Xbox One Limited Edition Halo 5: Guardians Console- Available to Preorder. $499

I'm going to do the same thing I did last year.  Going to go buy this on Black Friday at Target for < $400. 

I picked up the Advanced Warfare xbox last year for $400 marked down from $500 holiday sale, don't even use it that much, yet it was still well worth the purchase.  It looks badass, still love it.  Plus if you end up changing your mind you shouldn't have much trouble selling it.

I cannot believe I'm actually going to go buy a second Xbox. 

Is $200 enough because that's what both GameStop and Best Buy are offering... lol
I struggle with this all the time, but consoles don't hold value like they used to (much less finding someone who actually wants it), and I just started eating the price difference for aesthetics upgrade. On a brighter note, the warranty gets reset since I have a new console!... at least that's what I tell myself.

Currently trading up

White Destiny PS4 to Taken King PS4

Day One X1 to Forza X1

White Sunset Overdrive X1 to this Halo 5 X1

I struggle with this all the time, but consoles don't hold value like they used to (much less finding someone who actually wants it), and I just started eating the price difference for aesthetics upgrade. On a brighter note, the warranty gets reset since I have a new console!... at least that's what I tell myself.

Currently trading up

White Destiny PS4 to Taken King PS4

Day One X1 to Forza X1

White Sunset Overdrive X1 to this Halo 5 X1
I...dont understand.. This will cost at least $700. You really can't find something better than aesthetic looks and 1 year warranties to spend that $700 on?

I think rather than get this (As gorgeous as that box is) I'm gonna pick up a MCC bundle for $350 or less, then pick up a standard copy of Halo 5, and the Master Chief controller. All in all I get half the storage, but an extra controller, MCC, and save about $50

What xbox console for 360 or one ever sold out? Because I was always able to find them months if not years after... From the mw2 console to halo reach to even the white xbox one, Which gamestop has a bunch for preowned at 319... Every 360 console is instock at gamestop.com used... So no1 cares about the color execpt some nerds mostly here and at SD.

Show a me console by xbox as rare as ps4 20th anniversary console. And don't bring up (I Made This), that was not availble for the average consumer. 

What xbox console for 360 or one ever sold out? Because I was always able to find them months if not years after... From the mw2 console to halo reach to even the white xbox one, Which gamestop has a bunch for preowned at 319... Every 360 console is instock at gamestop.com used... So no1 cares about the color execpt some nerds mostly here and at SD.

Show a me console by xbox as rare as ps4 20th anniversary console. And don't bring up (I Made This), that was not availble for the average consumer.
Here ya go:

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/consoles/xbox-one-limited-edition-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-system/119199

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Limited-Call-Duty-Advanced/dp/B00MMTKXTA/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1438719841&amp;sr=1-3&amp;keywords=advanced+warfare+xbox

All used consoles are cheaper than they were when they were new. naming one exclusive LE doesn't buck that trend. Not sure what point you think you're making. Yeah, buying someone elses used stuff is always going to be cheaper.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Gears-Limited-Console-Bundle/dp/B0050SYZCQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1438719977&amp;sr=1-2&amp;keywords=gears+of+war+xbox

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Limited-Halo-4-Bundle/dp/B003O6JIFA/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1438720005&amp;sr=1-3&amp;keywords=halo+4+xbox

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Limited-Call-Duty-Warfare/dp/B0050SYJJA/ref=sr_1_9?s=videogames&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1438720434&amp;sr=1-9&amp;keywords=modern+warfare+3+xbox

As it turns out, nearly all new Collector's Edition hardwares end up costing more after they sell out. If you want a new piece of hardware you need to buy one before they sell out or else they go up in price, usually quite a bit in the aggregate. No one knows which ones are or aren't going to sell out super fast. The latest LE, the Batman ps4 is another good example. If you slept on it, you would have had to pay more to buy one.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Batman-Arkham-Knight-Limited-4/dp/B00VETEZ34/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;qid=1438720704&amp;sr=1-1&amp;keywords=batman+LE+ps4

Last edited by a moderator:

I jus recently stated buying used games, and I just bought my first ever used controller (TF controller with a coopun), but I don't think I'll ever buy a used console. Who knows what emotional scars it will have...

Someone relatively close to me was selling his AW console for &lt;$300 on the 5miles app, that is the only time I've been tempted to buy a used console. But it would need to come with a warranty for me to seriously consider it.

I think for some, they will get this console no matter what you or anyone else says. They love Halo, or maybe the design, and they have made their decision. I say, let them be happy and anxious for their new system.

Others, like me for example, will wait to see if this "limited" console truly sells out. If I does then I will keep it because I like rare stuff. If it doesn't, i will likely cancel my preorder, as I will feel stupid seeing this on sale during black friday.

On a side note, just because no previous consoles sold out, doesn't mean all future ones won't sell out either.

#MyTwoBits

Are you talking about before release? None I can think of. If you're talking about within a short time of release, I would say both the Sunset Overdrive white bundle and the recently released Halo MCC white bundle. Both are gone from retail and sold out within a few weeks of release.

I was waiting for this for a while but looking at it i dont really like the console . Whats the difference betweern the halo 5 console bundle vs the forza bundle? forza is $100 cheaper both 1 tb . I think i may go for that one.

You have to remember, yes this bundle is 100 dollars more then the Foroza Bundl;e but the Halo Bundle from what I understand comes with a Spartan Statue and stuff it basically comes with the CE of Halo 5 on top of the cool looking console

I was waiting for this for a while but looking at it i dont really like the console . Whats the difference betweern the halo 5 console bundle vs the forza bundle? forza is $100 cheaper both 1 tb . I think i may go for that one.
Yeah, you're buying it for the style and that's it. While paying a premium. If you don't think it looks awesome then it's an easy pass.

This is pretty much thier holiday bundle so I have no doubt it will be out through the holidays and on sale.
Disagree. This is not a mass market bundle. It's something for the collector and hardcore Halo fan market. There will certainly be actual holiday bundles announced in the Fall just as they do every year, but this will likely be like every other Halo bundle they have done and sell out a short while after release.

Disagree. This is not a mass market bundle. It's something for the collector and hardcore Halo fan market. There will certainly be actual holiday bundles announced in the Fall just as they do every year, but this will likely be like every other Halo bundle they have done and sell out a short while after release.
Starting to get late to announce something. They dont have any marketing deals with any big games this holiday season to make a game bundle unless they do something like a tomb raider bundle with both games.

Yeah, it's still a hassle though. You won't be able to play on first day and you probably have to wait for a week for your disc.
The console and the LCE come out a week early since they have no physical copy. You can preload early or redeem the code for a disc. Hopefully they ship them quick enough to get it before release.

Starting to get late to announce something. They dont have any marketing deals with any big games this holiday season to make a game bundle unless they do something like a tomb raider bundle with both games.
Not really. Last year the Assassin's Creed bundle was announced on October 15, 2014.

well, atleast some of the people who were insane during gamestop flip/trade in boost last week should be able to afford it. it should be pennies to them

Not really. Last year the Assassin's Creed bundle was announced on October 15, 2014.
Thats why I made the point about no marketing deals on big 3rd party games this year.

They dont have the Marketing for Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty or Star Wars so those 3 are out.

Not sure about Fallout so maybe a fallout bundle.

A console with RoTR and TR: DE would be a best bet for a holiday bundle. Unless they do a bundle that throws in launch games.

Price is too much like others have said.  Also the 4th game wasn't very good at least to me.  The guns did almost no damage and you would need an entire clip just to kill one guy.

Thats why I made the point about no marketing deals on big 3rd party games this year.

They dont have the Marketing for Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty or Star Wars so those 3 are out.

A console with RoTR and TR: DE would be a best bet for a holiday bundle. Unless they do a bundle that throws in launch games.
There is a Madden bundle, a Gears of War bundle and a newly announced EA Sports bundle all set for release in the next couple of months. There's no reason they couldn't do a plain Halo 5 bundle. My point was that this is almost certainly not the "holiday bundle" and won't likely be available too much beyond release.

There is a Madden bundle, a Gears of War bundle and a newly announced EA Sports bundle all set for release in the next couple of months. There's no reason they couldn't do a plain Halo 5 bundle. My point was that this is almost certainly not the "holiday bundle" and won't likely be available too much beyond release.
Wasn't the Halo 4 bundle around for along time?

I think there are plenty of options, though. They announced the Euro FIFA bundle that comes with either 1 or 12 months of EA Access and the game (depending on if you get the 500 GB or 1 TB model). I'd expect them to do like last year and give the U.S. a Madden bundle of a similar kind. Then they're bundling Gears Ultimate (and, probably, the other games in BC) with consoles in the near-future. They've now added the Forza 6 and Halo 5 LE consoles, to boot. What else do they really need for the holiday season? Last year, it was just Assassin's Creed in a plain console bundle and CoD AW's painted one.

All of that said, I wouldn't be surprised if there were some kind of Black Friday bundle that gave folks Halo: TMCC and Gears Ultimate or Rare Replay and the Project Spark DLC, as mature and kid options, as examples.

Well, they have two different controllers sold separately, but the console comes with one of them. Not sure how that's a bad deal.
It's a bad deal because unlike other Microsoft bundles that were priced higher then standard bundles

This doesn't have a second controller (Gears 3 Console; Halo 4 Consle)

The Controller isn't exclusive to the bundle (Halo 4 Console)

This doesn't have exclusive content (Halo 4 Console)

It doesn't have a larger hard drive to justify the premium

I wouldn't be surprised if the $499 price is just a test and they drop it to $449 a week or two before release. Or they could keep it and continue to play second fiddle.

Wasn't the Halo 4 bundle around for along time?
Yes and no. They could be found a week or two after release but not much longer then that because people could sell the exclusive controllers for $90 each and the exclusive DLC for $100+.

Let's also not forget MS had to drop the price on that right before release too.

We won't know about the holiday bundle until November. I remember we only found out about the PS4 Holiday bundle when the Black Friday ads went out.

I'm waiting for the inevitable Gears 4 themed console so I'm going to pass on the Halo one. The Gears 3 console was perfect to me.

Halo 5 Guardians Limited Edition Xbox One Trailer  review, features detail look of the console and the two limited halo 5 controllers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx9AZTG-AoI

It's a bad deal because unlike other Microsoft bundles that were priced higher then standard bundles

This doesn't have a second controller (Gears 3 Console; Halo 4 Consle)

The Controller isn't exclusive to the bundle (Halo 4 Console)

This doesn't have exclusive content (Halo 4 Console)

It doesn't have a larger hard drive to justify the premium

I wouldn't be surprised if the $499 price is just a test and they drop it to $449 a week or two before release. Or they could keep it and continue to play second fiddle.
...but it has all of the Halo 5 LE content. It has the Guardian statue, the paperwork on both squads, and the steelbook, plus those Req Packs. It also does have a FOTUS armor DL and a multiplayer emblem, like the Halo 4 console did. Also, are you complaining that Microsoft is letting people buy the controller? Why?

I do agree the price is too high, though. It's $100 more than the Forza 6 bundle, but the added LE content from Halo 5 is only $40 more than the base game, so it feels like it's something of a $60 "Halo tax." They really should have gone with $450, or given us both controllers for $500.

Man that exclusive dlc that came with the Halo 4 console went for a buttload of money when it came out. If this console has exclusive dlc, that could help reduce the cost if sold.

I jus recently stated buying used games, and I just bought my first ever used controller (TF controller with a coopun), but I don't think I'll ever buy a used console. Who knows what emotional scars it will have...

Someone relatively close to me was selling his AW console for &lt;$300 on the 5miles app, that is the only time I've been tempted to buy a used console. But it would need to come with a warranty for me to seriously consider it.
Is that ver rare because I can buy that ver used on CL for 300

I think I'm going to cancel and get the Forza bundle for $100 less. More of a fan of Forza anyway. 

Cheers to everyone else! 

Console is ok looking. Forza one is nicer to me and this one being $500 is pretty dumb. Does this one make unique sounds like the forza one? The controllers are nice though and would be the only things I would buy. I'm content with my black one until they make a smaller version of this beast.

bread's done
Back