industry is. I look at potentially increase sales of Xbox One consoles as nothing, but a positive for the industry.

Can you pre order games digitally on Xbone? I was thinking of pre ordering Gears of war ultimate edition, but wondered if i can download before release so i can have it fully downloaded when it actually comes out.

Can you pre order games digitally on Xbone? I was thinking of pre ordering Gears of war ultimate edition, but wondered if i can download before release so i can have it fully downloaded when it actually comes out.
You can, just look for it in the store and buy. Once you have it will download but won't unlock till release date.

Does anyone know the quickest way of transferring Xbox One data from one HDD to another HDD? My current one is almost out of space and I'd like all the data to be on one larger drive. I was looking through the system settings and it seems I'm only able to move data one game title at a time and that'd take me forever. Thanks!

Saw this option. Anyone have experience with this? 

Another Xbox One bundle, this one has Madden, 1TB HDD and 1 year of EA Access included for $399.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/07/20/new-xbox-one-madden-nfl-16-bundle-includes-a-year-of-ea-access.aspx
If the Forza console/controller didn't look so sweet, I'd be getting this. Pretty sure I'll just hold off to grab that Forza console though to upgrade to the 1TB.

A full year of EA access is pretty decent though. I spent $5 for it this month to play Rory early and to get a little Madden/NHL fix in. Definitely worth it. If someone doesn't have an Xbox One yet, and is looking at Madden anyway - grab this console.

Gears of War UE has gone gold. You can pre order and pre download it now. $40 version comes with adam fenix, civilian anya, and emultion gun skin pack. There is also a $60 version that comes with the stuff i just mentioned, plus civilian marcus fenix, aaron griffin, 36 static gun skins, and 10 animated gun skins.

Im probably just going to go with the $40 version. Im just guessing but i bet they will have gun skins, possibly even character skins for purchase individually. They would be stupid not to.

Gears of War UE has gone gold. You can pre order and pre download it now. $40 version comes with adam fenix, civilian anya, and emultion gun skin pack. There is also a $60 version that comes with the stuff i just mentioned, plus civilian marcus fenix, aaron griffin, 36 static gun skins, and 10 animated gun skins.

Im probably just going to go with the $40 version. Im just guessing but i bet they will have gun skins, possibly even character skins for purchase individually. They would be stupid not to.
I have it pre-ordered from the MS store, with their $15 XBL Rewards pre-order bonus credit, plus a credit back when it ships because of issues I had with a $15 off promo code that didn't work when I placed a pre-order for that, Adr1ft and Rare Replay. All three had the $15 XBL Rewards credit, so it would be nice to get GeOW UE for $20 OOP.

[quote name="blueweltall" post="12825440" timestamp="1437764053"]They were talking about Gears of War not Halo 5.[/quote]
Edit: I'm dumb and fail reading comprehension. Carry on...

I did and ran into some snags, older printer not working correctly, had an aero glass hack that made windows 10 not boot, and a couple other minor snags, but was able to get it all worked out.

So far liking it quite a bit, though coming from Windows 8.1 it doesn't really feel all that much different..

I  had the nvidia driver issue. Once i upgraded i wasnt able to use my video card anymore and the driver wasnt working.

I was able to finally get it working later but it was a giant headache.

Yeah like most Windows releases I'm gonna wait a bit for all the kinks to get worked out. It would be nice to get a PC ready to stream Xbox One games when I want to though.

bread's done
Back